Bandits, Adjutants, and Rusty Gear
1.4k 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

More Marriage Preparations

Mac sat in his office, once again looking over the reports on his desk. Luckily no sightings of inter-dimensional monsters, at least. Most of the reports were of the mundane variety, although he was concerned about some of the bandit activity in the south of the country. They had apparently been bolder lately with more and more caravans getting attacked. We'll need to do something about that soon.

A knock came at the door, and Marie entered, carrying a stack of papers, and dropping them off in two piles.

“What's this?” Mac asked curiously, grabbing the larger stack.

“Maid release requests. Several of them met suitors at your weddings and have requested to be released to their families in preparations for their own weddings. Fairly common occurrence after royal weddings, especially a large one like your and Melissandra's,” Marie explained, turning into her teacher mode for a moment.

“I mean, I don't see why we wouldn't, right?” Mac asked, setting them down in front of him.

Marie nodded, “Normally it's best to accept, unless we would be dangerously low on staff, and even then it would just be temporary until we find replacements. The only other reason would be if you had taken an interest in them yourself.”

“Well, no need to worry about that,” Mac said, starting to sign.

Marie looked over her glasses at him for a moment, “Well, you did marry one and are engaged to a second.”

Mac's hand stopped signing for a moment, before continuing, “I've got enough for now.”

“Of course, sire,” Marie replied, dropping into a more formal tone and pushing her glasses up.

After signing those, he grabbed the other stack, which actually only consisted of two papers. “What are these then?”

“Marriage offers. Not for you,” Marie added quickly, seeing Mac was about to object, “for your retainer, Captain La Hire.”

“Oh! Good for him, who's he...” he stopped as he read the name. Fiona, his own fiance Felicia's younger sister. “Well, that's interesting. I guess they must have met around the palace?”

Marie nodded, “I've seen them together several times. There's no money changing hands, so I assume he must have just been attracted to her.”

Mac smiled, “Glad to hear it. Will she still be working in the castle?”

“For now, at least. I imagine that might change in the future when they have kids. Same being with the second one,” she explained, pointing to the second paper.

This one was a more traditional marriage off for La Hire, with a lot of money going to him, in accepting the offer of marriage for Kelly, one of Kay's sisters. “This is...surprising. From remembering my own marriage offers, this is a lot isn't it?”

Marie nodded, “Yes. Not that a marriage to the Captain of the Royal Guard is anything to scoff at, but this is quite a bit even for that. They could buy a sizable house in town with that much.”

“Why would Lord Gascon offer that much? Is he hoping for even more leverage over the palace?” Mac asked, trying to think like a noble.

Marie shrugged, “I was actually stumped too. He already has Kay inside the private palace. Unless he thinks Kay is a compromised source? But then why would he not rescind the marriage offer if that was the case? Maybe he hopes for an inside source on the royal guard? I don't think Captain La Hire would let himself slip important info, but maybe Lord Gascon thinks he will?”

Mac's head hurt trying to mull all that over. “Maybe I can talk with Kay about it later.”

“I think that's a good idea. It might cause some trouble if we deny it, but it could be more if we accept and it causes issues later, of course.”

Marie took the other papers and left, leaving the marriage offers for La Hire. I got my own weddings to worry about! Mac sighed, shaking his head.

Felicia and Fiona were sitting in a room together, sewing some dresses, surrounded by most of their younger siblings, who were shouting and playing with various toys around them.

Felicia smirked, “Are you glad it's actually official now?”

Fiona nodded. “Yes, I'm glad he finally resolved to ask me.”

“Me too.”

The two rabbit-human sisters looked at the other sewing occupant, a cat-human girl in a maid outfit that matched Fiona's.

“Kelly...I don't mind you being here...but-”

“Nyahaha, don't mind me. I need to get used to being around them anyway,” she explained, petting the head of one of the young boys sitting nearby.

“I guess that's true...” Fiona conceded.

“Is something wrong? You can talk to your future sister about it!” Kelly said with a smile.

Fiona hesitated for a moment, before asking, “Are you after something? It's just...it's awfully convenient for you to show up with a huge marriage offer like that. Do you...actually like him at all?”

Kelly scrunched her face up in thought. “Hmm...well, I'll address the last question first. Which is to say, I think so?”

Fiona's eyes went wide, “You think so, but you're going to marry him?”

Kelly laughed, “Nyahaha, I'm the daughter of a lord's concubine, the fact I got to choose for myself is a win already. Besides, do you think he would treat me poorly?”

Fiona vigorously shook her head.

“Exactly. Maybe it's a bit of a bet, but I think it's one worth taking. As for your other question...let's just say that I'm helping my sister out.”

“Kay? Mac's fiance?”

Kelly nodded. “If your sister needed help, you'd help her out, wouldn't you?”

Fiona looked at Felicia, who gave her a smile. “Of course I would.”

Emma stood in front of the mirror in her room, in nothing but her undergarments, as she put up different dresses to see how she'd look in them.

I need to look my best! she thought to herself, preparing for her date tomorrow with Mac. While she had aggressively pursued a relationship with him, she couldn't help but constantly compare herself to Mac's other fiances and wives, despite Mac' insistence not too.

She shook her head to clear this familiar train of thought. I just need to prove my worth! She had been taking noblewoman lessons with Marie for over a month now, and felt confident she at least wouldn't embarrass herself. Despite Mac insisting she was pretty as-is, she had let her hair grow out a bit so it was now past her shoulders, and the tan she had was gone (although now her freckles stood out more), so she'd be ready for the wedding. Looking down at her breasts, she gave an audible sigh. I guess I can't do anything about that though... Luckily, Mac's assertions that her chest size didn't matter seemed to be honest truth and not just placation, considering some of the other fiance's he had taken (Kay and Charlotte, namely).

Mac had even told her he had a job in mind for her once she finished her lessons and their marriage, something she would be perfect for, so it's not like she would be dead weight around the palace.

Despite all that, she was still couldn't suppress the anxiety that she would be a burden.

Shaking her head again, she grabbed another dress and put it up to compare. One day at a time! Just win him over tomorrow, too!

Eleanor walked back to her room, a giddy smile on her face. She had just met with Tillie, who had confirmed that she was most likely with child.

Rhea was right! Although I'm still surprised she was able to tell so early...I need to tell everyone now. Well, Mac already knows since he was there, but I need to tell the others! And I'm sure Marie will be ecstatic! Oh, I need to tell Father too, although I don't want him running straight here, so maybe I'll wait a bit...

Eleanor look down and rubbed her stomach, thinking about the child growing within her. We need to think of a name too!

Melissandra looked at the woman in front of her. Well, technically a woman, although calling her just a 'woman' seemed almost rude to use for a spirit.

Rhea, who was leaning on her cup of tea, nodded at her. “I'm not surprised Mac married you, definitely a catch!”

Melissandra blushed a bit, “Well, I did pursue him quite heavily. I was just trying to get in with the King first, but once I realized the kind of person Mac was, I tried even harder.”

“Hehehe, nice job! I can tell he cares about you the way he talked about you. Oh, and this,” she said, flying over and knocking on Melissandra's stomach. “Yup, definitely a girl.”

Melissandra grabbed her stomach, eye's going wide, “You can tell?

“Yup! She's got a bit of growing to do, but she's doing just fine.”

Melissandra looked at her, an idea forming. “Can you...is it possible for you to make sure she's born healthy?”

Rhea shook her head, “Sorry, I'm the spirit of the forest, not of babies. Although...” she thought for a moment, before putting her hands together, a faint glow emanating from them, before a small orb wafted over to Melissandra and went into her stomach. “There.”

Melissandra looked confused, “Um...what did-”

“I gave it a blessing! The same one I give to trees when I plant them. I dunno if it will do anything, but I figure it's better than nothing.”

Melissandra smiled, “Well, at the very least, I can say my child's been blessed by a spirit...”

Charlotte was walking across the grass of the palace yard, heading towards the sound of metal being hammered. Book in hand, she had her finger saved at a certain page. Hopefully she doesn't mind...I really the need the part...

Charlotte, at her fiance's request (she blushed at the thought of having a fiance still) was working on one of her inventions, which he had dubbed the 'steam engine'. However, based on the diagram from his Otherworlder book, she needed a device called a 'piston' to continue.

As she approached, she found the source of the sounds: The royal smith Daisy, a dwarf woman Mac had hired after being impressed with her handiwork. When she got close, Daisy noticed her and stopped hammering the sword in her hand. Setting it in the quenching barrel, she waved her over, “Hey! Good to see you, Charlotte.”

Charlotte breathed a sigh of relief at the friendly reception. Dwarves weren't always known for their kindness, especially towards elves.

“Um...hello, I was hoping you-”

Daisy interrupted, “Yeah, Mac told me you were needing help with some contraption you were devising. Well, there's no one better ta help you with metal than a dwarf, eh?” she said and went to grab the book.

Charlotte launched her hands up and away from Daisy.

Daisy looked at her, eyes shifting side to side. “Um...”

Charlotte blushed, “Sorry...your hands...I didn't want the book to get dirty.”

Daisy looked down at her hands and then laughed, “Haha, sorry, bad habit. Here, come in while I wash up,” she said motioning to her hut.

Charlotte followed her in, stopping to look at the crafting table where Daisy had several different rings and other metal contraptions in various states of creation.

Daisy walked over to a washtub, dipped her arms in and rubbed, and then stuck her whole head in, before grabbing a towel and drying off.

Charlotte looked over as Daisy wrapped the towel around her shoulders. “Um...do you think you could make this?” she asked, sliding the book onto the table and pointing to the piston.

Daisy brushed here wet bangs back and looked at the diagram, scratching her head. “You want me to forge this whole thing?”

“No, just this part,” Charlotte said, pointing to the piston again. “I already made the rest of it.”

“You...you already made the rest of it? That's impressive,” Daisy said, looking at the design, obviously confused.

“Yes. Well, it's not exactly the same, I used a stove and some pipes, plus some containers for the water.”

Daisy looked over at Charlotte, then back at the diagram. “Well, no promises, but I'll give it a shot. Looks simple enough...”

Charlotte smiled, and gave a deep bow, “Thank you! Thank you!” Finally, I can make some progress!

Emma's New Job

Mac knocked on Emma's door. Despite his partners saying he didn't need to, he had had a few bad experiences with not knocking.

“Come in!” he heard from inside. Mac opened the door and went through. Inside, Emma was standing in front of the mirror, examining herself.

Turning to him, she gave a smile and asked, “What do you think?”

Mac smiled back, “Very pretty. That's one I picked out right?” Mac asked, remembering the tan slip-dress from one of their earlier dates in town.

“Yup!” she responded, jumping up and wrapping her arms around him, so he was able to see down it.

“I'm glad you wore a bra this time,” Mac observed, before giving her a kiss.

“Haha, well, I don't want you getting jealous,” she responded, poking him in the cheek.

“It's less jealous and more...well, whatever, let's get going.”

Emma giggled and grabbed his hand, leading him out the door.

Down in town, Mac and Emma went to their favorite cafe date spot.

“Are there any other cafe's in town? Not that I don't like this one, but we only go to this one,” Mac asked.

“Yes, but this one's close to the palace-side gate, so it's convenient. Plus, the tea is good,” she explained, taking a sip of said tea for good measure.

As Mac watched her, he smiled as he could tell the practice she had been putting in had paid off, she definitely looked and acted like a proper noblewoman.

Emma blushed, “What? Why are you smiling like that?”

“I can't smile at my fiance? I was just thinking that you look like a proper noblewoman with that look and posture. I'm still getting used to no-tan Emma though...”

“Haha, well, I can do some sunbathing to get it back afterwards, if you're that insistent,” she replied, sticking out her tongue.

“Well, that's not something a noblewoman would do...”

They sat in silence for a couple minutes, enjoying their tea. Eventually, Emma squirmed a bit.

“What's wrong? I can tell you wanna say something.”

Emma frowned at the table. “Do you....are you definitely sure you want to marry me?”

“Our wedding is in a few days! You're having second thoughts now!?” Mac asked, incredulous.

Emma looked farther down. “I just...I don't know if I deserve this.”

Mac grabbed her hands off her teacup. “Look, Emma...”

Emma rolled her eyes up to look at him.

“I...I love you, alright? Deserving has nothing to do with it. Please don't be so down on yourself. I know you worked hard with Marie so you could act proper at our wedding, and I really appreciate all the effort you put in.”

Emma seemed stunned, unsure how to respond. After a couple moments, she started to tear up, rubbing her eyes.

Mac stood up and walked over, putting his arms around her, so she could cry into his shoulder, not caring that they were getting furtive looks from some of the nearby tables.

“Mac, I'm sorry...”

“You don't need to be sorry. Just talk to me if you're worried about something. We're going to be husband and wife, right?”

Emma wiped her tears away and smiled, “Right!”

After that, they left the cafe (to escape the stares coming from the other customers) and walked into the forest nearby to the palace. Finding a quiet clearing, they sat down together.

“Oh...I love you too!” Emma said, leaning over and giving him a kiss. “Well, I think I did for a while, but since we're saying it...”

Mac smiled, “I just wanted to make sure you understood my feelings for you.”

Emma wrapped her arms around him tightly, causing them to fall over into the grass.

“I'm not gonna run away from you! Well, I might have to leave occasionally for work...”

“I'm coming with you next time!” Emma asserted.

“Actually...well, I guess it's fine to say it now, since the wedding's almost here, and you completed your lessons...”

Emma raised an eyebrow at him.

“The 'job' I had told you about-”

Emma lit up, “Oh yeah! You're gonna tell me now!?”

Mac nodded, “Yeah...I want to put you in charge of Ositania's agriculture, since you're already familiar with farming and crops.”

Emma seemed confused, “What do you mean? Like go around making sure everyone harvests correctly?”

“I guess that's technically part of it, but a bit more extensive than just that. Monitor harvests, make sure food is being distributed well. Make sure no one is...gouging prices...

Emma gave an angry look, remembering some of her families prior problems.

“...Basically, the goal is to make sure no one is starving to death, at the least. Although it would be nicer if we could do even better that that.”

Emma slapped her palm with a fist, “Of course! I can definitely do that! But won't that mean I need to travel a lot?”

“Well, yes, but didn't you want to see the world? Well, it won't be the world, but you'll at least get to see the kingdom.”

“I do...but I don't want to be separated from you all the time!”

Mac gave her a kiss, “I can go with you sometimes. Besides, I want to see more of the kingdom too.”

Emma smiled, “Okay. Leave it to me then!”

After spending some quality time together, they were returning to the palace when they were stopped in the front yard.

“Oi! Mac! I got summit for ya.”

Mac looked over to see Daisy walking over to them, pulling a horse-cart by herself. As she pulled up next to them, Mac looked down into the cart. “What...is that?”

Daisy shrugged, “I dunno either, but I was able to finally cut through it's blasted hide with my orichalum knife. Bent three steels ones before I gave up and had to dig it out,” she explained, pulling out a large knife with a metallic orange hue.

“Oh! Thanks, I wasn't sure what to do with the creature after they sent it home with me...”

“I had the guards burn the rest of it. The meat looked...black and oozy. Smelled pretty horrible too.”

“Yeah I wouldn't want to eat anything from that...” he felt the pelt in the wagon. Despite the shimmery prism look, it still felt like regular fur. “I'm not sure what to do with it though.”

“Hmm...” said Emma, who was also feeling the fur. “Do you have an orichalum needle Daisy?”

Daisy gave her a wide grin, “No, but I can make ya one!”

Mac was shooed away as the two schemed something, so he continued on to the dining room for dinner. Inside, Melissandra was eating by herself.

Smiling as he walked in, she asked, “How was your date with Emma?”

Mac walked over and gave her a kiss. “Good. She's off plotting something with Daisy now.”

Melissandra giggled, “I'm sure it will be interesting, whatever it is. I'm surprised though, Daisy was working with Charlotte.”

“Yeah, I figured they would get along.”

Melissandra crossed her arms. “Speaking of which...I can't get her to commit to scheduling any time with you.”

Mac shrugged, “She's pretty shy, I'm not surprised.”

“That's not good though! She can't just neglect you and-”

Mac held up his hand, “I know, I know. Just...schedule her anyway and I'll go spend time with her. I'll just hang out in her workshop if that's all she wants to do.”

Melissandra nodded. “Okay...I'm trusting you to make it work then.” She went back to her meal, before stopping herself, looking angrily at her plate.

Mac sat down and signaled the maid on duty to bring him food as well. “What's wrong?”

Melissandra blushed a bit, “I've been...eating a lot. I can't help myself.”

“I mean, isn't that normal when you're pregnant? You've got to eat for two...”

Melissandra shook her head, “I know, but I can't get...” she stopped, looking at Mac, then looking back at her food.

