Chapter 8 – 1 | The Hero of Wahlburg Part 1 (1)
268 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dunfer as his men willingly turn themselves in after seeing our display of power and being bested in a fair competition. All of them are docile as we wait for Keeper officials to arrest this Exile Guild, all except for Dunfer. So I breach his mental defenses with a psychic attack to put him to sleep, that will keep him sedated for days. Not sure when it will wear off but it should eventually, right?

All of the Abyss Star is moved away in chains except for a scraggily kid covered in bandages.

Me and the girls judged that the mimic should not be held responsible for it’s owner’s atrocities. I try to give it a name of Pup, short for puppet, but the girls object for some reason. Eventually we settle on the name Pip. Pip the mimic. I restored his arm and shoulder so he looks fine. It was simple as his body is made of stone.

We try to hold a discussion with Pip but it remains unresponsive. It’s not like we can leave it alone so we take it back to the RV with us and sit it back in a corner. After studying it, I can sense that it absorbs atmospheric mana to recharge its batteries so there’s no worry about feeding it or maintaining it.

The only problem is how to handle it now that it is ownerless. It doesn’t respond to anything we try to say, only repeating the phrase, “Please register new owner.” But none of us want to do that. Who knows, one day it might get a mind of its own, and I don’t want to order it around.

Suddenly Mu comes up riding Fu and stares in wonder at Pip. Pip stares back with lifeless eyes at the slime riding a wolf pup. Mu stretches a liquid filled tentacle at Pip and pats him on the head. Suddenly Pip’s eyes light up as it exclaims, “New owner recognized.”

Much to our astonishment, Mu has somehow registered as Pip’s new owner like that. Mu has upgraded from riding Fu to laying on Pip’s head while Fu rests in his clothes with his head popping out. The trio of non-talkers has increased.

It’s been a week since we left Frosthill. The cure was handed back to Ricken who got to work right away. Seeing the state of the ill, I used Restoration magic to cure the more sickly, if they ask, I’ll just say it was a miracle and not my doing. It was just a measure of safety in case the cure couldn’t be distributed in time.

Ricken expressed his gratitude and Gosler? He kind of avoided eye contact now that his secret is exposed. Who ever heard of a dwarf weak to alcohol? Will and Wendy were sad to see us leave after we cured them. We could have stayed longer but we had an appointment at the capital. I guess this event will also have some impact on my Keeper ranking.

Becca What’s the next stop we’re looking for?

Envie I believe it is the village of Wahlburg. Birthplace of the local hero Sir Formast.

Cheshyr I heard about Formast too. They say he singlehandedly led a small militia to repel an invading lord’s knight army. The people hold a festival in his name around this time of year.

Alice I’m tired of moving around. I want to watch TV!

Alice chimes in with the temptations of modern convenience.

Lina If we head back now I’ll have enough time before dinner to shop and prepare for a feast.

Laura Why not invite the girls from the bakery downstairs?

Becca Good idea. Let’s host a party tonight. Tomorrow, we can start afresh.

5