Such is the fate.
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thousand and thousand of birds flew in groups from the hot plains of faraway wei to western xia. Several birds flying in different groups covered the sky with their feathers. To the people of earth it looked like a big moving rainbow, extending from one end of horizon to other.

Thousand birds peaks, just like their names are a habitate of birds. All year round different kind of birds and any animal that can fly will come to these peaks to find shelter from the hot winds of Great wei plains. After spending some months in relatively cold summer of Western xia, as the bone chilling winter approaches, they will travel to back easternmost great Wei. Like this the two biggest states are bound by these boundless creatures.

Thousand birds peaks, the mounts, where resides the great and grand....Still waters sect.

Almost hundered years ago, The founding leaders of Western xia collectively set up this prestigious sect, for the sake of bringing peace to world. All the childrens of great nobles and princes, who had talent to cultivate, cultivated here. In last century it produced a large numbers of great talents. Even the current grandmaster of Still waters sect was a disciple of sect, back in days.

The grandmaster who set up the sect was a swordsman, so ultimately sect's nature inclined towards cultivating by using swords. But because the sect was to foster the eminent figures of future, all the other arts were to be taught as well. One must pass the exams to be able to graduate. There are no exceptions whatsoever.

Admiring the flying birds, the youth, who was dressed in outfit of inner sect disiple robes, turned towards the youth beside him. Seeing him attentively washing his sword in cold water of the snowfrost river barehandedly, he said lamentfully," Shidi, if you could just pay half of that attention and care, in literature and music lesson, then i would have not to worry, about you failing the exams for the third time."

Listening to this, the youth next to him said nothing, was still cleaning the sword, which was already glowing brightly. His hands had gone brigh red dew to long contact with cold water. The glistening surface of sword reflected the clean features of youth and his messily tied hairs. A clear contrast, making him seem very carefree and charming. The leftover baby fat of his face made him seem somewhat naive.

Seeing him not reacting, the other youth named Wei Jue shook his head again.

"You always take my words lightly, This shishong* is being considerate to you. Their are so many disciples in the sect who want to have guidance from me. Let me tell you when Fourth shishong failed the test, Shifu* even sent him to study from Shimei*. I am sure, if you are sent to study from her, you will be kicked out in two.........hey, hey i am talking to you!"

Wei Jue got up and chased after his shidi* who was practicing little moves in distance.

"Shishong, you should stop nagging already. You are only sixteen but talk like a sixty year old. I know, you are right. But what do i do........I ...Just can't learn those poems and songs." The fourteen year old youth said in a little spoiled manner. Then he started practicing again, paying no mind to the other.

"Come on, Let's practice a few moves." He said as he turned towards his shishong. His Green robes fluterred with the cold wind coming from river. His strong momentum started spreading, stating his confidence in his skills. His eyes were clearly reflecting his single mindedness, just like the mind of a youth who is worryfree from the complexities of the world.

"Why do you always run to bamboo forest? If shifu find you here....you will punished. If he hands you over to shimei......hey hey why are you attacking. when did i agree to sparr." he said but blocked the incoming sword otherwise. After all he is the 6th disciple of Grandmaster Wen daquan.

"Shishong, Talk less." Li ming said as he sparred with wei jue.

Of course he knows that he must pass exam this time. But when did he ever did the things he did not liked. As soon as he sits to study poems, he starts either dozing off or starts palying with books. He is not even the son of some great noble or something, he does not need to learn these old people's things. He just need to study for a little more time and then he will go back to do bussiness with his father. He came here just to repay the kindness of his shifu for accepting him as a disciple.

They both sparred among tall bamboo trees, moving from one to another in graceful manners, even more than a lady. Their fingers moved as if a noble lady playing qin, flowing smoothly with wind. Their green robes fluttered with wind, giving the two youthful figures a breathtaking beauty. This was exactly the "Graceful Sword Dance" Technique, which is exclusive to Still Waters Sect. It's main purpose is to develop a graceful and elegant bearing in the disciples. But it has many moves which are really hard to master and more hard to perform gracefully.

Some disciples even take five to four years learning this method. It can clearly bring out the inner demenor of the practitioner out and refine it. Among the two youths, Wei jue excludes the aura of a understanding person, as he stops every time when the sword is some distance away from the other but Li ming plays differently. Every time the sword touches the body of opponent, scaring others but as if the touch of a dragonfly on the water surface, It leaves without creating any ripple. The playful smile on the youths face clearly shows, his confidence and childish naiviety, which have yet to fade.

******

"Two days ago, Red leaves sect sent a messenger. They are very clear about the current situation of Feng hua country. The king is old and the crown prince is too gentle.....hmph..It would be better for him to be born as a princess. In near future our own country western xia and great wei are sure to meet on battlefield because of this thing. It's a pity for the beauty of feng hua country....those fiery red maple trees. Sigh~ Pity really pity." The man who seemed to be in his 40's said. He was dressed in Dark green robes, which was embroidered with golden threads. His slightly gray hairs were tied with a hair crown of golden color.

He was Wen daquan, the second and current grandmaster of Still waters sect. Altough he looks to be in his forties but in actual he might even be two hundered years old or maybe three hundered....anyway this was what had been spreading among folks.

