Chapter 2: New Discovery!
857 7 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After trying his new ability 'ghost' several times, Grim finally got the hang of it.

"I can only maintain this ability for 3 minutes at most, and I can only use it two times a day before I get exhausted."

During the day, worker ants traveled, attacking other colonies and insects they encounter for food.

He joined a group, and they traveled for five minutes before they came across a poisonous toad. Other worker ants surrounded the toad, and he used 'ghost' and got closer to the prey.

The toad was busy fending off others, so Grim used his poisonous bite and ran back.

"That should do it."

After two minutes of struggling, the toad finally died, and he got a notification in the head.

Ding! Ding!

[Host has killed a poison dart frog and obtained 1 Evo point

The host has also come in contact with poison, so the efficacy of your poisonous bite has increased. Now it requires less time to kill prey]

He left the butchering and transportation job for the other workers. Though he wanted to sell the corpse to the system shop, he couldn't claim the corpse for himself as he was in a group.

"Well, that's that." He then joined the next group, which was traveling further for the hunt. After ten minutes of travel, they found a caterpillar and surrounded it, and killed it.

They continued the hunt till sunset, and they managed to kill 15 small insects like beetles, dragonflies, mantes, and butterflies. During the night, they made a temporary shelter and took a rest.

The next day they set off again for the hunt. Today was not such a lucky day, they only managed to hunt ten small insects.

However, something surprising happened while he killed his last prey. When he killed a golden beetle, he suddenly heard a familiar sound in his head.

Ding! Ding!

[You have obtained 'compact' from golden beetle!

Ability: Compact (basic, growth type)

(can strengthen the body up to five times the normal strength)]

While surprised, he asked, "Corpse can drop abilities too?"

"Yes, however, there is only a 10% chance to drop basic abilities."

"Hmm, so that's why I didn't get any ability as a drop even though I killed so many preys."

He suddenly remembered something, "A normal ant can carry 50 times their body weight, so with this ability, I can carry 250 times my body weight."

"I weigh around 15 grams (0.5 oz) right now, so I can carry a prey weighing 3.7kg(8.15 lbs)."

"Damn, that's broken."

Even though he was excited about his new ability, he decided to take rest with the other because ferocious predators roamed the forest at night, and he didn't want to become their food.

The next day, he wanted to go further for the hunt, but it would be more dangerous the farther he went, so he decided to make his return. He joined a group of ants that were also returning and made their way to the nest.

It was only a day's worth of journey since they were traveling without break. Just when he was an hour away from his nest, he heard a sudden but familiar sound in his head.

Alert! Alert! Alert!

The nest is under attack. It is advised for the host to defend the queen and the nest. In case the queen dies, the ants will be disorganized, further reducing the chances of survival.

[Emergency Quest: Protect the queen and nest]

[Quest Reward: 50 Evo ]

[Punishment For Failure: Decrease in survival chance]

[Optional Quest: Kill the queen of the attacking nest]

[Reward For Completion: 1 weekly ability refresh ticket]

[Punishment For Failure: The enemy nest will target you]

"The Entire nest will come after me if I fail?, Doesn't that sound too extreme?"

"But 1 weekly ticket sounds tempting. I want to see other abilities too." There were both fear and excitement in his eyes.

"I am already this strong with just 3 abilities, I can't wait to get more."

"Time to get back." He began his return toward his nest.

39