S1 Final: The Best at Being the Worst
1.1k 7 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Reunion Time! Though will it go the way think?)

The party, plus Endo, is on the 65th floor and the Behemoth roars at them. Hajime is carrying Myu with one hand. The Grimm's have their weapons at the ready. Hajime aims his revolver up and fires, instantly killing the Behemoth.

The Grimms are in human form.

"Take the lead, Endo!" Hajime orders. "I haven't seen this part of the labyrinth!

"G-Got it!" Endo replies. 'He one-shot that Behemoth...'

The party keeps running on.

"There's no shortcut?" Shea asks.

"We must hurry to them by any means possible!" Tio says.

"They will die if we don't find a short cut." Blake says.

Ruby stops and looks down. Hajime stops and looks at Ruby. "Here?" He asks.

"I smell a lot of Negative Emotions coming straight down from here." Ruby says and put Crescent Rose in Storage mode and sets it on her back.

"Hold up, Endo." Hajime calls out and said teen stops.

"What's up?" Endo asks.

"Got us a shortcut." Myu hops of Hajime back and he summons his Pile Driver.

"Huh?"

Hajime sets up the pile driver.

Hajime sets up the pile driver

"What's that?" Endo asks.

"My Pile Bunker." Hajime informs and it charges up. "It's a pile driver that utilizes the immense force created by electromagnetic acceleration and explosives."

The party takes a couple steps back from the Pile Bunker.

"A pile driver?" Endo asks.

"Yeah." Hajime starts. "These long rods are made from ore compressed with Transmute, then coated with azantium , the strongest metal in the world."

The pile driver fires, sending the spike through many floors below it.

"Endo." Hajime calls out as Ruby walks over to him."Me and Reuben are going on ahead. Follow in after us." He pushes the Pile Driver to the side and he and Ruby jump into the hole.

"A hole?!" Endo questions. "N-Nagumo?! Xiao Long?!" The others start jumping into the hole, making Endo panic. "Oh, come one!"

The party falls many floors down.

Hajime and Ruby safely land on the floor where the Hero party is. The two Minotaurs turn to dust.

Everyone stares at the two in shock.

Ruby glances back and sees the injured Meld. Then she looks to her right and sees Yang, looking pale with a little bit of blood under her, though she's trying to get up. Ruby's eyes gain a hint of anger in them.

"You two're still good friends, huh?" Hajime asks Shizuku and Kaori.

"And you're still tough as ever." Ruby says to Yang.

Yang lilac eyes widen and tears start to fall. "Reuben?"

...

...

Yang manages to sit herself up. "Is it you Reuben?" She stares at Ruby, and sees an aura of darkness around her.

Ruby looks at Yang, and sees an aura of light surrounding her. Ruby then turns to the demon in front of her.

"Hajime-kun!" Kaori yells out. "Xiao Long-kun?"

"Wait, Nagumo-kun? Xaio Long-kun?" Shizuku is confused. "Wait, what?! What's going on?! No, really?! Is that really you, Nagumo-kun?! Xiao Long-kun?! Wait, what? What's going on?!"

Ruby rubs her head as an ache starts to form. "Calm down, Yaegashi." She says.

"You're supposed to be the cool and collected one, remember?" Hajime says.

Yue slowly falls from the ceiling and Hajime catches her. Yue casts a spell and the others float down safely. The blale falls down and lands in Ruby's arms. Shea lands next to Hajime, then Tio with Myu in her hands, lands next to Ruby.

Neo uses her umbrella to float down next to Ruby. Endo panics as he falls down and somehow lands face first. "Guys!" He yells out. I-I brought help!"

"Endo!" Kouki calls out

"Endo!" Kouki calls out.

"Reuben!" Yang calls out and Ruby looks at her. "I'm sorry i couldn't save you!"

Monsters start to come out of the shadows.

Ruby takes out Crescent Rose and twirls it around, then holds it out to her side. "We'll talk later."

"Yue, keep Endo and the others safe." Hajime orders.

Yue nods.

"Shea, go check out the fallen knights." Hajime orders.

"You got it!" Shea replies.

Yue, Endo, and Shea run back.

"Blake, Neo, I need you to protect the blond girl over there." Ruby motions to Yang. "Make sure she lives not matter what, she's my sister."

Neo and Blake both bow. "Yes, Mistress." Blake says.