Every sect has a grandmaster, his position is even above the sect leader. In fact the current sect master Still Waters sect is the eldest disciple of Wen daquan. A grandmaster chooses his own disciples and they have a great status in world. Currently their are only Two or three grandmasters in the world. Only Wen daquan have accepted most number of disciples.

"Western Xia and great wei, both have great military forces. Among the four states and other Tribe states, Feng hua has the most suitable climates, It's not weird for these two great countries to want to occupy it." A monotonus voice spoke form behind him.

Listening to this Wen Daquan got lost in thoughts. He continued walking along the edge of Snowfrost river anware that the one behind him have stopped following him.

That's right, The eastern most great Wei and the western Xia are both on equal standings, whoever gets their hands on Fenghua will be the biggest empire of the world and it's ruler the greatest emperor. In future, the collapse of royality of Fenghua will lead to war between these two great powers and world will see a war not seen for hundereds of years. He is Afraid the era of peace will come to an end soon.

Wen Daquan turned back to find that his favroite disciple, have stopped following him. She is standing by the edge of the river looking at something across the river. Even the matter of great war was said by her as if it had nothing to do with her, what catches her interest must be something great.

He went beside her and following her line of sight found his youngest (Li ming) and sixth (wei jue) disciple sparring. Both too lost in their figthing, not even noticing them. But he can clearly see the difference in the skills between them.

*****

Li ming felt the gaze of someone. By the other side of river Wen daqaun and soemone else were standing. The fast flow of river in Summer, makes it hard to cross it by the bamboo bridge lying across the river. Although it is not a problem for cultivators like them. Seeing that his shifu had no intention of crossing the river. He greeted them by the other side.

"Shifu!" His voice fading with the wild flow of river and cold wind, which never stops blowing.

" Disciple greets Shifu!!" Wei jue greeted extra loudly...from the fear of being scolded.

"Shifu....It's not me...really. Disciple told shidi to not run to bamboo forest but he does not listen to me. This time i really....."

"Stop." Wen Daquan said with a mild scolding tune. This sixth disciple is really a child no matter how much one sees but he in actual is the most understanding one. For the sake of distracting him he started this fuss.But Li ming have to be diciplined.

"Li ming" The deep voice resounded. Li ming already knew that there is going to be a important matter next.

"Here." He said as he lifted up his head. Then his gaze collided with the figure standing by his shifu's side, quitely. She had her face covered with a veil, embroidered with peony flowers.

All the female disicples who have yet to cultivate till a certain stage are to wear this veil. But this miss here, is wearing the sky blue colored robes which are not in line with the sect robes. Could she be an outsider.

Noticing his gaze wen daquan explained, "she is your shijie, Wang Daiyu."

"Oh~,..... shidi greets shijie." How would he know that the legendary 'shjie*' will be so young. For last one year he had heard so much about her that he subconsciously got irritated of her name.

Wang Daiyu, the only female disciple of grandmaster wen Daqaun. According to rules all the disciples of other masters in sect and outer disciples are to call the disciples of grandmaster's as Shishong or shijie. Since she was the only female disciple of Wen Daquan, She became the only 'shijie' of Still waters sect. Another thing was about her exceptional cultivation and music talent. His shifu seems to value her too.

He remembers a fellow disciple saying, "Shijie is a great beauty....Her every movement is full of elegance and grace. she is very talented....and what i like the most is the haughty yet aloof look in her gaze. Shishong you have not heard her play guqin, right. Otherwise you would not be here asking about her nature. Her music reflects her soul....Too pure to be stained by us. Dsciples dare not even look at her, afraid that our mudane eyes will pollute shijie's immortal soul."

Then Li ming immediatly made a run for it and never sat at the place, where she was mentioned. These guys definetly fell into beauty trap and are living in fantasies. It's better to stay away.

*****

The youth across the river stood proud and tall but the several emotions flashing in eyes were laid bare. The irritation flashing in his eyes and loosely bound hairs showed his childish nature well. Coupled with his excellent performance, made Daiyu glance at him once more.

"Be attentive. Don't forget sword art is for fighting..not for playing or showing off." Daiyu gave a rare advice. Her voice was still very monotonus. It is hard to distibguish it as a boy or girls voice. No emotion leaked out as if she does not have any. Even wei jue who is actually her shishong felt little in front of her. She is always like this too aloof and proud.

Li ming was shocked at first but hen he realised it was really so. He always played with sword but it's core use is not something so fun. It's a deadly weapon and can kill and save at the same time. Such a simple concept has been forgotten by him, in the moments of muddleness.

"Yes, Shidi thanks shijie for the lesson." He said as he bowed.

*****

After everyone parted Wen Daquan stood by the river watching as the ice cold water slapped the edges of river and flowed ahead. The bamboo leaves swayed with cold winds, the warmth of sun penetrated through the dense forest falling on the thinking figure.

"Sigh~ It seems that i will be the culprit for harming them. Such is the fate.....such is the fate."

*********************************************

*Shishong: Senior brother (disciple of same sect or master)

*Shimei : Junior sister.

* Shifu : Master (teacher)

*shjie : Senior sister ( Disciple of same sect or master )

A/N : The first chapter of my original work. how do you feel about it???? feel free to comment any critics....

0