Prologue: Darkness
881 7 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Join me on Patreon to unlock exclusive fanfics and early access to future chapters! Support my work and be part of the journey. Visit the link below to show your support and dive into the exciting world of my stories!:

[https://patreon.com/WebNovelEros_Lord]

—————————————————————————


Darkness. 


It was all the human eye could see. No matter where one looked it would follow as if it was infinite. No beginning nor end. If a person had to describe such a place then it would without a doubt be Null or Abyss. 


As one stared into the abyss, a sense of unease would start to creep up on them. The darkness seemed to be alive, pulsing with malevolent energy that seemed to be reaching out to grab at the very essence of their being. The air was cold and clammy, almost suffocating, as if there was no oxygen to breathe.


There were no sounds, no movement, no signs of life. It was as if time had stood still, frozen in an eternal moment of emptiness. The darkness was so complete that it was impossible to see one's own hand in front of their face. Even if one were to scream at the top of their lungs, their voice would be swallowed up by the void, leaving them with only their thoughts as their company.


As one continued to gaze into the abyss, one might start to feel a sense of vertigo or disorientation, as if one were falling through an endless void. It was a sensation that could only be described as a deep, existential dread as if one were being consumed by the darkness itself.


It was a place where all hope seems lost, where the only thing left was the endless expanse of nothingness. A place where one's mind could easily wander, trapped in an eternal loop of despair and hopelessness. It was a place where even the bravest of souls would falter, and only the strongest would be able to hold on to their sanity.


In the end, the abyss was a place of darkness, a place where nothing could thrive, and where only the void reigned supreme. It was a reminder of the infinite power of emptiness and the fragility of life in the face of nothingness.


But despite all this, there floating in the abyss was a soul.


The soul had been floating in the abyss for what seemed like an eternity. At first, there was a sense of panic, confusion, and denial about what had happened. But as time passed, the soul began to accept the reality of their situation. They had died, and this was their afterlife.


To pass the time, the soul began to recall all their memories of manga and anime. They remembered the stories, the characters, and the worlds they had been immersed in. It was a welcome distraction from the emptiness that surrounded them.


As the years passed, the soul's memories began to blend together, creating a new world in their mind. A world where he lived his life to the fullest, free from everything that shackled him down in his past life. 


But something began to change within the soul. As he spent more and more time in the abyss, his essence began to shift. The pure white light that had once defined them began to fade, replaced by a swirling mixture of purple and black. It was as if the darkness was seeping into their very being, transforming them from the inside out.












Months had passed since the soul had begun its descent into the abyss, its essence slowly transforming into a darker, more ominous energy. As time went on, the once-pure light became a distant memory, replaced by a swirling, chaotic mixture of purple and black.


But just as the soul thought it was lost forever in the darkness, something unexpected happened. Without warning, a rift tore open in the fabric of space, and a humanoid figure emerged from within. The figure stood tall and imposing, with an aura of power and authority emanating from its very being.


The humanoid figure stood there, gazing intently at the swirling mass of dark energy that was the soul. As the two beings stared at each other, a sense of curiosity seemed to pass between them. The humanoid figure's expression was unreadable, and the soul was unsure if it was being judged or simply observed.


For what felt like an eternity, the two beings remained locked in their silent gaze. The soul felt as if it was being stripped bare as if the figure could see every thought and memory that had ever passed through its mind.


As the seconds ticked by, the soul found itself wanting to know more about the figure. Who was it? What was it doing there? And most importantly, was there a way out of the abyss? Just as the soul was about to speak, something unexpected happened.


"I apologize for the delay. Finding someone in this vast space isn’t an easy task," the figure said, surprising the soul. "I understand that you have questions, and I'm here to answer them. However, I think it would be better if we changed our surroundings first," he continued, snapping his fingers.


As he did so, a portal began to form in front of them, causing the space to ripple and warp. The soul hesitated for a moment, unsure of what lay beyond the portal. But the figure seemed trustworthy, and the soul was desperate for answers.


Without a second thought, the soul stepped through the portal, feeling a rush of energy as it passed through. On the other side, the darkness had dissipated, replaced by a vast expanse of blue skies and clouds. It was a breathtaking sight, one that the soul had never seen before.


