Chapter 20 |Duel & Certain Past
172 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 days after Lunas depart, I was currently sitting in the classroom. I was on alert all time for the past few days. Even though I didn't keep my first limiter off, I can still search thousands of miles. 

Currently, it was a break period. Now that I think about it... 

(I was always with Luna these 1 and a half months, huh?)

I was currently standing near the main gate of the first building. I intended to buy lunch from outside. As I was gonna step outside the gate, I sensed it. An aura was flying toward the academy. It was somebody on the verge of being a God Stage. It was Karvin Krawel.

It seems like I wasn't the only one who noticed it. The headmaster and also the cardinal was now emitting mana to build a shield around the building. Even though skill usage wasn't allowed in the academy due to the barriers, some people can still use it. One is by holding an authority card that allows you to use a skill and another one is by literally brute-forcing the skill out. 

The academy barriers started ringing. It was indicating that somebody broke through the barrier of authority. The headmaster and the cardinal were now near the main gate of the first building floating above. Everyone looked at the sky and saw a massive green star approaching. The green star was now almost at the barriers made by the two supreme stage mages. And, he just broke through it and landed on the ground. Due to the barriers, the impact was reduced. So, no damage was done to the surroundings. 

“Sir Krawel! No matter how impatient you maybe you cannot break through the barriers with that much force!“ (Grikl/Headmaster)

“Yes. Haah haah haah... Building a barrier that massive in such a short amount of time took a massive toll on me. Haah haah haah.“ (Lopa)

“Where is the little bastard that humiliated my disciple?“ (Karvin)

“Sir Krawel, he—” (Grikl)

“Here.“ (Airu)

I slightly called out in a louder tone to get their attention. And... the result was... that he was charging an aura blade to throw at me. 

(I definitely can't block that with the 1st limiter on.)

I released my first limiter and the aura-floating aura blade was now near me. I extended my energy and formed a thin yet solid layer of energy on my left arm. And-

*BOOM!*

A large explosion rang around my spot. Everyone looked at the dust cloud and was shocked to say anything. 

“”...“”

“Hmm. I guess you have some talents. Being able to block that strike is already dece—” (Karvin)

*BOOM!*

I also repaid the favor. Another explosion sound went around him. For the second time, everyone was shocked. 

“Pretty decent if I may say so.“ (Karvin)

“I know.“ (Airu)

“To be able to utilize mana to that degree inside the barriers and even launch a mana-condensed blade toward me is already an incredible feat. But your arrogant attitude will make you fall one day, brat.“ (Karvin)

“I don't want you to tell me that. The fact that you were even involved in a children's fight just shows how immature you are.“ (Airu)

I didn't intend to sit and do nothing. I fought back with words. 

“Hahahahahahaha... Brat, if only you hadn't offended me I could have granted you a desirable position in our empire. But it seems like you won't live long enough for that.“ (Karvin)

“Sorry I will never be interested in any government official position or any position like yours.“ (Airu)

People were shocked at our little ongoing banter. And soon we heard a voice.

“Master!“ (Arma)

“Ohh~ Arma. How are you?“ (Karvin)

“...“ (Airu)

(Wow... Would you look at that 180.)

“What are you doing causing a commotion here?!” (Arma)

“That's not of your concern, Arma.“ (Karvin)

I wasn't trying to butt in their conversation. So, I didn't talk anymore and just listened to them. 

“You can't!“ (Arma)

“Why?“ (Karvin)

“What do you mean 'why'? This is not your place to fight!“ (Arma)

“...“ (Karvin)

Wow! That was the first time I actually saw this girl actually talking in a practical manner. I'm impressed.

“What do you want me to do then?” (Karvin)

“Return.“ (Arma) 

“I can't. Not until I see through this issue.“ (Karvin)

“You!!! If you don't then—” (Arma)

“How about another method?“ (Karvin) 

“... What is it?“ (Arma)

“Tomorrow, I and that brat will fight. If I see him worthy enough then I'll spare him. I'll even give him an advantage. How about it?“ (Karvin) 

“You—!“ (Arma)

“What about you, brat? What do you say?” (karvin) 

... His idea wasn't bad. And it wasn't a fight to survive from here on, It was a fight to protect. 

