Chapter 17 | Plan Executed~
190 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, it's regarding what is going to happen tomorrow.“ (Ian)

“What about it? I am not related to anything related to Demons or whatever. So, even if they do that scan or whatever, it won't matter.“ (Airu)

“You are... naive, Airu.“ (Ian)

“I agree too.” (Luna)

(What the!? They are ganging up on me now!)

“What am I so naive about?“ (Airu)

“You do know how they changed the whole story right?“ (Ian)

“Yes.“ (Airu)

“Well I don't really know the original story myself, but basically they want you mostly dead after the Heathens abandoned you.“

“Those people!“ (Luna) 

Luna was now in a really bad mood. It looked like she could kill somebody with just a glance. 

“Why? And what if the Heathens didn't abandon me?“

“You see, you are still a stain to the hero's name. If you reveal your side of the story to somebody of a higher official within an empire that has trust in you, the Hero's reputation will basically be... in the gutter. If the Heathens did not abandon you, then they wouldn't have thought of getting rid of you. At most, they would just threaten the Heathens and tell them to keep your mouth shut with some bargaining chips with them being in the higher position. But since you got abandoned, they don't see the need of keeping you 'Alive'.“ (Ian)

“Basically, most officials want Dulan's (strongest empire) hero to succeed. Why though?“ (Airu)

“Probably because he has shown the greatest progress. He had an early class awakening ceremony due to how strong he was as a kid. I heard from my maid, that I might be placed in a political marriage with him just to connect the two empires.“ (Luna)

Now, I didn't feel good about this. I already knew a lot of the things from Korsel's memories. And it just felt like a bee sting. I don't even wanna imagine... her not being beside me. 

“Yes, Miss Luna. You are kind of right. He has shown the most potential in the last 100 years. But recently, the demons' activities have increased. It is possible that the Demon God is nearing his awakening. So the higher-ups want to accelerate the growth of the Hero for this.“ (Ian)

“So... He basically has the support of everything around him? Even all the church?“ (Luna)

“Well, not all the churches but out of the 5 churches, 3 already decided to support him. The Virtue, The Sealing, and The Light. The other two churches are currently neutral toward the Hero. But eventually will support him.“ (Ian)

So that's why Father told me to run away? Is it possible...

“The church of Ocean won't support him. At least as much as I know until I don't accept him, they won't too.“ (Luna)

“Was that why they sent you to the academy?“ (Ian)

“Yes, and I'm intending to graduate this year and leave with Ai.” (Luna)

“??? Leave with Ai? Airu... you... do you intend to leave?“ (Ian)

“Yes. I have fulfilled my goal and since I was disowned I was thinking of leaving but stayed due to... well, Luna.“ (Airu)

“... So you don't intend to graduate?“ (Ian)

“No. That certificate is certainly useful but not in my case. It's just a piece of paper that holds no meaning to me.“ (Airu)

“Haaah... Alright. So, what do you intend to do tomorrow?“ (Ian)

After thinking for a bit, I finally found an answer.

“I don't know. I will find the solution there.” (Airu)

““...“”

“You... The headmaster is a peak supreme stage natural mage nearing his breakthrough and the officials are all above mid-stage super mages. Let's not forget the Cardinal of the Virtue Church. He himself is a peak Supreme stage mage. Do you think you can easily make a fool out of them? Also, they might make this public but it's yet to be confirmed.“

“So... They intend to pressure me by making it public, huh? As for if I can make a fool out of them, you will know when you see.“ (Airu)

“... You—” (Ian)

“I have a plan.” (Luna)

“”What is it?””

“Well, I can't say it to Sir Ian though.“ (Luna)

“Ehh?” (Ian)

“...Is it related to 'that'?” (Airu)

“Yes.“ (Luna)

... 

It seems like she wants to use my power?

“Yeah, sorry.“ (Airu)

“Well, don't worry. You will see it in action tomorrow. (Luna)

“... Then goodbye for now. I will see you guys tomorrow.” (Ian)

We both greeted him off and Luna instantly asked me the question she was bothered about.

“Why does Korsel know about me, Ai?” 

“I think it's better to just show you.“ 

“Hmm?“

Luna gave me a questioning gaze and I started getting closer to her. Close enough to hug her. She was blushing a bit but I didn't mind that and put 2 of my fingers on her forehead and activated 'Knowledge Creator' (Previously known as knowledge input but it evolved). 

“Lean on me if you feel uncomfortable, okay?“

“Huh? O-okay?“

And I selected all the game memories and a few memories about Korsel and his intentions. She seemed to get a bit dizzy and leaned on me. I gently hugged her and let her process all the memories.

