Chapter 91: Death of the Traitor
168 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bang!

The wyvern attacked the wall with its tail and tore it like a piece of tofu. The impact caused a 100 meters (328 ft) wide hole in the wall.

The soldiers at the point of impact either died instantly or got injured heavily.

The rest of the soldiers soon came to their senses and witnessed the breach in the wall.

The captain gave an order. "Attack that beast."

Immediately, the soldiers started bombarding the wyvern.

To their dismay, the attacks achieved nothing. Even the attacks from the dominion realm cultivators managed to only scratch the scales of the wyvern.

The wyvern snickered. "That just tickles."

A wave of despair spread across the battlefield.

***

The involvement of the wyvern attracted the attention of most of the soldiers, which lessened the burden of the hordes.

The beasts took the opportunity to advance. However, it was a slow process than predicted. The traps proved to be a formidable obstacle.

One of the soldiers saw the advancement of the beasts and yelled. "Captain, the beasts are advancing."

The captain ordered. "Half of you focus on the beast in the sky, and the rest focus on the hordes."

"Yes, captain."

Half of the army focused on the hordes again. Soon, the battle erupted on the two fronts.

Boom! Boom! Boom!

The sudden bombardment caught the beasts off guard, almost halting their advance.

The wyvern noticed the sudden halt disgruntled. "These useless shits. I have to do everything as usual."

'Ice Arrows'

Multiple arrows rushed toward the gate.

'Ice Mountain'

'Earth Shield'

'Lightning Rod'

'Shadow Spear'

The dominion realm cultivators launched a counterattack. The counterattack managed to slow the momentum of some of the arrows. But, it was not enough.

Nooo!

The remaining arrows took down about half of the walls and the soldiers facing the hordes.

***

Army Camp

The initial attack of the wyvern alerted the alliance leaders and the sect leaders. They flew toward the wall immediately.

They were only a few kilometers from the wall when they heard a second impact.

Zhao Jing yelled. "Hurry."

The group arrived after a minute and observed the barely standing wall.

About half of the walls and soldiers were gone.

"Six of you go at the wall, and the rest come with me," ordered Zhao Jing

Soon, six cultivators in the entry-dominion realm flew toward the walls, and the rest followed Zhao Jing.

"Let's have some chicken for dinner."

Zhao Jing and the rest flew toward the wyvern.

The wyvern noticed them and smirked. "Here comes the ants."

***

Back at the camp

Grim opened his eyes. Afterward, he went to the camp where the alliance leaders and the rest had gathered before. However, he couldn't locate them.

"Looks like something important happened. Let's go."

'Aerial'

Grim and his hidden clone dashed toward the gate.

They arrived at their destination in a few seconds. Zhao Jing and the rest noticed the arrival of Grim, but they couldn't sense his clone.

"Brother Grim, you arrived as well."

Zhao Jing ran toward him with a big smile.

"So, that must be the leader, right?" Grim pointed at the wyvern in the sky.

"Yes, Brother Grim. Let's have a chicken dinner tonight," said Zhao Jing confidently.

The wyvern noticed the arrival of Grim as well. However, its attention was on the hidden figure behind Grim.

The wyvern felt a sense of familiarity with the hidden figure.

"Where have I seen that guy?" The wyvern started recalling its memories.

Suddenly, a recent memory popped into the head of the wyvern.

"It's the human that ambushed us."

The sudden realization enraged the wyvern to the core.

The wyvern roared. "You cunning bastard, I'll kill you."

The sudden roar caught everyone off guard.

***

Zhao Jing commented. "Why is the beast shouting at us?"

"We have no idea."

Everyone came to the same conclusion.

The wyvern roared again. "You still won't show yourself, coward?"

Zha Jing and the rest were even more confused.

'Release'

The skill 'distort' was deactivated, revealing its true form to everyone.

The clone commented. "So, that's why I was exposed back then."

The appearance of the clone left everyone speechless including the wyvern.

Zhao Jing stuttered. "B...Brother Grim, why are there two of you?"

Everyone had the same question in mind.

Grim joked. "He's my twin brother."

Suddenly, the wyvern roared. "I'll give you both painful death."

The beast advanced toward Grim.

Grim said. "You guys assist me."

'Aerial'

He appeared a few kilometers away.

The wyvern ignored Zhao Jing and the rest and chased Grim and his clone.

***

The clone only had half of his true strength, so Grim had to match its speed so as not to reveal his identity.