Mac closed his eyes. Is she worried about...gaining weight? “Just eat if you're hungry. We can ...burn it off later,” he added, doing his best imitation of a seductive smile.

Melissandra blushed and nodded, going back to her food.

As they ate, Felicia came into the room. Instead of sitting down, she hugged Mac from behind, pressing her chest against his neck, giving him a kiss on the cheek. “I just finished the latest round of dress orders.”

Mac kissed her back, “That's good...I wonder if we'll be getting more soon?”

Felicia giggled, “Of course! I'm sure Emma's wedding will have them rolling in again.” Sitting down with them, she added “Fiona's almost finished with her wedding dress, too.”

“That's good. I was...pretty surprised to hear about her and La Hire.”

Felicia nodded as she pulled Mac's plate over to herself. “I was too, but I guess he was just infatuated with her at first sight. Must run in our family...” she trailed off, before smirking at Mac.

Mac blushed a bit, before coughing. “Well, what do you think about Kelly?”

Felicia forked a hunk of meat into her mouth, looking up and thinking. Swallowing, she replied, “Well, I think she's fine. Just a bit...convenient.”

“Convenient?” Mac asked, pulling the plate back and shoveling some meat into his own mouth.

Felicia nodded, grabbing some bread off the plate. “I guess Fiona and La Hire were worried about affording a house big enough for all my siblings, but then she shows up with a bunch of money....”

Hmm, that does sound convenient.

As he was mulling it over, the door opened again, and this time Kay came in.

“Just who I was looking for...” Mac asked, as Kay sat next to him.

“Oh, you wanted to see me?” she asked, leaning over and rubbing her cheek on his.

“Yes...we were wondering if you knew why Kelly was marrying La Hire.”

“I told her to,” she said, before sliding Mac's plate and taking a bite of a roll off it.

Felicia raised an eyebrow, “You told her too?”

“Yes. Well, not specifically him, that was her decision, I just told her she should marry someone in the capital,” she explained, before stuffing the rest of the roll in her mouth.

“Was there...”

Kay held up her hand as she finished chewing the roll. After swallowing, she continued “I wanted her help. A Queen has access to a lot of information, but there's also places I can't go as Queen. That's where she comes in.”

Mac raised an eyebrow, “Are you building a spy network?”

“Nyahaha, I don't know if you'd call us spies,” Kay emphasized. “But you need to have someone keeping tabs on things, right?”

“Yeah that's definitely true...” Mac said, leaning back in his chair. It'd be nice if we could preempt issues before they arise...

Kay grabbed another roll and leapt up. “Oh, I actually have something I wanted to talk to Kelly about, now that you reminded me. Bye!” she said, giving Mac a kiss then running out the door.

Felicia stood up as well. “I better go see how Fiona is doing,” she explained, before also giving Mac a kiss and walking out.

Mac looked at Melissandra, who had been methodically eating the whole time. Her plate was clean, and she was eyeing Mac's, which still had a few scraps left. He pushed it over to her, causing her to blush. She went to eat it, but instead stopped and stood up. Walking over, she wordlessly dragged Mac out.

As they arrived in Melissandra's room, she quickly took her dress of, revealing her blue undergarments.

Mac took off his clothes as well, revealing his already erect shaft.

Melissandra blushed as she took off her undergarments, “Well, you certainly don't seem to mind...”

Mac went over and wrapped his arms around her from behind. “You don't even look any different. Well, maybe showing a little bit...” he said, rubbing her barely perceptible bump. It was only noticeable when her clothes were off.

Melissandra turned her head around and started making out with him. Mac reach around and started massaging her breasts.

After a while, they moved to the bed, Melissandra laying down and inviting him in. As Mac entered her, Melissandra let out a loud moan.

Mac stopped, “Umm...are you okay?”

Melissandra covered her mouth. “I'm sorry...it just felt...even better than normal.”

Mac raised an eyebrow, “Really? You don't need too...”

“No, I'm serious, keep going!” Melissandra said, grabbing Mac's hand and putting it on her breast.

Mac, always willing to oblige his wife, slowly went in and out as he twirled her breasts. Melissandra was moaning even louder than normal, causing Mac to excitedly thrust quicker and quicker.

As he increased in speed, he felt himself coming below. With one last big thrust, he released into Melissandra, who was completely red in the face at this point.

Mac fell over on the bed next to her, and Melissandra embraced him. “I love you so much.”

Mac hugged her back. “I love you too.”

At this, Melissandra started crying.

“Are you okay?” Mac said, trying to wipe her tears.

Melissandra nodded, “I'm just...I love you so much....”

Mac smiled, “I know, you told me,” and gave her a kiss. Mac held onto her tight as she snuggled into him.

“Sorry, I...” Melissandra said, as she stopped crying.

“No, you're fine, I'm here for you...” Mac said, brushing the hair out of her face.

“I'm just worried something will happen to you.”

Mac grimaced a bit. “I'll be fine,” he tried to reassure her.

Melissandra closed her eyes. “Don't go fighting any more weird creatures.”

“Believe me, I don't plan too...” he trailed off. Melissandra seemed to be falling asleep, so he carefully slid the covers over them and gently laid next to her.

I'll be careful, if only so I don't make you worry.

A Date with Charlotte

A few days later, Mac sat in his room, leaning back on his chair, contemplating his near future. His biggest worry at the moment was making sure he didn't forget about anyone.

Well, I'm glad things are moving fine with Emma, hopefully the wedding goes well. I'll need to see if Kay knows when her father will have our wedding. Felicia will probably let me know when she's ready. And Charlotte...well, I'll worry about that later.

His fiance Charlotte was still a bit awkward around him, but he thought she was warming up to him a bit. He had another 'date' with her this afternoon, although he was wondering if he would just be spending the whole time in her workshop again. Not that he would be upset with that, he enjoyed seeing Charlotte in her natural habitat.

Mel and Elly should be good. I still need to make the dagger for Daisy. That just leaves, Rhea? I haven't seen her in a couple days...

As if on command, a purple streak flew through the window. Rhea stopped in front of his face, fluttering her eyes, “Were you thinking of little old Rhea?”

Mac smiled, petting her head with his finger, “Yes, just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

It was hard to tell on her purple skin, but it looks like she might have been blushing. “Of course! I've been exploring around. You have a nice forest near the palace, no meanies camping out and robbing people.”

“Yeah, the guard does a good job of keeping the area around the capital devoid of bandits.” If only we could do the same for the rest of the countryside.

Rhea nodded, “Good, good. I've also been having slumber parties with your wives and fiances.”

Mac crooked his head down, “Are you bothering them too much?”

“No! No! I swear!” Rhea protested. “They enjoy having me there! Well, they don't send me away, at least...”

“Well, that's fine then...” Mac conceded.

“Besides, I think they are a bit lonely without you sometimes...” Rhea said, tapping her chin thoughtfully.

Mac felt a twinge of guilt. “Well, there isn't six of me unfortunately.”

“Yeah, that's where I come in! I make sure nobodies lonely!”

Actually...that's a good idea. “Can you help them out if they're feeling down? I don't want one of them suffering if I can do something about it.”

Rhea gave him a salute. “Aye! Aye! Oh, I do have one request though.”

Mac raised an eyebrow, “What's that?”

“You gotta spend time with me too! Otherwise I'll get lonely...” she answered, hugging his cheek.

“Of course! I mean, it's not like I don't want to spend time with you, too,” Mac smiled at her, rubbing her back in an effort to simulate a hug.

“Good, good!” Rhea said, giving him a peck on the cheek (Mac assumed it was meant to be a kiss and not just her smashing her face on him).

Mac held out his hand for Rhea to curl up in. “Well, are you doing okay?”

Rhea nodded as she sat down and leaned against his fingers. “It's been very exciting spending time with you all. I'm curious to see where things go.”

Mac smiled, “I'm glad to hear you say that. I'm not sure how I'd feel if we had upset a spirit...”

“Hehehe, well, you don't need to worry about that,” she said, hugging his fingers.

“You're being oddly affectionate today.”

“I'm just making the most of my time with you,” Rhea explained, now rubbing her cheeks on Mac's fingers. “Besides, you're very warm.”

Well, I guess even spirits can get cold...

Later, Mac went to Charlotte's room for their date.

Knocking on the door, he heard some shuffling inside, before Melissandra and Eleanor came out.

“Uhhh...”

They smiled at him. “We were just getting Charlotte ready, you can go in,” Mel explained, before they left down the hall.

Mac shrugged, and went inside. Standing by her bed was Charlotte, in a yellow dress, with her hair slightly curled at the ends. She was blushing heavily as Mac came in. “You look nice. Did they help you with your makeup?”

Charlotte nodded. “Um...do you want to go into town?” she asked.

“Sure. Is there anywhere specific you want to go?”

Charlotte looked like she was thinking, “I forget where they said.”

Mac facepalmed, I guess this was their idea then. “Well, there's a nice cafe. Or we could go clothing shopping. Or...well, really whatever you want.”

Charlotte's face lit up, “Oh, the clothing shop sounds nice, I wanted to get a gift for Daisy as thanks.”

Mac nodded, and went to grab her hand. I meant for yourself, but that's fine too.

Luckily, Charlotte didn't seem to get too nervous about holding hands, but she kept her head down as they walked through and out of the palace.

Trying to ease the tension, Mac asked “How is the steam engine coming? Did you get the piston made?”

Charlotte looked up at him and nodded. “Yes. It looks right but...I can't seem to get it connected properly. It feels like it's missing something...”

Hmm...I was sure that would be what's needed. “I could come take a look sometime, although I don't know how much help I'll be. Did you try showing Daisy? Maybe if she sees what you're trying to accomplish she might be able to help.”

Charlotte nodded, before seeming to go deep in thought.

Mac decided to let her noodle it over as they walked. Eventually, they got to the clothing store he had previously visited with Emma.

As they entered, the butler from last time greeted them. “Good afternoon, sir, madame,” he said with a bow.

Mac thought he may have given him a suspicious look, but it quickly went away.

“Are you looking for something specific? Or just browsing?” the butler asked, addressing Charlotte.

“I'd like to get a hairband for my friend.”

The butler smiled, “Of course, right this away...”

He showed her to a stand of different hair ornaments.

As Charlotte was perusing, Mac looked around. He noticed in the corner was a display with several zipper-dresses being shown off. I guess the stores would want to have some in stock too.

After a couple minutes, Charlotte came over to Mac. “Do you think she'll like this?” she said, holding out a reddish-orange hairband. It seemed to be made of metal.

Mac nodded, “I think so. It reminds me of her forge. Is that what you were going for?”

Charlotte smiled and nodded. “I hope she likes it. When her hair gets sweaty it can get in her eyes, so I figured she could use one.”

Mac smiled at the thoughtfulness. “Well, since we're here, is there anything you want, too?”

Charlotte nodded. “I wanted something that would be more comfortable to wear around the workshop. Sometimes my dress gets in the way.”

Mac thought for a moment. She could use a tracksuit...but I don't think they make polyester in this world, although maybe we could get something similar? That's probably more long term though...

As he was thinking, Charlotte was looking through clothes. As she browsed, she became more and more gloomy, as she didn't seem to be finding what she was looking for.

Well, this is a higher end shop. He pulled Charlotte aside, “Hey, let's try a different shop. Just because they don't have it here doesn't mean they wont have something elsewhere.”

Charlotte nodded, and let Mac lead her out of the shop by hand.

Remembering where he had seen one previously, he stopped them at a more general purpose clothing store geared towards commoners. This one didn't have a butler, just a middle-aged lady who was already helping a different customer. She waved at them as they entered before continuing with the other customer.

Charlotte instantly saw some clothes she was interested in, so Mac sat down by the dressing rooms as she quickly collected a small stack.

As she walked over, she blushed while stopping next to him. “Um....do you want to see me in them?”

“I mean, you don't have too, I just thought-”

Charlotte shook her head, “No that's fine, I don't mind.”

Mac waited patiently as Charlotte rustled around behind him.

After a couple minutes, she stuck her head out. “...I don't know about this.”

Mac stuck his head through to see. She was wearing what looked to be a tank top, which he was pretty sure was meant to be used as an undershirt, and some short shorts that looked similar to several pairs Emma had. “I don't know if it's what you were going for, but you look pretty good in that.”

Charlotte, who was already blushing, blushed even deeper red. “I...just wanted something....comfy....”

“Well, is it?”

Charlotte nodded.

Mac smiled. “Then you should get it,” he suggested, before sitting back down.

Charlotte then tried on a few more outfits, which mostly amounted to casual-wear for commoners. I guess that's kind of the point.

Since this was a commoner shop, after paying for them, they had to take the clothes themselves. Luckily, even getting a few sets, Mac was able to hold them all just fine.

“Thanks for carrying them,” Charlotte said.

“Of course. I'd feel a little weird making you carry all of them, especially since this was my idea in the first place.”

As they walked in silence back to the palace, Mac felt good about the progress they had made. I think she's a little more comfortable, at least. Mac looked over at her, and noticed she had been looking at him, as her eyes quickly averted away from him and back to the path in front of her. Well, comfortable enough to stare at me.

Once back to the palace, they diverted over to Daisy's forge. As they got closer, the clinking of metal leading them in, they could see she was hammering out a breast plate.

“Umm...” Charlotte said, holding out the hairband, “I got this for you.”

Daisy grinned, grabbing the hairband and immediately putting it on. “Haha, thanks! I was thinking I might need to get it cut, but this works just as well,” she replied, and gave Charlotte a hug.

They left Daisy to her work (now able to see much better) and headed back to Charlotte's room. As they got in front of the door, Charlotte quickly reached up and gave Mac a kiss, before grabbing the clothes and sliding in.

I guess comfortable enough to kiss as well.

Charlotte stood inside her room, back against the door, feeling the heat radiate off her face, and her heart beating through her chest. He didn't mind, right? I was so nervous I ran in right away. Charlotte had decided to try and make the most of today's date to get closer to Mac, but the kiss had been a spur of the moment decision.

Piling up her new clothes on her bed, she took one of the pairs Mac had complimented earlier and put them back on. Looking at herself in the mirror, she was unable to hold back a smile as she remembered his words. Maybe I'll wear these next time...

Wedding Day - Emma

Mac woke up the day of the wedding, and readied himself as he had done the last couple times. Weird to think I've gotten used to having weddings at this point... After dressing in his regalia again, he was eating the small breakfast that had been brought, when a knock came at the door.

Marie came in, wearing her fiery-red dress, and holding a cape.

“What...” Mac asked, as Marie held it up in front of him. He could instantly tell it was made from the pelt of the beast he had killed, as the shimmer it gave off was unmistakable.

“Your soon-to-be wife made this for you, with a bit of help from Felicia and Bella. She was hoping you would wear it at the wedding, and I agree, it's quite stunning. We should probably replace your normal cape with this one permanently. This one screams 'royalty',” she explained, tying it onto Mac.

“Yeah, I can't argue with that...” he replied, as he looked at himself in the mirror. This feels kind of showy, but I guess this is a royal wedding we're talking about.

Marie nodded, “Good, you look more like a King every day,” she explained with a smile, before beckoning him to follow her.

As they entered the great hall used for the wedding, Mac could feel the gazes upon him. Well, probably his cape, but it was hard to tell exactly.

Reaching the platform, Mac looked out at the crowd. In the front row on one side, was his wives and fiances, smiling up at him. On the other, Mac could see a dozen or so guests with varying tans (a few with small children) that he assumed were members of Emma's family.

As he was gazing, the door opened, and La Hire and Emilia (Emma's mom) walked down the aisle. Emma had been unsure of who to choose for her maid-of-honor, not wanting to offend any of his other partners, but when Mac had suggested her Mom, Emma immediately jumped on it.

For his part, Mac still didn't really have anyone besides La Hire to ask, and La Hire seemed not to mind it at this point.

As they reached the platform, Emilia giggled as she gave a small bow to Mac, and La Hire followed suit (minus the giggle). Then the music changed, and the door opened again.

Emma, being walked by her father, entered the hall. She was wearing a close-fitting white dress, with the skirt only going down to the top of her knees. Definitely not a traditional wedding dress, but she sure does look good in it.

As they arrived, Emma gave her father a hug before stepping up to the platform, giving Mac a huge grin as she stood next to her mother.

“You look good in that,” Mac whispered to her about her dress design.

“You told me to play to my strengths,” she whispered back.

That I did.

Marie recited the now-familiar ceremony dialogue as Mac and Emma stared at each other, smiles on their faces. Hopefully she doesn't have any doubt about this now.

