Chapter 88: Catalyst For Breakthrough
193 6 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following Day

An elder from the 'Martial' alliance made an early morning appearance. He was there to guide the disciples to the unique cultivation area.

The alliance leaders had named the garden a 'unique cultivation area'.

Grim had already informed the disciples about it. So, they left with the elder enthusiastically.

A few hours later, another elder arrived at the academy.

He was there to guide them to their new settlement.

Soon, everyone began packing their belongings, causing the usually quiet academy to bustle with activities.

***

Army Camp

The soldiers had to stick to the schedule. It was composed of waking early, exercising in the morning, having breakfast, weapons training or spell training, having lunch, weapons training or cultivation, dinner, and having a shower and sleeping.

The soldiers were settled in a camp.

Coincidentally Yuan Chang, Ren Dan, and Meng Zhou were in the same camp.

As always, they went for breakfast after the exercise. However, when they were about to leave after breakfast, they were stopped by the superior.

The superior started naming them one by one.

Afterward, the superior ordered. "All the soldiers whose name has been mentioned, follow me."

The superior left and soldiers followed suit.

They arrived at the training ground and spotted an elder waiting for them.

"Now, the elder with give you instructions." The superior left.

***

The elder spoke. "I know you lot must be confused right now. I'm here to guide you to the newly formed 'unique cultivation area'."

"Why are we the only ones to be selected," asked Meng Zhou

The elder replied. "The alliance leader instructed me to escort the disciples from the 'Faith' academy. Of course, you are the exception. As for the reasons behind it, I have no clue. Let's depart now."

The elder escorted the disciples to the destination. Once there, they were greeted with familiar faces.

The other half of the disciples from the 'Faith' academy were seated across the ball of fire.

One of the disciples pointed at the gem and asked.

"What's that?"

The elder replied. "That's the source of the fire. There's an ongoing rumor that 'whoever can reach the gem can transcend to the next level. However, don't try it unless you want to turn into dust."

The disciples shrank back after the warning.

The elder stated. "Alright, now you can start absorbing the aura released by Gem. It will improve your affinity with the 'fire' element. Start from the 500-meter mark. Now, disperse."

The disciples chose a seat and began absorbing the fiery aura as instructed.

Ren Dan, Gu Lan, Yuan Chang, and Meng Zhou worked as a group. Currently, they were sitting close to each other.

Yuan Chang was the first to absorb the aura. The aura entered his body. Then, it began spreading across his entire body.

It gave off a pleasant feeling.

Ahh!

He could not help but moan.

The rest of the group saw his delighted reaction. So, they gave it a try as well. They had similar reactions as well.

Soon, they were immersed in cultivation.

Gong!

Suddenly, A bell rang-jolting everyone back to reality.

The elder announced. "Twelve hours have passed. You can come back tomorrow at the same time."

"Already? I was just getting started."

The disciples were reluctant to leave. However, they had to leave despite their reluctance-as it was night already.

The elders arranged another group of talented disciples for the next batch, but they weren't as privileged as the disciples from the 'Faith' academy since they only got six hours to cultivate. The three alliance leaders and some of the sect leaders began cultivation as well.

However, unlike the disciples, their starting point was the 150-meter mark.

***

Outside the Alliance HQ.

Bai Hua was waiting for the disciples.

The academy had relocated, but the disciples were unaware of its location. So, the principal decided to send Bia Hua to guide them back.

A few minutes later, the disciples exited the headquarter.

Bai Hua spotted them and walked toward them. Afterward, he told the details of the events.

The disciples had yet to know the deeds of Grim. So, all these changes left them shocked.

Gu Lan couldn't help but ask. "Instructor Hua, why are they giving us such privileges? First unique cultivation area, and now better settlement?"

Cough! Cough!

Bai Hua commented. "You guys were absent yesterday morning, so it makes sense. It's all thanks to your brother Grim."

The answer shocked everyone.

Gu Lan quickly asked. "Junior brother is back?"

Bai Hua responded. "Not only is he back, but he is also the reason behind all our privileges. He is the pride of our 'Faith' academy."

Then, he narrated events.

Bai Hua was filled with regret. "Only if he was my disciple."

A few seconds later, he came back to his senses. "Alright, let's go."

However, no one responded. He observed the disciples. They all had the same reaction.

@_@

Bai Hua yelled. "Let's go."

The disciples jolted back to their senses.

Half of the disciples were still in the army and they would be punished if they left without permission, so they hesitated.

Ren Dan exclaimed. "We can't go even if we wanted."

Bai Hua said. "Is it because of the army? You don't have to worry about it. Grim can deal with it. Let's go."

Bai Hua marched ahead, and the disciples followed suit.

***

Faith Academy

The new 'Faith' academy was situated 5 kilometers away from the alliance headquarters.

