First Day at the Academy 3
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Hmm.. since all of your questions have been answered I will move on to the next topic. As today is the day for the subject 'the Records', we will continue where we left off."

" To ascend from 4th Ascension to 5th Ascension, one needs to choose an extra stat for their growth. This extra stat will become a part of your status and decide your future path.

Intelligence/ Constitution/ Magic/ Soul/ Dexterity are the names of stats from which you can choose.

Intelligence stat increases the capacity of your brain and increases overall functionality. This stat is mainly used by Array masters, Alchemist, Mech engineers and such other professions.

Constitution stat improves the overall capability of physical body and increases performance. This stat is mainly used by Martial masters who are proficient in using weapons.

Magic stat increases purity of ones mana. The purer the mana the more powerful it is. This stat is mainly used by the magicians.

Dexterity stat grants the readiness and grace in physical activity. Also, it grants fast, efficient movements with ease in using the hands. This stat is mainly used by the peoples who specialise in production like blacksmiths.

As for soul, it is a path many don't follow or are unable to. Very few could cross the hurdles that obstructs the path so I won't explain much."

.

.

.

Teacher Anand continued with his teachings till 12.

For first years at the academy, there are over 4 subjects. The Records , Weapon training, Operation, Geography.

Operation is a subject which teaches, how to operate things?. I know sounds stupid but it's a serious issue. There are many advanced machineries, products, day to day machines produced by companies for comfort and advancement, are invented every now and then, that it became hard to keep up with their operating system. Many customers have a hard time handling them so it was made necessary to spread knowledge on how to use them.

Geography is a boring subject which basically teaches about the whole map of the cosmos, unique things, species and other general things about the world.

Honestly, I am much more comfortable with this kinda of academy rather than my school. On top of that, our class only has one teacher who teaches us all of the above subjects. He arranged a day for a subject routine, but since weapon training class is a must for everyday there are only three subjects a week to teach. Meaning we have four days off, ain't this the best?

..

" Alright, with this I will conclude our lecture for today. Your weapon training class will be held at 2pm since the teacher in charge is busy as always with other classes. Till then you may enjoy your time or train as you wish."

Teacher Anand yawned at the end and got teleported away.

' After all that lecture, he must be super sleepy.'

Everyone got up from their seat and headed out.

" Hey newbie, what type of weapon do you use?"

Ethne nudged me from the side.

" Why are you asking me this out of nowhere?"

" We will head over to the training grounds after lunch, for weapon training so I was just asking."

" Chained blades."

Our regular group of me, Evan, Ethne, Erika and Snow formed. We headed towards the cafeteria for lunch. Everyone in this class moves around like brothers and sisters, but there are groups formed such as ours.

" 'Chained blades', is it like a blade wrapped in chains or a chain which acts like a blade?"

Ethne dumb question made us all taken aback.

' Tell me again, why is she the student council president?'

" No you idiot, chained blades are two blades connected by chains."

Sigh...

A sigh escaped my mouth at Erika's remark. Seriously, at least tell her in a way she understands.

" You should get your practice weapon from the warehouse on the 5th floor of Leali tree."

Snow for the first time talked, after the time we introduced ourself on the academy gate. Small but helpful advice unlike other idiots.

'Why am I noticing such things?'

Evan nudged my shoulders and with an amusing expression on his face, he asked-

" How about a practice duel?"

" What? no way, I am not that adept at using them."

I refused, no way I am accepting this invitation. This guy is the strongest first year for a reason. I won't fight with him until I am confident.

We had our lunch together in the cafeteria. There weren't any students present other than our class as our timing is different. I didn't eat much as I am already full. Most of the food we eat was vegetarian and a little meat.

There are meals you can buy with points earned from completing missions or getting extraordinary results in the exam. Points are directly credited into our bank account which is connected to our ID.

Cosmos Bank is the only bank which works in this cosmos, it is a part of the Cosmos Trade Association. A bank account is attached on creation of ID. Which increases their importance.

..

I quickly went up to the 5th floor and picked up chained blades from the warehouse with the staff's permission. I arrived on the training grounds and started my weapon training after selecting a secluded spot.

I held blades in both of my hands and took deep breaths to increase my focus. I recalled all the events that lead me to this place and the reason for my living. I recalled the day I got beaten up by some third rate bitches and choked by an unknown person. Anger surged within me, but I quickly calmed down thinking of the worst days I have spent in my life. In front of those days, this is nothing.

Remembering these things helps in motivating myself.

I exhaled deeply for the last time and started practicing my weapon art.

' Painting Art of the Blades'

Thrust..... slash...  swing..... then again thrust.... slash.... swing.....

Again but with extend and retract

Extend thrust... retract

Extend slash..... retract

Extend swing.... retract

I continued on without stopping, the constant extend and retract of chains with thrust, slash and swing created a beautiful picture comprised only of arcs created after every moment. I swung both of my blades back and forward without stopping, resulting in half circular flow above me.

0