Aftermath
208 7 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6/18

The next few days were a bonanza of endless hedonism and clean up as Nefaria’s timer counted down. The ops team knew their work by now, so I wasn’t really needed when it came to small scale stuff. Keeping Nefaria happily cum drunk was a worthy (and enjoyable) use of my time, but not something I could actually do for more than a few hours at a time. Maybe some people could have a 48 hour long orgy (especially with sexual calibration keeping them hale and hearty throughout) but not me. I needed to break it up with other activities, or at least other girls.

I did my best to stay productive, but I really needed to keep an eye on Neffie. On the one hand having an elder goddess focusing her baleful eye on the soul of my fallen rival served to cover my bases, but it probably wouldn’t have worked on me in the reverse situation. I didn’t know what defenses Nefaria might have picked up. She said she didn’t have many, but who the fuck knows if that’s the truth? I’m not paranoid. You’re paranoid.

In any event, near the end of day one I brought in both Azsharas. I had Vanessa copy over the same warped perspective I’d given ancient Azshara into modern Azshara and swapped her back to her old night elf body. As a result, the two were largely identical barring the proud declaration that one was my fuck toy.

Watching the two of them learn how to be maids at the instruction of Nanna was hilarious. They didn’t see Nefaria or Lividia as competition for my approval, and Nanna was hard coded as an idol to emulate, but they became bitter rivals towards one another almost immediately. The modern one showed equal deference towards both me and Nefaria, but was wearing an amulet loaded down with safeguards against rebellion.

https://imgur.com/a/s9KKt9Y

••••••••••

Sally was leading a team of warriors north towards Silvermoon. They didn’t have much in the way of mounts, and they were relying heavily on conjured food and water. Normally it would have probably been wiser to follow the road through Silverpine Forest instead of braving the mountains of Alterac. It would be a longer trek, but one with more friendly towns and further from the Scourge Stronghold of Caer Darrow. Unfortunately, if Gower was to be believed, Silverpine was already being filled with an even mix of undead and feral worgen. This route also had the advantage of a large elven population that Sally could poach with relative ease: the high elven population in Dalaran.

“Alright!” Tony suddenly appeared next to her, using his 1/day teleport from Holy Matrimony. “I think we have my end squared away; I’ve got your back from now on.”

“Oh?” Sally asked archly. “Finished with labor disputes? I’m glad you’re finally available to help while my nation burns.”

“Ahhh, don’t be like that.” Tony answered defensively, “I was there for the big fight, and I brought the ship and the troops! Leaving after that was Erich’s orders! I really didn’t have a choice.”

“Yes, yes. It all worked out in the end.” She sighed as they continued walking along the path. “So, what did you do?”

“The plan basically amounts to a huge loan coming from Nefarian to set the Stonemasons up.” Tony answered, “He’s already meeting with Onyxia’s body double to work it out. We’re also going to grab Varian and start passing out inscribed rings to capture people. Badges of honor or something. Silver ones for the nobility, iron ones for community leaders. All pompous and shit. It’ll take a few weeks to really get rolling, but once it does Stormwind should hopefully start stabilizing. More importantly, Onyxia and I can back you up here.”

Sally took Tony’s hand, and they chatted. Mostly about their plans, but also about the scenery and the weather. When they came across refugees, they stopped them and added them to the retinue with their new and brutally overpowered lure combined with a ritual circle. By the time they reached Lorderon, they would have quite the army.

••••••••••

6/19, 6/20

The biggest interruption to my idleness came when I was informed that Hakkar was uncapturable, in stark contrast to the modern Azshara. This was an aberration, and not a welcome one. If Nefaria still had some retinue members, that meant she could potentially pull a switcheroo on me. The only serious threat from her retinue that I knew of was N’Zoth, but he was a fairly serious loose end and who knew if something else was hiding in the wings. As far as Xal’atath could tell, her little brother was hiding out in the “Nefarian Wins'' timeline, which split off early enough that the dragon in question was still both a dragon and a male.

