06 – CHARM
1.4k 3 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the children picked up the dolls, I carefully put them on the floor. My weak arms were about to get numb... I need to get a handle on this.

With the twins holding the dolls as if they were a treasure, we went down to the kitchen and saw a table full of food, there was so much!

"Where did these dolls come from?" Sarah asked the children with a smile on her face.

Henry answered quietly with the apparent happiness in his voice. "Zhanye gave it to us."

"And you thanked him?" Sarah asked as she looked at me with a very happy look on her face. That I reciprocated with a slight smile of shame.

Henry and Sue turned to me and Henry thanked me vocally while Sue said thank you for the sign language.

The lunch was very peaceful, we all remained silent most of the time while just enjoying each other's presence.

After I finished lunch, I offered to wash the dishes, but my father wouldn't let me, he said it was his turn today and that he wouldn't accept me washing instead.

When I came up to the room, I started catching up on my thoughts. First, I still have two months of vacation so I can use this time to transform myself. Honestly, I have nothing against fat people, but I won't feel comfortable with myself even if I have to stay that way for the rest of my life. I think I'm gonna sign up for a gym today.

But before that, I need to focus on what's most important... the system!

Maybe if I said Status mentally works? Wait... I just said it and it didn't work... even though I didn't mean to open it. Let me try to tell you to open the screen now. 'Status!'

Zhanye Black
Lvl: 01
CHARM: 31/100
AGI: 40/100
STR: 16/100
INT: 64/100
LUCKY: ??
Cooking: 70/100
Points to Distribute: 10

It's open! 'Close Status!' I thought with intent to close and it closed. What if I said it out loud with no intention of opening the window? "Status."

Zhanye Black
Lvl: 01
CHARM: 31/100
AGI: 40/100
STR: 16/100
INT: 64/100
LUCKY: ??
Cooking: 70/100
Points to Distribute: 10

Okk... it means that if I say it out loud the window will open even if I don't want to... maybe this is a mechanism so that I don't go years without finding out that I have this system in me. But who gave me this system by the way?

Looking at my statistics screen, I see the 10 points available for distribution. If I follow the previous knowledge I have for having played RPG, the wiser choice I could make was to use these points in INT, since the more points you have, the harder it is to earn more in that statistic, but there is something inside me eating out of curiosity to know what will happen if I put the 10 points in CHARM.

You know what? I don't care, I'll put it in CHARM and that's it. There's no one selling even to charge me for right or wrong.

'System, add 10 points to CHARM!' I ordered it mentally. Suddenly, a small tab appeared asking for confirmation...

[Do you want to add 10 points in CHARM?]
[Yes / No]

'Yes!' I answered.

Ten seconds...
Twenty seconds...
40 seconds...
One minute...

Nothing happened, I was about to curse this system for having me fooled when suddenly an absurd itch began to come from my face. It was if thousands of ants were stinging my face and I couldn't do anything about it.

In my head, this itching lasted for hours, but when my hand touched my face to scratch, the itching suddenly stopped and I felt something like a paste on my face.

When I looked in the mirror, little white bubbles were all over my face. I quickly went to the bathroom and washed my face in the sink with soap and cold water.

When I lifted my head and looked in the mirror, I saw that my skin was smooth as if I never had any acne there. No spots or birthmarks were present on my face, it was a pale white skin that would give my appearance a charm if it weren't for those extra kilos.

I looked at that folder that was in the sink and I felt disgusted... it was probably the impurities that were on my skin. Suddenly, I remembered that my skin wasn't just on my face, so I ran into the shower after taking off my clothes to take a bath and clean up these impurities.

When I came out of the shower, the touch on my skin was as soft and soft as it should always have been. Really... that system is miraculous. Besides the impurities in my skin, I could feel that my face had changed a little. It was not as if I had become someone else, but as if lightly, my features had become more delicate and refined.

But... how am I supposed to explain this to my parents? I got desperate thinking about that possibility. After all, it would be very strange for the boy who appeared a few hours ago with a face full of acne to now have the skin of a normal person.

Well... I don't have a choice. I need to start going to the gym and the saying that stock market investors say "Yesterday was ideal, today is good, and tomorrow will be late". It does not just apply to the financial market, but to healthy living as well. The best day to start having a diet and a healthier life is today.

I put on some loose clothes that wouldn't get in the way of my workout, and I left the room. When I arrived in the living room, I waited for my parents' astonishing reaction when they saw my different face, but it was as if they didn't notice.

They looked at me with the same happy looks as when they saw me coming down for lunch with them, apparently, they were happy for my presence, but concerning my appearance, it was as if she was always the same way.

Maybe that's a system thing? I need to test that further. If I were to increase my CHARM statistics on my own, one of the things I would have to do would be a skin treatment. It's impossible that my parents wouldn't notice the difference that a skin treatment would make to me... maybe an artificial increase, how do I add points directly in the statistics cause this effect? So people don't think I'm a freak?

Thinking about this possibility I started to get excited because of course, I always wanted to be recognized, but if people saw my appearance changing all at once, maybe I could even be turned into a lab rat so that scientists would find out what I was doing to make it more beautiful.

25