Late up at night
443 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tom was a bit of an outlier of society. Nowadays it was cool to be a weeb and nerd. Back in his early childhood, oh how often had he been mocked and ridiculed for his hobby's. Add to that a troubled academic career and an unrequited love and there you have Tom. By no means was he a failure or and outcast, just a bit strange. He managed his college degree only so, but found work at a good company. Mostly, he worked from home and only occasionally traveled from his parents London Town house into the office to work. Friends were also not the real problem. Tom made fast and easy friends these days, hadn't been easy before. But long exposure to group projects and enthusiastic professors could work wonders on a shy lad.

The thing that was missing in his live was, so he thought at least, higher purpose. Often he dreamed of having power, wealth and status. He loved to distract himself with games, novels and movies. There the protagonist never had a dull day in their live, fighting off demons and monster in other dimensions. Dungeons and Dragons had been a hobby of his for nearly ten years by now. He was not that keen on the rules, yet how much fun it was in the early days to venture out with your friends and explore a new and foreign world together, he missed it dearly nowadays.

They still played as a matter of fact, but there was something missing for him. It was just a game, the suspension of disbelieve, he had as a child, was long buried under mountains of depression and regret. So Tom sat at his desk at home, scrolled threw the web and started to make a new DnD Character. Argentarius is so cool. Well using a Latin name is a bit of a cliche, but its not as if there would be anyone to judge me right? What would be good setting for him to be in?

Wildemount, Forgotten Realms or something different? I really can't decide. Whatever, I'll make him a dimensional traveller that can survive anywhere, fit in or just hide. Let's do a max level build, I never got that far in any of my games. Race? Well let's take changeling, they get to stay in any humanoid form without limit! If they do not die. Anyway, of course it needs to be a wizard. They may be hard to play and reach seldom max level, but they are the best example of 'be careful who you call ugly in wizard-school'. Was wish really that overpowered? If you use it to create a simulacrum, they can cast it without limit right?

Ah yes one of the authors said that it is indeed possible. How boring. You can just make infinite gold, resources and a constant supply of construct wizard bodyguards. OK, if even with this power I would not dare to fuck with forces like demigods, angels, archwizards or even armies. DnD is so scary for lone wizards. Set an 8 men, mid level party against my max level wizard and I'd be glad to escape. For the other spells I get to choose, I believe, 44 and can prepare 25 each day. Let's just take a few I like and the rest from the internet. Everything with illusions, transmuting, dimensions and healing is a must. Also charms are useful.

True polymorph with contingency is such a cheat, well the author allowed it so I will not be stingy. Being able to transform into any creature of your Level for 1 hour and stay as the creature forever if you like is so great. Got to think of contingency first, or you got no way to dispel the dam thing. Modify memory is a must. Hm what else, yeah starter items. Scholars Backpack, Dagger, Spellbook and a Wand. I like Harry Potter, must have read like a dozen fanfics, but wands are really unpractical. I can't walk around waving a stick in peoples faces.

Still better than materials or a staff. For the other stuff, normally your dungeon master gives you the items and gold. There are lists on the web for new high level characters, that I will look into tomorrow. I better go to bed now. I am so incredibly tired. Tom brushed his teeth, washed up and went to bed. He fell into a deep slumber. His dreams or better nightmares, consisting of his wizard, Argentarius getting torn to shreds by hordes of devils, after he tried to sell them transmuted gold. He awoke with a start. What the hell?

Why does this god-dam spell only last 1 hour and is even concentration? He rolled over and groaned in pain as a small wooden object poked him. Since when do I have a wand? I never bought one. Is this from my sister? Didn't know she got back into Harry Potter. As he grasped the wand in his hand, he felt a strange tingling.

Don't tell me. A few panicked minutes later, after he had calmed down, he examined his new property. A wand, probably holy with dragon heart string and 11 inches. He only knew the last one for certain, curtsy to his ruler. An old fashioned backpack with his scholar supplies, including parchment and ink. A crude looking dagger. Lastly a small leather notepad, which looked suspiciously like his diary and now apparently served as his most valuable possession, his spellbook. Fuck me sideways, did I get the budget isekai package?

Is the hero not supposed to be transported to another world? Why do I have to travel myself? I don't even have a fork attuned to any plane of existence. The strangest thing is, why am I level 20? What is the fun in standing at the pinnacle of the arcane if you had not even jumped over a pebble to climb the highest mountain. The momentary excitement fled Tom's mind as the dark kept creeping back inside.

11