32 – Apologize
1.1k 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My grandfather has 89 points in piano?! What's that? And I can only see his statistics that we have in common?

Seeing my face in amazement, my grandfather was surprised and asked. "What? I guessed wrong?"

I quickly responded. "No way, I was surprised you hit the fly exactly. I never asked you, Grandpa, but where do you work at?"

Hearing what I asked, he answered naturally. "I work at the American Academy of Arts and Letters. If you're interested, I can get you to participate in some national competition, I think with your level, it's already possible to compete with the country's promising young people".

I was in shock when I heard what he said, but I rejected the offer, I was already participating with Liz, maybe this could be a good surprise for him someday. "No, Grandpa, I appreciate that, but if in the future I want to, I'll let you know."

"Big Bro, are you gonna teach me how to play that song someday? She sounds a lot more fun than the other songs to play." Henry asked me very excited.

"Sure, but before you can do that, you've got to take a 30-second round of tickling non-stop!" I said as I picked him up and started tickling.

The rest of the day we rested and I talked a lot with my grandparents about various subjects until my time to go to the academy came.

...

The next day I woke up early and after showering I found my grandparents having breakfast with my parents while the children were still asleep.

When I started the live stream, I decided to leave the camera on from the beginning, surprising some people who didn't watch yesterday's broadcast and leaving a strange feeling to me, since during the matches, if I made any funny faces people would clip and show it to everyone.

But it turned out that when the first game was over I was used to it and I started to find people's reactions to what I was like amusing.

After I finished the second match, the number of viewers remained between 500 - 600 people. But of all the comments I saw going on, there was one that was always there, repeating all the time, until finally the author of that comment donated to me.

- WindowToYou donated $5. "Zy, I just donated to you, please sing a song for me!" –

"You know what? All right, I'll do it then, Window, as an apology for taking so long to sing a song for you, here it is!" I said with an excited look as I got up and brought my piano near the microphone.

Viewers were curious and excited when they saw me bringing the piano while wondering what music I would play.

After I pressed the REC button on the program I was using to record the live stream, my fingers started to tap the piano keys lightly and I started singing along.

"I'm holdin' on a rope
Got me ten feet off the ground
I'm hearing what you say
But I just can't make a sound (Oh yea..)
They tell me that you mean it
Then you go and cut me down
But wait
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around
And say
That it's too late to apologize
It's too late
Said it's too late to apologize
It's too late..." ♫

Apologize was the first song I could think of to sing to WindowToYou, not to mention that it was one of my favorite OneRepublic songs in my past life.

But the reaction I got from the audience was a little different than I expected since, in my head, people would just think I'd sing a little well? Or maybe even a reaction from people finding cringe.

[WindowToYou: What a beautiful voice...] That $5 was worth every penny... now you'll have to sing more, I want to hear your voice all the time!]

[SkateMaster: My girlfriend broke up with me last week, we were together for over a year, but after a while she started treating me differently. When she broke up with me I was devastated, but now that I was recovering from watching her Live Streams, she sent me a message asking us to get back together. Listening to her music reminded me of the suffering she caused me and let me rethink what was best for me. Thanks, Zy.]

- SadLoneless donated $20. "Zy, my girlfriend broke up with me two months ago and I'd been asking myself every day what I did so she wouldn't consider taking me back. After hearing that song I finally got that weight off my heart, thank you very much!" –

[DancingNightAway: That song had so much feeling... it's been a long time since I've listened to a song that made me so happy! Sing more Zy!]

[HowToLayInAChair: Yes Zy, please sing more! Post the Music Link too so I can download it!]

Reading each of these comments aroused a very good feeling in my chest. It felt great to see so many people feeling good about the music. "Yeah guys, I just recorded that song and I'm gonna post it on my QiTube channel, so if you're not signed up yet, sign up there so you can rewatch the song when I post it there."

While I was singing, I thought someone might record this song and sing it before I became famous, so I'll have to take a little time to get the copyright on some songs someday.

When I played again, people in the chat were still arguing about the song I sang, while many were still asking me to sing more.

I had to deny everyone with the excuse that I would sing again the next day. The number of spectators had risen to 700 while I was singing, breaking another record I had achieved.

While the Clip I was singing in had already gotten more views on the Switch than the Clip I had made with Kenny where we used 5 decoys.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Want to support me and read up-to 28 ahead chapters?
Support me on patreon ↓
Patreon.com/Zhanye
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

22