As they got to the ring-exchanges, Mac took the green-stone ring from La Hire and placed it on her fingers, eliciting some audible gasps from Emma's family. Oh yeah, they haven't seen this yet. Kay had told him it had become common amongst the nobles now, with some wives demanding their husbands get them rings even if they had been married for years.

As Mac held out his hand to Emma, she instead grabbed his right hand and put it on his ring-finger of that hand, giggling at Mac's momentary confusion.

Emma then leaned up and planted a wholesome kiss on his lips. Mac had actually expected her to try and make out with him, given her normal predisposition, but apparently the etiquette lessons had taken hold.

They held hands and walked to the front of the platform. Marie, as with the others, came over and placed a crown upon Emma's head. “I present to you, King Mac and Queen Emma of Ositania.” This garnered an even louder than before gasps from her family. Did she not...mention the whole Queen part to them?

The music then started and they wrapped arms and walked down the aisle to the applause of the crowd.

After exiting the chamber, Emma let out a big sigh of relief. “Phew, that wasn't too bad I guess. The next part is the hardest.”

Mac nodded, “Don't worry, we'll be fine. By the way...” Mac paused, “...did you not tell your family about the whole, you know, royalty thing?”

Emma giggled, “Mom and Dad knew, but I figured I'd give the rest a good surprise.”

“Yeah they seemed a bit...shocked.”

As they grabbed hands and walked, Emma asked, “Do you like your cape?”

“Oh, sorry, I was gonna thank you but I think I forgot when I saw how good you looked in that dress.”

Emma giggled, “Haha, sure, sure.”

“I'm being serious though...”

As they ate, Mac continued his habit at weddings, and listened in on the conversations of those around him. On one side, Emma was talking with Melissandra.

“You definitely pulled off that dress well, Emma,” Melissandra confirmed.

Emma smiled, “Thanks for helping me put it together.”

On the other, Eleanor was chatting with Felicia and Kay.

“Do you have your rings finished yet?” Eleanor asked.

Felicia nodded, “Yeah, I got mine fitted a while ago.”

“Hmmm, I worked with Daisy but she hasn't gotten a chance to make it yet,” Kay responded, throwing a glare at Mac.

Sorry, Daisy's been busy lately though!

Looking over at Daisy, she was whispering with Charlotte at the far end of the table, the two seemed to be in some sort of deep discussion. Marie wasn't participating, but did seem to be listening to what they were saying, a look of exasperation on her face.

Rhea was sitting down on the main table, chowing down on a roll.

After dinner, Emma grabbed Mac, and they began their walk around. First, they stopped by her family.

Ernest slapped on him the back, hard enough to cause him to cough. “My boy, that was the finest wedding I've ever seen.”

Emilia gave Emma a hug, “You look so lovely.”

“Ma...” Emma responded, hugging her back.

“Emma, why didn't you say you were becoming a Queen!?” one of her sisters said.

“Haha, sorry Elizabeth. I just wanted to surprise you.”

Her two younger brothers pulled on Mac's robe.

“Hey, hey, you gonna come play Rocks with us again sometime?”

“Yeah, we get tired just playing against each other!”

Mac smiled, “Sure, I'll try and get out there again sometime. I want more of Emilia's home cooking too.”

Emilia smiled, “Silly, you can call me 'Ma' now too.”

After being introduced to her whole family, Mac and Emma took their leave and continued walking.

Next, they were stopped by a familiar face.

“Lord Arpitan,” Mac said, giving him a smile. “How goes your estate?”

“Excellent, sire. And might I add, that is an elegant cape. Where did you acquire it?”

Mac smiled, “Actually, my wife here sewed it for me.”

Mac noticed an almost imperceptible twinge in his face, before Lord Arpitan turned to Emma. “Excellent work, my dame.”

Emma smiled and gave an small bow, “I appreciate the compliment, Lord Arpitan.”

This time, Lord Arpitan paused for a second at the reply, before continuing. “Well, I must be on my way, I've taken a liking to one of the women employed here in at the palace.”

Mac smiled, “Excellent, I hope it turns out well.”

This time, Lord Arpitan gave him a smile back, “I'm sure it shall.”

Next, Mac noticed Lady Sophia (who was no longer styling herself as Queen) and walked over to her. As he got closer, he realized she was actually having a heated discussion with a dwarf, although once they got close Sophia turned to them.

“Ah, sire...” she paused as she looked Emma up and down, before giving a smile, “and the newest Queen. Good to meet you.”

Emma smiled, “Good meet you too, Lady Sophia.”

Sophia continued, “I was just talking with Lord Harald here about you taking my lovely Charlotte as a fiance. We'll have a new elven Queen soon.”

Lord Harald grunted, before turning to Mac, giving him a rough but deep bow. “Sire, it's good to meet you, I'm Lord Harald of Stromvurk.”

Mac gave a small bow back, “Good to meet you, too, Lord Harald.”

Lord Harald continued, “To cut straight to it, sire, it's...rubbed a few of the dwarven lords the wrong way that you've cut a deal with the elves but not us.”

Mac was taken aback, having not expected this to be thrown at him right now. Luckily, Emma seemed unperturbed.

Lord Harald continued, “We would like to discuss terms with you as well. And if you were to take a dwarven bride as well...”

Sophia laughed haughtily, “Hahaha, do you really think his majesty would take a dwarf bride? Look at Queen Emma here, and my beautiful daughter Charlotte, do you really think he'd be interested?”

Lord Harald fired back, “Why not? Look there, he already has a dwarven mistress,” he said, pointing to Daisy.

Sophia laughed, “Haha, she's just your smith, isn't she, sire?”

Emma jumped in, “But, you find her quite attractive, don't you husband?”

Mac nodded, “Yes, I was actually planning on proposing to her soon, once I'm able to forge a proper ceremonial dagger,” Mac explained, trying to diffuse any issues the dwarves might have.

Sophia's jaw dropped, while Lord Harald instantly grinned, “Of course, of course, that's wonderful to hear.”

Mac and Emma took their leave as the other two continued arguing.

“Thanks for the save there,” Mac whispered.

Emma giggled, “Of course, Marie taught me how to help out in situations like that.”

I really need to thank her, too.

After a bit more mingling, it was time for Emma and Mac to make a show of leaving, and head for the bedroom.

Emma was squirming as they held hands, practically pulling him along.

“I can tell you're excited.” Mac said, teasingly.

Emma smiled back at him, “You better be too.”

As they entered her bedroom, Emma made him sit down so she could get on his lap and start making out with him.

After a couple minutes, Mac started grabbing her breasts, causing Emma to giggle. “Hold on, hold on...” she said, before standing up and unzipping her dress, revealing the white lingerie with light blue lace from the store.

Mac smiled as he stood up and started kissing her again. “I told you you look great in that.”

Emma blushed, continuing to kiss him back. “Hey, you need to take stuff off, too!” she teased, grabbing his robe.

Mac obliged, taking off his robe, revealing a bulge protruding from this undergarments.

Emma blushed harder seeing this, before reaching underneath and grabbing his shaft. Mac reciprocated by sliding his finger into her panties, slowly sticking a finger inside her, causing her to let out an 'eep'.

Mac unhooked her bra with his other hand, and gazed upon her naked breasts. He bent down and licked her nipples, causing Emma to moan softly. Realizing she was fairly wet at this point, he asked, “Are you ready?”

Emma nodded, and slipped off her panties, before lying on the bed. Mac crouched over her, giving her a kiss.

“Go slowly...” Emma said, as Mac started to push his shaft inside her. He went as gently as possible, slowly pushing in, stopping when Emma groaned in pain.

“Are you...” Mac started to ask.

Emma shook her head, “It's okay, I was told it would be like this. Just...hold me for a bit.”

Mac leaned over and held her as directed, giving her a kiss and wiping her sweaty brows from her eyes.

After a couple minutes, Emma said, “Okay, I'm fine now.”

Mac nodded, and slowly started to slide himself back and forth inside Emma. It was somewhat difficult, but eventually Emma started moaning in pleasure, so Mac tried to go faster and faster, until he felt himself about to blow.

“Emma, I'm about at my limit.”

Emma smiled, still glowing red in the face, “I'm ready.”

Mac gave one last thrust and released into her, quivering, as Emma's back arched in pleasure.

Mac pulled himself out and collapsed next to Emma, who immediately started making out with him again.

“This is so crazy. I could get addicted to this,” Emma said, panting.

Mac nodded, “Yeah, I'm worried I might...”

Emma giggled, “Well, I have to share you...”

“We just need to make the most of our time together,” Mac replied, pointing to his already-erect again shaft.

Emma jumped up and sat on top of him, giving a cute grunt as she forced herself onto his shaft again.

Mac held her waist while sliding her up and down, quickly feeling himself coming again and grabbing her tightly to him as he released inside her again.

“That was too quick!” Emma teased, continuing to rock herself back and forth on top of him.

Mac gave a breathy laugh, and sat up to hold her, doing his best to keep going.

After continuing for a while, Emma finally laid down exhausted, and Mac was able to lay down next to her.

“Yeah, Mel was definitely right,” Emma said with a giggle. “But I'm glad we can do this more often now.”

Mac replied with a smile, leaning over and giving her a kiss.

Emma held onto him tightly, and they both quickly fell asleep.

Upset Nobles, New Meetings

Marie sighed as she looked at the stack of papers in front of her. As expected, another wedding, another flood of concubine requests. She knew Mac would most likely reject them all, but she dutifully went though them anyway. Some of the nobles realized Mac was rejecting them en masse, and had started to up their offers, although she doubted that would change his mind.

As she was reading through them, she heard a small knock at the door, as if someone was doing so but hesitant to actually do so. “Come in.”

Although she said this, the door didn't open, and instead heard another knock at the door, this time maybe a little louder.

Confused, Marie got up and went to the door, opening it. “What is-”

She stopped as a purple streak flew in through the crack. “Phew, I was knocking as hard as I could.”

Marie looked confusedly at the purple spirit floating in front of her. “Spirit Arborhea, is there something wrong?”

Rhea waved her hand, “No no, call me Rhea. I'm just here to keep you company.”

Marie stood still for a couple moments, before walking back to her desk. I guess that's fine, but... “Can I ask why Spir-...Rhea?”

“Well, Mac said I should keep his partners company and make sure they aren't too lonely. He gets worried about them sometimes.”

Marie smiled, That's good he's looking for them. Wait... “Why are you with me then? I'm not one of this partners.”

Rhea, who had been zipping around looking at everything in the office, stopped mid-flight. “Oh...you're with him a bunch, and you can see me, so I kinda forgot you weren't,” she explained floating down onto Marie's desk.

“Well, I guess that's fine,” Marie said, before going back to her papers.

“Are you sure you don't want to be though?” Rhea asked, as she she crossed her arms and looked at Marie.

“What do you mean? I'm his Magistrate,” Marie responded, giving a chuckle.

“Are you sure? It seems like every pretty girl around him is.”

Marie couldn't help but blush slightly at the compliment. “That's not true. Felicia's sister is very pretty and she's engaged to Captain La Hire. I would say many of our maids are pretty as well, and they aren't engaged to him. Well, not yet, at least...”

Rhea nodded, “That's true.”

Marie coughed, “Ahem, Mac probably thinks he has enough partners for now anyways. Which is why this is probably pointless,” she sighed., slapping the papers down

Rhea scooched herself over to the stack of papers and began reading. “Hehehe, all these people want Mac?”

“Well, they want his children, at least.”

Rhea looked thoughtfully. “Are you saying they don't actually care about him?”

Marie frowned, “Well, probably not. I guess it's possible they do, but you wouldn't know for sure unless...well, unless you get to know them first.” Now I sound like Mac.

Rhea smiled, “Well, Mac seems like he's pretty good at choosing, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.”

I can't argue with her there. “Still, we'll need to at least go through these,” Marie replied, looking back down and grouping the requests.

“Hehe, well, I'll keep you company until you're done,” Rhea answered, sailing up and alighting on Marie's hair, using it as a bed.

Marie wasn't sure how to react, but decided to just allow it. It's not like I mind the company...

Melissandra was walking over to Kay's room. I wonder what she wanted to discuss alone. Maybe something to do with Mac? Actually, I would be surprised if it wasn't something to do with him. Melissandra was normally the go-to for Mac's partners when they needed assistance (as she was supposed to be) although Kay hadn't asked for much help with Mac since the two of them had started sleeping together.

Maybe her wedding? Actually, that wouldn't surprise me, she probably wants me to be her maid-of-honor.
Confident that was probably it, Melissandra knocked on Kay's door before entering.

Kay ran over and gave Melissandra a hug before beckoning her over to the tea table, where some tea had already been brewed.

“Melly, how are you feeling? Get any kicks today?” Kay asked.

Melissandra giggled, “I think it's too early for that. I feel mostly fine, just a little sick in the mornings.”

They took a few sips of tea, before Melissandra asked, “So, what did you need to discuss? Something about your wedding?”

Kay made a bit of a grimace before shaking her head, “No, everything's going fine with that. This issue is with Mac's reputation, specifically with the nobles.”

Melissandra put down her tea and raised her eyebrows. “In regards too...?”

“From what's being reported to me, it has to do with his...choice of brides.”

Melissandra's face twitched, unable to keep the indignation from showing on her face. Grrr, I was worried this might happen.

“Yeah, I had a similar reaction. But looking at it from the nobles perspective, so far we've got...” she started counting on her fingers, “...two commoners, a de facto estateless noble, and...Eleanor, who I think most people are just pretending isn't actually a Queen, or just trying to not think about her at all. With Charlotte and I they probably understand, even if they aren't happy about it.”

Melissandra nodded. It's true from the outside that's how it looks, but... “That's very surface-level evaluations though.”

“I agree, of course, but that doesn't stop them from getting upset. 'Why is he rejecting my daughter's concubine offer and marrying commoners instead?' is a common complaint being heard. The one's who were at the Introduction Ceremony and had Eleanor chosen over them are probably the most irate. Several of them even didn't come to your or Emma's wedding.”

Melissandra mulled over Kay's report. “Do you think he's in any imminent danger?”

Kay shrugged. “No one sent anything pointing towards that, at least. I guess it's hard to jump from being upset about your King's romantic partners to an assassination plot, but you never know.”

Melissandra shook her head, “No, I'm sure people have been assassinated for less before.”

They continued drinking for a bit before Kay continued, “I also have received many reports of bandits in the south.”

Melissandra grimaced, remembering their brief encounter with bandits. “Yes, we've been getting a lot of official reports too.”

“It's getting pretty bad, we're going to have to do something,” Kay added.

“What can we do though? It's more than the royal guard can handle.”

“I know. Either we need to drastically expand the guard...or we'll need to mobilize.”

Melissandra frowned, “Do you really think the nobles will accept mobilizing for bandits?”

“It'd be a bit hypocritical to complain, but then get upset when we actually try to do something about it,” Kay said with a bit of contempt.

Melissandra nodded, “I guess that's true. And it's not like we can afford to expand the royal guard right now.”

“We'll need to talk with Mac. Who knows, maybe he'll get one of his crazy ideas,” Kay smirked, refilling her tea.

“He'll probably want to charge into the forest and use his magic on every bandit himself!”

“Nyahaha, we'll have to convince him not too. Or, entice him, maybe. He needs to at least live until my wedding!” Kay joked.

Melissandra giggled, “Of course.”

“Speaking of...would you want to be the maid-of-honor at my wedding? I feel like I should return the favor since I was yours.”

Melissandra smiled, “I'd love too!”

No More Waffling

Mac was getting ready in his room, having a date with Felicia this afternoon. Felicia had been very...proactive...in wanting to have children since he had returned from the Elven forest trip, so he was a bit...excited.

A knock came at the door, before Felicia quickly slipped inside.

“Oh, hey, I was just about to come-...” but trailed off as Felicia had a serious look on her face. She sat down on the bed, and Mac came over to join her.

“Are you alright Fe?”

Felicia looked up at him, serious expression still on her face.

“I'm asking one final time, are-”

“Yes I still want to marry you.”

Felicia stared as Mac interrupted her.

“I've told you, I don't care you were a prostitute. I love you, I want to marry you, and I want to have a dozen children or how-”

Now Mac was cut off by Felicia as she started making out with him mid-sentence. Tearing his clothes off, she pushed him down on the bed as she stripped her dress off. “If we're gonna have a dozen we better get started now,” she said seductively, sliding off her undergarments as well.

Sliding on top of Mac, who was already hard, she started aggressively moving up and down, making Mac finish in record time.

After she finished too, she fell over onto Mac's chest. “I love you too, by the way,” and gave him another passionate kiss. “Come on, we better go talk to Marie, she keeps asking me if we need to start planning.”

As she got up, Mac grabbed her arm.

“...Again?” Felicia said with a smirk, looking down at his crotch.

