CH 14 – Uh oh.
2k 6 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I gazed at Ishikawa-kun.

He was sitting at his desk, his arm propped up on the desk, supporting his head. His mouth opened as he let out a silent yawn, mini droplets of tears forming in the corners of his eyes.

(Did he not get enough sleep or something?)

"Hey! Chiaki, are you listening to me?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, you were saying?"

Mei probed me with suspicious eyes.

"Were you looking at Isamu just then? Do you have some sort of relationship with him or something?"

"Wha- No, I don't."

"Are you sure...?"

"Of course not. Why are you asking that question anyways?"

"Eh!? Um... No reason in particular..."

She slowly murmured as she fiddled on the spot with her silver hair and skirt.

Ever since those two have been hanging out together, Mei has surprisingly become less prickly and shown her true self to other people. It's like Isamu melted her icy aura...

"Hmm... Your face is red y'know."

"N- No it isn't!"

She quickly turned around and returned to her seat, her ears visibly tinted with crimson.

(And you're the one calling me suspicious... Sorry, Mei, but I can't let you know that I'm dragging Ishikawa-kun around afterschool to "monitor" him...)

For some reason, I didn't want Mei to find out. A murky feeling swam inside me, almost as it was influencing me to lie.

I wonder why...

My eyes unconciously drifted back towards Ishikawa-kun. If I was to be honest, I already confirmed that Ishikawa-kun was actually a good person. There was no reason to "monitor" him anymore. However, something urged me to continue this fake ploy. As if, I couldn't let go of him.

How ridiculous. Of all people to grow attached to someone, I was the one to become attached. The person who couldn't trust anyone, has grown attached to a boy.

That's right. I shouldn't act dumb and lie to myself. After all, that would just be stupid.

[A/N: That's right, I'm looking at all you fucking bitchass characters that drag on the plot and pretend they don't have feelings for the MC.]

-----

[Thirdperson Point of View]

While Chiaki was lost in deep thought, Isamu was simply thinking about what he should eat for dinner.

The reason why he was tired was simply because he was playing games until 3 am.

What a pure idiot.

What Chiaki didn't realise either, was while she understood that she grew attached to Isamu, she didn't really understand why she grew attached to Isamu.

The reality is, Isamu was probably the first person to tell her to let off her fake persona around him. He was also the first person to realise that her demeanour was fake, and has seen her true side. Strangely enough, when Isamu told her to relax around him, her heart tightened.

Touma may have been the first person that Chiaki had grown attached to, but Isamu was more than that. Enough so that her jealousy would sprout whenever other girls got close to him, unbeknownst to herself.

That's probably her possessiveness over her first "real" friend that showed genuine concern for her.

On the other side... Touma was silently gazing at Chiaki, before turning his sights on Isamu. A few seconds pass, before he looks away and continues talking with Akari, his childhood friend.

Anyways, that was the words of just a person watching from above. No need to ask for my name.

Peace!

-----

[Isamu's POV]

Something weird is happening.

I told myself that I wouldn't get close to any of the heroines, and here I was, acting all close and buddy-like with two of them in a span of a month. 

Isn't that weird!? How did I go from some random dude who had no business with any of the heroines to hanging out with them almost everyday!? At least, on the bright side, Akari seemed to have no interest towards me, so thats one redeeming factor, I guess...

Mei's is as bubbly as ever, and Chiaki is...

I don't know.

Ever since I told her to loosen up around me, she's been acting odd.

It was great that she no longer tried to fake all her actions towards me with that cutesy moe shit, but on the other hand, I was troubled by her closeness.

Ranging from asking for headpats, and generally sticking close to me afterschool, to grabbing my arm randomly...

...It wasn't because some girls were looking at me right? 

Nah, that isn't possible. We're just friends.

It seems like she lets out her vulgar mouth now. That's good. She seemed like she was at the point of breaking, so it's good that she no longer has to hold it in when she's around me. 

Recently, I've been feeling some eyes on me. Obviously some were just other classmates that were bewildered by the weird duo of me and Mei / Chiaki, but one in particular has gotten me on edge.

It sent shivers down my spine. Whoever it was, it didn't feel right at all. 

...I'll just be careful. It could be my imagination, but it's better safe than sorry.

-----

[Thirdperson POV]

This dense motherfu-

Ahem. Stepping away from his situation with Chiaki, it seems something was lurking in the midst of the classroom.

Ara? Who is this in this dark room?

The room was lightly lit up by the small monitor on a desk. Pictures were fully sprawled out across the walls of the room. Different pictures of Chiaki were printed on them. The floor was filled to the brim of trash bags, and eaten ramen cups. The bed was unkept, and the curtains were closed.

There sat a hooded person, staring at the dull blue light of the monitor.

"...Ishikawa. Ishikawa. Ishikawa! Ishikawa!!! ISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWAISHIKAWA!!! I swear I'll fucking KILL you if that's the last thing I DO! HOW DARE YOU FUCKING TOUCH CHIAKI WITH THOSE DIRTY HANDS!!! She's mine! She's mine! She's FUCKING mine!!! Ahhhhhhhh... My love..... I'll save you from that wretched fucker....."

...Uh oh. That's not good.

-----

61