Neo and Blake run over to Yang.

"Tio and Myu, take care of these guys." Hajime orders.

"Understood." Tio replies.

Myu smiles and holds up a hand. "Okey dokey!"

Tio and Myu walk back.

"Okay, then..." Ruby mutters.

"Hajime-kun!" Kaori calls out.

Hajime glances back at the healer. "I'll be fine, you stay there."

Myu and Tio walk in front of Kaori.

"Pray let us handle this." Tio says from behind her hand fan.

Myu nods. "Yeah, pray!"

Shizuku and Karoi loo at each other.

Blake helps Yang sit against the wall as Neo uses her illusions to create a makeshift bandage for the blonde's wound. Yang notices the dark aura surrounding the two girls. "What are you two?" She asks.

"We're the Mistress' girls5 mm    " Blake states and Neo nods.

Yang's eye twitches. "Reuben's girls, huh?" She gives a forced smile. "I might have to talk to him later."

Blake and Neo sweat with nervousness as they glance at each other.

Ruby and Hajime stare at the Demon in front of them. She smirks at the two non-humans. "Never expected someone to come down to hell on their own volition."

"If you don't feel like dying, then get the hell outta here." Hajime orders.

"What?!"

"That means if you leave now, I may let you live." Ruby gives the Demon an angry smile.

"Insolent human!" The Demon grumbles. "You'll both regret your foolishness when you die by my hand!"

Hajime smirks. "Well, okay. That means you're our enemy, yeah?"

The air warps beside Hajime.

"Hajime-kun! Xiao Long-kun!" Kaori yells.

Hajume reaches his metal hand into the distorted air and it disapears within a pocket dimension. 

"Hey, so, what kind of half-assed magic is this?" Hajime asks and he pulls a bleeding lion-like monster out of the pocket dimension. "This is barely street magician level."

"He, I've seen kids with better magic." Ruby says with a smug tone.

Everyone gasps at the display and Hajime throws the Lion into the air. Ruby smirks as she pulls the bolt back on Crescent Rose and starts firing around the area, Hajime duel wields and fires around.

Monsters start appearing out of thin air and fall to the ground, dead.

Ruby laughs and swings her scythe to her right. A couple large pig monsters appear and they fall into two pieces. 

The Demon girl takes a step back in shock as a monster body falls in front of her. "H-How did you two know?!" She sends multiple cat monsters at the two.

Ruby smirks and opens her mouth and lets out an ear-piercing scream. The sound waves kill the cat monsters and the Demon girl stumbles back as she holds her ears in pain. 

The Hero party covers their ears. Ruby's party is fine as Yue casts protection spells around them. Neo puts some ear plugs in Yang's ear just in time, she's now taking them out.

More monsters run at the two and Hajime reloads. Ruby just smiles as she puts a magazine into Crescent Rose. The two keep firing their guns at all the monsters in the area,  decimating the Demon girls little army.

A pig monster tries to grab at Ruby, which makes her very mad. "Don't touch me!" She swiftly kicks her foot into the monster's stomach, sending it across the area. Which Ruby then blows a large hole in its chest.

Monster bodies start piling up as the two keep killing any that appear. 

The Demon girl takes a few steps back as a couple Chimera's move next to her. They lunge at Hajime and Ruby, only to be blown apart by the Grimm girls 20mm sniper-rifle-scythe.

The two then turn to the side as they hear a roar. The tortoise opens its mouth and charges up an attack. Ruby glances at Hajime and he nods to her.

Ruby jumps behind Hajime and he summons his large shield. The tortoise then fires a large red beam of magic and it slams into Hajime's shield.

Hajime glances at the Demon girl and smirks. He turns to shield slightly, which reflects the tortoise's magic towards the Demon girl. She jumps to the ground to avoid getting his by the large beam of magic.

The Demon lands on the ground. "Damn it all!"

Hajime unsummons his shield and aims a revolver at the tortoise, which panics and hides in its' shell. Hajime fires a few rounds into the shield, but it only cracks it.

Hajime turns to the girl behind him and motions to the tortoise. Ruby moves forward and slams her scythe into the ground and fires a few rounds into the tortoise's shell, massive cracks appear around it.

The Demon girl falls back after trying to stand up again. "H-Heal me!" She orders the bird, only to look and find a severed wing. Her eyes widen and her hands start to shake, "What?!"