“You said we needed to get started now, right?”

After a couple more rounds of trying for children, they washed up and went to see Marie.

Marie, gathering what they were there for, gave a smirk. “So you finally convinced her to stop waffling?”

Felicia blushed a bit, “I'm sorry, I just needed a little extra push, I guess.”

Mac gave her hand a squeeze and a smile.

“Well, it will probably be a bit even if we send the invites out today.”

Mac nodded. “Yeah, we have Kay's wedding, and I think maybe a short trip before that...”

Felicia grabbed his head and shoved it on her chest, smiling. “That's fine, I'm not going anywhere.”

Marie gave an awkward smile at the scene in front of her.

Later that night, Mac was with Melissandra.

“Felicia said you decided to get the wedding process started,” Melissandra said, holding him from behind and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Mac smiled, “Yeah, thankfully it worked out fine.”

Melissandra sat down next to him, pouring some water for herself. “Did you think about what we discussed?”

Mac nodded. “I think we have too. If the country isn't safe, then the other stuff I want to do won't be able to happen anyway.”

Melissandra looked down. “I know you need to go, but...”

Mac grabbed her hand, “I know, I know. I won't put myself in danger. Besides, I have an idea to hopefully minimize casualties.”

Mac started to undress Melissandra, but she grabbed his hand. “Ummm...”

Mac, surprised, asked, “What's wrong, do you not want too?”

Melissandra shook her head, “I do...but I'm not feeling very well. I'm kind of nauseous. If you want to go-”

Mac cut her off before she could suggest anything. “Do you want me to go get Tillie? Or do you need some tea or food?”

Melissandra sighed with a smile, “No, I think I just need to rest.”

Mac nodded. “Here, come on,” he said, gently pulling Melissandra down to the bed. Holding her hands, he laid down next to her. “Is this better?”

“Yes,” she said, closing her eyes as they held hands.

After a while, Melissandra opened her eyes, and saw Mac's sleeping face next to hers. Smiling, she leaned over and gave him a kiss, before sidling up next to him and closing her eyes to sleep again.

Emma Gets to Work

Emma sat at her desk, looking at a blank piece of paper.

Ummooooo, where do I even begin with this...?

Thinking for a while, she set down the pen she was holding. I'll go ask Marie.

Taking the quick jaunt down the hall to Marie's office, she knocked and entered.

Looking over her glasses at the entrant, Marie asked, “Emma?”

Sitting down across from her, Emma sighed. “I'm trying to start work on the position Mac gave me...but I don't know what I should be doing.”

Marie nodded, “Well, you can start with writing down the instructions on what to do.”

Emma raised an eyebrow, “But, I already know what to do. Well, mostly...”

“Yes, but are you always going to be doing this role? What if someone needs to help you? Or what about when you're too pregnant to work temporarily?”

Emma blushed, “Okay, that makes sense.”

Marie continued, “While you're writing out the job process, you might also think of improvements or additional tasks you can do. From there, you can work with Mac on financing and delegation. Of course, I'm always here if you need me, too.”

Emma smiled, “Thanks, I may take you up on that sometime,” she said, before hopping over and giving Marie a hug.

While taken aback at first, Marie hugged her back, before Emma slipped out the door.

Back in her office, Emma got to work writing out the job responsibilities. Analyzing harvests, collecting data from cities and villages. And she'd need to make sure to bring enough money to make up for any shortfall in case there was anyone unfortunate enough to be starving.

Hmmm...this is going pretty well. Let's see what Mac thinks!

Finding Mac in his office, she slapped her papers down on the table in front of him with a proud pose. “Check this out!”

Mac quietly read over the papers. “What happens if you have people starving but there's not enough food to buy?”

Emma didn't respond. Shoot, I didn't think about that!

“What if there is food but you don't have enough money on you?”

“Err....” was all Emma got out.

“How about if the local noble doesn't cooperate?”

“I....”

“What about-”

“Hey, let me write these down first!” she shouted, playfully punching Mac.

After she had worked with Mac for a bit, he nodded “This is a good start.”

Emma sighed in relief as she set down her pen.

“I'm sure it will change more once we actually start implementing it.”

“More!?”

“Well, once we're actually doing everything, we might think of ways to improve it more.”

Emma scrunched up her head. “I'm all out of thinking power today.”

Mac laughed and gave her a kiss.

In the morning the next day, Mac slipped out early (before the sun was fully up) and down to Daisy's forge.

I need to keep working on this he thought, pulling out the knife we was working on. Well, it was supposed to end up as a knife, at the moment it still looked like a hunk of metal that had been somewhat flattened. At least I'm making progress he told himself.

As he was about to exit out into the yard, he ran into someone else coming in.

“Marie?” he asked. She was standing there, towel around her shoulders, wearing a loose shirt and pants, and was extremely sweaty.

Marie looked sideways for a moment but then nodded at Mac. “Sire.”

“Um, are you okay? I didn't expect to see you down here this early.”

Marie, wiping more sweat off her brow, responded “I could say the same of you. I was just exercising, since I'm stuck at my desk most of the time.”

Mac nodded, That makes sense. He looked down at himself. Luckily, he didn't seem like he had put on any weight. Or at least, he didn't think he had, since there wasn't any scales here. “I was heading down to the forge to work on this,” he explained, holding up his work-in-process knife. “I try to use it when I know Daisy will be asleep.”

Marie gave a smile, “Of course. Well, I won't keep you...” she said, giving another bow and heading in.

Mac looked at his stomach again. Maybe I should exercise sometimes, too, just to be safe...

After he had gotten the forge started, he heated up his knife and started hammering. While the noise was loud, luckily Daisy slept like a rock and wouldn't be waken up from just this much noise.

While he was able to wield the hammer alright, his main issue was his arms getting tired quickly. I need to work out my arms too.

Reheating the knife, as it had started to get cold, he saw a glint in the pre-dawn distance, up in one of the trees. Hmm, that's weird, why is there a light in a tree? If it was lower, I would think it might be a guard patrolling, but... As he was thinking, the light started circling the tree. Wait, is that...

On cue, Rhea flew over to him. “Hehe, did I scare you?”

Mac shook his head as he took the knife out and put it back on the anvil. “Were you just hanging out with the trees again?”

Rhea nodded, flexing her arms “Yeah, being with the trees helps me recharge my energy!”

“What are you using your energy on? You just sleep all day!” Mac teased her.

“Hey, I'm doing the job you gave me, making sure none of your partners get lonely!” she said, crossing her arms. “Although...”

Mac stopped hammering as she trailed off. “What? Should I worry about one of them?”

Rhea shook her head, “No. It should be fine. You can trust me,” she asserted, patting Mac on the shoulder and giving him a thumbs up.

Mac was slightly worried, but decided to trust Rhea, and returned to hammering his knife.

Rhea kept him company for a bit, before flying off in the direction of the palace. Mac, arms feeling pretty tired, decided to call it a day as the sun was rising. At least this is starting to resemble a knife he thought, looking at the now-slightly-sharper metal he had in front of him. He then headed back to the palace to wash up before breakfast.

Later in the afternoon, Mac was spending time with Eleanor, drinking tea in her room.

“Husband, take a look at this,” Eleanor said, handing over a piece of paper.

Mac read over the contents, which was a memo on the royal treasury. It was...actually looking a bit better than it had been.

Mac smiled, “We've gotten it up a bit, eh? Just in time too, since Emma will need some for her department...”

Eleanor nodded. “She will, but I was hoping to use some, too.”

Mac raised an eyebrow.

Eleanor continued, “I want to expand the zipper-dress production. Instead of just dresses, I want to start making male clothes as well. And we haven't even touched the commoner market, yet.”

Mac smiled, “I think that's a good investment.”

Eleanor smiled back, “I'm glad you agree,” and leaned over for a kiss.

Mac acquiesced, before asking “Have you been feeling alright?”

Eleanor nodded, looking at her stomach. “Yes...I'm a little worried I might put some weight back on though.”

Mac shook his head, “Please don't worry about that...”

At dinner that day, Mac gathered his partner's together.

“I think you knew this was coming, but we've sent out the request for troops to help take care of the bandit problem. It's not like we'll be able to get rid of them permanently, but if we can make the south safer, and more habitable again, that will help the country out a lot.”

They all nodded at his explanation.

“We're mustering south of Loren in a few days. While I need to go to lead, I don't...I really think you should all stay here. I don't want any of you in danger.”

Melissandra interjected, “I appreciate the thought Mac, but I really think at least one of us should accompany. You should have one of us act as your adjutant while you're there, and to make sure you don't put yourself in danger.”

Mac winced, I don't have much room to argue after the run-in with the legendary beast. “Okay, but who then?”

“Well, Eleanor and I can't go...” Melissandra said, looking around.

Felicia chimed in with a smirk “I probably shouldn't too, just to be safe.”

Emma shook her head, “I'd like too, but I need to work on preparing my job some more.”

Kay shrugged, “Father is trying to make our wedding the biggest in history, I think, so I was planning on going to go help some more with preparations.”

Charlotte poked her fingers together, “Um...Daisy and I have been making a lot of progress lately, so I wanted to keep working on the steam engine...”

Internally, Mac felt a bit relieved. “Well, if none of you can come...”

“Hey, hey!” said Rhea, flying in front of him. “If you just need someone to keep you out of danger, why not have Marie come?”

Marie, who was standing in the corner talking with Eleanor, looked up.

Melissandra nodded, “Actually, that's a great idea. She would probably be the best adjutant for you, as well.”

Marie held up her hand, “I don't...”

Eleanor nodded as well, “Honestly, besides his partners, I trust Marie to stop Mac from doing something dumb. Maybe more so, actually.”

Emma nodded as well, “Yeah, Marie will give you a stern talking too!”

I mean, I can't fault their line of thinking.

Turning to Marie, she gave a sideways smile, before nodding, “Alright, if you insist. I guess getting out of the palace for a bit would be nice.”

Preparing to Depart

The Kingdom of Ositania was the liveliest it had been since the King's first marriage a couple months ago. Nobles around the country were calling up troops, and departing for Loren, where the King would be launching a subjugation mission to rid part of the country of bandits.

While a few of the more ornery nobles grumbled at the mobilization, none could ignore the issues the bandits were now causing, and no protests made their way to the King's ear.

Said King was currently sitting in his bed, one of his fiance's bouncing on top of him.

“Fe, slow down,” Mac said, unable to even kiss her as she was moving up and down so quickly.

“No, I want you to get me pregnant before you leave!” she replied, sticking out her tongue.

Mac felt himself coming, and grabbed her as he thrusted upwards, moaning loudly.

Felicia giggled, “That was quick,” before wrapping her arms around him, pressing her chest into his.

“Well....when you go like that...” Mac panted. Between his early mornings and his late nights with his partners, he was looking forward to being able to relax a bit on his upcoming trip. If going to what is essentially a small-scale war can be relaxing at all, that is.

Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he gave Felicia a kiss and hugged her tight.

“To be honest, I might actually be already...” she blushed, holding his shoulders and looking at him.

Mac smiled, “Really?”

She nodded. “I've felt... a bit different the past few days. It's hard to say for sure though.”

“Well, just in case,” Mac said, starting to move up and down inside Felicia again, causing her to moan seductively.

After going another round, they cuddled together on the bed.

Mac looked at her smiling face. “Have you been...lonely at all lately?”

Felicia raised an eyebrow, “No...? I mean, I will be once you leave,” she giggled. “Why?”

Mac shook his head, “Just...making sure all my partners are doing okay.”

Felicia smiled, “You're too sweet,” and gave him a kiss.

“Phew, this is almost as much a workout as smithing,” Daisy explained, shoving some coal into the stove. Mac had explained to them at some point that burning coal would be quicker than using wood for heating the water, and they had switched to using that exclusively.

Setting down the shovel, she looked at her and Charlotte's handiwork, and gave a nod. “This is starting to look interesting.”

They had been working on the steam engine quite a bit lately, re-arranging pipes and making new ones that were stronger and better controlled the steam. It barely even looks like what we started with, Charlotte thought. “I think we need to connect the piston to a wheel somehow,” Charlotte said, intently staring at the piston, before checking the book on the table again. “I think we need it angled like this,” she said, drawing a rod with right angles on a sheet.

Daisy nodded, taking the sheet, “I'll go forge this up real quick.”

“Thanks. I'm going to keep working on this multiple-piston design...”

Daisy walked out of the palace and over to her hut, contemplating the best way to make the rod. Instead of welding two smaller rods on, it'll probably be more durable if I make one long one then bend the sides out...

Going into her hut to grab her tools, Daisy stopped at the door, noticing someone was sitting at her table, seemingly laid over head down on it, asleep.

“Mac?”

Mac almost fell out of his chair in surprise while being woken up.

“Haha, sorry. Were you hoping for some 'alone time' with your dwarf-lady?” she said, untying her sarashi. “I need to forge something for Charlotte, but if we make it quick-”

She stopped as Mac got down on one knee in front of her. Holding up a dagger, he asked, “Daisy. It's not the best, but hopefully you can accept it as a token of my affection. Will you marry me?”

Daisy teared up as she took the dagger. Inspecting it, the sides were uneven, and the handle a bit rough, but it was sharp, and would do the job if something needed stabbed.

“Of course!” she said, sheathing the dagger, and leaning over to make out with Mac.

As they were going, she picked up Mac and carried him over to her bed. She jumped up and saddled Mac, as he started massaging her breasts.

“You boob-fiend!” she giggled, taking off his shirt, she poked him in the chest in playful retaliation.

“Ow! Hey, you were the one who took off your sarashi while I was proposing!” Mac retorted back.

“Of course, I know what my future hubby is after!” she explained, leaning over and making out with him again.

Finishing undressing, Daisy slid herself on top of Mac, grunting a bit before using her arms to slide herself up and down.

“Wow, that's incredible,” Mac said, grabbing onto Daisy's sides.

Daisy smiled, “This feels pretty great on my end too.”

Mac grabbed Daisy tightly as he released inside her, slamming her down as he emptied himself.

Cuddling together as they caught their breath, Daisy suddenly shot up. “Shoot, I forgot about Charlotte!” she said, jumping out of bed and getting her clothes back on.

“Sorry...” Mac started, before Daisy gave him another kiss.

“No, she'll understand once I explain.”

Mac was about to stop her, but couldn't in time as she ran out the door, as he imagined how red Charlotte would be after hearing of what he and Daisy had just done.

“It seems like the mustering is going okay. I haven't heard of any issues,” Kay explained, taking a sip of tea.

Kelly, who was sitting across from her, nodded. “I have not, either. I wonder if Mac still has enough goodwill from the summoning that no one thinks of protesting?”

“That's possible,” Kay said, looking up and thinking.

After a few minutes of sipping in silence, Kelly asked, “How goes your wedding preparations?”

“Nyahaha, a bit crazy. I think Father has invited half the Kingdom to attend. And I think he's hired every chef and performer in the Kingdom to accommodate them.”

Kelly nodded, “Well, if his goal is to find partners for the rest of his children, he's probably going to succeed.”

Kay giggled, “Nyahaha, of course, that's good for us too.”

Kelly giggled back, “That's true.”

“Well, how about yours? Although I guess you have to wait for Fiona first...”

Kelly winced, “Not...well. Not because we aren't getting along,” she added quickly, seeing Kay was worried. “I don't think either of them know what they're doing. I'll probably need to just plan theirs myself so we can get to mine,” she explained, shaking her head as she sighed.

At the same time, Melissandra was lying in bed.

Ugh, I haven't even done anything and I feel so tired...

According to Tillie this was pretty normal, but she had been feeling really off ever since she had gotten pregnant. Of course, as long as the baby was fine, then she would just have to put up with whatever was thrown at her.

Suddenly, a streak of light flew in from the veranda.

“Rhea?” Melissandra asked.

“I sensed you weren't feeling well,” she explained, putting her hand on Melissandra's forehead.

Melissandra smiled, “Thanks.”

As she relaxed in silence for a few minutes, she looked at Rhea. “Hey, you should go with Mac too. Make sure he doesn't get into trouble.”

Rhea saluted, “Roger that! Actually I was planning on going anyway, he said he needed me for a special assignment. And it sounds kinda fun.”

Melissandra was taken aback, “I don't know if I would consider bandit subjugation 'fun'...”

Rhea shrugged, “Well, I can't stand those bandits, using my forests to hide while they attack other children. The faster we get them out and we get regular, nicer children back, the better.”

“I guess that's...hmm....” Melissandra's thoughts trailed off, deep in thought.

The next day, Mac woke up early again. Oh yeah, I already finished the knife, he thought, as he was getting out of bed. Sitting there, he was already feeling fairly awake. I should go exercise like I had thought about doing.