Of course, when we realized what happened it turned out to be more of a boon than a problem. My pocket plane was counterintuitively considered a timeline by Nefaria’s three stage boss fight perk. She lost control of anyone not in her current timeline, leaving them open to capture, but resumed control instantly when jumping from one world to another.

I very carefully ordered Nefaria to check her own app, and there she found her copy of Azshara. It all made quite a bit more sense, then. I’d chalked her affection towards Nefaria up to different memories and deference to the ancient one’s role as my fucktoy, but no. She just loved both me and Neffie equally and there was no conflict in our orders.

It was a risk to take Nefaria into my main world, but I felt bad about the road of corpses Nefaria had built to threaten me. Gadgetzan, Kul’Tiras, a large chunk of Nazjatar, and many other victims. In a way, I felt like by acquiring Nefaria I’d also acquired her debts. Pragmatically, they were also a handily available resource that would be put to good use whenever Sargeras decided to show his ugly mug. As such, when the timer was down to one hour, I brought my newest consort to Naxxramas. It was a company space, but it was also firmly in Azeroth. I did my due diligence and waited the last hour.

••••••••••

Onyxia was doing quite well for herself in Northrend. Ti’va was popular among the Kor’Kron; she was strong, beautiful, confident, wild, and frankly a bit slutty. She moved from Horde settlement to Horde settlement, doing whatever missions seemed manageable, sleeping with whoever seemed useful or interesting, capturing anyone she could convince to fall for her (or submit to her) in a few days, and leaving shortly afterwards. It wasn’t elegant, but it meant that she had a harem of a few dozen men and women ready to assist her in any way she asked, and more than a few children on the way.

Onyxia was fertilizing many eggs, and had found several mana rich ley lines where their hatching could be accelerated. Even better, they would be watched over by blue dragonspawn placed there for this very purpose. Lord Bismark had always found her suggestions to weaponize her offspring to be “sociopathic” but he certainly didn’t complain about her three year old whelp that he’d showered with power and prestige. Two weeks bathed in a high enough concentration of magic and her whelps would be born, already members of the retinue and largely skirting around the normal drawbacks of the process.

These whelps wouldn’t be particularly intelligent or powerful, nor would they be self starters, but they really didn’t need to be. They had a dozen perks ensuring that they would learn and grow unnaturally quickly, could each capture an elf every 16 days, and had a voice in the back of their heads advising them on what the Master would like them to do. They had been left nestled among the eggs of other blue dragons, so they were immediately drafted into the Nexus War, but they knew where their true loyalties lie. More importantly, with the Blue flight forcing magi to assist them with threats of mana deprivation it was very rare for one of Onyxia’s children to go two weeks without encountering an uncaptured elf.

It was all going fairly smoothly, considering the ongoing war with the Lich King. Ti’va and Aerith were well positioned as figureheads, constantly making more connections. That was good, because Onyxia had a new goal. It had been relayed to her during her daily check in, and she thought she could manage it. Much better than wandering randomly and mission hunting.

Amitus, The Peacekeeper

End all armed conflict on a world for 1 month without capturing more than 30% of the world’s population

Reward: Amitus, White Knight lure + sharing, Florence Nightingale lure + sharing

Mass capture was so overrated. It was perfectly possible to control the masses just by picking the right slave at the right time. Without a real binding she wasn’t sure if she even could capture 30% of Azeroth’s population if she wanted to: elves or no elves.

With this new goal in mind, Onyxia started looking into who she might set up as peacekeepers and bridge builders. Varok Saurfang had a son; he was handsome enough, quite strong, and in command of the Horde’s vanguard in Dragonblight. Some rumors even placed him as a potential future Warchief of the Horde. Saurfang the Younger would be an excellent tool if Ti’va could accelerate his ascension.