"They targeted the healer!" Shizuku mutters.

Ruby pulls the bolt back on Crescent Rose and fires, the bullet slams through the shell and blows out the back, killing the tortoise. Hajime shoots a couple cat monsters that lunged towards Ruby.

Ruby flips her scythe up and rests it over her shoulder as she turns to the Demon girl. "Looks like you're the one who decided to take a trip to Hell today, sweet heart." She smiles.

The Demon glares at the two and her eye glow slightly red.

"Who the hell are they?" Kouki mutters. "Is that... Reuben?" 

"I know it's hard to believe, but that's Nagumo and Reuben." Endo informs. 

More monsters charge at Hajime and Ruby, but they blow them apart before they can even get close. Ruby has a sadistic smile on her face as she blows the head off a wolf monster.

"What?" Kouki mutters and thinks back on the two.

Everyone thinks back on the two. The happy and bubbly Reuben, who liked video games and cookies. Who always tried to help who he could and had a big smile on his face. Somehow turned into the Psychotic looking feminine Reuben. 

"Huh?" Everyone looks at Endo.

"L-Like I said, that's Nagumo and Reuben!" Endo shouts. "The same Hajime Nagumo, and Reuben Xiao Long who fell from the bridge that day!"

"Those two?!" Ryutarou shouts in shock.

"I don't believe it!" Kouki mutters. 

"I mean, Nagumo looks way different, so I can get your reaction." Endo says.

Daisuke sweats in nervousness as he thinks back on how he sent Hajime off the bridge, and caused Ruby fall also fall. "N-No way!" He grabs Endo's shirt and lifts him up. "Nagumo and Xiao Long died! You're just making shit up for no reason! I saw their status plate! There's no doubt about it, it's them!"

Daisuke sweats more. "They must've forged it or something! That's right, they've gotta be plotting something bad!"

"Calm down." Yue orders and Daisuke gasp as she turns around and looks at him and Endo. "Are you going to get in Hajime's and Sister's way again?"

Daisuke drops Endo and takes a few steps back in shock. He starts to shake.

"Here it comes!" Ryutarou shouts.

A couple Minotaurs appear and walk towards the group. Suzu, with half her body covered in stone, stands in front of everyone.

"Hey, Taniguchi!" Ryutarou calls out.

"Suzu?" Eri questions.

Suzu weakly holds her hands up. "I-I'm gonna... Protect you!"

Yue grabs Suzu's hands and pulls them down. "It's okay." The girl looks at the vampire as said vampire holds a hand up. "Dark Firmament."

A black ball appears in Yue's hand and she pushes it above the group. The Minotaurs charge at the Hero Party, only for them to be sucked up and into the black ball, disappearing along with the black ball.

Shea attacks and kills any monsters that approach and her and Meld.

Blake stands in front of Neo and Yang, firing at any monsters that dare approach. Neo keeps pressure on Yang's wound as said girl watches in awe at everything happening.

"I think she already surpassed me." Yang mutters and a smile forms on her face. "That makes me very happy." She then turns to Neo. "Thank you for helping me." Neo gives Yang a warm smile.  

The Demon girl shakily stands up and glares at Ruby and Hajime. "I can't..." She mutters.

Tio uses her fan and her flames to take out any monsters that approach her and Myu.

"...believe you lot..." The Demon girl continues to glare and her eyes slightly glow red.

Suddenly one of the injured Chimera's changes into a large snake. It then slithers towards Shizuku and Kaori.

Ruby glances back and sees the trouble. "Hajime!" She cuts down a monster that lunges towards her.

Hajime holds his hand out and a sheathed katana appears. "Yaegashi, take this!" He throws it towards Shizuku.

Shizuku grabs the katana and pushes Kaori away. "Sorry!" The snake moves around her and she swiftly brings out the katana and easily cuts it apart.

The snake head falls into Kaori's hands.

Shizuku looks at the katana's blade in surprise. "it's so light, but it sliced through like it was nothing..."

The Demon girl takes a few steps back as sweat falls from her cheek. "Who are you two?"

Hajime and Ruby stare at the Demon Girl. Ruby flips her Scythe around and transforms it into Storage mode and puts it on the back of her waist. 

"That all you got?" Hajime asks.

