Dragon Wolf
52 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Realm of Eternity

Chapter 01 - Dragon Wolf

 
[14:50:36, Friday.]
 
Ylva entered her home; A 2LDK Apartment with one room being used as an office. She had just come from the game store, which was a twenty-minute walk away from her home. It took almost an hour though with how long the line was.
 
But that didn't matter– She had been waiting an entire two years for this VRMMO to release!
 
Realm of Eternity; A Virtual Reality Mass Multiplayer Online (Role-playing Game), created by the company, Eternal Realms. It wasn't a very impressive name, but the game itself was.
 
It had the most cutting-edge and advanced technology. So advanced, in fact, that the game seemed like an entirely different world– where even the NPCs were as real as the humans on Earth, with lives, names, and even families.
 
It was a world, or realm, of its own– A living and breathing entity that existed in the minds of those who were created there and those who entered the second world.
 
Ylva had placed her preordered as soon as the presales for Realm of Eternity began.
 
It was quite expensive; 80,000 Sols for god's sake! She was stuck eating bento boxes and cup noodles for two weeks. She couldn't complain too much though; the prices had gone up significantly since then, by almost 20,00 Sol.
 
Ylva checked the time.
 
14:55:47. The servers opened at 15:00.
 
She stripped down to her underwear. She wanted to be comfortable, after all. And it wasn't as if anyone would see her.
 
After that, Ylva unboxed the helmet. It came with a wireless charging station. She quickly set that up, before climbing into her bed.
 
She placed the helmet over her head and switched it on. The noise around her–which wasn't much–quickly disappeared and her vision filled with darkness.
 
A dim light began to shine a few seconds later.
 
It was just a countdown.
 
[3 Minutes and 46 Seconds until servers open...]
 
...
 
[2 Minutes and 21 Seconds until servers open...]
 
...
 
[30 Seconds until servers open...]
 
Seconds passed until the timer hit zero.
 
[Connecting...]
 
Her eyes, which she hadn't realized were closed, shot open. Ylva found herself in an empty white room, staring at a genderless mannequin with a holographic screen placed next to it.
 
She figured this was the character customization. It was the first step to any game.
 
There were two options, to begin with: Male or Female.
 
Ylva, of course, went with the latter.
 
And, just like that, ten minutes passed by before she was done creating her character. She hadn't changed much, though; there was no need to alter her appearance, and Ylva didn't feel like doing so.
 
Once that was done, the screen swiped over to Race Selection.
 
She scrolled through the list of fantasy races. From Human to Dragonkin, there were hundreds of options.
 
A button was placed off to the side called, “Race Mixer.”
 
It was self-explanatory.
 
She started to mix and match races until she found the perfect combo— Dragonkin mixed with Wolf Folk.
 
A pair of black and white ears appeared on top of the mannequin's head with a matching-colored fluffy tail in the back. On her back were a pair of small black dragon wings, while two pure white horns protruded from her head.
 
    “I'd date myself,” Ylva muttered as she spun the mannequin around.
 
Her character was quite beautiful.
 
She had long, black hair that fell down to her waist. Her skin was smooth, velvety-like with a beautiful ebony complexion and beauty marks placed around her body. It brought out the beauty of her eyes. A piercing golden hue that shone with power.
 
It looked identical to herself in real life, apart from a few things: the beauty marks and golden eyes, along with the inhuman features that'd been added by her race.
 
[Please Select a Name] 
 
 Ylva had come up with her name long ago— a few months after she'd ordered the game, actually.
 
    “Sovereign.”
 
[Finalize Character? YES / NO]
 
    “Yes.”
 
[You will now enter the Eternal Realm. You are free to evolve and play as you choose, however, these actions will determine your class.]
 
[Teleporting...]
 
She blinked and the scenery around her changed.
 
[Welcome to Realm of Eternity! You have randomly transported to the Starting City of Visross.]
 
A mechanical-like voice echoed in her mind.
 
She was in what seemed to be a medieval-styled city, with tall buildings made of stone and paved roads of the same material.
 
A gentle breeze brushed past her face as the chatter of NPCs and players mingled together in her ears. She could almost taste the delicacies of the nearby food stands with how the wind carried its aroma across the plaza.
 
    “Wow...” Ylva murmured.
 
It all felt so real.
 
As if she was truly in another realm.
1