CH 4 – I regret my past decisions.
2.7k 16 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I've had a lot of time to think about during my time at the hospital. Even though I'm living in this world, it seems to be influenced by the norms of a romcom manga.

For example, I was let off by the police with no charges. Maybe it was because I had saved somebody, but in my original world, I would have been prosecuted at least with a few charges of assault + attempted murder.

Another example would be how fast my concussion and bullet wound healed - It only took 2 weeks. Honestly, seeing my bullet wound close and heal in that short amount of time creeped me out.

The three men that attempted to sexually assault Shimizu-san were kind of half-dead, but nevertheless, still alive. One man with a rib fracture, another with a knee fracture, and the last one with physical trauma in the form of a bullet wound to the shoulder.

Everything seemed to be resolved. Shimizu-san and I was safe, the perpetrators were all sentenced to death, and no charges were inflicted on me. Yes, everything was supposed to be resolved and fine, yet...

"...Why are you still visiting me Shimizu-san?" 
"Why wouldn't I? You are my benefactor after all." 
"I keep telling you, its fine. It was for my own satisfaction anyways."
"Is that so? Then I guess I'm grateful for your selfishness."
"Stop talking like that, you're creeping me out."
"What do you mean~?"
"Like that, you crazy bitch..."
"Hmm? Did I hear something?"
"...No."

 'What is this psycho on about???  You literally cannot be saying that after the shit you pull at school towards all the boys!'

"Huh? Who the fuck are you? You look like a twisted frog that jumped into sewer water to catch dead fish."
"I would have smacked you, but that would be animal abuse. I don't want to see your sorry ass, so get the fuck out of my sight."
"No, no, what are you saying? I am listening, it just takes me a moment to process so much fucking stupid information all at once, you know?"

Ah, here comes that migraine again. 

Sigh.

"...You don't have to come up to me all the time at school though."
"Why not?"
"Cause it's annoying."
"Not my problem."
"..."

It doesn't help either that everyone is now paying attention to me now as well. 

"That fucking lucky bastard...."
"I've never seen Shimizu-chan act like towards anyone else..."
"Isn't he the person that stopped a kidnapping?"

...I regret my decision to save her. This is a nightmare.

----------

(Morning - Homeroom)
"Hey~ Ishikawa-kun~ What's your hobby~?"
"Stop pestering me..."
"Don't care!"
"..."

(Lunch - Classroom)
"Hey~ Hey~ Stop ignoring me~ I can't believe you would do that to a woman as extravagent as me~"
"..."

(Maths - Classroom)
"Mou~~~ Maybe I should just blackmail you~?"
"..."

(English - Classroom)
"I'm going to sit on your lap if you don't respond to me, Ishikawa-k-"
"...OKAY! I get it! Fine! I don't want to have the whole school stab daggers at me while you continue to toy with me..."
"That wasn't so hard was it?"
"Fuck off."
"Boohoo, I'm so sad~ Oh, my heart feels like its been twisted right now~"
"..."

----------

Hmm. I can't seem to get this lunatic off me. 

"So what's the big deal?"
"Hm?"
"Don't you love Jiro-kun?"
"Of course I do."
"...Then why are you following me?"
"..."
"..."
".....Pffff. Haha."
"I can punch you right?"

She burst out laughing, her silver hair flowing through the air as the smell of sweet strawberries wavered in the room.

"...Sniff... Hahhh.... Your reactions are the best- I can't..."
"My what?"

Chuckling, she pivoted on the spot as she gazed outside the window. Her ruby eyes glistened in the sunlight, slightly damp from her tears.

"You're an interesting person, Ishikawa-kun. Never had I thought that the person who saved me would be this intriguing and fun to tease."
"That doesn't feel like a compliment..."
"No, it is- Trust me."

She turned her head back to me.

"I ain't trusting a woman who lashes out at every man like she tilted 24/7 from losing 9 ranked matches in a row."

She tilted her head slightly.

"What are 'ranked matches'?"
"Hmm? It's like the competitive gamemode where peopl- Wait, why am I even bothered trying to explain this to you?"

She laughed. 

Thud, thud, thud.

Running ahead of me, she pivoted back to face me, and grinned.

"I'll see you tomorrow again, Ishikawa-kun."
"Please, I'd rather not spend another day dealing with your shit."
"Hahahaha!"

This damn woman is going to drive me crazy.

----------

A/N: I started using the characters' last names, since its more respectful in Japan for acquaintances. I went back and fixed it in the previous chapters already. Also there's an illustration chapter set up now, if you still haven't seen it.

89