Giving a kiss to the still-sleeping Emma, he pulled on his tracksuit and quietly slipped out the door.

Walking through the quiet palace, he nodded to a few passing maids who were already busy scurrying about their duties this early, and walked out the front into the yard.

Hmm, I guess I could do a lap around the inner wall? Mac thought, taking off in a jog.

After a couple minutes of jogging, Mac was already exhausted. Holding himself against the wall, he leaned over, heaving for breath. I guess despite my 'activities' with my wives, jogging is still a lot.

Still trying to catch his breath, he heard a voice behind him.

“Sire?”

Mac turned to see Marie was jogging up behind him, clad in her loose shirt and pants again, towel around her neck.

Slowing down and stopping next to him, she had a worried look on her face. “Are you alright?”

Mac gave a weak smile. “You inspired me to start working out, but I guess I overdid it...”

he explained standing up straight as he finally managed to steady his breathing.

Marie seemed to blush a bit, “I'm sorry, I...”

“Haha, you don't need to be sorry, I obviously need it...”

Marie switched to a smile, “Would it be fine if I joined you?”

Mac smiled back, “Sure, I think I'm about ready to continue.”

They jogged side-by-side for a couple minutes, before Mac started to feel his chest burn again. Slowing down, he fell to his knees.

Marie stopped, noticing he had fallen. “Should we...should we walk instead?” she asked, breathing a bit heavy herself.

Mac nodded.

Marie held out her hand, helping Mac to his feet.

“Sorry, my hands are sweaty...”

Mac chuckled, “Well, so are mine,” he said, holding them up.

Marie nodded, and they continued walking along the wall.

After a couple minutes of silence, Marie asked “Have you getting along with with all your partners?”

Mac gave a wry smile. “I think so. If you're worried about more heirs, we'll probably have half a dozen by next year...”

Marie gave a melancholic smile, “And to think, a few months ago I couldn't even get you to sleep with Mel.”

“Yeah...honestly, you really helped me out a lot then, getting accustomed to this world.”

Marie was taken aback at first, but then smiled, “Of course. Like I've said, I was just doing my job.”

After they got back, they went their separate ways, and Mac went back to Emma's room.

“Hey! Where'd you go?” Emma said, seemingly a bit angry.

“I went to work out a bit. Actually, after today, I think I need to excercise more often...”

“I woke up and you were gone! I...” she stopped, narrowing her eyes and thinking, “Actually, I think I've gotten lazy, on the farm I would wake up that early too...”

Mac chuckled and gave her a kiss.

The Bandit Subjugation

The day of departure had arrived, and Mac was standing outside the royal carriage, his seven partners all hugging him.

Um...when did I get this many? He thought, trying to hug all of them at once. After making sure he properly said goodbye to all of them, he got into his carriage, and looked around. “This feels kinda empty with just me...”

A rustling came from his pocket. “Did you forget about me!?” Rhea asked, flying out.

Mac smiled, “Sorry. Thanks for keeping me company,” he said, rubbing her head.

“Why don't you have Marie and the maids join you instead of riding in the other ones?” she asked, hugging Mac's finger.

He shook his head, “They can't, this one is only meant for the royal family.”

Rhea seemed deep in thought. “Hmmm...does that mean I shouldn't be here?”

Mac didn't know how to respond. I didn't really think about that, since she's not really a person... “Um...I think spirits can be an exception. Actually, since I'm the King, I'm officially making it one!” he stated in an exaggeratedly pompous tone.

Rhea nodded with a smile, and grabbed his finger again.

As they traveled, Mac pulled his practice stone out of his bag, heating it up with his magic as he watched the scenery pass by. Some of it was familiar, since he had traveled this road a couple times now. He looked down at the stone, purposely turning up the power a bit to heat it slightly. He didn't really need the practice any more, but it helped to pass the time.

Rhea eventually left, saying she was visiting Marie, so Mac lay on the bed. Not like I can sleep on the carriage anyway...

Mac was woken up abruptly by a knock at the door. He could see through the slightly ajar window that it was almost dark out. Shoot...

Getting up, he opened the door, to see Marie standing there.

She raised an eyebrow at him, “Sire?”

Mac rubbed his eyes, “Sorry, I fell asleep...”

“Well, we've arrived at the inn. Captain La Hire is ordering food now.”

Mac nodded, and followed her inside.

Sitting inside, they had set aside a table for Mac by himself. Looking over at the others, he kept alternating between staring at his table, and where the others were. “Uhhh...” He got up and sat with everyone else.

“Sire?” La Hire asked, seeing him pull up a seat next to him.

“I don't really need a separate table if it's just me. I'd rather drink with everyone!” he said, raising his voice and holding up a beer, which garnered a rousing cheer from the guards filling the tavern.

Marie, who was sitting across from him, held her forehead and shook her head. “Well, at least you do a good job of keeping your troops' morale up,” she said, before taking a drink of the wine she had in front of her.

Mac looked at the bottle she had poured from. “I didn't know you liked wine.”

Marie smiled, “I don't get a chance to drink it too often,” she explained, before draining the rest of her glass and pouring some more.

“Can I...?” Mac asked.

Marie poured some in an empty glass and pushed it over.

Mac took a sip. “That's pretty good. I like the strawberry flavor.”

Marie smiled, “I'm glad you like it. This is one of my favorites...”

After drinking and eating for a while, one of the maids eventually came and showed Mac to his room. He washed off and changed into his pajamas, before getting into bed.

Laying down, he had a sudden realization...I'm not tired. Probably shouldn't have napped all day...

Sitting up, he wasn't sure how to pass the time now. Oh, guess I could talk with Rhea... he thought. He waited for a bit, but surprisingly, Rhea didn't show up. Rhea? You there? Is something wrong? he thought, scrunching his head intensely.

After giving Rhea a couple minutes to show up, he figured she must be busy, so he decided to look out the window. There wasn't much moonlight tonight, so the surrounding area around the inn was mostly cloaked in darkness.

As he watched, a knock came at the door. Who is...oh yeah...he started to think of who might be joining him, but remembered all his partners were still at the palace.

Opening the door, he was surprised to find Marie was standing there, wearing a thick nightrobe. “Sire, could I come in?” she asked, a serious expression on her face.

Mac raised an eyebrow, but moved out of the way, inviting her in and closing the door after her. “Is something wrong? I'm not feeling sleepy, so if we need to discuss-”

He stopped as when he turned around, Marie had untied her robe sash. Pulling the sides back, it revealed Marie was only wearing lacy red lingerie underneath, matching her hair, and her blushing face.

“Marie...?” Mac asked, eyes going wide (but not taking them off her).

Marie looked away demurely, “Sire...I've been feeling...lonely, lately. I've been trying to make my body as attractive as I can for you. I know it's improper to approach you like this, but...would you keep me company tonight?”

Suddenly several things fell into place in Mac's head. Some of the looks Marie had given when seeing him and his wives. Working out early in the morning. And maybe the person Rhea had seemed worried about was actually Marie?

Mac thought through all of this in a split second. Trying to keep a grasp on himself, he asked “Were you...planning this?”

Marie nodded, “I was. I was just waiting until I had an opportunity, and...the courage.”

Mac's mind was racing. I shouldn't sleep with someone besides my partners. She's really beautiful, but...he looked at Marie's glistening skin. She must have bathed before coming. No, I can't sleep with a random woman! Well, Marie isn't a random woman though, right? It's Marie! And I can't let her suffer if she's lonely...

While Mac was thinking, Marie blushed, before going to close her robe. “Sorry, I must be-”

but was stopped by Mac grabbing her arm.

“You're sure you want to do this?” he asked, looking into her eyes.

She nodded confidently.

Mac leaned in, kissing her passionately as her robe slipped to the floor. Mac wrapped his arms around her, pressing her against him as they continued to make out, her mouth tasting of the sweet strawberry wine from earlier.

Mac unhooked her bra, causing her voluptuous breasts to bounce out, which he grabbed and licked delicately on.

“Sire, it's poking against me...” she said, grabbing his member through his pants.

Mac shook his head, “If we're doing this, you have to call me by name now.”

Marie blushed harder and smiled, “Okay...Mac.”

Mac gently laid Marie onto the bed, stripping off his clothes as he saddled himself on top of her.

Marie stared at his erect shaft, as he knelt in front of her and pulled her panties off.

Mac rubbed her nether region, and Marie moaned in a cute voice, much higher pitched than her normal one, causing Mac to look at her in surprise.

“Sorry...” she said, blushing more.

Mac smiled, “Don't be, it was cute.”

Marie pulled him down, making out with him some more. “Please, I'm ready...”

Mac nodded, slowly inserting himself into Marie, until he was able to fully hide his member inside her.

Marie inhaled sharply.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes, it's just been awhile...” she said, steadying her breathing.

Mac slowly started to pump in and out.

“You can go faster,” Marie said with a blush.

Mac acquiesced, speeding up until he was going as fast as he could.

“Faster, faster!” Marie cried out.

“I'm already about there...” Mac panted.

Marie wrapped her legs around him.

Mac thrusted as hard as he could, releasing inside her, with Marie shaking violently in pleasure.

Not unlocking her legs, Marie pulled Mac down and kissed him some more.

“Thank...you...” she panted, eyes tearing up, causing her glasses to fog up.

Mac took her glasses off and set them aside. “You're really beautiful...” he said, wiping the hair from her sweaty face.

Marie blushed again, “That's unfair when you're still inside me.”

“That's because you wrapped your legs around me!”

Marie covered her face, “I'm sorry, I just wanted it so bad and...” she stopped as she could feel Mac getting hard again.

Mac smiled, “Do you want to continue?”

Marie bit her lip and nodded vigorously.

Mac lay down next to her, grabbing her breasts from behind as he rammed himself up into her.

Marie turned her head around and made out with him some more.

“You're...so...good...at...this....” she got out between thrusts.

Mac blushed, “I don't mean it as a brag, but I do get a lot of practice...”

Marie let out another cute giggle.

Mac, getting even more turned on, felt himself coming again, holding her tight as he released inside her once more.

Marie was panting heavily now. “I don't think my workouts prepared me for this.”

Mac, also trying to catch his breath, added, “This didn't prepare me for working out, either.”

Marie laughed, before kneeling up and climbing on top of him.

Afterwards, they continued far into the night, until they both eventually passed out from exhaustion, not knowing how many times they had done it.

Marie woke up, still feeling tried, and head hurting. What...?

Opening her eyes, she looked around as her eyes adjusted to the light filtering in. She then realized that she was holding Mac between her breasts.

Oh yeah...she thought, blushing as she remembered the previous night, equal parts exhilaration and guilt at what she had done.

She had been lonely ever since her husband had passed away years ago, and this had been exacerbated recently seeing Mac being all lovey-dovey with his partners around. She didn't begrudge them, but she did feel jealous, and she had hoped she might get a tiny amount of his affection as well. She had begun working out to try and make herself as appealing as possible, until the opportune time had shown itself.

What she didn't expect was the encouragement of Rhea, who seemed to clock onto her feelings, and had basically sussed out her plan before she could even enact it, and then even helped set her up on this trip.

Of course, that didn't mean Mac's partners might not get mad at her. She knew she was betraying their trust, but she was hopeful they would at least accept her as one of Mac's lovers...

She shook her head. Now wasn't the time for that. She needed to thank Mac for comforting her, and try to re-establish their relationship as King and Magistrate.

“Sire....er, Mac...wake up.”

“Wake up,” Mac heard, his body softly being shaken.

“Sorry, sorry, let's get breakfast,” planting a kiss on whoever had awoken him.

“Mwmhhh....Mac...”

Mac shook his head, eyes focusing. After a couple seconds he realized the naked woman he was holding was most definitely Marie, and the previous nights events flooded back to him.

Oh...now what...

Mac let go of her, holding his head.

“Mac, thank you for last night. We should...”

“Mel is going to kill me. No, they're all going to kill me...”

Marie shook her head, “What are you saying, why would they be mad at you?”

“I mean, I feel like I betrayed their trust...”

Marie shook her head. “Why? I requested to...sleep with you, and you accepted. You could even say I seduced you...”

Mac shook his head.

“Plus, I'm your retainer, so us being lovers isn't that...”

Mac continued to shake his head.

“What, do you regret it that much?” she said, starting to get angry.

Mac stopped fretting, his shoulders sagging as he looked at her. “...No. I mean, you feel better now, right?”

Marie blushed a bit, but nodded.

“Then I don't regret it. But that doesn't change...” he caught sight of Marie's naked body lying next to him. Blushing and looking away, he continued, “that doesn't change me feeling guilty about it.”

Marie grimaced, He must really love his wives...oh damn it all, I'm getting even more jealous... “I'm...I'm sorry, sire. I didn't mean....”

“I told you to call me Mac, right?”

Marie nodded, “Mac...I...we can just keep this a secret, and pretend it never happened.”

Mac shook his head. “Are you really okay with that?”

Marie bit her lip, before shaking her head. “No...in truth, I was hoping we could become lovers, and you might keep me company occasionally, when you had extra time you weren't with your wives...”

Mac raised an eyebrow, “You didn't want to be something more?”

Marie blushed, “No. I...I can't have children anymore, so there would be no point.”

Mac shook his head. “That doesn't make a difference. It's not a requirement for a wife to have children, is it?”

Marie, realizing what he was saying, started to break down. “Why would...? You want to marry an old widower who can't even provide you with children?”

Mac wrapped his arms around her. “If its you, then gladly. I care about you just as much as the others, and I want a happy Marie in my life. No, I need Marie in my life. If you were to leave, it wouldn't feel right without you. And the Kingdom might fall apart...”

Crying, Marie buried her face in Mac's chest as he hugged her.

After she cried herself out, she leaned up and gave Mac a wet kiss.

Mac, trying to make sure they would end on a positive outcome, added, “If I'm going to be King, I need the hardest worker in the Kingdom as my Queen.”

Marie laughed, “Haha, I think Eleanor might have me beat there, though. Maybe even Emma at the rate she's going.”

“Well, with all of you, the Kingdom is in good hands then...”

“Oh, stop it, I'm already going to accept, you don't need to drown me in compliments,” she explained with a chuckle, before beginning to make out with him again. Noticing his member was erect again as well, she stared, “Are you serious?”

“We've been lying here naked and kissing!” Mac said, jumping on top of her.

Giggling in delight, Marie wrapped her arms around his neck as he inserted himself into her.

Quickly finishing after all the previous emotional excitement, Mac fell over next to her.

Marie played with his hair. “We should probably...”

A knock came at the door. They both opened their eyes in shock, before slowly looking over at it. After a few moments in silence, there was another knock.

Mac quickly jumped out of bed, pulling on his tracksuit before opening the door. Marie was hiding behind the covers.

One of the maids was at the door, blushing heavily.

We were probably too loud there...

“Um...sire, we're...about to...leave,...if you're...ready...” she barely got out as she squirmed, embarassed.

Mac nodded, “Thanks, I'll be down soon.”

She nodded. “Also, we...Marie isn't in her room. Do you know...”

“I'm here,” Marie said confidently, pulling down the sheet covering her face, although blushing heavily.

The maid blushed even harder, before nodding and turning away.

Closing the door, Mac turned to Marie, who was getting dressed. “I'm surprised you didn't want to hide.”

Marie shook her head. “You already accepted me, so I have nothing to hide from.
Besides, they would have found out eventually anyway. Although being found like this was a bit embarrassing...” she said, looking down at her body again for a bit, before tying on her robe.

Mac pulled her close, and gave her another kiss. “I find you very attractive, so I don't want to hear anything negative about how you look.”

Marie raised an eyebrow. “I mean, I didn't think that would be an issue, considering how last night went.”

“Oh...” Mac replied, not expecting that answer. “Sorry.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for,” Marie said, giving him one final kiss before heading through the door.

Mac stood in his room in silence.

Well, I'll worry about how to explain this later...

After washing up and heading down, Mac felt like he was getting a lot of sidelong glances.

Trying to pay them no heed, he quickened his pace and headed for the royal carriage.

As he opened the door, he immediately got hit by a spirit to the face. Peeling off Rhea, he was about to say something, but realized several people around him were staring.

Quickly going inside, he closed the door.

“Congrats!” Rhea said, bits of confetti falling around them.

“Are you...” He stopped, noticing Marie was sitting at the table, reading some documents. Turning back to Rhea, he asked “Were you worried about Marie? Was this your doing?”

Rhea laughed haughtily, “Hehehe, I've transformed from Arborhea, spirit of the forest to Rhea, master of matchmaking!”

Mac wanted to to get angry, but instead just sighed. “Thanks for looking out for Marie.”

Rhea nodded, while he noticed Marie blushed a bit as she was reading the paper she held.

