Finding Out About My New Powers!
188 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuuki hurriedly analyzed his surroundings... It was all so impressive. The trees with gleaming sparkles and the sky in its purest possible color. That was the definition of dazzling in the most literal sense of the word.

"What a place more... Impressive." He inevitably praised.

Many followed and praised as well, with this, they soon felt the breeze of warm air hitting against their faces, it was as if nature was fully aware of it and was welcoming it.

- Weird, I feel like I'm messing with my mind to move forward... A strange and compelling feeling. Christina muttered in confusion.

All the other students felt the same way, unlike Yuuki who didn't notice anything different.

"The way seems to be to move on." 

Not caring much about the discussion about what to do with his team, Yuuki started a walk into the forest. It was a claustrophobic place that stirred the mind and played with the perception of those who dared to try to cross, a forest that literally destroyed spark after spark of the consciousness of those of weak soul.

Yuuki didn't care about any of this, his perception remained solid as a boulder and his impenetrable mind as a fort, in general, crossing an empty and silent forest was not such a difficult job.

"I really thought this place was dangerous, but it doesn't feel like a big deal, especially after this strange power started circling around me." 

An aura invisible to everyone except Yuuki himself was circling his body. It was like a power that took on a dark and overwhelming form, it was strangely malleable.

- Grrrrrrrrrraaaa 

"What the hell was that?!"

After hearing such a roar, Yuuki finally showed some concern about it. As much as that extremely loud roar came from close range, it was not possible to hear any sound, it was as if the footsteps of this creature did not emit any sound.

That alerted the young student even more.

"It seems the dangers were no joke."

In a quick thought, Yuuki jumped using purely his instincts and overdeveloped brain skills. All the students who merged with his letter gained a superhuman nature in all respects without exception.

With this move, Yuuki dodged having possible 35-centimeter claws tearing through his flesh.

"It looks like a prehistoric bear."

As was said, the image of that animal and its presence radiated the purest fear, be it its appearance or its aura, was a much deeper and more deafening fear than the forest had previously emanated.

Yuuki didn't feel any terror yet, it was as if nothing outside could penetrate his mind. But even though he wasn't afraid, he still partially retained some of his instincts as a human and thanks to that he couldn't even move to confront the monster... His body lay motionless because Yuuki thought it was right.

However, in an attempt to defend himself unconsciously, the dark aura of before grew like a volcano, crushing the huge bear with a terrifying gravity apart from the pressure it caused.

Eventually, the creature began to grunt like a little animal as it cried softly, a gigantic fear penetrated the amalgamation of its brain, leaving the bear on the verge of delirium and madness at the amount of fear that was projected onto the aura.

Yuuki then recalled that the old man earlier said that aura induces fear in weaker creatures, and that was what was occurring at the moment, a fear so raw that it would put an opponent in a state of pure madness.

"So... I can do things like that now, can I consider myself some kind of monster?"

Yuuki let out those words with a bitter smile. He swallowed dryly, watching as the huge, imposing creature prostrated itself to the brink of madness.

Eventually, Yuuki managed to slowly decrease his outsized amount of aura. He thought that at first he had a fear-based aura, it would be cool, the ability to put fear in any enemy, even if he was weak he would win several fights.

"I feel like it's not that, I wonder if there's any way I can know what power I've gained."

- I'm here to tell you this! Much Pleasure, I am the Newsletter Board of your Letter and I can tell you some things and teach you some things about me! – a thin voice nudged Yuuki's head.

He soon thought he was going crazy, but he recalled the previous situation, putting fear in a gigantic bear without moving a muscle was already an extremely unusual event.

"How do you intend to help me?"

Yuuki tried to show some hope, but it was impossible, it seemed too ridiculous.

-HEY! I can feel all your emotions, I am you now, we share the same body, mind and information. I am your power, your sword, you are my bearer, my host. – The honor in the words of the thin voice was impressive.

"Well, what can you teach me?"