The Demon girl curls her hands into fists, then she flexes her hands as her nails glow. She then smiles at the two, then she aims her hands up. "Crashing Goal!"

The gray gas falls onto the two and covers them.

"Reuben!" Yang yells.

"Nagumo-kun!" Shizuku and Kaori yell.

Everyone gasps and look on in worry.

"Nagumo! Xiao Long!" Kouki mutters in worry.

"Papa! Auntie!" Myu yells out.

Koari's eyes widen and turn into a look of disbelief. 

"Pa

"Pa...?" The snake head in Kaori's hand turns to dust.

The Demon girl takes a few steps back, then turns and runs away. A spike flies out from the gas and lands in front of her, causing the Demon to stop in her tracks. 

"So this is checkmate, then?" The Demon asks and she glances back.

"That's right." Ruby's voice rings out.

Hajime and Ruby step out of the gasp, they both have red aura surrounding them.

"My high-level magic meant nothing to you." The Demon girl says. "Are you sure you're human?"

"No, actually, I'm not." Hajime says and then motions to Ruby. "And she's very far from it."

The Demon girl glares at the two. "You monsters."

Hajime and Ruby then walk towards the Demon girl and stop a few meters from her. Hajime aims up his revolver at the Demon.

Kaori puts a hand on Shizuku's shoulder and grasps tightly. "That hurts, Kaori!" Shizuku says.

"She said Papa, didn't she?!" Kaori asks an aura surrounds her.

"Kaori?!"

Yang turns to Blake. "Reuben's an Auntie? Shouldn't it be Uncle?"

Blake smiles at Yang. "Mistress will tell you everything when this is done."

Yang sighs. "Then can they please hurry this up?"

The Demon girl glares at the Ruby and Hajime as they stare back.

"Right then." Hajime starts. "I'm not interested in hearing your last words or anything. What I want to know... is how a demon got their hands on those monsters, and what you were doing down here. You gonna tell me?"

"You think I'm going to talk?" The Demons asks.

Hajime stares at the Demon for a few seconds, before firing two rounds. The Demon girl yelps in pain as she falls to the ground, bleeding from the bullet holes in both her thighs.

Everyone gasps in shock.

"Well, let me tell you what I think." Hajime starts as he aims his revolver at her head. "I think those monsters were created by a form of ancient magic." The Demon girl sweats heavily as she glares up at Hajime. "And demonkind gained the ability to use that ancient magic by clearing a great labyrinth. You cam here to explore the pits of hell, or gather, get to the end of the great labyrinth, yeah?"

The Demon girl smirks. "I see. If you're anything like them, then your monstrous appearance and inhuman strength checks out."

"Like 'them,' huh? So the monsters were a gift from the guy who actually cleared the labyrinth, then. Well, that answers my questions."

"That's it, right? Then end me."

Hajime smirks. "I won't be doing that." He motions to the hidden Grimm. "She will."

Ruby walks towards the Demon. 

"But remember this." The Demon starts. "One day, my lover will find you two and kill you."

Ruby stands above the Demon girl, and she changes back to original form. Making the hero party slightly scared of her appearance. Even the Demon girl stares up at her in fear. "I don't care who comes for us. Demon or god, we'll kill them. But anyone who's just being puppeteered by that god won't be able to touch me."

"Impossible! I thought all the Grimm where wiped out!"

Ruby straddles the Demon's waist and holds the Demon's hard above her head. Then she leans down to her ears. "They were, the Goddess Salem has brought them back with my help." She whispers and she opens her mouth, showing off her large teeth. "Also you touched my sister, and that's not very nice."

The Demon girls breathes heavily in fear and her eyes shake as tears fall from them.

"Stop, Xiao Long!" Kouki yells. "She can't fight us anymore! You don't need to--"

The Demon girl screams in pain as Ruby sinks her sharp teeth into the Demon's neck. The screams of pain echo through out the room as the sounds of crunching and tearing are heard.

"IT HURTS!" The Demon girls screams.

Shizuku covers Kaori's eyes and glances away herself. Ryutarou, still holding Suzu, turns away from the gruesome scene.

Eri brings a hand up to her mouth as her cheeks puff out, only to turn to the side and empty the contents of her stomach. 

"NOOO!" The Demon girl vomits.

Daisuke lets out a panic yelp and falls to he ass.

Yang tries to stand up and stop Ruby, but Neo and Blake hold her down.