“Sure.“ (Airu)

“See~” (Karvin)

“...“ (Arma) 

It seemed like he was satisfied and also Arma Cicile was giving off a glare. I didn't mind it. But-

“But.“ (Airu)

“But?“ (Karvin)

“I don't want any advantages.“ (Airu),

“”???”” 

Everyone was confused. It was understandable since I asked for the advantage to be removed. Karvin also had a grim look.

“Why?” (karvin)

“I don't need your pity or whatever. Fight me with whatever you have or don't.“ (Airu)

“”...“” 

“Hahahahaha. This is the first time! The first time someone told me this. Alright! Since you said so, I won't hold back. But don't die with one hit and disappoint me, brat.“ (Karvin)

“Sure sure.“ (Airu)

“You heard us right headmaster? Prepare the largest coliseum in the academy and disable the spell blocker around the area. The duel will be at 10 am. So, if you want to invite people or don't.“ (Karvin)

“...“ (Grikl)

And with that, he disappeared with his disciple. I was also heading back to the academy but rather to the third building, towards Sir Ian's office. Along the way, I saw Sir Ian dumbfoundedly staring at the sky. And so, I dragged him along to his office. 

==========

After Sir Ian calmed down, we had a short talk with most of it being said that my choice was stupid. And blah blah blah~ He was like a worried parent. But I didn't mind it. 

“What are you staring at?“ 

“Nothing, just thinking how are you so much like a dad, even without being in a relationship?“ 

“... Was that supposed to be a compliment?“ 

“Nothing nothing~ Let me think for a bit.“ 

“Haaah... Sure.“ 

From Korsel's memories, I knew Karvin Krawel was one of the strongest characters in the game. He had silver hair complementing his age with a well-off beard. Also, his build is that of a bodybuilder. But he was supposed to be a lower God. And that was in his first introduction which was supposed to be 1 year from now.

So, there's no way that he is not in God Stage. He is probably only an intern God for now. It's going to be a tough fight with just removing the first Limiter.

... 

Now that I think about it, do I have to fight him with just the first limiter? No. If I have to I will remove other limiters. This fight isn't about survival, it's a fight about protection. 

===========

It was the day of the fight. We were going to fight in the biggest colosseum in the academy region. Currently, I was sitting in a room in the Colosseum. The room was quite large but not as clean as I imagined. Probably due to not being in use for decades. 

The duel was at 10 and currently, it's 9. Besides me was Sir Ian. He was telling me a bunch of stuff and to give up if I can't go anymore. 

“They will at least show mercy if you give up.“

“But I won't though.“

“... Why?!“

“As I said before, this is a fight to protect.“

“Protect... To protect what?“

“Everything I have near me. To show everyone that I'm not easy. This will be the protection for everyone close to me, including you.“

“...Haaah... Alright. But please stay safe.“

(He really is like a dad.)

And I didn't mind that. It felt like I had a family...

“Yes. And—”

*Knock Knock*

“”...“”

“It's not time yet, right?“

“Yes, it's been only 9:20.“

“”...“”

I approached the door and opened it. And... I saw... Coral (His previous personal maid).

“Huh? Coral?“

“Young master! I-it has been a while!“

She was talking with a happy yet sad face. I could tell she was happy to meet me but also a bit sad about everything going on. So, I replied with a soft smile. 

“Yes, it has. What brought you here?“

“...“

(Hmm? What's up with that face?)

“Coral?“

“Y-yes!“ 

Her stupified expression broke and she looked flustered all of a sudden but she still replied. 

“So, what brought you here?“

“Ahh... That. The Master... And the Lady has come to watch the duel. So, they wish to... talk to you...“

“”...“”

The whole room was silent. Sir Ian and Coral knew why I wasn't replying. They should. 

(Do they really expect me to just obediently follow their orders now? After abandoning me? Really?)

I wasn't really angry. Nor was I really feeling anything. But my answer would still be-

“Tell them no.“

“Huh?“ 

“Tell them I won't be coming. And to never expect anything from me in the future.“

“B-but—”

“I am not a Heathens anymore. So, I don't need to listen or follow their orders.“

“...“ 

“Go now. Tell them what I said here.“

“O-ok.“

“Goodbye.“

As I was going to close the door, Coral interrupted my action.

“Young master.“

“... Yes?”

“Please... Stay safe... And don't get hurt. Please.“

“...“

She gave me a concerned look. She was always with me since my childhood. From the Heathens' state, she was the only person I was really ever close to. And all I could give her right now was a reassuring answer with a gentle smile. 