- Very well asked! I will begin by teaching you about your own ability, unlike what you imagined, your power is not anything involving the of putting fear in the enemy, your real ability and Nullifying other Powers. An ability also known as Power Denial. 

"Speaking that way sounds really impressive."

By the way explained it seemed to be a useful power, nullifying other powers is always fun.

- Anyway, there's not much else beyond that, the rest depends more on your imagination.

"My imagination? Could you give a better explanation?"

Yuuki wasn't confused, but he couldn't fully grasp the meaning of the word.

- Moooo! I'm sure I explained it well, but well, I'll try to exemplify. Most people who have the ability to Deny other Powers always use it the same way because of their reasoning. – she said dumbly. - However, the Denial of Power has much better ways of being used, such as, you can imagine some kind of animal and possibly an animal will be born with your attribute, the abilities of the creature depend more on your own imagination.

"Are you saying I can have an army of powerful creatures?" 

- It's not impossible, but with your current skill I find it difficult, you have potential, but you're still a beginner. So why not try to imagine some animal that suits you? 

This suggestion refreshed Yuuki's mind, it would be interesting a companion of his own power, he could help you in battles and increase your arsenal of skills.

"Just imagine an animal, so rest will happen on its own? Yuuki asked for assurance.

- Yes, power takes shape from the will of the user, the essence respects that to the letter. Like when you put fear in the bear, you felt threatened and the essence protected you immediately.

Taking a deep breath, Yuuki illustrated the image of some animals in his head, trying to come up with the most realistic form possible.

Eventually, the wave of dark power danced around him, this power was of completely invisible origin and could not be seen or felt. Taking an increasingly structured and materialized form, here was a new creature, it was generated from Yuuki's power.

That was... Was... A species of parrot? Yes, it was a green-feathered parrot, but thanks to being built from the dark aura, its color was black and quite relentless. That little thing was just as cute to the parrots Yuuki saw in news reports. It was a Capao.

- Glad I was expecting this, you've always found these little things cute.

"I didn't think so, they're really cute and fun."

The parrot hurriedly climbed Yuuki up to his shoulder and hanging there, the creature seemed thirsty for affection and attention from his 'father'.

"He's pretty sticky."

Yuuki grumbled noticing how that little thing was clinging to him tightly.

-Naturally! You are now his father... Or hers, anyway, this little thing loves you so much that it would die for you without a second thought.

"The way you're saying it sounds like a weird relationship..."

- I don't see anything weird, anyway, this nameless little thing is like an Invocation. – Briefly speaking, you decide on a name for it and can always call it, skills vary on how the user sees their own pet. 

"A name ein, glad I have one that will match it perfectly!" 

Yuuki smiled proudly this time. The voice already knew what name it would be, and even inside the teen's head, she felt acute disappointment.

"Very well, you'll be called Shoggoth!"

A terribly creepy name for such a cute creature.

- N-Now that you've chosen the name, I think we'd better move on, just one more thing, punch that tree. 

"Punch the tree? Which one?"

Yuuki was now confused.

"Didn't I already tell you it's that one?! And put as little force as possible! 

A bead of sweat dripped down Yuuki's forehead.

"How the fuck am I going to know the tree?! I can't even see you doom!"

- IT'S THE BLUE-BARKED TREE! SATISFIED BROKEN IN? 

"I'M NOT SATISFIED! COME UP I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU!"

A lovely argument with insults began, it lasted some time before Yuuki positioned himself in front of the tree. He armed his fist and struck a blow at the tree, just as a wave of destruction swept through part of the forest destroying everything in its path.

With a look of pure surprise and even a little fear of himself, that was too much power, it was scary. Most impressively, Yuuki didn't even put force into the blow.

- Do not hesitate to attack, as much as you have power and it will continuously increase from now on, you can die... I can't protect you too much. – comfortably she showed concern.

"No need to worry, this happened to the bear because everything was so new to me."

