Heavy steps on the run
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A sea of stars is staring back at me. A dead ethos' Soul is supposed to roam existence. Till it dissolves into oblivion. 

< in process >

The system's echoes hit my mind. I try, by habit, to call my interface. Discovering my inability to talk or even move. The dissolution into the very fabric of exitence is not as I envisioned.

These trains of thought are cut when all my senses are back. 

Something drilling my not supposed to be mind. Deeper, louder... And louder, then louder and louder. From in to out. Eardrums are there. pierced, Shuttered, and slowly reformed Again and again. 

Seconds, minutes, hours... years

I could hear it slicing my brain. Cutting my ear. Shredding my boons and body. Feeling every moment of this hell. Unable to sleep, to die, to lose, I was there. 

A cycle of pain continues, under the sea of stars.

< in process >

...

<in process >

< Magical origin manifestation is complete >

< Stabtlize and initiate >

A surge of mist surrounds me. A change after so long. The Rusty, Bloody red mist dissolves fast into thin air. Leaving me, for what felt like an eternity. 

A lie was it? I remember it all. I can recall the pain. Yet it feels so far, Unreal. My body and mind which gave me so much suffering are no longer...

 I can feel every knock and cranny but somehow it's heavy, so heavy. 

Trying to move. My stiff neck started to crack. I stopped again, the fear of having to go through this all over again.

Nothing happened but I just didn't want to. I wanted to cry but no tears fall. I wanted to scream but not even a breath is out.

Desperate for something, I try again while every fiber of me screams not to. It's slow and heavy but it's something. 

Waited for the end to come. However, now able to see why after my death, I wasn't dissolved into oblivion. And ended in my deserved hell.

 Finally, I manage to shape an idea of why those stars kept watching me for a long. I wasn't through this for an internity. At least felt like one.

It's just, being born is a long hell. A hell no conscious being should come through. My body is under my sight.

Arms long and cracked, ending with slender fingers and sharp nails. A large wide, curved torso covered by an ancient dusty armor. Nailed into the very chest and shoulders carrying it. 

Long thick legs, having an animalistic shape and ending with hovers. A long tail is shaping half circle around where I stand.

It doesn't take me a sec. All clues lead my thoughts into a shape in my mind.

 But how! We fought, and I lost. it killed me, devouring my body. And capable of devouring my soul.

We, Ethos',  had many doubts about this one. As it showed a variety of abilities. But this was never mentioned in any of the reports. 

Standing there, questioning why me and why in an alien body? A body of those I swore to... 

.....

The horizon star is high.  Eating the sky, denying me of all blessings from the Hidden Blaze. Glancing at this bright sky annoys me. knowing what is incoming, I pray. May the Blaze help me to resist temptation.

Crossing the schoolyard. My tired body is repelling. ' ugh, Come on buddy, an all-night stand won't kill us. It isn't the 1st and won't be the last '.

Finally close to the school gates. I stop to take a breath. I can notice a few pieces of equipment and supplies through the ground. Carrying one of the last heavy pieces of equipment into a big bus, Miss Ramona doesn't even stop to address me.

However, Joaquin gets down from a leader to the bus side. Apparently, finished organizing, tons of material up there on a net. 

The dude is as buffed as usual. this Fit, tight body that I would die to get is heading into action without losing a breath. He notices me and as the well-trained pet of Miss Ramona, he decides to treat me as a ghost and continue his work.

Miss Ramona The Club supervisor and a figurehead Joaquin's treatment hit a nail through my fragile self.

 Their silence is a way of ' lo a behold, Shame of P.E. class is here to sweat a bucket and die of dehydration? '. 

Aside from admiring Miss Ramona's tight, slim jumpsuit and Joaquin's fine muscles through his undershirt, I stand my ground and keep starting.

" May Horizon grant me strength. Jade, you are late! " \(`0´)/..... 

" Oh, Far Blaze, grace me ". I grab the symbol in my pocket. Whispering my prayer. Knowing that horizon star's hot, evil influence would deny any blessing of reaching this poor believer.

" you were supposed to help, we are behind schedule ". She said

" Yeah, such misfortune "

" you don't even regret it " a scream hit me.

being a scholarship student teaches me to kiss authority Buttoks. Well then, let me introduce authority.

Mercedes Micaela Leocadia, the real defacto mastermind of this club and Daughter of Horizon church's bishop, Micaela.

Benevolent Micaela is running Leocadia dioceses and functioning as a headmistress of our humble institution. 

As her only daughter. Mercedes gets to be bossy and unreasonable.

The princess jumps out of the caravan followed by her two lackeys.

Elea and Nora, these fantastic creepy sisters never liked me, shame!

" M, you invited this nobody again !"

" tsk, tsk, livin' da dream lil bub, ain't ya "

The two decide to spit curses on my face right after entering the scene, and for some reason, my mandatory conscription is somehow turned into some kind of a gift by Horizen.

' I would rather be dead! '.

" you two, zip it ? " both were unsatisfied with only this amount of man slaughter leaving the job for Mercedes.

" Where were you??  Many of us had to load these packages instead of doing real supposed tasks. ". She drew closer, barely leaving an arm's length between us.

" ah, you know, being a student, attending exams ..... " stopping a sec then it hits me 

"Wait, oh, no you don't...... You made a wide school announcement asking for and I quote  ' m sorry ass ' to school Gaaaaa....! ".

 I wanted to shout the last part but was trapped by my tie, cutting what lil breath reached my tired lungs' By blaze, what the heck she is doing '.

In what way I believed reason could pass into her thick skull? Throwing me into the bus.

" It's bloody midterms you... " I stand for my innocence. 

" all that nonsense was finished over 3 hours ago, you idiot took too long, Horizon is shining my path, today By its blessing, I am sure we will be able to achieve something! ".

And of course, I forget to mention how I am the dumbest monkey in this gathering of weirdos.

The supernatural it is. A club of elites gathered to look for nonsense.

 a Simple nerd, barely living on charity, shouldn't take part, but somehow I managed to catch a spoiled princess heart and secure entry to this institution. 

Now I am paying my dignity, and mind for such a cursed blessing. Oh far blaze, Mercy on this poor soul. Help me to achieve my mission and find salvation.

.....

Questions and more questions. A dead man isn't dead. This is me now. No, not a man any longer.

I keep Walking through this dense forest, Nothing to see. Only following the far sound my senses tracked. 

Deep down, I can't pass over my trauma. Waiting for an enemy, My killer. Yet, what will they do to me when I am the enemy!

No longer being a human was bad enough, but what hit back is me. Somehow I am one of the very creatures I swore to...

A far echo reaches my enhanced senses. An engine and wheels are it ?..... To my surprise. As a magical origin creature. Didn't cross me that I would come across a motor vehicle.

Finally, close to hearing them, between all the disturbance this dense green forest gives me, I managed to pick up an engine noise. 

To my surprise, it was many miles far. Yet I was able to catch it. Now close enough I distinguish a human tone. 

As a living magical creature, an engine on this shore is very unusual. Are they a hybrid civilization? No, focusing more I can also hear the wheels. 

I stop my giant body for a sec, dame hesitation.

Whoever, whatever is there will have more answers for me.

My heavy steps on the run

....

1