Entrance Exam [1]
140 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I realize it might not be obvious, but this story does involve gender bending aspects.
The main focus is on the action and drama while the gender altering and transformation are secondary!
Gender swapping troubles will take center stage on chapter 3! You've been warned!

Anyways, Happy reading!

Qian raises a hand to block the sunlight from hitting his dark eyes as he looks up the steps of the famous Imperial Academy. The pinnacle of a warrior's education, and the starting point for any aspiring master of martial arts. Whether you're a swordsman, bowman, or weaponless fighter you will need to graduate from the Imperial Academy if you want to be respected.

"Oi! What's a beggar doing in such an esteemed place?" Someone shouts at Qian.

Qian turns his head slowly to make eye contact with a rather tall boy wearing the crest of the Striking Bear Sect. Their famous hand to hand techniques are only second to their even more popular battle axe techniques.

"I'm no beggar, brother bear." Qian replies quietly.

The boy from the Striking Bear Sect sneers at Qian's words before stepping harshly onto Qian's bare foot. Qian winces and moves to step back; His foot is stuck under the taller boy's as he glares down at Qian.

"No? What sect do you hail from then, brother rat?" The boy taunts Qian.

The boy's two companions grin as the conversation tilts in their sect's favor. Qian is grimacing as his foot is squashed beneath the rather large boy's foot, and he can't help but push the boy in order to get out from under him.

This motion gets a reaction out of the decidedly bigger boy, and he pushes his sleeve up to reveal a bulging bicep. The boy goes to punch Qian in the gut, but he's stopped when someone grabs his wrist.

"You'd best keep petty squabble off academy grounds." The man in question says.

The man releases the Striking Bear Sect boy's wrist before giving Qian a harsh look of disapproval. The man is wearing an Imperial Academy uniform meant only for the elders of the institution. Qian realizes this right away and looks away in shame as the man judges him.

"Sorry, Elder. It won't happen again!" The Striking Bear Sect boy replies earnestly.

The elder nods before walking up the steps toward the academy, and the three boys from the Striking Bear Sect follow his lead. Qian is quick to follow once he realizes the entrance exam is about to start, and he walks up in a hurry.

~

"First up, Xiang Liu of the Crouching Tiger Sect." An elder announces.

The Imperial Academy's outer arena is packed with aspiring martial artists and observers alike. Six elders all sit overlooking the arena with their attention on the first examinee. An elder with lengthy white eyebrows and a matching beard announces the rules of the exam to the crowd.

"Each examinee will strike the stone presented. You are permitted to use any weapons, methods, and techniques you see fit." The elder explains.

Several returning examinees have serious expressions on their face as the familiar rules are read out to them. The fresh arrivals look hopeful and confident, while those who've already passed before look amused by the spectacle.

"After your exam is concluded you may be offered a place under the tutelage of one of the academy's masters. If you are not offered a place, you have failed, and are to leave the arena at once." The elder concludes his explanation.

With that, two burly men wearing academy uniforms bring out a huge block of stone. They move out of the way immediately, and the audience's attention all focuses on a dark haired girl as she approaches the huge chunk of rock.

Qian is one such observer, and he holds his breath without thinking as she crouches slightly. Xiang truly resembles her sect's namesake as she gives the stone a fierce glare; Her legs bent slightly as her fingers curl around the handle of her sheathed sword.

She unsheathes her blade, and the rock is cut into multiple pieces.

Qian blinks in surprise, and is baffled at how in seconds Xiang was able to make multiple clean cuts into the sturdy looking hunk of stone. 

The girl is offered a place in all six of the elder's classes; She chooses a dark haired elder going by Elder Lightning, and is given a box containing her academy uniform and other important items.

"Next, we have Gao Ling of the Flying Dragon Sect!" The same white haired elder announces.

Qian is fully invested now, and pays close attention as the block of stone is replaced and a rather handsome boy walks into the arena. He carries a bow and quiver of arrows on his back; He takes the bow in hand, and nocks an arrow.

The twang of the bowstring is heard, and the rock cracks like broken glass.

Gao is raising his hands in the air as if to hype up the audience around him, and his winning smile brings the attention to him even as the elder's all offer their tutelage to the young man. Gao turns to the elders and quickly takes the offer of a female Elder with golden eyes known as Elder Dawn. He makes his way out of the arena shortly thereafter.

"Next up is, Zhong Du of the Striking Bear Sect!" The elder announces with great pleasure.

Qian's heart sinks as he sees the very same boy who berated him on the academy steps walk into the arena with cheers erupting all around the arena. The well built boy carries no weapon, and brandishes his calloused hands instead.

The huge block of stone is replaced, and without any pause Zhong takes a swing. The huge stone block caves beneath his palm, and his fingers gouge out a chunk of rock with relative ease. Cheers echo throughout the arena as Zhong takes his hand away only for the rock to crumble. The elders once again all offer him a place, and Qian worries what would have happened if Zhong had actually struck him earlier.

Zhong takes the offer of an elder with impressive muscles known as Elder Mountain before following the same steps as the first two examinees.

Both the crowd and Qian are sorely disappointed when they find the following candidates aren't nearly as impressive. Qian tunes out most of the following exams.

~

Hours have passed, and the sun is dipping below the horizon. The arena is deserted, and Qian is the final examinee to be called upon.

"Qian Li, please make your attempt." The white haired elder says plainly.

Qian steps up in front of the stone, and watches anxiously as the burly men bring out the final block of stone. He's nervous, and worries those prodigies at the start of the exam will have taken all the elder's attention. How could he compare to such insane talent?

The rough looking sword on Qian's back is a dull bronze hue, with a blade so blunt he doesn't have to put it in a scabbard. Qian grips the sword's rough black handle with both hands as he brings it off his back.

Qian takes a deep breath, and swings.

7