“Yes. I will keep that in mind.“

“Goodbye then, young master.“

“Goodbye.“

===========

{Hollan Heathens/Airu's Dad POV}

I thought I was blessed when I was born into this noble family. I got all the love I could get from my family. It's not like they weren't strict with me. They were, but not as much as my other siblings. I didn't have that much magic affinity or aura affinity. But they didn't expect me to be a genius in the diplomatic area. 

As I grew and grew, I got a lot of things from my family. We were a Marquess. So getting hold of the head was hard but I still managed. After becoming the head, I got into a political marriage. I didn't oppose it. Rather I had the same thing in my mind. 

5 years into our marriage, we had our first child, we named him Kir Heathens. We had a total of four children. Kir being the eldest 

Rubi Heathens is my first daughter and Marzia Heathens is my youngest daughter. But Rubi wasn't our second child. Airu Heathens was. When he was born, we were both happy as parents. We also had high hopes for him as parents. But... He... wasn't normal. He was born with white hair and violet eyes. Both his hair and eyes were something never seen in our family. Never. 

I wasn't suspicious of Maria, my wife. I knew she was devoted to me. But... But... something feels wrong. 

And the day after Airu was born, an unknown person came to our residence's gate and requested a meeting with me. I first rejected him but he said that it was a talk related to my second son. I couldn't stop my curiosity and invited him. But now that I think about it, it was maybe my biggest mistake. 

“Your second child's fate is related to the destruction of everything.“ 

“... You... Do you want to be beheaded right here?” 

“Calm down, Lord Heathens. I am neither joking nor saying anything odd.“

“... And why should I believe you?” 

“Do believe in Gods, Sir?“

“..?“ 

It was an odd question. People usually say God but he said Gods. Like he for sure knew Gods existed. 

“Yes, I do.“

“In which God, do you have your faith in, Sir?“

“In Virtue.” 

That unknown man gave a small smile.

“It seems like you believe in an orthodox church.“

“... Is something wrong with orthodox ones?“ 

“Nonono. But I don't have my faith in them. Rather I have it in the God of Prophecy. The only God is known to get a glimpse of the fate of the time and space.“

“...“

“And our God gave us a recent divinity. The divinity being “The final destruction has begun taking its place. It may bring absolute destruction or absolute chaos. And all of this is held in the hand of one entity. That entity has white hair and white eyes.“ Do you understand this divinity?”

 

“Then it doesn't match. My child has violet eyes.”

"But who says it won't change in the future.”

“Are you retarded? Do you think eyes are like hair?"

"Sir, please calm down. It isn't like there was never anything like this in the past. There are many skills and titles that change one's eye color to even body."

“What was the... prophecy?“

“A child with snow-white hair and eyes as distinct as the aura of time, shall fall upon Krono and lead the future of either absolute destruction or absolute chaos.“ 

“...“

“Now, I hope you understand.“

“So, what do you want me to do about it.“

“... Honestly, our God didn't tell us what to do with this entity. But we assumed that we must ELIMINATE this entity.“

“YOU—!“

“Calm down, Sir.”

“Get Out! If you or whoever from your church ever again sets foot in our region again, I won't show mercy to them!“

“...Sir—”

“GET OUT!!!“ 

... 

I was furious. How dare he talk about eliminating my son? I-I don't want my son to perish. I just knew that. 

... 

I talked about this incident with my wife. My wife was distraught after hearing this. He didn't let our child go from her bosom for days. But we both agreed that we can never ever kill our own blood. But... after just a few months, we started to realize that he was... weird? 

It felt like he already knew us. No, rather it felt like he already had his consciousness. 

It was a weird feeling but we decided to ignore it until that happened...

TBC-

______________

Regarding Hollan Heathens POV, you won't be getting another chapter regarding Airu's past anytime soon. I might add it after the fight and arc conclusion but the next chapter is going to be the fight! I added the last POV as a teaser~

Another info .5 chapter after this. Read that chapter for all the complex power stage systems I made for this novel. 

As for chapter 21 its name isssss Airu VS Krawel (1)! It is going to be one of the highest-quality chapters. I added a really descriptive fight for that chapter. It isn't still finished for now but whatever~

Comment and share~ <3

10