Chp-1
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sight was intimidating, he was scared, scared if something goes wrong, if somehow for some reason, he wasn't able to properly die and end up as a cripple after a 5 story fall. He knew it was an irrational fear, irrational for fearing the impossible, for fearing that he would somehow survive after falling from a 20m building head on against the hard concrete.

Now you will ask ¿Who is this person? ¿Why does he want to suicide? The answers are the following.

1-His name is James Ford, an average and normal person, 26 years old P.E teacher, single.

2-He wants to suicide because he finds it meaningless, eventually everyone's going to die and everything you have done will be for naught. He also want to fasten the natural process and also satisfy his greatest curiosity, whats after death.

'But still.. sure it's scary' he thought looking down on the road below, his fear to heights not helping in the slightest 'Well.. it's now or some years later I guess..' he told himself, finally gathering the necesarry courage and shouted to the people below.

"EVERYONE! APART, MAKE SPACE, IM GONNA JU-" he stopped shouting realizing the weird message that just magically popped in front of him.

Status  
   
Name: James Ford.  
Job: None  
Protection: None  
Age: 26 years old.  
   
Hp: 100%  (180/180)
St: 100% (90/90)
Mp: 100% (80/80)
   
Body: 9  
Mind: 4  
   
Skills:..  
   
....  

'What the hell is this? Its.. interestin- No! Focus'

Regaining his focus he turned to the crowd below, shouting twice to the crowd below his feets making the message clear, he was going to jump, they better stay away to not get accidentally killed. If he was going to suicide he wanted to do it properly, and not killing anyone apart from himself by accidentaly crashing onto someone.

Finally he acted and dived on, head facing the hard concrete.

'I hope this work..'

 

Unfortunately it didn't work.

At first the thougts were blurry and diverse 'Pain.. hunger.. thirst..' then the thoughts got more complex 'My head hurt.. My neck, shoulders, everything hurt.. wait, im alive?!'

'Gasp' His body and mind synchronize resulting in his body violenty standing up eyes wide open. He was still alive ¿Why and how was he still alive?

After checking his surroundings he rethought his current situation 'Alive? Or maybe this is some kind of.. waiting room for the dead souls?' he was surrounded by injured and depressed people, nobody looked the slightlest happy and there was barely anybody moving, most people on the move were doctors with dirty and ragged uniforms.

"Where the hell I am? Some kind of apocalyptic hospital?.."

Thankfully his question was answered, thought.. in a weird manner.

Refuge: Public hospital.

'Public hospita.. Wiat! Wh.. wthe hell was that?! Can.. can you repeat it? Eh.. summon blue cyan magical popping weird text?' Unfortunately there was no response.

'Uh...' recalling what he thought before he said "Where the hell I am?"

Refuge: Public hospital.

"Uh.. location?"

Refuge: Public hospital.

'Okay.. wait, public hospital? Does this mean im still alive? Wait, how the hell did I survive? Im pretty sure I crashed head on against the concrete' recalling the previous circumstances the answer was pretty obvious 'Oh yeah.. this weird popping messages must be related to it.. still doesn't explain how I survived.. what happened?.. oh yeah, a message appeared befor-'

His thought drifted away after seeing a black haired young doctor standing in front of him.

"Good you're awake" he said in a despising manner "Look my time is short so ill make it fast. You have been unconscious for 3 whole hours, you should be dead after falling from that height if the circumstances were any normal, but they were not"

"I guess it has something to do with this weird popping messages, right?"

"Yes, anyways, just think or say status.." 'shitty messages..' he muttered under his breath "sigh..' say that and you will understand."

"Status?"

Status  
   
Name: James Ford.  
Job: None  
Protection: None  
Age: 26 years old.  
   