As they headed out, Marie set down her papers when she was finished reading them, and headed over to the bed to lay down. Ugh, Mac was rabid yesterday, I'm so sore... she thought, trying not to blush too much as she squirmed on the bed.

Mac, noticing what she was doing, asked, “Are you alright?”

“I...” Hmm...maybe I can... “Could you come over here?”

Mac sat on the bed next to her.

Marie pulled him down, before sidling up next to him, laying her head on his shoulder.

“I'm a bit tired after...well, after last night, so I was hoping I could nap with you,” Marie suggested.

Mac looked at her for a moment, before smiling and nodding, brushing her hair with his hands as she closed her eyes and laid there.

Towards the end of the day, they were nearing Loren, although before they got there, they swung south on a bypass road, before eventually stopping at a large clearing by the side of the road.

Mac opened the door, and stood on the step, looking over the sight before him.

The clearing was filled to the brim with wagons and tents, warriors of every shape and size milling every which way, and dozens of cooking fires strewn about.

This is one of those fantasy world moments...Mac thought, before quickly shaking his head.

“What's wrong?” Marie asked, appearing in the door behind him.

“Nothing, I was just...taking it in.”

Marie nodded, “Yes, it's quite a sight.” She walked down the steps, and looked back up at him. “I'll go ahead and gather everyone needed for council.”

Mac nodded with a smile, “Thanks.”

As Marie walked away, Mac went down the steps as well, only for Captain La Hire to come over to him.

“Err...um...sire?” La Hire asked, not able to look Mac in the eyes.

“Yes?” Mac said, a bit confused.

“Would you...like to inspect the men with me while preparations are made?”

“I don't really know enough to give any pointers though...”

La Hire, back to his normal self now, shook his head. “I think just having you there while I'm examining them will boost morale. You're very well liked amongst the guards.”

Mac nodded and followed after him. The guards were all setting about various tasks, fitting their armor, hammering out kinks, giving swords and spears a try and testing for balance. As Mac walked by, many of the guards gave him big grins along with their salutes. Well, they do seem in good spirits.

Being quite hungry since he had not had a chance to eat, he grabbed a bowl of stew from the soldiers mess tent (which seemed to endear him to them even more) and sat on the steps of his carriage as he ate.

While he was sipping on the broth, he was startled as something landed on his head. Looking up with only his eyes, he saw Rhea sitting there.

“Were you checking out the forest?” he said, not too loudly so as to not grab the attention of any random passerby.

Rhea nodded before fluttering in front of him. “This forest is...sad.”

“Wow, that's pretty menacing coming from you.”

Rhea shrugged, “It's to be expected, there's been so much death and destruction in it recently.”

Mac grimaced. “Well, unfortunately...”

“I know I know. Hopefully after this it can begin the healing process...”

“What do you mean by healing?”

“Well, for starters, you could clean it up a bit...”

Mac thought about how they could possibly do that as he took a bite of his roll. As he was sitting there thinking, Marie appeared in front of him.

“Sire?”

Mac looked at her, “Shouldn't you be...”

“...Mac,” she said with a tinge of a blush. “Everyone is ready.”

“Okay, I guess we-”

He was cut off by Marie's stomach grumbling.

Mac looked at her, before holding out the once-bitten roll.

Marie looked at it, then at him, before snatching it quickly and stuffing it in her mouth.

Leading him to a large tent in the middle of the encampment, Marie held open the tent flap and he went through.

Inside were some familiar faces.

“Aha, son, it's good to see you!” came the boisterous Lord Cartegna, slapping him on the back.

“It's good to see you too, ah...father,” Mac smiled, which received a massive grin back.

“Lord Cartegna will be leading one of the groups. He's the most experienced leader here,” Marie explained.

Lord Cartegna's face took on a more somber expression. “I'm glad you called this, son. These damnable bandits need taken care of once and for all.”

“Captain La Hire will be leading the other.”

La Hire merely gave his textbook salute.

“Lady So-”

Marie was cut off as a tall elven woman stepped in between them. “Ahh, King Mac, it's so good to see you again. Or should I also call you son as well?”

Mac looked up to see the breasts (and face) of Lady Sophia in front of him. “Lady Sophia, it's good to see you as well. I guess I'm technically not yet...”

Lady Sophia wrapped an arm around him, “Semantics, you will be soon enough. You haven't sent Charlotte back to me so I'm assuming you get along fine...”

“Yes, she's doing great. She and Daisy made fast friends.”

Lady Sophia's smiled slipped a bit.

Marie, who's face was twitching in barely controlled anger, continued “Lady Sophia will be in charge of the elven contingent.”

Lady Sophia let got of Mac and took on a more serious tone. “After our agreement, I figured this would be a good first step. No one can say the elves aren't helping.”

“Aye, and the dwarves neither!” came a voice across the room. Lord Harald stepped out, nodding at Mac.

“Lord Harald is leading the dwarf contingent,” Marie explained.

“Good to see you as well. Is that everyone?” Mac asked, turning to Marie.

She nodded, “The rest here are mostly younger nobles, many of whom didn't fight in the last war, and don't have much in the way of experience.”

“They'll get it soon enough...” Lord Cartegna said, looking solemnly down as he pointed.

In the middle of the room, a map of the southern areas of Ositiania was laying on a table. Lord Cartgena put his finger down at a circle on the map. “We're here. These...” he pointed at some 'X's on the map “are bandit encampments our scouts found. It's possible there's more, of course, but these are a good start.”

“What about these?” Mac asked, pointing to a few squares on the map.

“Those are camps with fortifications. I wasn't sure how you wanted us to deal with those, since this is ostensibly supposed to be a cleanup operation, and not preparations for a siege.”

Mac raised an eyebrow. “Like... a castle?”

Lord Cartegna gave a chuckle, “Oh, spirits no, they're mostly either caves with traps set or large farmhouses they built palisades around. Although that's still enough to make an assault on them costly.”

“Can we just...burn them down?” Mac shrugged.

“With them inside?” Lord Cartegna asked, a hint of surprise on his face.

“I mean, I'd rather they die than our soldiers. I want to minimize casualties as much as possible.”

Lord Cartegna nodded. “In that case, we'll prepare the measures to burn down any of the fortified houses. Although the caves will still be a problem.”

“Haha, leave that to us,” Lord Harald laughed, “Ain't no way bandits are going to best dwarves in our normal habitat.”

Lord Cartegna nodded, “That should work.”

Lady Sophia chimed in, “What about the elves? I mostly brought tree-archers since much of the south is forested.”

Lord Cartegna responded “I was going to have you support each of the groups.”

Mac raised his hand, causing them all to turn to look at him.

“Sire?” Lord Cartegna asked.

“I had a different idea for the tree archers. I'd like to have some of them patrolling the edges, making sure none of the bandits escape.”

Lord Cartegna raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure? Part of the strategy was to drive the stragglers farther south and out of the country.”

Mac shook his head, “While that would take care of them on our end, I don't want to start an incident with the neighboring country, blaming us for sending bandits into their territory.”

Marie smiled and nodded in agreement.

Lord Cartegna nodded. “Lady Sophia?”

She nodded back, “That should be doable.”

Having gone over the major plans, they then discussed the minutiae of the campaign, which Mac followed but didn't have much input on, mostly just nodding to say he was fine with their planning.

After a couple hours, Lord Cartegna moved to adjourn. “Anything else you'd like to add, sire?”

Mac shook his head, and they all bowed and left, with Marie and Mac following suit.

As they were heading back, Marie casually asked, “Would you like me to accompany you again tonight?”

Mac almost tripped in surprise. Marie stopped, looking concerned. “Si-, Mac?”

Mac resumed walking, mumbling “You don't need to ask...”

Marie blushed slightly and nodded, following him back to the carriage. Once inside, Mac turned to Marie to see what exactly she was intending, only to be held tightly by her in an embrace.

“Are...are you okay?” Mac asked,

Marie nodded, face buried in his chest. “I just want to hold you for a moment.”

Mac wrapped his arms around her, causing her shoulders to sag as she no longer held them upright. Mac ran his fingers through her hair, “Thanks for working so hard every day.”

Marie looked at him and smiled, “I told you you don't need to drown me-”

“What!? I can't compliment my...future wife?”

Marie blushed hard hearing that, sticking her face back in his chest.

It's like she's... “It's seems like you're more embarrassed by the prospect of marrying then you were about being lovers...”

To Mac's surprise, Marie nodded. “It's easy to make a man sleep with you, but much harder to get them to devote themselves to you. Especially when you're an old widower.”

Mac grimaced, knowing that was probably true in most circumstances in this world. And probably his old one.

“Luckily I think you're the opposite,” she smiled, sliding up and giving him a kiss. “Unconcerned with their past, you fall for any woman that talks nice to you.”

“Hey, that's not true. If it was, I might have ended up in Lady Sophia's carriage right now, instead of with you.”

Taken aback for a second, Marie giggled. “I guess that's true. Maybe I'll need to...show off a bit in front of her tomorrow,” she suggested, slipping away from Mac and over to the bed.

“Please don't cause any trouble just when our relationship with her is improving...” Mac pleaded, following her over.

Marie gave a devious smile, “I'm not going do anything that bad. Just asserting my territory,” she explained. “Now...what would you like to do?”

Mac climbed up behind her, unbuttoning her shirt. Marie giggled as he slid it off her arms. He then reached for her again, grabbing her...shoulders.

What is he doing? Did he....wait, this feels really good.

Mac was rubbing her shoulders, sticking his fingers into her muscles as he massaged her. “It seemed like you were tense, so I figured this might help.”

“Yes, this is very relaxing,” Marie explained, giving a contented sigh.

This lasted a while, until Marie seemed satisfied, so Mac slowly moved his hands off her shoulders and onto her breasts.

“I see you're ready to continue...” Marie said, giving a seductive smile as she turned around to face him.

After going at it three times, Marie laid back down, exhausted. Mac was barely awake next to her, probably more exhausted than she was.

Marie smiled as she looked over at him. I guess we're just going with this until he changes his mind...

In the morning, Mac was awakened by the sounds of anvils and metal clinking. Marie wasn't anywhere to be seen, so he presumed she had already gotten up to oversee the soldiers getting ready.

Washing his face and getting dressed, Mac quickly left to go join, only to see them lining up at the edge of the clearing.

“Ah, there you are son!” came a voice from the side. Lord Cartegna was striding over to him, clad head to toe in armor, his visor up so his face was visible.

“Lord- err, father,” Mac replied with a nod.

Giving a big grin, Lord Cartegna gave him a salute. “If something were to happen, make sure to take care of Eleanor.”

Mac grimaced, “Well, try to be careful, you don't want to fall in battle before you get to see your grandchildren, right?”

Lord Cartegna paused, before laughing, “Haha, that's true, I guess I'll need to make sure I return.” He waved, before striding back to his men.

As he left, Lady Sophia walked up to Mac, followed closely by Lord Harald. “Sire,” she said with a bow, “I already have my archers on patrol. They've taken out a few bandits we found so they can't warn their compatriots.”

Mac nodded, “Excellent.”

Lord Harald stepped up and bowed next, “My dwarves are already marching to the nearest cave. We should be able to clear our the first three today, assuming there are no difficulties.”

Mac waved his hands, “Don't push too hard, the goal is to minimize casualties, so if progress is slower, that's fine.”

Lord Harald gave him a smile and a bow, “Understood, sire.”

Lady Sophia took a step and started to talk, when Mac felt an arm wrap around him from behind. Lady Sophia had a grimace on her face.

“Sire, come see your soldiers off,” Marie said, pulling Mac close as she stopped next to him. While it wasn't overly intimate, it was enough to put off Lady Sophia.

Lord Harald, seeing the interaction, gave a laugh, “Haha, you sure are popular with the ladies, King,” before turning around and walking off.

Lady Sophia bowed again before turning around.

Marie let go as she walked away, whispering to Mac “I think she wanted to have you spend the day with her.”

“Are you sure? She may have wanted to ask something else.”

Marie shook her head, “If it were something else, she wouldn't have backed down so easily.”

Oh...that's probably true.

As they walked over, Captain La Hire shouted at the guards to get in line. “Sire, would you like to say anything?”

“Errr...” Captain La Hire was looking at him expectantly, while Marie smiled and nodded at him. What am I even supposed to say.

Mac walked in front of them, and the guards all got silent. After a few moments of thinking, Mac started, giving a small shout so everyone could hear “While this is an important job, everyone do their best to come back alive, so I can buy you all a round once we're done.”

The soldiers erupted into a big cheer, before starting to march into the forest. Captain La Hire gave a rare smile and nodded, before turning and riding along the troops.

As they left, he turned to Marie. “This feels weird, having them go off to fight and we just stay here.”

Marie raised her eyebrow at him, “What do you mean? We have work, too!”

- Later that day-

Mac sat in the war council tent, going over the reports coming in. Marie sat across from him, also going over reports (and having a finished stack twice as high).

The bandit clearing was so far going well, although with every report he gave a grimace. One casualty. Three casualties. One casualty. Two casualties. It usually wasn't very high, but it hurt nonetheless.

Marie, noticing his expression, asked “Are you alright? You can take a break if you need too.”

Mac shook his head, “No, it's okay.”

Marie seemed unconvinced, but nodded.

I guess more people would die if we just let the bandits keep causing havoc, I'll just keep telling myself that.

After a while, the reports had slowed down, and Captain La Hire came into the tent. “Sire. The immediate area has been secured. We've found a good area to set up a forward operating base, whenever you'd like to move.”

Mac nodded, and he and Marie left so the tent could be packed up.

After getting some dinner, they headed back to the the carriage, and they left soon after to head to their new base of operations.

As they got to the new camp, it was past dusk, and Mac could see campfires strewn about. They had picked this area as it had at one point been a small estate with a wall, so it was easy to defend. The bandits had been using it for just that purpose, until they had been cleared out today.

In one corner, there was a small stack of coffins, causing Mac to grimace again. Shaking his head, he looked around some more, until something else caught his eye.

In one corner of the estate's yard, a small shed was standing, and inside it, and spilling out the entrance, was stacks and stacks of rusty gear. Walking up to it, La Hire followed up behind him, “They must have been collecting all the gear left behind from the last war. There were a lot of battles here, and a lot of the equipment, especially the one's on bodies, just got left behind,” he explained.

Mac nodded. “For extra supplies?”

“No, I doubt even bandits would use rusty gear. They probably planned to sell for scrap metal if they could, or reforge themselves if they have any smiths.”

Hmmm...interesting. “Would this be useful for us?”

La Hire shrugged, “I mean, it'd be nice to have the extra gear, if it wasn't rusty. We could sell it off, or use it ourselves. As is, it's basically junk.”

“Actually, I think we can do something with it. It can wait until we've finished the subjugation, but I have an idea. Make sure we catalog and collect any other equipment we find.”

La Hire didn't say anything for a moment, but then saluted and went off to write down the King's instructions.

In the carriage, Marie was talking with Rhea, who had just returned.

“I don't think there's anything going on,” Rhea said, shaking her head as she floated in front of Marie. “Definitely not as many as us.”

Marie nodded, “That's good. We'll need to keep an eye out as we work our way south, though.”

Rhea saluted, before flying out again.

The door opened, and Mac came back in. “I saw Rhea flying away, how was her report?”

“Everything's fine, although we're still a ways from the border, so we still need to be vigilant.”

Mac nodded, before slumping into a chair.

“Mac,” Marie said, looking at him as he grabbed a drink.

“What? Something else?” Mac asked.

Marie shook her head, before standing behind him. “I was just going to do this,” she said, before putting her hands on his shoulders and starting to massage. “Tell me if it's wrong, I haven't done it before.”

Mac shook his head, “No, it feels nice,” he said, rolling his neck.

After a few minutes, Mac stood up, giving her a kiss for in compensation. “Thanks.”

Marie blushed a bit, “Mac...I'm a little tired after the past couple nights, I don't know if...”

Mac chuckled, “It's not like I'll die if I don't have sex everyday. I'm not really feeling it tonight anyway.”

Marie nodded, before heading to the door.

“Wha-where are you going!?” Mac asked.

Marie looked confused, “I thought we weren't...”

“I didn't mean...we can still sleep in the same bed!” Mac said, incredulous. “In fact, I'd appreciate having someone to hug.”

Marie nodded, walking over and holding out her arms.

Mac was confused, but decided just to walk up and hug her anyway.

After hugging for a minute, they both quickly changed and got into the bed, holding each other again.

“I think I've gotten a bit spoiled,” Mac said, looking at her.

“Well, if you do want me to leave...”

“No, no, I'd rather...”

Marie giggled before holding him tighter. “I don't want to leave either.”

In the morning, the subjugation continued. Instead of a tent, Mac and Marie set up their headquarters in the estate house.

