Chapter 8 – 4 | The Hero of Wahlburg Part 1 (4)
226 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Today is another fine day in another world on the continent of Yorland. The sun is shining bright, the girls are killing a large troll, and Pip is fanning Mu and Fu with a large leaf. What am I doing? Playing a game that released recently. It’s called Flame Symbol 4 Regions.

I try to drown out the noises while I woo and marry different girls. One target down, a few more to go and my monopoly will be complete.

In other news, it seems that the situation with the bakery girls is going well now that Julia is on our side. She met the girls and immediately became fast friends. She’s in talks about how to respond to the loan sharks. While everything is settled on Earth, I’ve been in Arcoul with my party traveling slowly to the town of Wahlburg. The girls get experienced killing wayward monsters while I accrue levels just by walking and sleeping.

The newest addition to our team, Pip, doesn’t need to grow in levels as his Mimicry skill just makes his stats equal to his opponent regardless of what level he is at. Actually, his master Mu should be fighting and gaining levels. Even Fu the wolf is participating in fights and growing by the day. He’s at the size of a Labrador but I gave him a copy of Mu’s Transformation skill, that way he can change back to his loveable puppy size whenever we want.

Out of all the girls hard at work, Cheshyr has grown the most. She’s jumped up by 20 levels and learned a few new skills. I pop open a soda can and marvel at how hard the girls work.

Lina Becca, shouldn’t you be helping them fight the monsters?

Becca What’s the point when I don’t need the experience? And what about you?

Lina I’m not good with blood and stuff, and I’m just the healer.

Becca I gave you a sidearm for protection, but you haven’t even practiced shooting with it. You know I can just craft a whole bunch of training bullets? Feel free to waste them.

Lina Well, it’s a little scary to shoot a gun.

I guess Lina isn’t the intuitive fighting type like her sister. I mean, even little Alice is a natural at using her skill. Then again, I don’t really need Lina to be on the front line in danger, so I suppose this works out?

A couple of random mob encounters and driving down the dirt road in our trailer, and soon Envie spots a small gathering of wooden huts. A modest village greets us with the sight of a wooden carving statue in the center.

Envie informs us that the statue is of the Hero of Wahlburg, Sir Formast. Because he led a militia of half a hundred people against a deranged lord with five hundred soldiers, he’s regarded as a hero figure.

He looks bigger than life and quite majestic. When we arrive at the village there is neither a guard nor any villager in sight. The farms are devoid of workers and no one is tending to the herds. It’s eerie seeing this.

I sense signs of life in some of the wooden huts and approach one. A man’s voice shouts out.

Whoever you are, you best get out of here! Quick, before the wyverns return!

Becca Wyverns?

This town isn’t safe! It’s the curse of the Lord Trisvern!

Becca Wyverns, and a curse?

Well, looks like I stepped into more trouble.

Becca Envie, who’s this Lord Trisvern?

Envie I believe that is the name of the wicked lord whom Sir Formast routed some years ago.

Becca What happened to the lord?

Envie He was beheaded and his family scattered. Legends state that Lord Trisvern’s ancestor once defeated a Wyvern and was awarded title and deed.

And now wyverns are a problem all of a sudden? I wonder why he called it the curse of Lord Trisvern?

Becca Stay calm, I’m with the Keeper Guild. Care to tell me what’s going on? I might be able to help.

First step is to gather information and decide where to go from there. But it looks like that won’t be easy.

Nuh-uh! No way man! I ain’t leaving! It’s not safe out there!

Kind of funny when I can look right and left and see cows peacefully grazing. Let’s bluff.

Becca Well if that’s how it is, I guess I better be going. Good luck with the Wyverns and not getting eaten. It’s a real shame but what can I do, you know?

I speak loud and clearly each word to get the man’s attention.

Wait! You can’t just leave us!

I mean, you’re the one who urged me to leave earlier.

You’re a Keeper right? Aren’t you supposed to protect us or something?!

Hook, line, and sinker.

I’m coming out, just stay right there.

6