Chapter 12 – 5 Verbeau, Capital of Yorland (5)
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ark - Happy Halloween folks. Stay in and eat all the candies. Chapter below.

Adder agrees to hitch a ride with me to the nearby capital city, heart of Yorland. The rest of the girls are standing by in the airship so all I need to do is bring the ship over to Arcoul. I should give Adder a heads up to prevent scaring him

Becca 「 Hey, not to scare you or anything but I’m going to call my friends over with our transportation. 」

Adder 「 This metal beast isn’t your mount? 」

Becca 「 The trailer is more like our scout, in a way. My main party will be here in a flash so don’t let it surprise you or anything. 」

I cast space magic and drag the prototype airship through the void between the two worlds. Out of a crack in the air a splendid airship appears.

Out of the corner of my eyes I catch Adder’s face and he’s surprisingly fine, still showing an oafish easygoing smile. Maybe his mental fortitude is that high?

Scratch that, looks like he’s passed out.

Turns out he lost consciousness while standing, his expression stuck in a grin. It’s impressive that he could pass out in only a few seconds, but that shows how great of a shock he got.

Cheshyr 「 This reaction should be considered normal, you know? 」

The girls descend from the airship above, with Cheshyr accurately guessing my thoughts. I tilt my head to show my skepticism.

Brigid 「 I sympathize with the young man. Witnessing space magic which only a handful of mages can use, without a chant or any inscribed magic circles. On top of all that is brand new functioning airship. 」

Alice 「 It’s floating! 」

Cheshyr 「 Seriously, you created an airship just because you were bored? No one else would buy that but us. 」

Cheshyr and Brigid, being natives to this world, chime in with their thoughts of the airship. They are not so surprised as Adder was, while Alice is acting her age like an excited little girl.

Laura 「 Well it sounds simple enough in theory, but I bet no one else can so effortlessly do so. Taking a sea ship and making it a magic flying ship? How does one come to that idea? 」

Lina 「 Lucky for us the ship originally came with a kitchen and fridge. I’m just worried how we’ll recharge the electricity. 」

Laura 「 How else? Becca will probably take care of it with magic or something. 」

Envie 「 The ship still needs to be cleaned. Being a used ship, I hoped to clean it all over once but mistress took it out so suddenly. Miss Lina, will you assist me in cleaning? 」

Lina 「 Of course. We might have to shop for supplies on Earth. I also checked the fridge but it’s empty, so let’s also visit the grocery while we’re at it. 」

The sisters Laura and Lina from Earth are discussing with each other within earshot. Envie and Lina discuss housekeeping so naturally, being the maid and mother figures of our group.

I’ll put up a Gate in the ship so they can take care of the shopping and stuff on their own.

Maeve 「 Wow, never seen someone pass out while standing up. 」

Mu 「 … 」

Pip 「 Master Mu says, hey Maeve, what are you doing trying to tip him over? Cease at once. And Fu, don’t pee on him. Bad boy. 」

Maeve that troublemaker, I let up my vigilance and now she’s trying to tip over Adder like one would a cow. Pip the Golem relays Mu’s words as the slime lazes in his arms. I also didn’t notice but Fu the wolf pup is at Adder’s feet poised to shower him.

Fu has been on a streak of marking his property lately and Mu has been trying to house train him. It doesn’t help that Maeve goads Fu to pee in different public places and even my own bed.

When I found I burned up that mattress with fire magic and crushed the ashes with gravity magic into a mini black hole. Nothing was left and that engraved a valuable lesson deep into Fu’s shivering bones.

I bet I could give Fu a skill about potty training, make it an expert level skill and he could use the toilets on his own.

Becca 「 Maeve, stop trying to push Adder over. And no drawing doodles on his face. Wait, are you trying to stuff a bomb in his pants? How did you get that? 」

Even if I sealed Maeve’s psychic powers, she still manages to create trouble for me. There’s all kinds of stories to tell like when she bombed the sewage systems and set a plaque of rats on the streets.

Luckily Mu was able to rally the rats to his orders and lead them, all thanks to that time he ended up in the sewers. That slime is becoming a bigger mystery as time goes on.

I should also mention that one time Maeve managed to tweak my personal Gate that I was using to make snack runs. She made me end up in an iceberg on a different part of Earth. If someone other than me stepped into that Gate they would have been frozen to death.

Every time I want to reprimand Maeve she manages to escape or hide low until I get over it.

Maeve knows just which lines she can cross and which to hover over. I’m more worried if she tries to pull something and I’m not around to prevent it.

Becca 「 Envie, can you and Lina take Adder to a bed on the ship while Laura gets Sebastien to the bridge? 」

I urge the girls onto the ship and in the control room I switch on the magic engine consisting of a hundred Mana Reservoir rocks. The ship roars to life and begins ascending to the skies. Looking from the top deck I can see the capital in clear view.

A typical fantasy city, similar to Realight City, but on a larger scale. There are several large castle structures and towers. I can feel the history of this capital.

I harbor a silent wish that my party won’t end up destroying the city, considering how Alice is a little girl with explosive bubbles, Envie is a demoness, and Maeve is a ticking bomb.

On the other hand I also need to stay aware that no one goes picking fights with us. Even the weakest unassuming members like Pip is a slime, and Mu and Fu are a slime and wolf with transformation skills.

If the three cooperated properly, they could be a match for average guards and Keepers.

I really hope the capital can withstand our visit without crumbling apart.

2