"NO! STOP!" The Demon girl cries out as she coughs.

The screams slowly turn to gurgles as the ripping and crunching continues, before everything goes quiet a few seconds later.

Ruby stands up and licks her lips as blood pools around the dead Demon.

"Xiao Long!" Kouki yells.

A minute later Ruby walks over to Yang, Blake and Neo as she turns into her human form. Yang stares at Ruby like she's a stranger.

"How is she?" Ruby asks Blake.

"We were lucky to make it in time." Blake says. "I know you said she was tough, but I didn't know she was this tough. Lost a lot of blood, but the Holy Water should help her heal now."

"Thank you." 

Blake and Neo nod as Ruby walks over to Hajime and the others. Blake and Neo help Yang stand up and carry her over to the others. Eri and Suzu stare at Ruby with a little fear in their eyes.

"What happened to Meld-san?" Kaori asks Hajime. "That wound looked fatal..."

Hajime looks at Meld, who isn't going to die. "He's fine. We healed him up."

"Thank god... I though he was done for."

Shizuku walks over to Yang, who's being held up by Neo and Blake. "How are you doing Xiao Long-san?"

Yang gives her a cheeky smile and a thumbs up. "Looks like I'll be yanging around for a while longer."

Blake and Neo sweat drop as Shuzku nods. "I'm glad you're alright."

Ruby deadpans. "She still does puns even when she nearly died." She mutters.

Kaori steps towards Hajime as tears fall down her eyes. "I'm just glad you're alive, Hajime-kun. Thank you... I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you back then..." She continues to sob.

Hajime glances at Ruby with a pleading look. Ruby just gives him a shit eating grin. "Not my problem." She whispers to him.

Hajime then turns back to Kaori with a nervous smile. "I must've really had you worried. But I survived and made it back, so no need to apologize to me. Look, even Reuben's fine, so no need to cry! Don't cry okay."

Kaori looks up at Hajime. "Hajime-kun!" She hugs him, which Yue isn't happy about.

 Hajime just holds his hands up.

"Man, if he keeps hoking girls in like this, we won't have any more room in the car." Ruby mutters as she scratches her cheek, removing a little bit of blood.

Hajime looks tot eh side and sees Shizuku glaring at him. "Hug her already, c'mon!" She whispers to him.

Hajime looks behind to see Shea, with an angry aura around her as she glares at him.

"I'm smelling so many different emotions... it's kinda making me feel sick." Ruby says, she then looks back and sees Kouki glaring at her.

A while later both parties are heading back towards the surface.

"Hey, Xiao Long!" Kouki yells as he moves over to Ruby. "Why'd you kill her? And in such a brutal way?! She wasn't even resisting anymore!"

"God, you're annoying." Ruby grumbles. "Amanogawa, you're not mad about me killing her, are you?"

The parties make it to the 65th floor bridge and an army of skeletons appear, Yue swiftly deals with them.

"Oh, are you mad that you didn't kill her yourself?" Ruby asks. "And now you're pretending you've got a better reason for being pissed. And besides, I like torturing my enemies a little."

"Wha-- No! I'm just saying what anyone else would be saying!" Kouki states.

Everyone stops.

"It's a kill or be killed word." Ruby informs. "And I prefer to kill." She glances back at the Hero with a smile. "What's wrong with that?"

"You brutally murdered her!" Kouki shouts. "Of course it's wrong!"

"Why show mercy? Mercy is weakness, I always kill, and I make it painful. If you're gonna stand in my way and say you don't like that, well..." Ruby brings Crescent Rose out and puts it into rifle mode and aims it Kouki, his eyes widen. 

Kaori goes to step forward, but Shizuku stops her. Yang watches with a little sweat traveling down her cheek.

"I don't care if you were my classmate." Ruby says with a glare. "I won't hesitate to kill you. And don't even bother giving a speech to Hajime, he feels the same way."

Daisuke panics a little and takes a few steps back.

Kouki takes a deep breath. "Y-You..."

"Don't feel bad, okay?" Ruby says. "I don't think we're friends or comrades. I came here because Yang was here. Once I'm gone, it's goodbye." Ruby puts her weapon back into storage mode and sets it on her back.

Yang looks a little sad at that statement.

Ruby doesn't spare any more time and she continues ahead. Hajime has an impressed smile as he follows after her.