The figure turned towards the soul and spoke, "Welcome to my humble personal realm. This is a place that transcends time and space, a domain where I reign supreme. I have been known by many names over the eons - God, Death, the Grim Reaper, the Big Bang, the One Above All - but most mortals simply refer to me as Rob."


"A god huh?" The soul muttered as he began to think.


‘I never believed in things that people didn't have proof of or things I never saw before. But even I would have to admit that something supernatural had to happen with humans. People say that Adam and Eve were the first humans, but is that true? And if so, how do we know if this is true?’


‘Like Aizen said: ‘All living things believe in someone superior to them, and cannot live unless they blindly follow them. Then, the objects of their faith try to escape this crushing pressure by seeking another being that is superior to them to believe in. And they, in turn, seek a stronger being still. That is how all kings are born. That is how... all gods are born.’


(A/N: For those that are religious, this is for the fanfic and I hope you don't take offense to what's been said in the fanfic. Thank you)


“Am I here to be judged whether I go to heaven or hell?” the soul asked tentatively.


The figure, who introduced himself as Rob, let out a small laugh. “No, you are not here to be judged,” he said, shaking his head. “It’s partially my fault you ended up in such a situation. You see, I manage what you mortals call the Cycle of Reincarnation. It is my duty to ensure that souls do not stray from that cycle.”


The soul breathed a sigh of relief at the reassurance that it wasn't facing judgment. "So, what happens now?" it asked, seeking clarity.


"Sending you back won’t be possible any longer," Rob replied with a hint of regret. "Straying away from the Cycle of Reincarnation results in most cases in death. The Void that you were in is a place that’s even dangerous for Gods, so your entire existence in itself is extraordinary. Instead of getting corrupted or going mad, you instead became accustomed to the point of absorbing its essence,” he spoke with a sense of both admiration and curiosity. As the soul sat there digesting all this new information Rob continued.


"I understand that this may seem like a convenient plot device, but that's beside the point. Unfortunately, you cannot be sent back to the Cycle of Reincarnation, nor can you stay here. Instead, I will be sending you to a random anime world of my choosing. It won't be any world you have seen before, so you will be completely in the dark about what's happening around you. It will be up to you to get stronger and live your life to the fullest in this new world."


The soul sat motionless, with its non-existent eyes closed, processing all the information that had just been imparted to it. After a few moments of silence, the soul asked, "Will the darkness that I have absorbed have any negative impact on me?"


"No, it won't have any negative effects on you. On the contrary, it will help you significantly in the world I will be sending you. You might feel some immediate changes in your personality, although the changes in you would only be a bit enhanced when dealing with certain situations or people. Overall, it will benefit you. I suggest you embrace and accept this new power."


Taking a sigh of relief the soul thanked Rob for what he did for him.


"It's no problem," replied Rob, casually waving off the thanks. "In fact, I'll be transmigrating you into a brand new world. You also won't be getting new parents or anything like that, since you have no need for them right?” To which the soul nodded in agreement. 


"Once you wake up, you'll find yourself as a baby, in front of the orphanage. You don't have to worry about figuring out when or where the plot starts as I'll make sure to send you a message when it's time to jump into action."


As the soul listened to Rob's unsettling words, a wave of alarm washed over him. "What do you mean by 'jump into action'? Am I nothing more than a pawn in some twisted game?"


Rob chuckled, his eyes glinting with a mixture of amusement and world-weary boredom. "Well, you could say that. After living for as long as I have, things tend to lose their luster. Sending you into a random world adds a touch of excitement to my existence.”


“Consider it a diversion, a way to pass the time. But before you rudely interrupted me," he continued, a mischievous smile playing on his lips, "seventeen years may seem like an eternity, but trust me, it will pass by in the blink of an eye. So, my dear Reiji Sukehiro, make sure you prepare yourself well for the trials that await.”


“And remember this, your potential is as deep as the abyss. Never limit yourself."


With those final words, Rob snapped his fingers, and in an instant, everything was enveloped in a blinding flash of light. Reiji's senses were overwhelmed as the world around him vanished into nothingness.


26