Chapter 97: Modifying Third Crystal
146 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Three different elements, yet only one is suitable for me. I can't accept this. Maybe the system store has a useful ability."

"System Shop Open"

[Available Evo Point: 10,444,750]

[Ability 1: Beacon - 150,000 Evo]

(launches a concentrated ray of fire 5x hotter than the base temperature.)

Usage: Five times a day, consumes 75% of the Qi)

[Ability 2: Bulwark - 100,000 Evo]

(creates an armor out of the 'earth' element)

Usage: Can be used until Qi runs out)

[Ability 3: Strive - 100,000 Evo]

(allows you to track a marked target within 100 km {62 mi} )

Usage: Twice a day, lasts for 2 hours.)

[Weekly ability refresh ticket available: 3]

"Two new abilities? I'll take them. System purchase 'Beacon' and 'Bulwark'."

"The ability 'Beacon' and 'Bulwark' has been purchased. 150,000 Evo have been deducted from the host."

Soon, the information about the ability was transmitted to him. It took him a few minutes to comprehend them.

"I'll try 'Beacon' first. At the moment, I can only manipulate temperatures up to 4000° C. Let's see what 5x feels like."

'Beacon'

15 % of the Qi vanished instantly, and a fireball appeared 10 meters(32 ft) apart from him. Soon, a second fireball materialized followed by a 15% Qi reduction.

The temperature rose with the appearance of a second fireball, causing him to fall back. But the process continued, and a third fireball materialized followed by a fourth and a fifth.

Even Grim, who was 100 meters(328 ft) away from the site could feel the extreme temperature.

The fireballs released a ray of fire once all of them materialized. The rays merged as one. The merged ray had a width of 3 meters.

The entire process only took 30 seconds.

Swoosh!

The ray launched, melting everything in its path, but vanished at the same spot.

However, he didn't mind it because the ability had achieved its goal. The ray made a small canal of lava wherever it passed by.

He murmured. "So that's what 20,000 ° C(36,032 ° F) does. The destructive power of the ability at the top, but it's limited by its scope. It'll work best against a single target."

"Let's try the next ability."

'Bulwark'

Clack! Clack! Clack!

Various metal ores started enveloping his body. By the end of the process, he looked like a knight clad in full armor.

"Not bad, it covers my entire body and the metal ore makes it more durable than the 'earth shield'.

However, the armor had a significant drawback. It sucked away Qi every moment he had it on.

***

"Both abilities are good, but they're not fit for the two locations. Let's try again."

Grim ordered. "System, use one weekly ability refresh ticket."

The system notified. "The weekly abilities have been refreshed."

"System Shop Open"

[Available Evo Point: 10,194,750]

[Ability 1: Glaciate - 150,000 Evo]

(Produces antifreeze in the body, and allows you to resist the temperature up to -60° C( -76° F)

Usage: Can be used until Qi runs out)

[Ability 2: Water Lance - 60,000 Evo]

(launches multiple water lance )

Usage: Can be used until Qi runs out)

[Ability 3: Strive - 100,000 Evo]

(allows you to track a marked target within 100 km {62 mi} )

Usage: Twice a day, lasts for 2 hours.)

[Weekly ability refresh ticket available: 2]

"Finally, a useful ability."

"System purchase 'Glaciate'. I might as well buy 'Water Lance' while I'm at it."

"The ability 'Glaciate' and 'Water Lance' has been purchased. 210,000 Evo has been deducted from the host."

"Similar abilities have been detected. Would you like to fuse them?"

Grim replied. "Yes."

"The ability 'Water Lance' has been fused with 'Water Blade'. A new ability has been formed, 'Aqua Arc' - advanced - launches water arcs - can be used until the Qi has been exhausted."

"Another advanced-level ability. That makes four elements at the 'advanced' level of mastery. I'll test the ability."

'Aqua Arc'

Multiple sharp arcs lunged forward, but they vanished at the same spot.

"This is not a proper spot to test the abilities. They get swallowed by the 'space' zone ahead. I'll return to the frozen wasteland and test my ability there."

***

A month later, Frozen Wasteland

"I can never get used to the cold. Perfect time to try the new ability."

He was shivering.

'Glaciate'

The insides of his body consumed the Qi and converted it into antifreeze. A warm and pleasant feeling pervaded his body.

"Ahh! It feels as if I'm near a heater."

He pondered. "Wouldn't it be nice if my third crystal was made from the 'ice' element?"

So he inquired. "System, is it possible to reconstruct my third crystal again?"

The system replied. "It is possible. However, you have to destroy the crystal first."

The reply alarmed him. So he inquired again. "Will my other crystals be fine?"

"Yes, they will be fine." replied the system.

He said. "Then, I'll do it. I don't have any suitable elements to imprint anyway. Can you tell me the process?"

"You have to destroy the crystal using external force. However, it will be a painful process." The system warned him.

Grim replied. "I'm willing to endure the pain as long as I can imprint one of the elements. So where's the external force system?"

"It's all around you, host." replied the system.

Grim was confused by the ambiguous answer. So he observed his surrounding and uncovered his answer quickly.

He mumbled. "So I'll have to use the cold around me."

***

Grim sat down.

'Moonlight Storm'

A vortex appeared and started to suck in all the icy aura. He directed the aura to the third crystal instead of absorbing it, causing it to freeze slowly.

The entire crystal froze and crumbled a week later. Suddenly, he was assaulted by unbearable pain.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

He had only experienced physical pain till now. However, even his consciousness was implicated this time.

It felt as if his entire existence was slashed thousands of times, and dipped in a vat of soy sauce afterward.

He muttered weakly. "I didn't feel any pain last time my crystals were destroyed."

He heard a monotone voice. "That's because your body was instantly obliterated last time, severing the nerves."

"I see."

Thud!

Grim lost consciousness and fell.

[Evo points left: 9,984,750]

7