Chapter 9 – 9 | The Hero of Wahlburg Part 2 (9)
202 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a Wyvern Empress who lords over the Wyvern Lords and all other Wyverns in existence, she has a more level head than her husband. I explained the situation wherein I was stuck protecting two sides’ interests, looking for a peaceful resolution.

It became a diplomatic discussion where she would stop the Wyverns and I would punish the village, and the two races could reach a compromise. Under the guise of a raging wife, the Wyvern Lord and son can only meekly look to each other and sigh in agreement.

It seems that in this conflict the real winner is the wife. But the son won’t back off without a fight.

Wyvern 「 Mother! These measly humans kept me in captivity and humiliated us! We must get our honor back and extinguish this village. 」

Wyvern Empress 「 Did I raise a son that talks back to their mother? Quiet down! 」

Wyvern Lord 「 Honey! Their deaths will be a reminder across the continent to never dare raise a hand against our kind. I’m sure the elders would agree with this decision. 」

The Wyvern Lord brings up something about the elders, I’m assuming they are in control of all the Wyverns?

Wyvern Empress 「 Since when did you speak for the elders? 」

Wyvern Lord 「 Am I wrong in assuming? 」

Wyvern Empress 「 ... 」

The empress is losing the ground in this argument. I could step in but I doubt they would take my word as a human seriously. In the end, is force the only way to settle disputes with zero bloodshed?

I guess I could try casting some hypnosis using my psychic powers, but what will I do once it wears off? Maybe I could use illusion magic and fool them into believing that the villagers died. But they might see through that with their high stats and perception.

While I think of what I can do the situation turns around drastically.

「 If you need the word of the Wyvern Elders then I’m more than happy to speak for them. 」

A voice speaks out from behind me so I swerve my head back and see a person who managed to sneak up on me. None of my senses or my Map function could catch them, its a first that I’m so surprised. The one who showed up suddenly is a sweet looking granny with wrinkles and withered gray hair neatly tied up.

More surprisingly, when I try to use Analysis all I see is a big message reading “ERROR”. I didn’t think it was possible for the skill I made to not register a target’s status. The only explanation for this is if she has some sort of skill jamming my analysis. Either that or her status is so incredibly high that my skill can’t compute it. I have the feeling that it’s not a skill blocking my analysis.

That is to say, whoever she is I shouldn’t mess around with her. She claims to have speaking power for the elders of the Wyvern race. Who is she?

Wyvern Lord 「 Honored Great One! This meager sapling greets thee. 」

The Wyvern Lord recognizes the old lady and bows down while speaking in some old dialect. If the previous appearance he showed his wife was a whipped dog, this time is like showing a subservient puppy, a far cry from his earlier attitude towards us.

Wyvern Empress 「 Great Grandmother! I had no idea you were coming. You should have contacted me earlier. I apologize that you had to see such a pathetic display. 」

The Wyvern Empress addresses the old lady as her great grandmother which must make her insanely ancient and powerful. Despite being that powerful, she doesn’t give off that sort of presence. Rather, she feels like a normal granny one would encounter down the street handing out cookies.

Old Lady 「 Think nothing of it little peach. I was in the vicinity when I noticed something of note going down. I should say that introductions are in order for our friends over here. 」

The old lady turns her attention to me and the girls. Her stare seems to pierce my very soul as all is laid bare. It’s like I can’t hope to hide anything because she can clearly see all. Her powers of observation surpass the realm of normal humans. I answer respectfully and cautiously.

Becca 「 I’m Becca Thorn. These girls are Cheshyr, Alice, Envie, Laura, Lina, and Brigid. May I ask who madam is? 」

Old Lady 「 This granny here has had many a name throughout the ages. Grand Elder, Great Leader of the Wyverns, Mother of Winged Beasts, Skylord. I suppose the most recent would be The God of Dragons. 」

The granny calmly claims to be the god of all dragons, which naturally includes Wyverns as a dragon sub-species. I suppose outside of seeing the Devil God Eon in my dreams, this is the first time I’m actually meeting a real god in the flesh.

5