Hp: 60%  (108/180)
St: 100% (90/90)
Mp: 100% (80/80)
   
Body: 9  
Mind: 4  
   
Skills:  
 

Stone fist lvl 1   (5St per/use) (Cooldown 2Sec)

   
Innate skills:  
   
Earth affinity  
Though body  

'Wait what? Hp Mp St, what are those? also what about 'Job: None'? Im not jobless, Im a P.E teacher for 3 whole years I have been teachin-

"Cought! Cought!"

His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden cought made by the Doctor.

"Before departing" his tone changing into a even colder one "If you don't care about your life, what about helping us against those monsters? It's much better than dying in such a meaningless and worthless way, now if you excuse me" he said before leaving him andwalking towards another patient.

'Seems someone already hates me.. well, can't blame him, I hate myself after all.. Wait! Monsters? What kind of mon-'

"Sorry for his cold attitude" an older nurse came to him " He has a problem with people like.. you, I don't know much about him, but I can asure you hes a good man, don't blame him"

"Nothing to worry, I don't have anything against him, also.. aren't you guys pretty busy to be talking with me?" he asked seeing so many injured people in the small place.

"Don't worry, actually theres no much problems compared to before, some skills are pretty useful for healing. Anyways, do you have any question?" she asked in a kind voice.

"Ehh.. sure you're not busy..? Anyways, whats.. happening?"

"We don't know much beside the obvious, this weird 'system' suddendly appeared and everything has changed, the most notables changes are the skills and the swarming monsters that appears out of nowhere"

"System? Monsters?"

"Yeah System, it just how most people call it but basically refers to all this messages. And monsters, they're.. pretty common in.. games, There are monsters like Goblins, Giant rats, Kobolds..-"

"Wait what? I can relate to Giant rats, but.. Goblins? Kobolds? What are those? Also what about 'pretty common in games'? Those are games, this is.. real life.. I guess"

"Wait you dont know about them? They are pretty popular this days.. well.. I think you might have a clearer vision of those monsters if you ask the system itself, just think or say something alike 'info about Goblins..'" 'annoying messages' she muttered under her breath ".. and it will appear before you"

"Info about Goblins?"

Goblin Lvl range: ?-?
   
Description:  Green humanoid monsters, extremely aggresive to other race's.
   

'That's vague..'

"Well.. I think that settles it, were pretty busy so I gotta go, okay?"

'Wait didn't you say you were not so busy?!'

"Oh yes, if you don't have anywhere else to go we would appreciate your help over here, we're planning to organize a group in this place and for that we will need several type of people, one of the most required people are battle oriented as you, or well.. I assume you have battle oriented skills, after surviving that fall.. Anyways, If you need my help ill be somewhere here attending people"

With that she finally left him alone.

'Well.. the world seems to go into chaos.. seems like it will be harder to suicide if I have survived that fall, 'sigh..' seems like the world is conspiring against me preventing me to die...'

He sighed once again, standing up and walking towards the exit, this time it wouldn't be easy to end his life, this time it would be painful, much more painful than before but he would end it nonetheless.

If the time was any different he would have gladly help them, but this time it was different, he didn't want to keep living, after that.. he just didn't want to keep living, he just wanted to rest once for all.

Exiting the building he finally got to see what has happened to the world outside, they had told him that it has just passed 3 hours since his fall, but the world outside told him something very different, it seemed as it has passed hours, no, it seemed as it has passed Weeks, Months even Years! Building were crumbling down and nature seems to be taking over the world covering the buildings with vines and grass, road even had youngling trees growing from below of them, thankfully there were no swarms of bugs or giant bugs.. yet.

Seeing all that destruction from nature itself, he couldn't think but.

'How the hell is the Hospital still intact? Im pretty sure there was no grass growing in the Hospital..'

And in fact, the Hospital was still pretty fine, there was no grass or moss growing inside the Hospital, even the exterior was fine with no cracks on it, nor nature growing on it, it seemed as if the building was in the wrong timeline.

'Ah.. whatever, no use thinking over it, I just want to get this over fast..'

 

 

0