However, they were too fast for the wyvern.

The wyvern yelled. "Stop running, you rats."

A thought popped into his mind. "This can't go on. We can't just run till 'Aerial' runs out. We have to confront it."

The clone sensed Grim's thought as well.

'Solar Wave'

'Storm'

A massive wave of fire and lightning bolts surged toward the wyvern.

It didn't even bother to dodge the attack.

Woosh!

Bzzzt!

The attacks landed, causing a couple of scales to chip away.

The wyvern praised. "Would you look at that? You guys managed to chip away a few of my scales."

"Now it's my turn."

'Dual Domain'

The 'Ice' and 'Lightning' domain expanded across 5 kilometers(3.1 miles) simultaneously.

Grim muttered. "So, that's the dual domain. Let's see which one is stronger."

'Fire Domain'

'Lightning Domain'

Both activated domains simultaneously.

The 'Fire domain' spread across 2 kilometers(1.2 miles). However, the 'Lightning Domain' only spread across 700 meters(2296 ft).

Surprisingly, the two domains didn't clash. The 'Fire' element was one of the bases for the 'lightning' element. So, the two domains complemented each other.

Soon, the Duo's domain clashed against the wyvern's, but it withstood the pressure.

The 'ice' element tried to pervade Grim's domain. But the extreme heat kept it at bay, and it was the same situation with the 'lightning'.

The clash of Domains turned into a stalemate.

***

At the Gate

The situation was going well for the humans. But it changed with the sudden appearance of Guo Min and the griffin.

They destroyed most of the traps, allowing the beasts to breach through the walls.

Fortunately, Fang Meng was at the gate, and unfortunately, he was the only cultivator in the mid-dominion realm in the entire front.

"You two come with me, and the rest of you deal with the griffin."

Fang Meng chose Cui Yu and Meng Shi. 

"Yes, sect leader." Everyone followed his command.

Fang Meng roared. "Guo Min, you'll perish today, and all the lives you have taken will get justice."

Guo Min saw Fang Meng and his group.

He always valued his life and would do anything to preserve it. He wanted to retreat, but he knew his fate if he backed away today. So he decided to face the group, plus he had unwavering confidence in the wyvern.

Guo Min roared and advanced. "Come on, you bastards."

'Lightning Domain'

The domain spread across 700 meters, and in response, Fang Meng and the group activated their domain.

'Shadow Domain'

'Fire Domain'

'Ice Domain'

The three domains clashed against other, and the result was as everyone's guess.

Huff! Huff!

Guo Min's domain was pushed back effortlessly.

Fang Meng mocked him. "Haha, that's what you get for betraying, you bastard."

'Enshroud'

He assimilated with shadows alerting Guo Ming.

Guo Min grew anxious. "Shit, where is he?"

He had to maintain the domain while paying attention to the sneak attacks causing his Qi and mental energy to deplete.

He wanted to retreat, but his escape chances were low to none.

'Holy Rush'

His entire body was covered in light-blinding anyone stupid enough to look at him.

'Surge'

Waves of lights spread across, burning everything in the path. The attack caught Meng Shi and Cui Yu off guard and injured them badly.

Zap!

Guo Min appeared in front of Cui Yu and grabbed him by the neck.

Argh!

Cui Yu groaned.

Everything took place within a second.

Guo Min yelled. "Fang Meng, come out of your hiding if you want to save him. I'll count to three."

"One"

"Two"

"Thr..."

Fang Meng said. "Wait, I'll come out."

Soon, he appeared out of the shadows.

Guo Min laughed. "Haha, looks like I'll get the last laugh."

Suddenly, the duration of the 'Holy Rush' ended, leaving Guo Min weakened.

Guo Min pleaded. "No... no... no. Not now."

'Shadow needles'

Small needles shot from below, piercing Guo Min's family jewels.

Ahhhhhhh!

He screamed in agony and kneeled, allowing Cui Yu to escape.

Guo Min realized his situation. So he begged Fang Meng

"Please, spare me."

But more needles shot toward Guo Min. By the time he was dead, he looked less like a human and more like a hedgehog.

Pthui!

Fang Meng spit at the corpse.

"That's what you get for killing my people, you bastard."

"You guys can take a rest and heal. I'll go and support the other team."

Fang Meng flew toward the Griffin.

[Evo points left: 10,444,750]

I'm extremely sorry for the blunder. I thought I had uploaded the chapter yesterday, turns out I did not.

9