"Xiao Long-kun's changed." Shizuku mutters.

An hour later everyone arrives back at the entrance and the door opens.

"Papa, Myu's hungry!" Myu says from her perch on Hajime's shoulders. 

"Okay, then let's go find us something yummy to eat, yeah?" Hajime says.

Myu giggles. "Papa!"

"God I'm quite hungry!" Ruby complains.

"Didn't you just eat the neck of a Demon, Mistress?" Blake asks.

"Yeah, but that was just the appetizer."

Suddenly everybody stops as they notice a small army of Knights in front of them. Most of them stare at the two parties in shock.

Ruby blinks a couple times. "Whatever I did, I didn't do it! It was Hajime!"

"Hey!" Hajime yells at Ruby.

Loa walks to the front and rubs the back of his head. "Oh, uh, my apologies. We gathered a force to help the trapped heroes, but we never thought you'd return so quickly. And we had to believe the contents of Ilwer's letter were true, to... Oh, boy..." He turns to the Knights behind him. "The heroes have returned unscathed! Dismissed!"

Ruby sighs in relief. "So I'm not getting arrested, that's good."

"Not yet, Mistress." Blake says while Neo nods.

Ruby turns to the two with a raised eyebrow. Blake and Neo look away from their Mistress.

"Reuben?" Yang's voice calls out from behind Ruby.

Ruby tenses up as she turns around to see Yang. "Hey, Yang." She gives a nervous smile.

Yang sniffs as tears start to fall from her eyes. "I missed you!" She runs over and brings Ruby into hug. "I missed you so much."

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f72716b51725f656b756f724550673d3d2d313333373736393335302e313735393630643561663133646363323638383634383130343639322e6a7067

Ruby grits her teeth and shakily brings her arms around Yang. "Yeah, I missed you too."

Yang then leans back and looks at Ruby. "You've really changed and you've grown... boobs. Huh, wow. Just what happened down there?"

Ruby glances away. "I'll tell you more later."

"Reuben-"

"Yang, i need you to trust me, okay?"

"...Okay." Yang nods.

Then Koari's yelling is heard. "Don't tell me there are more! How many women did you knock up?! Did you knock up Reuben, I noticed he's now a girl."

"HELL NO!" Ruby and Hajime yells.

'Wait, how did she easily figure out I was a girl?' Reuben questions.

Ruby just sighs and rubs her head. "Today has been a very different kind of day."

"Shirasaki!" Hajime calls out to the Priestess. "We leave early tomorrow morning! Don't be late."

The party begins to walk off.

"Wait, we're taking Shirasaki with us?" Ruby asks and Hajime nods. "Why?"

"Because I can, besides you kept Tio."

Ruby sighs. "Can't argue with that."

.

.

Later that night, Ruby is looking up to the night sky. She's alone on her balcony as she has sent Blake and Neo off to another room for the night.

Ruby looks down at her human hands, before changing into her Grimm form and looking at her black boned right hand and pale left hand.

A knock is heard on the room door. "Reuben, it's me." Yang's voice comes through the door.

"Come in." Ruby says and she glances back to teh door.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f61624f4642366a6172416b3773413d3d2d313333373736393335302e31373539363164626638616163326431323234333532353036342e6a7067

Yang enters the room and slightly hesitates as she sees Ruby's Grimm form. Through Yang's eyes she sees a black aura surrounding Ruby. But through Ruby's eyes she sees a white aura surrounding Yang.

Yang shakes her head and shuts the door behind her. "Reuben, you really-"

"Ruby." She interrupts.

"Huh?"

"Call me Ruby from now on."

Yang starts to walk towards Ruby. "Ruby, you really have changed... A lot." She reaches Ruby, but the Grimm moves away from her.

"Yeah, and you haven't changed at all."

"Well, people don't usually change a lot in eight months."  Yang walks over to Ruby again, only for her to move away again. "What... What are you?"

"I'm a Grimm, Yang." Ruby glances at her know shorter sister. "O'm the very thing our jobs are meant to destroy."

"So that's why I see this dark aura around you, and this feeling of unease when I'm near." 

Ruby looks away from Yang. "And I see this blinding white aura surrounding you, and... it's hard to be near you. I... My instincts tell me I should just kill you." She curls her hands into fists. "That's why I don't want you coming with me on my travels."

"But Ruby-" Yang starts with a saddened look.

