CHAPTER 24 : A PERFECT PLAN
142 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It didn't take long for Asher to inquire about the solution as many veteran soldiers and mages already knew about it as it wasn't even a secret. The only reason Asher never heard about it before is due to the fact that he wasn't acquainted with anyone as nobody intensionally socialized with him because of his creepy remark,s and to be honest, I'm not really surprised by this, guy was an as*hole.

Apparently, the solution was directly transported from central dominion to all of the military bases in alcrya which were tasked to corrupt the mana beasts in dicathen.

As for its origin, There were many rumours between soldiers and mages in the base, Some say it is made by one of the sovereigns, using his own blood as a main ingredient. Some even said the high sovereign himself concoct it. As for what's the truth, that information is probably not even known to retainers.

The main point is, the next batch will be arriving in some days, carried by a random mage from the central dominion.

Although I really did not want to face an unknown enemy, the pink solution was extremely important for me as I could feel that if I was really able to unveil its mysteries, my gains would not be small. which I genuinely needed right now.

So Asher and I made a plan, to Robb the mage and then probably....kill them.

.................

...........

3 days later.

Suddenly a deathly aura that smelled even worse than the rotting corpses engulfed the teleportation room as a man stepped out from the oval-shaped portal. He looked like a walking skeleton. His face was pale and puffy, his eyes so sunken and dark that they looked like empty holes. Flat, greenish hair like dead seagrass clung to his forehead and cheeks. He was tall and awkwardly thin with sharp, spiderish limbs that his sheer black mage's robes highlighted.

The back of his robes was cut away, revealing a series of dark tattoos standing out against the white flesh. His spine and ribs were sharply defined, their grey shadows intersecting the sharply inked lines. 

All in all, he was the most ugliest person I have ever seen in both of my lives.

Judging by the colour of the commander's face and his stiff movements, I could tell he was also creeped out quite a bit, but still remembered his duty as he stepped forward towards the man and greeted him, faking a smile.

"Mage Bilal, my name is Smith Williams, in charge of this base. I've heard a lot of great things about you, Pleasure to finally meet you."

As he said this, I mentally frowned, 'it seems like this mage is quite famous. but the plan is already in place, I can't just drop it now.'

Bilal nodded at the commander, with no particular change in his expression as the portal closed behind him. After nearly half a minute, suddenly a black case appeared in front of him out of thin air which he caught in his right hand while simultaneously eyeing the commander.

"I've been tasked to deliver this here," he said, stretching his hand out in a giving manner.

On cue, commander smith took the case from him and replied, "We've been informed of that Mr Bilal, thank you for your service, I would like to invi-

Raising his hand, Bilal stopped him from saying anything further.

"If that's all then I'll be on my way, I have many other encampments to go to," he said plainly while eying the mage who was in charge of operating the teleportation gate.

Noticing his gaze, the mage shuddered, but still accumulating all the courage he had, he looked at the commander in a questioning manner, asking for his orders.

Although a little annoyed for being disregarded like this, commander smith still nodded at the mage.

And he wasted no time and set the location told by Bilal, activating the portal.

There were currently two other people in this room of about 1000 sqft Besides the commander, Bilal and the mage.

Yup, me and Asher. As for what we were doing here? Well, Originally only I was asked to come however I managed to convince the commander to let Asher come along as well, telling him that it will increase his trust in me, making it easier for me to complete my task. And he agreed without any hesitation.

Space around us lit up as an oval-shaped light blue portal appeared in the centre of the teleportation room.

Bilal not wanting to fiddle around any longer, readily entered the portal, without even looking back at the poor commander.

"Bastard." Smith cursed, as the portal in front of us closed. 

But the next instant his eyes widened as he suddenly realized he couldn't speak or even move his head or body anymore. Before he could even understand what had happened to him. He lost his vision and thinking as well.

MAGE's POV :

My eyes nearly popped out of my sockets as I gaped at the commander's now headless corpse drop to the floor. 

A cold chill ran down my spine realizing that I wasn't even able to notice how the fuck he died or who killed him.

'How could someone be so fast?' I thought, as my heart started to race like never before.

Then suddenly I recalled that there were two more people present in the room beside me.

I looked in the direction they were standing but only found that weird black-haired kid with widened eyes, Surprise evident on his face. 

Before I could ask him if he saw what had happened or look for the other one, my vision turned dark.

ASHER's POV :

My jaw nearly dropped to the floor at the unbelievable turn of events. Although I already knew what was gonna happen as Alex had told me his plan beforehand. but THIS!

The guy literally killed a fu*king commander with a speed so fast that my eyes were not even able to grasp it.

Everything happened In just two instants. He disappeared from his place and the next moment, the commander dropped dead. An instant later, that terrified mage also met his fate.

Even though I knew before that the guy was powerful as his unique camouflage technique isn't something anyone would be able to make or even pull off, but I never imagined it was to this extent. I've only seen retainer's move at this speed.

'And I agreed to become this freaks assistant. What the f*ck have I gotten myself into?' I literally screamed in my mind. Although he told me what I would be doing as his assistant but I was still scared shitless at this point.

However, deep down I knew that Alex was probably my last chance at avenging my family. And now that I have literally killed the guy my enemies had hired to kill me. They would probably increase their evaluation, sparing no effort to get rid of me next time.

I was pulled out of my train of thought as suddenly a portal emitting a golden hue appeared in front of me, leaving my mouth agape.

'Golden? Shouldn't it be light blue?' I thought as many doubts formed in my mind.

"This portal will lead you to an underground cave, Just wait for me there and don't go outside as it might be dangerous." Alex's voice came from my side.

Turning in his direction, despite the many doubts forming in my mind, I just nodded at him as I knew what he was gonna do next and he didn't have time to spare on my questions. 

The familiar golden light engulfed him the next instant, and he disappeared. 

6