CH 6 – Cute.
2.4k 18 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Listen... I'm sorry. I took it too far."

Sniff...

Her eyelids were dyed with a speck of scarlet red. She was biting her lips, squeezing the hem of her skirt. 

I held my hands in front of me, unsure whether to give her space or comfort her.

Her appearance reminded me of a depressed cat. A tinge of guilt enveloped me, as I gazed into her eyes, trying to pass on my sincerity of my apology.

My body halted when I met her eyes. 

Those eyes... extremely piercing, yet so clear. I was entranced, I felt as if I had fallen into her deep transparent ruby eyes. 

I unconsciously extended my right hand towards her, before landing on the top of her head.

Her body shook violently. 

"..."

I softly ruffled her silky silver hair, as we both stayed silent. The feeling of warmth from the sunlight enveloped us, and the sound of distant chattering and laughter filled the courtyard, as we both continued to lock eye contact with each other.

She was the first to break contact, darting her eyes down. However, she did not tell me to stop, nor did she signal and imply that she wanted me to stop. 

I don't know how long I had patted her. Eventually though, she stopped shaking. Although I couldn't see her expression well anymore, I could tell that her ears were flushed. 

"...Mmhm...."

She slightly let out a satisfied voice, breaking my long trance. 

I released my hand from her head. 

"...Ah..."

The clouds slowly began to cover the bright blue skies again.

"...Look. I apologise for teasing you that hard. And I'm also sorry that I made you cry. I'll make it up to you. How about that?"

"...Okay."

I jolted suddenly, when I felt something tugging the hem of my blazer. I tilted my head downwards, my eyes drifting only to find her pale delicate fingers holding them.

"Um... Shimizu-san?"

"...Don't call me by my last name."

"Huh?"

"Mei."

"..."

"Call me Mei. My first name."

My.

First. 

Name.

Mei.

"...I'm sorry, what?"

"...Say it."

"...M... M...... Mei-san?"

"...Nghh..."

She began pulling my hem back and forth, as if she wanted me to say the correct words.

"I- I ca-"

The hem of my shirt began to feel more tighter. I made up my mind.

".....Mei."

"..."

I scratched the tip of my nose and darted my eyes away from her. My face felt hotter than usual, and I was squirming in place, like I was itching from an ant's nest. 

"Isamu." 

My eyelids shot open. The feeling of her fingers left my blazer, as my eyes slowly returned to her figure.

She had her arms behind her back, and her upper body was tilted slightly sideways. Her expression came into view. Her face was a bright vermillion, with a sort of embarrassed yet happy smile as she gazed at me.

As the sunlight reappeared, it shone on Mei's figure, as it engulfed her in a bright dusk, her slightly red eyelids complementing with her ruby eyes and flushed face. It felt like time had stopped, as I stood there motionlessly, in a daze.

But, because of everything that had happened up until this point, I unconsciously let it slip from my mouth.

"...Cute."

Her body stopped suddenly. 

"...Um. No, I didn't mean to-"

She dashed past me, leaving me behind in the courtyard with my right hand extended towards her disappearing figure.

"..."

"...Shit."

----------

A/N: Short chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for the support guys!

84