- Well, whenever you need me you can call me, eventually I'll be losing my personality, basically, first of all I'll tell you a little about me. – Taking a deep breath, she was determined.

Yuuki sat leaning his back on a tree, he prepared to listen.

- Back in the day, I was like you, a person who struggles... I think we can call it that Te-He, initially, my power was not well accepted within the clans or even within my own family, I mean, this is obvious, it doesn't make much sense for a negation-type power that can only be used on people of the same rank to be useful. – she paused for a moment. - I really tried to fight all of this, but it didn't help much, a Rank is a Rank, I was Silver Rank and as much as I had good strength and skills, my card/power wasn't very compatible with me... With that, I ended up dying.

Yuuki remained static and unchanged, not that he was too moved, he barely knew that voice, he would hardly express anything but indifference after she was gone.

- Well, I summarized a large part, I'm not good at telling my story hehehe, but I had to, the previous one told his story to me too! Well, I'll just tell you one more thing, your power will gradually kill you. 

Yuuki's features stiffened at such a revelation, though he suspected that at one time or another it would possibly happen. He was slowly feeling very different from the conventional, as if little by little all things were becoming meaningless. 

- Basically, you and your card have become one soul, mind and body. With these details, it is easy to say that its compatibility with the object exceeds 100%. You are completely united to this card and consequently to power, eventually you will become the very definition of Denial of Power, even I do not know what you will become. – She explained seriously, stepping out of the traditional fun personality.

"So the way is to learn not to become that." He replied casually without much concern.

Despite everything, Yuuki wasn't the type to feel afraid, after developing this emptier mode, his feelings are even smaller.

Inevitably, due to his lack of attention, another mutant bear, containing an overwhelming size, prepared an attack from behind his back. The monstrous creature raised its sturdy arm and attacked with its claws.

CRUNCH• 

CRUNCH

In a measly instant, the entire bear was swallowed. The sound caught the attention of Yuuki who turned to see Shoggoth swallowing the creature whole. The once fluffy and attractive head turned into a large amalgamation of a dark smoke with sharp teeth and a huge skull, he didn't even need to chew the bear, he swallowed it entirely.

- How can such a little animal be so terrifying...? – The voice was dumbfounded. 

"Shoggoth is a good boy."

While the voice showed a slight fear, Yuuki looked quite proud. Soon his eyes widened slightly. A sense of power filled his body, along with that in his mind reflected an image, it was like the reflection of the bear performing a blow with his paw covered in energy. 

"M... But what was that."

- Before I say goodbye, I wanted to tell you exactly about this, Shoggoth has the ability to devour things, be it everything from rocks to living things like you've seen... I didn't expect it to be so scary. – commented uncomfortably at his sight. - Apparently, everything he eats will end up in another place out of this world, I really don't know where it is, including, the protons and neutrons are all transformed into energy, along with that comes the neurological functions and all the memories and information about the devoured. 

"My Shoggoth is so useful!"

Showing some sentimentality after all, Yuuki looked a little happy.

- I think after all it's just that, my consciousness is slowly fading, eventually I'll be like an informative program in your head, you ask and I answer hehehe, with that you won't be lost about your powers and abilities. 

"You don't have to worry too much, it shouldn't be hard to bring your consciousness back, especially in a crazy world like this. My main goal is to get back home, but regaining your consciousness shouldn't be too time-consuming work."

Yuuki despite not feeling any empathy tried to show any, no matter how hard he tried, it was too hard for him. The voice just let out air through her nose, she seemed genuinely happy with that announcement.

- I hope, I'll be waiting! Anyway, I wish you the best of luck. 

"Thank you."

- One last little thing, my name is Anna. – she finished amused.

A silence that could be called horrendous flowed through the forest, an instant that seemed more like minutes passed. Yuuki stood up from where he was sitting, his eyes looking lightly icier.

"Let's get out of this forest."

That wasn't a doubt, it was an announcement. Yuuki began his path to an inevitable adventure within a new world.

6