“... H-how is that possible? Somebody saw us in the future? N-no, did somebody make us? Is someone... manipulating us?“

She seemed to be getting panic attacks. Maybe that's the normal reaction. But I became way too numb for that.

“Clam down Luna. We aren't being manipulated and nobody made us for a story. And we are the live proof of it, okay? So, calm down.“

“... Haah... Yes. We are the live proof. You are right.“

“You previously tried checking my memories, right?“

“You knew?“

“Yeah, don't worry about it. But don't ever do that again. Not on me or anybody. Checking one's memory is more damaging than you can imagine. So, don't do it unless necessary, okay?“

“Okay, I promise.“

She replied to me with a smile. Honestly, I wanted to hug her right now. But... we had work at hand. 

“So, what is the plan?“

“Hehehe~ you will be surprised for sure.“

============

It was the next morning right now. 10 o'clock to be exact. It seems like they want to show this to the public as they called me into the middle building's main hall. 

Luna left yesterday after a bit more thorough discussion and well the plan she came up with was dangerous (not for me) and also uniquely effective. I didn't meet up with her today because it seems like some people are already keeping me on the tab from the morning. Maybe so that I don't run away? Well doesn't matter. 

I headed towards my destination. As I was on the hallway of the main hall, every student was looking at me. Some with disgust, some with pity, some with a smile, and some with malice. But they are gonna get one hell of a slap here.

The main hall was big. It was actually much bigger than the whole academy building. They used 'Void Magic' on every part of all the buildings to make them bigger. The room was like an auditorium. There were thousands of students there already and I can also sense some people on the upper floors. They are probably from higher noble families trying to watch the show. 

I headed to the stage and also saw the headmaster and an older guy wearing church clothes. 

(So, he is the cardinal? He is weaker than the headmaster though.)

As soon I stepped on the stage, those both standing in the corner came to the middle of the stage. And they started announcing,

“Today we stand in this hall, to check if one of our students, Airu, is associated with any demonic energy.“

*Murmurs*

“Regarding the scan, the Cardinal of the Virtue Church, Sir Lopa will be responsible and I, Grikl Hosé will stand as the witness.“

After saying all that, the headmaster stood back and the cardinal went to the front to say something.

“I am Lopa Collis, today I will be conducting the scan. I hope that nothing goes wrong. Now, student Airu come here.“

... Wow. What's up with those sadistic expressions? It seems like what Sir Ian said is true. It seems like I can't hide anymore. Well, not like I intended to hide in the first place. I went towards them slowly and stood before him. His mana was already in process for a spell but-

“Wait.” (Airu)

““...“” 

Lopa's spell was halted as he gave me a dissatisfied look.

“What is it, student Airu?“ (Lopa)

“Did I say I am willing to be conducted by the scan?“ (Airu)

“... What are you saying? Do you not understand? Even if you do not wish for it, within the all the Empires region even a forceful scan will be conducted if necessary.“ (Lopa)

Lopa gave me a grim look as he said all this. He wasn't quick to catch on. But it seems like the headmaster did catch on.

“You see this rule only applies to the Nobles. And currently, I'm not a noble. I'm a commoner, just like those on the street. So, you don't have any kind of permission or even a rule over me to continue this scan.“ (Airu)

““...“”

Everyone looked stupefied at this statement. Beside one, that was Luna. She was the one that knew all this. 

“You!“ (Lopa)

“Don't say anything stupid, Sir Lopa” (Grikl)

It seems like the headmaster understood what was happening. But this dumb bitch didn't. 

“So, you are saying you are associated with demons by not allowing me to scan?“ (Lopa)

... He fell for it.

“Now now now. That is just plain wrong. Rather than accusing me of this, shouldn't you try to actually bring a 'solid' proof besides some idiot's statement?“ (Airu)

This was the plan by Luna. According to all the rules of all empires, yes, you can conduct even a forceful scan but that is if you have a 'solid' proof. A simple statement from a single person cannot be held on as a solid proof. Even if that person is the hero. And this rule applies more like 1/5th to a commoner as they are even more likely to bring destruction to an empire. They basically held commoners as idiots. And this idiotic perspective is what will bring this plan to act. 

“”...“” 

'Now that he says it, it is true.'

'Yeah, even if he is a bastard you cannot do a forceful scan if you do not have solid evidence.'

'What are they going to do?'

'I don't know.'

'Are they going to do it by brute force?'

'No, they can't. If they did and don't find any demonic residue then the person that forcefully did it will be executed with the exception of the Kings and Emperors.'

It seems like the audience understood that they had no solid plan. Honestly, if this was done in private then it would have been way less effective. So, I'm glad that they are so dumb. 

“... You. Haaah... So, do you have any condition?“ (Grikl)

The headmaster understood. And as I was going to say my conditions, somebody interrupted me. 

