18 – Garage Bands
1.1k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gave up understanding what she meant by it and continued to have lunch.

After lunch, I was lying on the couch taking a nap while Henry and Sue were lying on either side of me also taking a nap.

Suddenly I heard a noise of a photo being taken, I opened my curious eyes and noticed my mother taking a picture of us with a proud look. I was surprised and asked silently with the lips for her to send me the photo later, I wanted to put as my background of the cell phone.

I took a few more minutes of peace on the couch and when the children woke up and got up I took the opportunity to stretch myself too. As it was summer it was very hot, so I went up to my room and took a shower.

While I was looking for some clothes to wear in the wardrobe. with a towel tied around my waist, my mother entered the room and looked at me from top to bottom.

"I'll have to be careful that women don't throw themselves in your direction like that." She laughed as she pointed to my developing six-pack.

I laughed a little and grabbed a shirt a little loose to wear.

When I put on my shirt, my mother threw the car keys at me and said "All right, son, our neighbor asked me to take her daughter to her cello concert today, since their car broke down three weeks ago and is still in the workshop today.

I make a face of someone who finally understood what she wanted and asked me quenching my doubts. "So you were acting all mysterious because our neighbor's daughter is Liz, right?"

Seeing that I had understood everything, she laughed and answered. "Yeah, but I can see you guys are already calling each other by last names... hmmm. Since you already have the license in hand, in addition to getting to know her, I thought you'd like to accompany the little lady to her concert."

I didn't correct my mother to see that she was misunderstanding our relationship. Honestly, I'm not too worried about a romance right now, we only know each other for two weeks. Even with my double meaning jokes, I saw that Liz was also taking everything in play and doesn't want anything serious for now. If we want to kiss each other sometime I have no problem with that, but a serious relationship I think would be very hasty.

I finished getting dressed when my mother left the room and with the keys in my waist pocket I went out towards the house next door.

Their house was very similar to ours, the only difference was that in the background I could hear a Rock song playing as if it were from the environment.

* Knock Knock *

While I was waiting for the door to open I started to sing the song's melody, it was something very generic, it wasn't a captivating song like Smells Like Teen Spirit by the band Nirvana, where you couldn't hear without shaking your head and singing along if you knew the lyrics.

While I was lost in my thoughts humming this song, the door was opened by an apparently forty-something man, wearing a black shirt, chain bracelets, and long black hair. Obviously a rock 'n' roll fan. "Can I help you? He asked in a somewhat hostile tone when he saw that I was a boy."

When I heard his voice, I returned to the reality of my answer. "Hello, sir, yes, you can. Is that Liza's house?"

"It's her house, but she's already leaving for a very important appointment. I suggest you come back another time." He says as he crosses his arms.

"Honey, Sarah just told me that she had a last-minute appointment and asked her eldest son to take Liz to us. Stop attacking the boy." A beautiful Korean woman shows up and explains to the man saving me some work.

When the man heard that, I obviously felt his body relaxing and a smile appearing on his face. "Oh yeah, I'm sorry about that boy. When I saw a pretty boy knocking on my door and looking for my daughter, I couldn't help but raise my guard like a good father," he said. He says before he laughs.

I walk into their house and while I enjoy the music that was playing in the background I see some vinyl records hanging on the wall. "My mother said you have a rock band..."

"I think the best definition is a bunch of old men who play in a garage hahaha. Do you like rock?"

"I love that." I agree without taking my eyes off the disks on the wall. What most caught my attention was that none of these bands were known in my old world, probably didn't even exist.

"Ohh, that's interesting. What's your favorite band?" He asks while raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

"I like Nirvana very much, but I also hear a lot of Red Hot Chilly Peppers." I answered without realizing that I had said some bands from my old world because I was too focused on the records on the wall.

"I don't think I know any of those bands... are they new-generation?" He asked with one hand on his chin.

When I realized what I had said, I started to sweat cold and quickly said the first excuse that came into my head. "They're garage bands. They haven't had much success yet."

"You've earned a lot of points with me now boy, definitely garage bands are much better than all that crap the bands are doing just to sell more." He replied with a laugh that made me more relaxed.

While we were talking about music, Liza came downstairs and called me. "Hi, Zy."

When I turned my vision to her I was a little astonished. If that day she was beautiful, today she was spectacular. An elegant dress with light makeup on the face, for sure showed the best that this girl could offer. "Hi, Liz."

"Ohh, did you guys know each other?" Her father asked in a curious voice.

I was a little scared and looked at him trying to see if he was angry, but I was happy to see that he only had a slight approval look on his face. I think talking to him about rock was the best thing I could have done.

"Father... Remember I told you I met a guy going to buy pizza that day? So it was Zy." Liza answered.

"Ahh yes." He showed a sign of understanding on his face.

"Are you taking me to the presentation, Zy?" She asked while carrying a very large suitcase.

Yes, my mother had some problems and asked me to come."

"Do you really know how to drive?" She asked with a dubious look.

"Of course I do! If you want we can go backwards from here to there hahaha." I played while I took the case out of her hands.

When I put the thing in the trunk, a notification came to me.

[Mission: Prevent a disaster from happening today.] Reward: 50 points of mastery with piano.]

17