Arc:1 // Sweet careless days // Chapter:1 Arrival.
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ARRIVAL

We arrived at the fort around midnight, my squad have been doing really well these days, even though the attacks have been increasing on the way here, we crushed those rebels, after this long journey all we wanted to do was sleep.

In the middle of the night while everyone is asleep sounds started rumbling, alerted by the noise I jumped out of the bed graved my sword and went outside still on bed roves.

Just a look around and I noticed that we where being attack, a night raid, I went to the quarters of my squad mates just to see them all dead, killed on their sleep, I couldn’t stomach to look for more than a second so I turned around, tried walking away just to I hear a wet sound and a huge pain on my abdomen.

I looked down, and notice a thin sword poking through my stomach, I try to turn around to no vail just to hear: ???:” you couldn’t keep your hands out of this mess, didn’t you? Just sleep for now.”

I collapse and a mysterious voice says: “You cannot give up now, please, stop them!”, as everything turns black.

 

 

 

-----(STARTING CYCLE 2) -----

 

 

 

‘W-where am I´

I wonder with a headache that quickly fades.

???: “Miss, are you alright?”

I look up and see a worried maid in front of me, I recognize her, she is my maid, a Demihuman Tigerkin.

“Sara, where are we?”

Sara: “Is there something wrong miss Megan? We are traveling to the academy; we should be getting there in a couple of hours at this pace”.

Megan: “Ah its noting Sara I was just a little dizzy, moreover, I have ordered you many times to just call me Megan”.

Sara: “… As you say Miss Megan?”

‘why is she being so distant’

I wonder as we continue riding on the decorated carriage, destined to the Academy, simply name like that because is the only academy on the human lands, the Academy is the only place to specialize on the arts of magic, with multiple paths to take on the deepening of all magic related arts, my path to take on the academy is the spellblade, having awakened my affinities early on I started training to enter the Academy as per my Fathers instructions, I have been honing my rapier skills since I was 12, two years later I was allowed to use my magic withing my training, I have 2 affinities, my strongest wind magic allow me to move better and faster, as well as hinder my foe, I am supposed to be able to attack with it, but that is beyond my capabilities for now; And my second affinity: Time, a super rare one, one that I have no idea how to use at the moment, maybe I am underselling this affinity, I am the only one in hundreds of years that is recorded to have this affinity, to be honest, I didn’t pay much attention to this when they explained this to me.

Who are `they`? Well, the Church of course!

As I was spacing out for who knows how long I was called by my maid.

Sara: “miss, whe are here”

I snapped right back to reality (oh, there goes…)

Noticing that my maid was waiting for me outside, I accepted her hand and walked outside, what awaits me is the sight of the huge Castle that houses the Academy.

We left behind the carriage and the coachman.

It seems that I am not the only one that arrived today, as I see a lot of movement at the entrance, as I make way to the dorm fallowing the female crowd, I hear some students snickering.

Girl1: “did you know that this used to be a keep from the demons?”.

Girl2: “eeehh!? This place used to be from those savages!? I don’t know if I am that enthusiastic about being here knowing that this place is tainted by those beasts”.

Gril1: “Well, it has been decades since we captured this place and knowing that we won this place from them is even better than just being a regular old castle”.

´so this place was conquered by the theocracy´

As I was on my own world a older lady with an frown on her face walked directly to our group and said.

Older lady: “ Hello Ladies, my name is Marta and I am the female dorm keeper, please fallow me close so you new blood don’t get lost.

´What is her problem?´ I thought as we simply fallowed her.

 

 

This is my first novel, this is the prototype and first draft as I don’t even know if this is interesting or if I am going to continue it tbh, I have almost the entire novel planed but don’t know how to knit it together yet, English is not my first language (its Spanish), and I would like to get feedback on this pilot chapter, I know that I use too much first person and repeat myself a lot, but I thing that is gonna get better with practice, thank you for at least trying to read this mess =D.

Should I continue it
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
0