“You don't have to listen to him, Honorary Cardinal and Headmaster!“ 

It seems to be the hero's harem members. The one who interrupted me was Marine Hosé. With her, I could see Arma Cicile, Rose Valt, Lilia Margaret, and two other girls.

“We witnessed his use of demonic energy too. Isn't that right girls?” (Marine)

“”Yeah.““ (Arma, Rose, and two others.)

Lilia didn't agree with them. She just stayed silent with a complicated look. And Luna from the crowd was giving them a death glare. 

“Really?“ (Lopa)

“”Yes.”” (The Harem beside Lilia)

“Now what do you want to say stu—” (Lopa)

“And when did you guys see it?” (Airu)

I interrupted Lopa. These girls are really brain-dead. Either they think they are really smart or they have the confidence that I won't refute like before. 

“You! We saw it in the forest!“ (Marine)

“When?“ (Airu)

“When you fought with the demon, right girls?” (Marine)

““Y-yes.“” (The harem)

The headmaster looked at them stupidly. He understood again where I was getting at. He is good at this.

“So, are you saying that the headmaster is stupid?“ (Airu)

“What!? When did we say that!?“ (Marine)

“The statement you just said meant that I kept demonic mana activated while I was fighting the demon. The headmaster arrived right after 30 seconds after I killed it. And demonic mana is known for leaving a lasting residue. So, your statement just meant that the headmaster was that immature enough to not check us both.“

“W-what?“ (Marine)

“Now headmaster, say, did you check us both when you arrived there?“ (Airu)

“... I did” (Grikl)

“And did you find any demonic residue left in my body or around my body beside the demon's?“

“...No.“ (Grikl)

“Now, that meant that these 5 here just tried to lie here, at a judgemental, moment.“ (Airu)

“”...“” 

The whole crowd went silent. And Luna also looked at me proudly. Why though? 

“Now, what at their offense what is their punishment, headmaster?” (Airu)

“... The liars at any judgmental scene will be executed if commoners and a noble will be stripped of their noble status and will be imprisoned for 10 years... Unless the subject towards whom the lies were directed towards forgives them...“ (Grikl)

“Now, what should I do?“ (Airu)

“You all ask for forgiveness right this instance unless you all want to be imprisoned!“ (Grikl)

This headmaster is smart. Well, maybe it's due to his granddaughter, Marine Hosé. 

“B-but Gran—” (Marine)

“Apologize!“ (Grikl)

“”... W-we are sorry.“” (The 5 harem)

I slowly whispered- 

'Beg for it.' (Airu)

“You!!! Don't go beyond your—” (Marine)

“Do it!“ (Grikl)

At this, Marine looked at her, oh-so-dear grandpa with a face like she was going to cry. The headmaster was also sweating profoundly. 

“”W-we... beg for you forgiveness. Please forgive us.”” (The 5 Harem)

The hero and headmaster couldn't face them anymore. It was because of them that this was happening. But thanks to these 5 brain dead girls the plan will succeed more thoroughly. The whole audience was silent. Honestly, they probably don't have the courage to do say anything about it.

“Now, why should I forgive you?” (Airu)

“You... You sai—” (Marine)

“I didn't say I'll forgive you though.” (Airu)

“What do you want student Airu? If it is within my hold I will try to complete it. For it forgive them, they are still kids.“ (Grikl)

“Am I not a kid in your eyes then?“ (Airu)

“...“ (Grikl)

“Haah... Forget it. I do have 'something' I want you to do?“ (Airu)

“What is it?“ (Grikl)

Well, he agreed quickly. But not like he has any choice. His granddaughter is at my mercy after all. 

“Simple, tell the 'whole' truth.” (Airu)

“”...“”

“What? I am not telling you to reveal all your plans and stuff. Just tell them all the truth that you guys covered by fabricating lies.“ (Airu)

“T-this...“ (Lopa)

The cardinal looked at the headmaster anxiously. He knew that the headmaster, couldn't abandon his dear granddaughter. 

“... Alright.“ (Grikl)

“Grikl! You absolutely can't! The hero—” (Lopa) 

“The hero this and the hero that. If he is that good then let him build his own reputation. I held it in till now because of all the Empires. But I don't care anymore if it has something to do with my granddaughter.“ (Grikl)

Oooo~ would you look at that? What a brave speech. He then later proceeded to unfold the truth regarding the incident.

TBC-

_______________

Note: The oh-so 'scan' is something like a police search. You are not always obliged to do it if they don't have solid proof against you.

This chapter was really manipulative. This actually made him look like a villain. Well, that was what I intended anyway. 

The next chapter is going to be sugar loaded. I hope you guys like this approach instead of me skipping it.

10