If the previous building was a hut, then the current building was a royal palace.

All the students had rooms for them. The instructors, principal, and vice principal were assigned a manor each. They wanted Grim to take the most luxurious manor, but he sharply declined.

He never understood the concept of luxury, nor did he want one.

The academy prepared a massive banquet to celebrate the new location and the disciples' return.

Bai Hua and the disciples arrived by the evening. Soon after, the banquet commenced.

Grim was the center of the attention. Everyone took turns thanking him. However, as a socially awkward person, it was an exhausting experience for him.

He was planning to return after the banquet was over. Suddenly, a girl hugged him from behind.

She said. "Don't ever do that again, stupid brother."

Grim recognized the voice, and it warmed his heart.

He patted her head. "Yes, senior sister."

Ahem! Ahem!

Ren Dan and the trio coughed.

Gu Lan detached herself and ran away with red cheeks.

Heheh!

Grim let out an awkward laugh.

Yuan Chang teased. "It seems like we arrived at the wrong time."

Grim retorted. "It's not what you think."

However, they gave him a side-eyed treatment.

Cough! Cough!

Grim inquired. "So, how have you guys been?"

Yuan Cheng responded. "We are fine, brother Grim. But you, on the other hand. What happened to you, and how did you do it, brother Grim?"

"It's a long story. Take a seat first." He started recounting his adventures omitting all details about the system.

***

An hour later

Grim was done with his story.

Meng Zhou asked. "So, you are telling me the gem can improve the mastery of the 'fire' element? And it can help with breakthrough into the dominion realm?"

Grim nodded. "Yes, if your 'fire' mastery reaches 'advanced' level you can try to break through into the dominion realm. But, the 'advanced' level isn't the limit of the gem."

"What?"

"There is another level of mastery above the 'advanced' level?"

The trio jumped from their seat.

Grim commented. "You'll know when you reach 'advanced' level mastery. There's no end when it comes to cultivation."

Meng Zhou asked curiously. "So, what level of mastery have you reached, Brother Grim?"

Haha

Grim laughed. "You can guess."

Gasp!

The trio understood the implications behind those words.

"Alright, I'll get going brothers. I'm exhausted. If you need help, feel free to ask me."

Whoosh!

Grim disappeared from the spot.

"And he disappeared just like that."

The trio was left to ponder.

Swoosh!

He appeared again.

"What the hell." They were frightened.

"Also, take this as a warning. Don't push yourself too far with the gem, unless you want to turn into dust. Even I was at the death's door multiple times. Take care."

Whoosh!

He disappeared again.

Sigh!

They breathed a sigh of relief.

"We should get going too." The trio returned as well.

***

The next day

Grim went to the Principal's Manor.

He asked. "Principal Wan, how far are you from the breakthrough?"

"I have yet to reach the 'advanced' level at any element."

Wan Jia replied with bitterness.

Grim said. "I have a suggestion, Principal Wan. The staff should also enter the 'unique cultivation area' turn wise."

Wan Jia inquired with worry. "Are you sure about it, disciple Grim? Won't the alliance leaders oppose?"

"You don't have to worry about it, Principal Wan. I'll take to them about it." Grim assured him.

"Thank you for everything, disciple Grim." Wan Jia bowed.

However, Grim stopped him. "It's fine, Principal Wan. The stronger everyone gets, the safer we will be."

He took off and flew toward the alliance HQ.

***

Alliance HQ

The three alliance leaders were in a heated debate.

Suddenly, Grim entered the room with an elder.

The trio stood up and greeted him.

"Greetings, Brother Grim."

Grim greeted back. "Greetings, Brother Zhao, Brother Ren, and Brother Tao."

Ren Ping asked. "So, what brings you here, brother Grim?"

Grim stated. "I need 8 more quotas in the 'unique cultivation area'."

Zhao Jing agreed. "That's fine, brother Grim. However, we have bigger trouble."

"What is it?" asked Grim

Ren Ping said. "We believe there are spies among us."

"It's impossible to find the spies. So, our best course of action would be to hide the 'unique cultivation area' from them and let only the trusted ones inside. They are bound to find out the secret one day, our goal should be to delay the time. " suggested Grim.

Ren Ping stated. "Very well, brother Grim. We'll follow your suggestions."

"That traitor Guo Ming." Zhao Jing was infuriated.

"Can you tell me what this is about?" asked Grim

Zhao Jing started recounting the events.

Grim was left speechless by the end.

He mumbled. "The forbidden forest, dual domain, legendary bird, realm higher than the dominion realm, Guo Ming's betrayal. Could it be the same beast from back then?"

Grim still had vivid memories of his final moments as an eagle. Just remembering it gave him chills.

"However, this time will be different. I already know about the opponent, and I'm no longer a weak bird." His eyes filled with determination.

[Evo points left: 1,244,750]

8