Dragon
59 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Argentarius awoke to the sensation of water running over him. Actually it felt quite pleasant to him, he let water pass by his gills and enjoyed the energising feeling. Wait, what? He tried to stand up but just started to hover and turn in place. Panic raising he flapped his wings to try and get control. Finally in one place he looked around. He was in a dimly lit stone room, it was partly flooded and he could hear roaring water near him. Gliding around the next corner, he saw a massive waterfall just before him, blocking the view outside. Taking a step back, he jumped through the waterfall and felt stupid as he just floated downwards while flapping his wings.

No wait. There were not supposed to be wings. Fearing for the worst he inspected his own body in a nearby puddle. A majestic body of amethyst was reflected in the water surface. He could not make out the distinct shape, as the sun shone directly on him. Just as he wondered about how to stop the annoying sparkling, it faded as he saw his skin darken, or rather his scales, or crystals?

Talking stock of his new body, he had a long tail of about 60 feet and his body was approximately 75 feet long. His wingspan was over 100 feet. Ah yes and along his entire spine ran floating amethysts, defying gravity like his strange form of flight. Finally, after clearly seeing his reflection in the nearby running water, and a fanged snout greeted him, he concluded that he was some kind of crystal or gem dragon.

A terribly loud roar could be heard inside the swamp, all creatures cowered instinctually in fear. Soon after three bronze knights came running in his direction from deeper inside the swamp.

They tried to placate him with gestures and coax him with the fresh fish they caught.

"What are you doing? Am I a wild beast? Why would I eat raw fish!" They looked at each other made some hand gestures that seemed suspiciously like rock, paper, scissors. After a few minutes Arthur was the one to slump his shoulders and move forward with a big trout in hand.

"But father in your dreams you kept demanding trout." Argentarius rage froze instantly as he pondered the voice in his head. "Arthur, since when can you talk?" The golem seemed as perplexed by this question as Argentarius. "Well you talked to me first, I mean inside my head." He added hastily as the dragons temper seemed to flair again. "Can I talk via telepathy?" Some experiments were conducted and he soon found out that, indeed he now could talk to any number of creatures within 120 feet. He also tried talking out loud, but it was just weird. Draconic was fine, as a wizard he had known that one too. Yet English just did not want to come out, the words were just on the tip of his tongue. Common was no problem, but the curious thing was that it sounded nothing like English. Some strange otherworldly language instead came out. Even his children did not understand him, unless he talked via telepathy.

"So if I extrapolate our findings onto every other field, that would mean I am no longer the human Tom who turned into the wizard Argentarius but am now the mighty gem dragon Argentarius." Sighing, he threw another trout inside his mouth. These damned things tasted so amazing, even better then sashimi. Chewing them with everything inside, was a bit unpleasent at first but his teeth were made of rocks so it worked quite well.

First he needed to get his wits together and asses the situation. Hou Yin proceeded to tell him all that happened since he fell unconscious inside the Far Realm. The lady, she never mentioned her name right? Does not matter, he would just have to call her master. Master threw them all into the Plane of Water, where he continued to transform into the dragon. His children had panicked that he might drown, but soon discovered that he had gills and was breathing normally. Or more like a strange magic fish with lungs. The ocean without surface was quite nice in comparison to the other Elemental Planes. His knights swam and dragged him with them, they encountered a view natives, but they were surprisingly helpful and even gave them directions towards a nearby portal.

After checking for safety, they pushed him threw a wide portal leading to the top floor of an abandoned wizard tower inside this swamp. Argentarius had been out for an entire week. The tower was ten stories tall and consistent of many smaller towers and structures all around. From the looks of it, it had not been to long since the accident that opened the portal happened. Furnishings were still present in the room without water flooding them, so they could get quite comfortable hear.

Water cascaded down the side of the tower and made for a spectacular sight, the constant supply of fresh water gave the hole area a more lively and inviting feel. They were on a hill overlooking vast areas of swampland. People often associate swamps with dreary and creepy places filled with undead and monsters, yet many were quite diverse biotopes. Here the lands stretched for miles and miles, there were many clear lakes, clearings with patches of solid ground and rushing rivers filled with thriving fish of all sorts.

According to his knights, the fish and other wildlife had been increasingly active as the week passed. Argentarius wondered if he had anything to do with it, as any dragon, he should have some strange effects on the nature surrounding his lair. Anyway, he should have enough time to figure it out soon enough. For now he needed to confirm if he was in Toril and in what part. Also the time would be a problem, was he here after or before the Spellplague? If he took the current DnD cannon it should be after, but who new what strange alternate reality he was in. Great parties of legendary heroes often defeated demon princes or gods, which would throw the world in a loop and change many things all over Toril. Normally most were ignored, as only official books were made canon. He just had to confirm it himself.

 

 

 

3