"Yang, please, it's for your safety. I never want to hurt you, but one day I might just snap and do the unthinkable. I want at least one of us going home being normal."

"I... If you think it's for the best. Will we ever see each other again, thought."

Ruby nods without looking at her sister. "Yeah, definitely. I don't know when that would be, but we will see each other again."

Yang sighs and walks towards the door. She grabs the handle and opens the door. "Hey, uh, Ruby?"

Ruby looks back at her. "Yes, Yang?"

"I think your new look is pretty badass." Yang smiles. "You look good. Have a goodnight." She leaves the room and shuts the door.

"Goodnight, Yang."

Ruby walks back over to the balcony and looks up to the moon. She then growls and puts a hand through her hair. "I'm gonna kill that fucking god, for putting that shitty aura around her." 

Ruby then lowers her hands and puts them on the railing. She looks down and closes her eyes. Memories of Yang play in her head. "Fuck me."

Later the next morning the party is outside the front gates. Kaori is saying goodbye to Shizuku and Yang. The Grimms are in their normal forms.

"Shizuku-chan... Xiao Long-san..." Koari says.

Suzu and Eri walk over.

"Good luck, Kaorin!" Suzu smiles. "I'll always be on your side!"

"Take care!" Eri says.

The rest of the Hero party walks over, minus Daisuke. Meld is also with them.

Kaori smiles. "Thanks, Suzu-chan, Eri-chan.

"Off you go, now." Shizuku says to Kaori. "Got to Nagumo-kun."

"Shizuku-chan..."

Then Yang speaks up. "And please keep my sister out of trouble, I feel like she's gonna be a problem now." She chuckles.

Kaori nods. "Leave it to me, Xiao Long-san..." She then turns around and runs towards Hajime.

Daisuke peaks out from behind the city gates. Hajime summons the Hummer.

And everyone gasps. Meld panics and grabs Endo. "Whoa, what is that?! I've never seen anything like it before!"

"I-Is that a car?" Endo asks.

The party gets in and takes off. A while later the party is driving through the desert.

Everyone's in their usual places. Ruby in the passenger. Yue, with Myu on her lap, in the middle and everyone else in the back while Hajime drives. Though Neo is on Ruby's lap this time.

"Um, Hajime-kun, why are we all sitting like this?" Kaori asks, Yue glances back at her with a smug smile.

"This is how it always is!" Shea informs. "Yue-san always gets to sit next to him, but one day, I'm gonna sit there, I swear!"

"What about Neo-san?"

Blake speaks up. "Me and Neo trade places once and a while of who sits with Mistress."

Kaori turns to the Dragon. "Tio-san, you're really all right with this arrangement?"

Tio turns to the Priestess. "I can't say I'm all right..." She covers her face with her fan. "To be honest, this sort of treatment is what really gets me all hot and bothered inside!" She lets out a moan.

"You really are a pervert, huh." Kaori mutters.

"Sexy Neglecty!" Myu suddenly blurts out.

Ruby slams her head into the dash in front of her. Hajime slams his head in the steering Wheel. Neo blinks a few times as she is now on the floor of the car.

"Myu, where the hell did you learn that word?!" Hajime asks in panic.

"How did she learn such filth!?" Ruby yells in shock.

Tio gains an 'Oh, shit!' face. Ruby rubs her horns as Neo climbs back on her lap.

Hajime starts to swerve the car around.

"Papa, I'm hungry!" Myu says.

"I'm hungry, too!" Shea says.

"Myself as well." Tio says.

"I am too..." Blake mutters and Neo nods with her.

"I swear..." Hajime complains. 

"It's like babysitting a bunch of children." Ruby whines.

"Watch where you're going!" Kaori yells.

Hajime gets the vehicle under control. 

"Me, too." Yue licks her lips.

Hajime just smiles and looks back ahead.

"Wait, what?" Kaori questions. "Why did she just lick her lips?!"

Ruby looks back out the window. 'I'm gonna find a way back home, and take everyone with me. And I'll kill anyone who tries to stop me. Though I guess I need to destroy the light of the world in the name of Salem. I have to kill this shitty god so I can be around Yang again.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-26-2023

5181 words

(Well, here's the end of season 1! I hope you enjoyed it! I honestly didn't think I'd get this far, but you guys really enjoyed the book so far!)

31