••••••••••

6/20

My victory went off quite smoothly. Nefaria did not, in fact, have any tricks to play on me. N’Zoth did dodge capture by hiding in the nightmare timeline, so I needed to handle that, but without company assets backing him up he wasn’t all that big a threat. The next thing on my to do list, yes, but not really going to keep me up at night.

I was actually a bit disappointed; Nefaria didn’t have anything hidden in her back pocket. Of her living retinue members very few were exciting. Azshara, a rather weak scarab beetle version of C’thun, and what appeared to be a generic Paladin purchased directly from the shop and transformed into an old god. Possibly a quest reward?

Neffie didn’t even know if Human Paladin had a name and she expressed virtually no individual personality beyond an affinity for the red dragon Emmastrasza. I decided that the two would work together. Human Paladin wasn’t very personable, generally just quietly waiting for orders, though she could easily slip under the radar. Overall, setting her up with a personable red dragon to do the talking seemed like a good idea.

Finally, I was vaguely disappointed with my actual rewards for beating Neffie and adding her to my retinue. 20 credits and the Shareware upgrade was certainly nice, but for fuck’s sake I felt cheated to discover that Nefaria had only managed to accumulate around 200 credits worth of assets. Probably my fault. I was salty anyway.

That said, shareware opened quite a few doors for me. I’d never gotten as much use out of Neuralizers as I would have liked, but now I could make any piece of jewelry into an orb of entrancement. It… wasn’t as big a deal as it once was.

I really was too powerful. I wasn’t going to complain exactly, but a few months in I was essentially a god, had multiple literal goddesses at my beck and call, and only knew of a handful of entities that had the faintest chance of being a threat to me anymore. It would go in my report for the test.

6/21

On the twenty first, I woke up in a pile of dragon aspects and found a notification for my quest tab. I apparently had a bonus quest. I was irrationally certain that the GMs had arranged for the Mists of Pandaria, Legion, Shadowlands, and Dragonflight expansions to all happen at the same time just to give me something to do. Or… I dunno, linked my world to some other test realm via the Dark Portal.

Nefarian had basically just been me but worse in the end. I didn’t really want to end up fighting some kind of psycho misandrist lesbian world conqueror. Or worse, a genuinely good person who saw me the way Vanessa once did.

With all those thoughts stewing in my head, I steeled myself and pressed the button.

Participate in the Midsummer Fire Festival! For each mission completed, gain one reward in order. Active through 7/5

Gather 100 Burning Blossoms. These seasonal flowers can be found growing in remote places across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms

Defeat Frost Lord Ahune

Honor the grand bonfires in 6 capital cities.

Find and ignite 24 lesser bonfires scattered across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms (see map)

Rewards: (edit, all tangible rewards can be saved and applied to any target of the Space Truckin perk)

  1. Reality Shift: Cause fire elementals to become sexually dimorphic; female fire elementals will take on feminine figures and loosely resemble bright orange female draenei, while female revenants will loosely resemble flame atronachs from Skyrim. They will be able to suppress their body heat down to the level where they are feverishly hot, but safe to touch.
  2. Brazier of the Flaming Fire: this Magical Brazier can be summoned by any member of the retinue at any time with your subconscious approval, though only one can exist at any given time. It can be used as a normal fire, providing heat and warmth equivalent to a small container campfire. Once per day, it can also be used to transform a willing person into a tier 4 fire elemental. This can be any form of fire elemental, but will default to the feminine ones described above by default.
  3. Amulets are upgraded to grant extreme resistance to fire, allowing total immolation resulting in minor redness and irritation of the skin.
  4. Crown of the Fire Festival: Whosoever wears this crown has the effects of any and all lures magnified by a factor of 10, but only in relation to fire elementals.

Yeah, I think I’m ok for at least a bit.

••••••••••

Alright so I promise that this is the last Lividia Skyrim poll. I generated art, and everyone gets just one vote.

https://imgur.com/a/K5O7BnV

So which one?

https://strawpoll.com/B2ZBEPk7dgJ

And a poll for who gets closure

https://strawpoll.com/3RnYl7Qapye

4