“Why did you request the guards to collect all the arms and armor they find?” Marie asked, confused look on her face as she pointed out the reports. “I mean, it's not like the scrap is completely worthless, but I don't think its worth our time collecting.”

“Yes but aren't completed arms and armor worth quite a bit?”

“Well-made, non-rusty ones are.”

Mac smiled, “I think we can fix that.”

“How are-” Marie paused, thinking. “Is this an Otherworlder thing?”

Mac nodded. “It may not work properly, but if it does, then I'll be able to restore them fairly easily.”

“Well, if you say so. I've sent for more storage wagons to transport it all.”

“Thanks,” Mac replied with a smile, leaning over kissing her cheek, causing her to blush then cough.

“You shouldn't-” she started, before the door opened, and Captain La Hire came in.

“Sire!” he said, giving a salute.

“What's u-I mean....what do you need to report?”

“Lord Cartegna has successfully cleared around half of his area. We also received a report that the camp Lord Harald and Lady Sophia were staying at was attacked, but they repelled them off and killed all their attackers.”

“Are they okay!?”

La Hire nodded, “Yes, both Lord Harald and Lady Sophia are fine. They actually seem to be working in tandem quite well, based on their progress.”

Well that's good at least.

La Hire excused himself and left.

The rest of the day went mostly uneventful, as more sections of the south were cleared (and more gear was collected).

During dinner, Mac sat around a campfire, eating some stew. Marie had already gone to bed, saying she was tired after the long day. Several guards sat around him, chatting amicably.

“Sire, may I join you?” a voice came from behind.

Looking up, Mac saw Captain La Hire. Mac nodded, mouth full of stew, and scooted over on the bench he was sitting on. Swallowing, he responded, “Of course, glad to have someone to talk to.”

La Hire gave a weak smile. “I don't know if I have much interesting to say, though...”

“Well, that's fine, we can just make small-talk. I should get to know my future brother-in-law more anyway. Actually, won't we be double brother-in-law's? Is that even a thing?”

La Hire seemed confused. “Small-talk? And I don't think they differentiate after the first, although it's actually not that uncommon, since marriages offer a chance for the partners siblings to meet and form connections.”

“That makes sense...” Mac responded, nodding in understanding.

“Speaking of which...” La Hire said, averting his eyes. “Are you and Marie...” he started to ask before trailing off.

Mac blushed a bit. “Yes, it's as you're assuming.”

La Hire nodded, still averting his eyes.

“What? Not what you expected?” Mac said, giving a slight chuckle.

“I...well I just didn't expect you to choose an older lover like that, nor your own Magistrate for that matter.”

Mac shrugged, “Well, neither of those bother me. Or, I guess I should say, they don't in Marie's case. Oh, and I didn't choose her or anything, she actually initiated it, and I accepted.”

La Hire choked on the stew he was eating, coughing loudly. Mac slapped him on the back to help.

“Sire...she approached...you?” he finally got out between coughs.

Mac nodded. “Why, is it that surprising?”

“Not so much that a woman would approach you, my lord. Just...her specifically. I've known her since I enlisted with the royal guards, and it's just hard to imagine...”

“I was surprised too, honestly...”

After successfully engaging in some more small talk with La Hire, Mac went back to the carriage. The lantern wasn't lit, and Marie was already asleep in the bed. Doing his best not to wake her, he crawled in behind her, putting his arm around her, before falling asleep.

“...up.”

Mac felt something on his cheek.

“Wake up!” a voice said in his ear.

Mac jumped up in bed.

“Finally, I never thought you were going to wake up.”

Mac looked at the source of the voice, Rhea, who was floating in front of him.

“Why did you...wait, is something wrong?”

Marie was sitting up at this point.

Rhea nodded, “Yes, like you guessed, the other country is amassing troops.”

Marie, instantly going into business mode, asked, “How many were there?”

Rhea closed her eyes, “Um, probably about as many as you have here.”

“So, not including the elves, dwarves, or Lord Cartegna's troops?”

Rhea nodded again, “Yup. And I didn't see any more coming, at least before I came to tell you.”

Marie turned to Mac, “Do you think he's just being cautious?”

Mac shrugged, “I don't know, but I don't really want to take chances. Even if we might win, I don't want to fight right now, especially when we haven't even finished with the bandits yet.”

Marie nodded, “I'll send a messenger for a meeting,” she explained, before heading out the carriage into the night.

Mac patted Rhea, “Thanks for keeping a watch out.”

Rhea laughed, “Hehe, glad I could help,” and flew over and kissed his cheek, before flying into his pocket. “I'm gonna sleep now.”

Since Rhea was getting some (much-earned) shut-eye, Mac sat down at the table and got some water. Now, what to say to the King of Provent...

    • Later that day -

King Ferdinand of Provent crumpled up the paper he was holding. Damnable bastards! How did they know I was mustering troops already? My scouts didn't see any of theirs this side of the river!

Ferdinand turned to his adjutant. “Gabriella, send a reply immediately accepting their offer to meet. And put all our scouts on latrine duty.”

Gabriella saluted, before walking out of the tent.

King Ferdinand looked at the map on the table. His father, the previous King, had invaded Ositania six years ago. After some initial success, they had eventually gotten bogged down, and some of their other neighbors had invaded them, forcing them to retreat. They eventually lost around a third of their country to the other invaders before making peace, and his father had died shortly after.

Probably from the grief of it. His father had seemed like a broken man after the war. Ferdinand had inherited the throne at that point, being the oldest of his siblings.

They must be coming for vengeance, he thought, grimacing. He knew they would be well in their rights to be, after what his father had done. Now, the newly summoned King of Ositania had mobilized troops and was slowly marching south. Why is he going through the forests instead of using the main roads? He didn't hide the mobilization, but maybe he wants to obscure the number of troops they had?

Of course, maybe he could reason with the new King of Ositania. Since he had been summoned only a few months ago, he may not share the hatred of his countrymen. But why else would he have requested a meeting if not to issue him an ultimatum?

He grabbed and re-read the reports he had concerning the summoned King of Ositania. As he did, he hatched upon an idea, a devious grin coming on his face.

Around the same time, Mac and Marie were traveling to the border, a contingent of Royal Guards accompanying them. The rest of the guards and soldiers were still partaking in the bandit subjugation, having moved out of the forest and into the plains near the border.

“Remember, we don't want to come across as hostile, especially since we actually are not hostile, at least at the moment,” Marie lectured.

Mac winced. I know we might need to go to war with Provent eventually, but it would be great if we could avoid it. “So, should I just try and explain everything right away?”

Marie shook her head. “No, let him talk himself out. If he's angry, then he may calm down, and we can explain after. Diplomacy is always easier with cooler heads.”

Mac nodded. He stared a bit at Marie, thinking about a certain topic.

Marie, noticing he was staring at her, blushed slightly and looked up from her papers. “Mac, we can't right now, it's the middle of the day and...”

Mac shook his head. “No, I...are you okay, meeting with the King of Provent?”

Marie sighed, setting down her papers. “I'm not going to burn them to a crisp, if that's what you mean.”

Knowing full well Marie actually could do that, Mac winced. “No, I mean, emotionally....”

Marie got up, walking over and wrapping her arms around Mac. “I appreciate you thinking of me, but I'm fine. I miss my former husband, but I've grieved and moved on. Well, you especially have helped me move on,” she added, reinforcing her words with a kiss to Mac's cheek.

Mac blushed a bit, “Well, as long as you're happy...”

Marie giggled, “Yes, quite.”

They stopped for the night near the border, setting up camp on the top of a hill in the plains they were in. Mac ate around the campfire with everyone again, the mood being merry as the bandit subjugation had been going so well.

As he was drinking, Marie came over. “Sire, could we speak for a moment? I wanted to go over the meeting tomorrow.”

Mac was confused, I thought we already did? Maybe she thought of something else... He nodded, setting down his drink and following her to the carriage.

After they were inside, Marie locked the door, before immediately unbuttoning her top and launching herself at Mac.

“I thought...you wanted...to talk...” Mac barely out, as Marie started passionately kissing him.

“That was just to get you over here. I've been wanting to have at you since you were staring at me earlier.”

They both quickly undressed and got onto the bed. Marie didn't seem to want to mess around, so Mac immediately got on top and went inside her, causing Marie to smile and blush. “Do that thing you normally do...”

Mac raised an eyebrow, unsure what she meant. Marie grabbed his hands and put them on her breasts. Oh...

Mac started squeezing and rotating, causing Marie to start moaning. This got Mac more excited. “I'm already there...”

Marie nodded, wrapping her arms around Mac to pull him in close, as he shook and released inside her.

Panting, they continued making out, barely able to breathe from exhaustion.

“You're so passionate, every time,” Marie said, flopping her head onto a pillow behind her.

Mac rolled off of her, wiping her sweaty hair from her face. “I could say the same for you...”

The next morning, they were getting ready to meet the King of Provent. Mac was wearing one of his nicer looking robes, and Marie was wearing one of her red zipper-dresses, with a deep v-cut that amplified her cleavage.

“Can you zip me up, Mac?” she asked.

Mac walked over and did as she asked, before giving her a kiss.

“Hey, don't get too excited...” she said, although blushing with a smile.

“I'm fine, just wanted to show my thoughts on how good you looked.”

This caused Marie to blush even harder, giving Mac a kiss in return before plopping a crown on his head.

“This isn't the real one, right?” Mac asked, looking up at it.

Marie shook her head, “No, this is just a gold-plated one we have for meetings like this. The real one doesn't leave the palace most of the time.”

“Um...since you're joining me, shouldn't you have one?”

Marie smiled, “I appreciate the thought, but we aren't married yet, so I'm not actually a Queen. Plus, I didn't bring one, since I just wanted to be-”

Mac held up his hand, “But you are going to marry me, right?”

Marie gave him another kiss, “Of course, sire,” she added sarcastically, and then giggled.

As they exited the carriage, they got into a smaller wagon surrounded by guards, and headed to the border.

Mac looked at their surroundings. This part of Ositania was mostly plains and farmland, until it hit the river that served as the border between Ositania and Provent. He could see the bridge they would be meeting on, one of the few crossings between the countries.

As they neared, he could see a small border outpost. The guards gave them a salute as they pulled up. “Captain, the other party has already arrived, they're staying on the bridge as requested.”

La Hire nodded, before relaying the information to Mac and Marie.

Standing on the bridge, King Ferdinand watched as the party-of-two from Ositania walked up to them on the bridge. His party-of-two consisted of himself and his adjutant, Gabriella. Seeing who was accompanying the King, he had to force himself to repress a smile.

As Mac walked up, he took in the two people waiting for them in the middle of the bridge. One was a tall, middle-aged man. He wore a crown on his head, and had a few gray hairs in his hair and beard.

The other was a woman with long golden hair and blue eyes, and wearing a full suit of armor (her helmet was tucked underneath her arm). She looks like a female La Hire! was all he could think.

They stopped ten feet away. “King Ferdinand? I thank you to agreeing for to this meeting.”

“Of course. You must be King Mac? This is my adjutant and niece, Gabriella,” he responded. Gabriella showed no change in emotion and merely saluted.

Yup, definitely a female La Hire. “Good to meet you. This is my Magistrate, and fiance, Marie.”

Marie did an excellent curtsy, before pushing her glasses back up her nose.

King Ferdinand gave a small chuckle. “I had heard rumors you've been collecting all the beauties of Ositania since you're summoning a few months ago. It seems this is true?”

Mac gave a wry smile, “Not all of them, but my wives and fiance's are all very beautiful indeed.”

Marie gave a smile.

King Ferdinand continued, “Well, let's get to today's business...”

“Since you've been summoned recently, I don't know what your thoughts are on Provent,” King Ferdinand asked.

Mac made a nod. “True. I know that your country caused no end of suffering to my country, though. Including some of my partners...”

King Ferdinand only half-supressed a grimace. “I understand, but I'd ask you to reconsider you're invasion. I-”

He stopped as Mac tried to interject, “We don't-” but he stopped when Marie grabbed his arm, giving him a look.

Is she...holding him back? Oh spirits! King Ferdinand coughed, before continuing, “In exchange, I'd like to offer my niece as compensation,” he said, motioning to Gabriella.

Gabriella, who had thus far not said anything, blinked a few times. Then, after a couple moments, turned red and started shouting, “Uncle! What do you mean!? I'm your adjutant!”

King Ferdinand nodded. “Yes, and you've done an excellent job. But you're also past marriageable age. Are you saying you're unhappy marrying a foreign king?”

“That's not the point, I...” she turned red again, glancing at Mac, “I've never even met him before!”

Mac started to say, “I...” but Marie grabbed his arm again.

“We'd like to discuss your offer,” she said, before turning around and walking a ways down the bridge.

“Mac, you realize we have to accept this, right?”

Mac held his head. “I don't want another fiance, I have you and everyone else already!”

Marie blushed a bit, “Yes, and I'm very happy and looking forward to our...wedding...” she got out after a pause. “But this is different. Having a diplomatic hostage like this means they are much less likely to invade in the future. Plus, once you're married, we'd even have a claim to the throne of Provent, if a small one.”

Mac shook his head. “This seems like a misunderstanding though. Isn't he just afraid of an invasion? We're not going to, though!”

Marie shushed him, “I know, but like I said, accepting this would mean they're less likely to invade. And, loathe as I am to say it, it's possible they may even be allies in the future.”

“Would the nobles even accept that? Would you accept that?”

Marie shrugged, “The nobles might balk, but memories fade and hatred dies down. As for me, I can set aside my feelings for the good of the country.”

I really don't like this.

Seeing Mac was still concerned, Marie tried a different tactic. “If you're really that against it, just take her for a couple years, and if the situation changes, we can just send her back.”

“Wouldn't that anger them?”

“If she was, hmm...unsullied... then no. And by what we saw of Gabriella, she would let her kinsmen know if she was.”

“Well, based on her reaction, there's no chance of that happening...” Mac sighed.

Marie smiled. “Of course, you have your hands full with women that actually want to be with you.”

Mac shook his head while holding it again. After a few moments, he relented, “Alright, alright. But I do so only under protest.”

Marie nodded. “Noted. I'll take charge of her, since she might be hostile to you at first.”

Walking back up the bridge, King Ferdinand and Gabriella were standing at the meeting spot already. King Ferdinand looked rather stoic, while Gabriella was positively seething, looking daggers at Mac.

Sheesh, I don't want this either, if I could avoid it. Mac reluctantly affirmed, “We'll accept your offer. I'm assuming you need to to go get your things?” he said, looking at Gabriella.

She didn't respond, merely looking away.

King Ferdinand replied for her. “Yes, please give her a couple hours to grab her things from the camp. The rest of her items will be sent to your palace at a later time.”

Mac nodded, and all of them turned around to head the other way, their business concluded.

Back at the base of the bridge, Marie explained the situation to Captain La Hire and the guards, who gave the usual round of cheering at him whenever he acquired a new woman. Of course, he wasn't enthusiastic about it this time.

Waiting around while Gabriella was preparing, Mac sat in the carriage drinking with Marie. Actually drinking, as Marie had uncorked a new strawberry wine bottle. It was still only mid-day, but the events on the bridge had made Mac upset enough to agree when Marie offered him some.

“This is what...” Mac was counting on his fingers. “The ninth? I can't handle this many.”

Marie giggled. “I hope you can. You might even need more in the future. What about when everyone is like me and can no longer have children?”

Mac shook his head, taking another swig of wine. “Then I can enjoy my time with everyone in peace...”

Marie held him with her arms from behind. “I'm glad to hear you say that, but it's way too early to even think about such a thing.”

Mac sat down his glass, standing up and kissing Marie, who reciprocated. He then escalated further and grabbed her butt.

Marie smiled and blushed, “Stop it! We can't...not when Gabriella is coming soon.”

Mac shook his head, “So?”

“Shouldn't you be with her instead?”

Mac angrily shook his head, “No, I don't want to and she'd probably try to break my neck anyway. I'd much rather spend it with you...” he added, kissing her neck.

Marie blushed again, “I just meant talking with her...not...well, maybe we can do something quickly...” she said, pulling off Mac's pants.

Mac pulled down her dress, grabbed her waist as he rubbed his member on Marie's crotch.

Smiling seductively, she added, “You have to take them off first...” before doing so.

Mac sat her up on the bed, slipping his shaft into her as she cried out in pleasure. Unhooking her bra, he started rubbing her breasts as he rapidly thrusted into her. Going quicker and quicker, he finished inside, holding her tightly as he emptied himself.

Marie gave him a kiss as she also held him tight. “I'm sad I have to share you again once we get back.”

Mac smiled wryly, “Sorry, I...”

