Fade
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rain was falling. 

I knew it 

of course it would be as my mind drifted off i looked down and saw her standing there. Rain saturating her hair, her skin glistening with the droplets spider webbing across her skin. If there was anything more perfect then i’ve never seen it.

“Perfect” that was the only way to describe her even now I remember every outline on her body. Every small nuanced way she would tell me that she was happy. Trying to catch her eyes just wanting to see them was everything I had ever wanted but as I looked down seeing the handle of the sword protruding on my chest I knew it was a lie. 

Again the word “Perfect” ran through my mind it was to perfect. I had always been alone before her never wanting just passing by through life as a bystander going through the motions of living and numb through it all. But then I met her…well not really met…I saw her. 

That was all it took. 

A glance and my world flipped seeing her golden hair turn a tinge of copper as she stood facing the sun. Bright Icy blue eyes that seemed to look through me and her lightly patted freckles catching my eyes as I noticed them on her button nose. My eyes wandered to her bare arms that looked soft and creamy as can be protruding though her dark blue almost purple dress. 

“Perfect” 

If there was a drug she was it. My dull grey filled life marred by the light that was her. I for the first time saw with my own eyes a kaleidoscope of colors I never new were even there. I was the epitome of invigoration the sight of her was so deep it felt like nothing i’ve felt before and probably nothing I ever will again. 

Funny how it’s been said that your life flashes before your eyes before you die I guess she was my life.

No I don’t guess…I know she was.

Looking at her face I see tears…or maybe it’s my imagination…maybe it’s the rain.

Then I feel it. I feel the blade tremblings reverberate through me almost as if to let me know.

I thought I would be angry or maybe even sad or have a thought to kill her . I know I could because I have it here 

The Gun To End All

Purgatory 

That’s what I knew it was called. Purgatory it calls me to use it to take what little color i have to make nothing to bring everything to purgatory

 Cleanse to grey 

Call upon Purgatory 

I hear it over and over it knows I won’t she’s all that’s left if I were to 

All would be grey


All would be cleansed 

I look at her and smile

This was all I could do I put every emotion i had for her through this smile.

My sadness 

My happiness 

My love

I make eye contact with those beautiful glacial eyes looking for any emotion. As I do I feel something traveling down my legs.

I look down and notice the crimson stream dripping on the mud making viscous ooze that travels to her feet. I look up again and notice her other hand bleeding her beautiful nails digging into her hands. 

She didn’t want this 

She didn’t want this 

It repeats through my head over and over.

Purgatory roaring through my mind screaming.

I know I can’t though.

I embrace her even as the blade lodges itself deeper and deeper into me.

I met her eyes as they tremble with sadness.Trying to hold on to the color blue of determination of willpower.

Finally it breaks.

She breaks.

I see her eyes close and see the slight hiccup of her chest as she starts to cry.

It’s okay it’s okay 


I repeat over and over as she relents and holds me gently.

She sobs still holding the handle to the blade.

Her “sorry” echoed through her now gut wrenching cries.

That’s all I needed to know 

“I needed to know it wasn’t a lie” I said to her as I gently caress her back soothing her.

I hear Purgatory reaching a fever pitch screaming for vengeance screaming to return everything to the grey…

“Purgatory” I whispered 

I take out the Gun and pull the trigger.




0