22 – Traffic Jam
1.1k 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I looked at that zombie with Asian eyes, I realized he reminded me a lot of the old Zy. Messy hair, probably a few days without bathing, big dark circles on the face, sloppy beard.

 

Seeing the surprise on my face, Liz already explained. "That's my brother, Kenny. He dropped out of college with the dream of becoming a professional player this year. My father always supports our dreams, so he said he would give Kenny this full year to get something out of this career, if it didn't work out, next year Kenny would have to go back to college."

 

When I heard what she explained, I was surprised. "Professional player of what?" I asked.

 

"Champions Strike." Kenny answered as he looked at me from head to toe. "Are you Liz's boyfriend? Good luck dealing with her..."

 

Before he could finish, Liz interrupted him. "No! He's not my boyfriend... we're neighbors, he's your neighbor too, you idiot."

 

Kenny raised an eyebrow for this and ignored it, turning his eyes to the pizza boxes on the table.

 

"With that dead face, you haven't slept yet, have you, Kennedy?" Their mother complained out loud.

 

Kenny looked at her a little scared and swallowed dry before answering. "So Mom... is that I found a very good live stream player in the area that I'm bad at this morning. By the time I realized it was time for lunch and I hadn't gone to sleep."

 

When I heard his story, I thought it might be a coincidence and did not say anything.

 

We sat down at the table to eat the pizzas and celebrate the presentation until I asked something that was on my mind. "What position do you play in CS?"

 

Hearing that I seemed to understand a little CS, Kenny got excited for the first time and started talking. "I am the AWPER of the team. Do you play too?"

 

"Yes, I play in any position, but the one I enjoy most is the In-Game Leader." I answered naturally.

 

"Ohh, IGL is a tough position... wait a second. Your voice is familiar, how familiar is your name again?" He asked me curiously.

 

The other people at the table were curious as to why Kenny asked that question and began to pay attention to our conversation.

 

Listening to what he asked, I felt like my guess was right and I said, "My name is Zhanye."

 

Hearing this, he got excited and asked. "And what's your last name?"

 

"Zy." I just answered with a smile.

 

When he saw my smile, he realized that I had already understood and let out a laugh. "Hahahaha, I can't believe you're that Zy! Man, what a coincidence you're my neighbor and dating my sister!"

 

"He's not my boyfriend!" Liz answered bravely.

 

"Do you know each other, Kenny?" Jorge asked curiously after seeing his son's reaction.

 

"So Dad, didn't I say I was watching a very good guy's live stream in a part that I was a bad one? So this guy's sitting in front of me right now." He answered with a smile.

 

The surprised look on the faces of the three of them was now priceless. "Wow, what a coincidence! You didn't tell me you liked playing this game too, Zy." Liz commented.

 

"Well, you didn't tell me you played the cello either." I blinked at her.

 

"Touché!" She answered laughing.

 

The night was quiet, we laughed and talked about various subjects, until I said goodbye to them. "Thank you guys for welcoming me so well, I have to leave now if I'm not going to get so much traffic on the way that I'm only going to get home tomorrow."

 

"Your house is a long way away, isn't it, boy?" Jorge replied in a sarcastic way, laughing.

 

"Don't worry, Zhanye, you'll always be welcome here." Sun Hee, Liz's mother told me with a smile.

 

"I'm gonna add you to CS Bro, let's play together." Kenny said as he ate another slice of pizza.

 

"I only play in the morning, when I open the live stream I accept your friend request and we play together." I told him.

 

"I'll take you to the door." Liz said with a smile as she stood up to accompany me.

 

When we're outside the house, Liz turns to me and talks very quietly. "Thank you."

 

"What did you say? I couldn't understand..." I pretended to be deaf as I approached her with my ear.

 

"Thanks for helping me out today, Zy, I don't know if I'd do without you." Liz thanked again, louder.

 

But I didn't mind and did the same thing again "What are you saying? Speak louder so I can hear!"

 

"Fuck you! I don't need your help anymore!" She screamed bravely, causing some neighbors to turn on the curious lights to know what was going on.

 

When she saw that everyone heard her screaming, Liz died of shame and punched me in the arm as she tried to disguise it.

 

"Hahahaha, I'm playing with you. I had a great time today, thanks for letting me accompany you too." I responded with a sincere smile that calmed her down a bit. "See you later." I said as I walked out waving my hand at her.

 

"Bye, Zy." She said goodbye to me as she watched me walk out her door.

 

When I got home, two pairs of eyes looked at me with huge smiles on their faces. "How was your date? Looks like she's liking you!" My mother said.

 

"That I find what Mom, I just took her to the concert." I answered while I was a little embarrassed.

 

"Hahahaha, get ready, boy, from now on it's only gonna get worse." My father laughed after seeing my mother's reaction.

 

I went to my room and used the rest of the night to practice my singing.

 

Zhanye Black

CHARM: 56/00

AGI: 64/00

STR: 52/100

INT: 74/100

LUCKY: ??

Cooking: 75/100

Workout: 46/100

Champions Strike: 64/100

Voice: 35/100

Drive: 43/100

Piano: 51/100

Points to Distribute: 0

The 24th chapter is already published on Patreon, wanna suport me and read it?
Patre on.com/Zhanye ♥ ♥ ♥

22