He stopped as a hard knock came at the door. Hard enough the door shook on it's hinges.

Eyes going wide, they both rushed to put their clothes on, while another knock came at the door.

Marie got dressed quicker, and opened the door.

“I'm here,” said a stern voice. Mac walked over to see Gabriella standing there in a white dress. A wagon stood behind her, filled with a couple chests and and her suit of armor. He sword was still at her hip, despite the dress. She then walked down the steps and back to her horse, untying it from the carriage.

Marie asked, “Are you not joining us in the royal carriage?”

“I refuse,” she simply said.

Marie seemed like she was going to be angry, so Mac grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the carriage.

“What are you...” she started, before Mac started making out with her.

“I didn't want her in here anyway, she would just ruin our mood...” Mac explained.

Marie seemed like she was going to protest, but stopped when she saw how excited Mac already was, and just sighed with a smile and took her dress off again.

Gabriella sat in the camp, keeping her distance from everyone. One hand held her sword hilt, while the other was petting her horse, Gale.

This is ridiculous. What is mom going to say? she thought. Actually, mom will probably be happy I'm finally being married off and no longer in the guard...

Looking around, most the guards seemed fairly lively, despite the fact they were no longer going to war. One, a male who also had blonde hair and blue eyes like herself, she could see was keeping an eye on her, if from a distance.

Ignoring him, she thought of her uncle's words to her while she packed, “Gab, I know you're not thrilled, but this is necessary for the Kingdom. We can't afford a war with Ostiania after losing all that territory. Just...seduce him. Marry him. Do whatever you need to in order to keep him away from us.

Gabriella felt like crying, but held it back. Soldiers shouldn't cry, and she was a soldier.

To distract herself, she looked back at the royal carriage. The King of Ositania had simply ignored her and went back into his carriage with his fiance when she refused to enter.

Are they talking about me? Maybe scheming to a way to catch me off guard? She knew the King would try to force himself on her eventually. Her uncle had said he had a reputation for being a lecher and womanizer. Wait...is he forcing himself on his fiance since I rejected him? Poor woman...

Marie enthusiastically got on top of Mac, inserting his member into her as he thrusted up into her, sliding his shaft in and out in an increasing tempo.

“Sorry, I'm already about to lose it...” Mac said, thrusting up and emptying into her.

Marie barely suppressed a loud moan as she felt Mac hitting inside her, before falling on top of him breasts first.

Slowly and passionately kissing, Marie rolled off of him and onto the bed, arm above her head. “Oh Mac, this is incredible. I love...” she paused, blushing and stopping.

Mac smiled, “It's okay, I love you too. Even if it took a weird path, I'm glad our relationship ended up here.”

Marie teared up a bit, holding Mac close, their sweaty bodies pressed tightly together.

Mac woke up, noticing the carriage was moving. Looking around, it was dark, and he and Marie were still naked, on the bed together.

“Hehe, you finally up?” came a voice, and the only source of light in the carriage.

“Rhea, what...” Mac stopped to take account of his surroundings. “Are we heading back?”

Rhea nodded, “Yeah, they asked if you wanted dinner a while ago, but you two were conked out. How much are you two going to do it on this trip!?”

Mac blushed a bit, “Sorry, it's been very...emotional...”

Rhea giggled, “Hehe, it doesn't bother me, I'm happy you both are happy. Are you gonna wake her up?”

Mac shook his head, “No, Marie's worked hard, she can sleep more if she wants.”

Mac put on his undergarment, and walked to the window, opening it a crack. “I'm surprised we're traveling by night.”

“It's not that late yet, even if its dark. It's probably another hour to your camp,” Rhea explained.

“Yeah but normally it's dangerous.”

Rhea shrugged, “You cleaned out all the bandits around here, so it should be fine.”

Mac smiled, “You know, you're always helpful to have around.”

Rhea blushed slightly, “Aww, shucks,” and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Hovering in front of him, she asked, “Say, that other girl, is she supposed to be one of your fiance's?”

Mac groaned, “Supposed to be, but I don't think she wants too, and to be frank, I don't either.”

Rhea nodded, “I felt some weird animosity from her. Well, from you too, although not as strong.”

“It's not necessarily her just...oh, make her an exception, I don't want her to see you.”

Rhea nodded, “Yeah I already wasn't going to. Well, actually, she can't since she hasn't accepted being your partner anyway.”

Mac raised an eyebrow, “Oh, well that's sure convenient.”

Relaxing on his head, Rhea laid down for a snooze. “I've been flying around so much lately, I need to recharge...”

“I thought you recharged in the trees?”

“Mac..works...too...” she got out, before starting to snore, the cartoon bubble reappearing.

Giving her a small stroke, Mac sat down at the table. There was just a dash of the wine left, so he poured it in and took a sip. This is really good...

The next day, the different subjugation squads were filtering in at Mac's base of operations. They had successfully cleared out all the bandit strongholds, and the elven scouts were reporting they could no longer find any bandit groups.

Mac was entering the estate house to convene a meeting with the other squad leaders. As he entered, he noticed Lady Sophia and Lord Harald already there, sitting at a table, talking jovially.

“Haha, for real? She sounds like a dwarf, working with metal like that,” Lord Harald said.

“Yes, it's no surprise she's getting along well with the royal dwarfsmith-fiance,” Lady Sophia explained.

That's...surprising. I guess it's good to see them getting along though.

They both got up to bow as Mac entered, but he motioned to them to be at ease, so they sat back down. Mac grabbed some water and joined them.

“Of course, King Mac seems unable to keep his hands off the women around him. Well, most of the women,” she added, giving a wry smile.

“About that, I-...” Mac started, before the door opened. Marie came in, wearing her normal pantsuit, though a bit disheveled. It looks like she had gotten ready in a rush.

“Have you been enjoying the company of your Magistrate?” Lady Sophia.

Marie blushed, looking away.

Mac, deciding to get a playful jab in, added “Yes, actually. So much so I decided to make her one of my Queen's as well.”

Lady Sophia and Marie's jaws dropped, while Lord Harald started laughing uproariously. “Good man, no sense letting-”

But Mac didn't get to hear what he shouldn't let them do as the door opened again, this time Lord Cartegna entering. “I say, who is that beautiful lass you brought along sire? A dour look on her, though, and a bit young for my tastes, of course.”

Mac was about to comment about her being younger than his daughter, but then remembered Eleanor had once said her father enjoyed the company of some of his older maids.

Shaking his head to clear it of that thought, Mac explained. “Yes, about that...” and explained the events of the past two days

“So Provent thought we were invading, eh? Not that I wouldn't love to give them a good thrashing, but right now...”

Marie nodded, “Yes, and they apparently are thinking the same.”

Lord Harald laughed, “Haha, well, no war and you got another woman out of it.”

Mac was about to comment, but decided against it. I guess I don't need to say anything about the situation yet.

Marie looked at him stopping himself, and gave a silent 'phew'.

“Well, I think we can adjourn the bandit subjugation then. We've cleared every nook and cranny of the south. Any that may have gotten past the elves are surely in Provent, so that's there problem now.”

Well, according to Rhea, that shouldn't be any, but I won't tell them that...

Marie nodded. “I agree. We need to start transporting these arms back, too.”

Leaving the campsite, instead of going back towards Loren, they headed straight back to the capital. Gabriella continued to ignore them, riding on her horse and pulling her wagon along.

Traveling for the next day and a half, they reached the capital (although some of the wagons laden with the gathered arms and armor were well behind them so they didn't overexert their horses).

Gabriella looked out at the city as they neared it. According to Uncle, they laid siege to this city for a year but couldn't take it. She shook her head, If they hadn't failed, I wouldn't be in this predicament.

Going through the city itself, it didn't seem much different than the capital of Provent, except maybe a few more people.

Eventually, they left through the city, the royal palace in sight at the end of a winding road. As they entered through the gate, some of the guards gave her sidelong glances, but said and did nothing.

As they parked in the front yard, she stopped her horse, jumping off the wagon and petting Gale, waiting to be directed.

She looked on at the royal carriage. After a few moments, the door opened, and the King walked out, only to be mobbed by gaggle of women. Several beauties (including a couple that she had to admit were probably more beautiful than herself), a cat-human, a rabbit-human, an elf, and even a dwarf.

What in the damn Stone is going on? Are those really all his women? She looked as they each individually gave him a kiss (some more...intense than the others). Is he as lascivious as the rumors say? But then why did he not attempt lay a hand on me? She looked down at herself, then over at the the woman. I have to compare favorably, right? I mean, I'd cut off his hand if he tried, but...

She stopped as she saw them talking, and moving into the castle. What are..wait, did they forget about me!?

Mac and his partners (and Rhea) moved into the council chamber at his behest.

“What's wrong Mac? Did something happen? Does it have to do-” Melissandra asked.

Mac held up his hand, “I'll explain” he said. Pausing for a moment, he started “I'm-”

“I'm sorry!” Marie said, bowing deeply .

“What's wrong?” Emma asked, confused. Daisy and Charlotte also seemed confused, although the others all seemed to grasp what she was about to say, based on the atmosphere.

Marie blushed, “I...well, I seduced Mac. I'm sorry for betraying your-”

Mac butted in, “Wait, why are you apologizing? I'm the one who betrayed everyone's trust by accepting.”

All of them understood now (even Charlotte, who was blushing).

Melissandra asked, “Hold on, hold on, can you just explain things one step at a time. I think I understand what happened, but I would like the full picture...”

Marie explained the events that led up to them sleeping together, with Mac jumping in occasionally when he was involved.

“I'm so sorry, I should have conversed with you all first, I don't know how-”

Melissandra sighed, “I don't think either of you need to apologize. No one's going to get upset about you marrying Marie of all people. To be honest, I'm quite happy.”

The others nodded in agreement. “Everyone likes Marie,” Emma added.

“I actually thought about suggesting it to Marie myself, but didn't know how she felt...” Eleanor added.

“Hehe, Aunty Rhea's got you covered!” and flashed a thumbs up.

Mac was a bit despondent. “So...you aren't mad?”

They all shook their heads.

“If it had been someone besides Marie, like that other women you brought, then I might have been,” Melissandra explained. “Who is she, by the way?”

Mac and Marie looked at each other. “Shoot!” Marie said, rushing out of the chamber.

Mac stayed behind and explained that portion of their trip.

“She doesn't sound too enthused, nyahaha,” Kay said, laughing a bit at the story.

“No, and I don't intend on forcing anything. To be honest I'd rather just stick with who I have,” he added, garnering a smattering of blushes.

Suddenly, his stomach growled loudly. “Sorry, I didn't eat at all today.”

Leaving the council chamber and heading to the royal dining room, they started eating, joined partway through by Marie.

Eleanor gave her a hug, “It's nice having you eat with us now.”

Marie blushed a bit and nodded. The maids, who hadn't received the news yet, looked in astonishment, not sure how to react.

That night, Mac's rotation was starting up again, with Melissandra joining him. As they entered into her room together, Melissandra started making out with him.

“I missed you so much,” she said, before continuing.

Mac half-heartedly reciprocated, not fully into it.

Melissandra stopped. “What's wrong? Are you upset about...my body?” she asked, holding a hand to her baby bump. She was still wearing her normal dresses, which made the bump very pronounced, even if it wasn't large yet.

Mac shook his head, “You know that isn't true.”

Melissandra continued, “Are you still feeling bad about earlier? I told you I'm not upset, and no one else seemed to be either.”

Mac sat down on the bed. “I know, but I still feel bad.”

Melissandra sat next to him, holding his shoulders. “Why though? Everyone seems happy with the outcome.”

“Yes, but...” Mac trailed off.

Melissandra frowned, “Your mind is so complicated sometimes.”

Mac chuckled a bit, “I guess so...”

Melissandra thought for a bit. “Look, if you really feel bad, just make it doesn't happen again, okay? I mean, there aren't many women close to you like Marie anyway, so it shouldn't, right?”

Mac nodded, “That's true.”

“And if you're really sorry, you can show me how much you love me right now,” Melissandra said, standing up and slipping off her dress.

Seemingly accepting this course of action, Mac stood up and started kissing her, taking off her undergarments as she took off his.

“Are you feeling okay today?” Mac asked, gently pulling Melissandra onto the bed.

Melissandra nodded, “Yes, I've actually been feeling fine the past couple days. Besides, you know, my stomach growing a bit...” she giggled.

Despite what she said, Mac took great care to slowly insert himself into her, causing Melissandra to giggle again in pleasure.

“Why are you so giggley today?” Mac asked, smiling as he slowly thrusted.

“I'm just glad to have my husband back with me,” Melissandra explained, pulling him close and kissing him.

After a few minutes of careful thrusting, he felt himself coming, releasing inside her.

Falling over beside her, Melissandra pushed the sweaty hair out of his eyes, and gave him another kiss. “Are you okay to keep going? I don't know how much you and Marie-”

Melissandra got her answer as Mac started making out with her again, his erect shaft signaling he was ready to continue.

After a few times more, Melissandra held Mac tightly as she fell asleep. Mac, feeling exhausted himself, kissed Melissandra on the cheek. I definitely gotta make sure I don't disappoint any of you. With a renewed sense of purpose, Mac fell asleep.

Side Stories

Convincing Mac

A couple days before the bandit subjugation was set to begin, Marie and Rhea were sitting in Marie's office, discussing their strategy.

“Why are you waiting until the trip? You've been exercising for a while now, and you're look great!” Rhea said, giving her a thumbs up.

Marie blushed a bit, “I...I can't jump in between him and his partners. If he's alone on this trip, with none of his partners, he might accept...”

Rhea floated around her, seemingly deep in thought. “So you still think there's a chance he won't accept?”

Marie nodded. “He is very devoted to his partners, so taking a lover for him is...not something he'd normally do.”

“But you're going to try anyway?”

“Yes,” Marie responded, but blushing even further.

“Hmmm, I'm gonna help you out then!”

Marie smiled at her, “Thanks, but...what did you have in mind?”

Rhea rubbed her hands together, giving a devious grin. “We just need to set the mood...”

Camp Attack

During the bandit subjugation, in another camp in the forest, Lord Harald and Lady Sophia were discussing the subjugation.

“We could have cleared out more area if your dwarves hadn't been so slow,” Sophia complained.

“Well, sor-ry Miss Elf, dwarves can't jump along tree branches. Besides, you need us if there's any caves or buildings to clear,” Lord Harald said, rolling his eyes.

It was after dinner, and they were going over the map of the area they were in, planning out where to go the next day.

“Sire trusted us to clear this area out ourselves,” Lady Sophia explained.

“Aye, and he also said to minimize casualties as much as possible,” Lord Harald snipped back.

“...I guess that's true,” she said with a sigh.

“What're you trying to impress him so much anyway? Ain't one of you daughters already engaged to him?” he chuckled.

“So? I...” Sophia started to explain, before a ruckus and yelling surrounded them.

“It's an attack! From the north and west!” came a shout.

“We're being attacked at camp? By bandits?” Sophia asked.

Lord Harald grabbed his axe that was sitting behind him and nodded, “Some of the bandits are former soldiers. They ain't stupid, they're trying to take us out at night. Or at least scare us off,” before walking through the tent flap.

Sophia followed, only to be stopped right outside as Lord Harald held back a large bear-human bandit, growling as he tried to hammer him. She reached under her dress and grabbed a knife, throwing it at the bandit and hitting him right between the eyes, causing him to fall back as Lord Harald pushed him off.

Lord Harald nodded, breathing heavily. “Never thought I'd say it to an elf, but thanks.”

Lady Sophia smiled, “I'm glad you walked out first...” she said, before a bandit charged at her. Lord Harald pushed her out of the way and jumped in front, parrying him with his axe, before cleaving into his side. Holding out his hand for Lady Sophia, he helped her back to her feet.

“Um, I guess I need to thank you as well,” Sophia said with a nod, before lifting up her dress and grabbing another knife.

After fighting off a few more bandits, the attack seemed to have mostly subsided. After checking in with their staff and restoring order, they retreated back to the planning tent.

Sitting down and taking off his helmet, Lord Harald wiped the sweat off his brow. “Damnable bastards. At least this saves the trouble of us finding them...”

Sophia also sat down, sweating profusely as her dress stuck to her. “I hate to admit it, but I'm glad you were here, those bandits would have easily overwhelmed me.”

Lord Harald was taken aback at the compliment, but then smiled and laughed, “Haha, well, you helped me out too, throwing you knives every which way, so how about's we're even?”

Sophia smiled back, “I think we can go with that.”

 

[AN: Hope you all like the new chapter!  I've been writing 'Normal guy' like a maid hopped up on red bull the last few weeks.  I've got more storyboarded that needs written out, edited, etc., so more is on the way :) ]

18