04 – Status
1.4k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I know it may seem kind of sudden, but these past few months that I've spent in isolation in the room I wasn't feeling well with myself. I tried to get out a few times, but I only had enough courage today." I made up a plausible excuse at the time. After all, it would be strange if my attitude had such a drastic change right out of the blue.

My mother, who was still between my hugs, squeezed me harder and said softly. "I'm so happy."

My father, who was trying to control the tears since he entered the kitchen, couldn't hold on anymore and came to hug me too.

The children, who had now eaten my two Eggs Benedict, didn't understand very well what was happening, but so they wouldn't be left out, they also came to hug me.

Feeling the warmth that these four people were transmitting to me... is a kind of feeling that I can easily get used to.

After the long and warm hug, my stomach snored again, but this time even louder. I was embarrassed to hear it happen, but hearing it only made my mother more worried. "Weren't you eating with the children?"

"Well, actually only the kids were eating. I had only made two Eggs Benedict, and each ate one." I answered as I looked at the children, who were now hiding behind my father's legs with a curious look at me.

Probably they came at that time without fear because of the food, now that the two were already full, they began to look at me curiously. At least, now that I've helped them to eat, they seem no longer afraid, it's just a curiosity to understand what's going on.

Hearing that the children ate everything, my father and mother laughed.

"I'll make some more Eggs Benedict for us to eat then." My mother said. "In the meantime, sit with your father at the dinner table."

I could see the genuine happiness smile on her face because I could prepare food for us, so I didn't deny it and went to sit at the table with my father.
"When did you learn the kitchen?" He asked curiously.

Damn, I didn't think of that... "I've seen some videos on the Internet. I just followed the step-by-step and managed to make something edible. Was it good, kids?"

The twins, who were listening to the conversation from the side, were a little frightened by the subject of the conversation being transferred to them, but quickly Henry answered. "Yeah... it was pretty good, Zhanye."

Sue heard his answer and nodded his head positively over and over again.

Seeing that they really liked it a lot, I smiled on my face, which consequently also opened one on my father's face. From Zy's memory, he didn't seem to smile much, especially with his family, so it must have been a good thing to see me acting like that.

My mother took advantage of the fact that I had already left a lot of Eggs Benedict stuff ready and made our portion very fast. When I tasted it, I started to doubt my culinary skills... dude, that was very tasty!

"That's the power of a devoted mother." Sarah said with a big smile on her face when she saw my pleasant surprise.

"I think I need a little practice to catch up with you hahaha." I said naturally while eating.

But the surprise on the faces of the two adults was obvious, they still didn't get used to my attitude, but it was obvious how happy they were with it.

That's something I had to develop when I lived at the orphanage. Either I would have a positivist attitude about life, or I would simply be hostage to depression.

We talked for a while until I felt I needed to assimilate many things from this world, and I withdrew from the table towards my room in the basement.

Seeing where I was going, Sarah became desperate and asked with worried eyes. "Son... you will..."

Before she broke up, I opened a quiet smile and said... "Don't worry, Mom, the door will be unlocked. I'm just gonna pack up a few things, at lunchtime I'll go out and eat together, okay?"

"Okay! I'll make a special lunch then!" She answered very excitedly.

When I walked into the room, I saw how many posters there were and I felt ashamed. I couldn't let the kids see something like that.

*rriiip*

One by one I started removing and tearing the posters hentai from the room. The posters of normal animes, which had nothing pornographic I did not mind leaving on the wall.

But something crossed my mind when I started thinking about those animals. It's just that none of them were definitely part of my old world. To confirm my hypothesis, I went looking for the best movie that ever existed. "Shrek"

But to my surprise, no green, charismatic ogre appeared on the research tab. Speaking of the search tab, I just realized now, that the page was very similar, but the name of this site was not Google.

I started researching about several films, songs, series, games, companies, but nothing that I knew appeared in this research site... maybe I wasn't in the same dimension anymore? Hearing this I started to get desperate, but a few minutes of reflecting a little, I felt that this could actually be better! Since now, everything would be new to me, I wouldn't have to spend hours looking for something new and interesting to watch on Netflix.

The only thing that will be bad is that I lost my Spotify playlists... had such good songs...

I always loved singing and playing instruments, at least the reason I learned to cook, I heard that women liked men who played guitar, so I started practicing. But in a moment, I just stopped caring about being with women and started really enjoying the music. I went to singing and guitar lessons, it was a lot of fun to get together with my friends from school and sing old songs during the break between classes... I hope I can do it again.

As I looked around the room, I saw a character who didn't look like an anime. When I tried to remember him, I found out that this character was part of a very famous game in that world, the name of the game was Champions Tournament, seeing the memories that this Zy had of that game... I discovered that it was practically a League of Legends from that world.

"The difference is that this game has Status diff..." before I could finish the sentence I was saying alone, a holographic screen appeared in front of me.
》》《《
Zhanye Black
Lvl: 01
CHARM: 31/100
AGI: 40/100
STR: 16/100
INT: 64/100
LUCKY: ??

Cooking: 70/100

Points to Distribute: 10
》》《《
But what surprised me was that this screen didn't appear on the computer screen, but it was floating in the air.

26