1. Lost in the Rain
258 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Willow was an average guy living an ordinary life. He worked at a small bookstore in a quiet town, spending most of his days surrounded by stacks of books. It wasn’t the most exciting job, but it paid the bills, and he enjoyed being around books.

Despite his love of reading, Willow had always felt as if he was missing something in his life. He had never been particularly athletic or talented at anything, and he often felt as if he was just drifting through life without any real purpose.

Before heading outside on a rainy evening, he grabbed an umbrella and black coat and opened the small doors of the store. The day was rainy, that was normal though, as it has always been a rainy place.

ººº

‘The day was exciting enough for me though,’

I was finally going to be able to read the ending of a book I have been reading for so long, “The Will Of Decadence”. The climax was at its peak, and I was curious as to what was going to happen.

Unaware of my surroundings, I took my phone from my pocket and began to read the concluding chapter as I was walking.

 

“578. The Narrow Junction”

Sage held his blade tightly in his grasp, his determination and willpower fueled by the countless battles he had endured thus far. He slashed through the Devil God, a final time, completely severing his head from his body.

The sun was rising as the king’s head flew to the ground, he had defeated the demon king.

A screen notifying him of his achievement popped up.


Congratulations on defeating the Demon King! You now have a choice...

1. ■■■■■■■

2. ■■■

3. ■■■■■


‘... I’ll think I’ll go-‘

 

Tires screeching, Willow swiftly looked to his right, A car has swerved onto the pavement and was about to hit him.

THUD

Willow looked around him, it was a blurry sight, but he understood what had happened to him, and he got hit. 

The car was painted with blood on the front bumper, with the headlights brimmed red, contrasting its white paint. It was a gory sight, but I was losing vision anyway. And after a few more seconds of struggling, I had died.

-Congratulations!- You are now in the world of "Decadence" because of ■■■■■!

I woke up, sitting on a tree, confused about what had just happened to me, but it was quite obvious. Wearing a suit of an earthly green and a striking insignia that was obvious to me. Likewise, I had teleported to “Decadence”.

A game panel was ahead of me, congratulating me on this visit to this other world.

"Decadence" is an obscure but intricate novel I have read for longer than I could remember, and has been a major part of my life. Even though it is pretty neat that I got transmigrated, I am screwed.

This was a terrible novel to transmigrate to0, multiple supporting characters and extras died, and If I was one of them, the outcome would be terrible also. I would have to make the most of this situation, though, as I don't know if I could even go back to my peaceful world.

This was by far the most dangerous novel to live in, from what I have read. Disasters were everywhere, and only the lucky few remain. It was far worse in other areas of the world though, as Dendro Academy, the most prestigious academy on the Continent, it is a mostly peaceful area, where only a few major events with monsters occurred.

The problem is, as a student, there are monthly or even weekly disasters at a time. I would have to join the travel club to help counteract these 'disasters'. Sage was also a part of this, and he had a knack for finding monsters that were much harder to fight for him.

I couldn't let the main character, Sage, die because he had an ability that would be needed to fight higher-level monsters, with strong 'Titles' and abilities, that were overpowered.

I recognized the area I was in, “Dendrix Forest”, was the starting point of where the novel usually begins. I clearly remembered today’s date, as it was in the novel, about 3 hours before the starting ceremony began.

The ceremony was the first event of many and was where the main character's powers were first shown.

It was a humid forest, and with a very dense amount of trees, so it was pretty hard navigating through it.

After an hour or so of searching, I finally found one of the trails leading to the academy, which made finding it so much easier. After I guessed what is, after about an hour of walking, it was getting later in the day and the sun was setting. I had very little time left.

Reevaluating my condition, I understood I was sore, and there were multiple scratches I had already gotten from just being 1 hour in there. I didn’t seem to have the greatest stamina.

Out of breath, I sat down at the side of the tree, taking a break. I had to have kept walking and was planning to do so, up until I heard a carriage. It was a hope that I might get there on time.

As I stumbled towards the carriage, it slowed down enough, for me to notice its features.

As I walked up towards it, someone within the carriage yelled.

“... Get In!’”, as they shouted that the carriage door opened and someone pulled me inwards into the carriage. As I stumbled onto one of the velvet seats I looked upwards to see who tossed me in.

The girl was wearing an ordinary outfit for the academy, but you could tell that she was important. She was one of the secondary heroines of the novel, Hazel Elerina.

She was a very humanitarian person and was very giving to those in need, yet hid a cold personality. Later on in the novel, she was less used due to the novel favoring other heroines more, but she still was an important supporting character. She was my third favorite heroine,

The hair was a dark purple, with light tints near the end of the hair, like the edge of a galaxy. Her eyes were beautiful, with two eyes similar to that of her hair.

While most of the time the trip was in silence, there was some small talk here and there. It was a rather short trip, at about 30 minutes we arrived there.

She was the daughter of a Duke and was very obviously nobility due to the way she presented herself. The ride itself took just enough time to get to the entrance ceremony, arriving about 5 minutes late.

“Um, thanks for the ride?”

Hazel replied with a proud demeanor, “You’re welcome”, and entered with me into the crowd

As I walked out of the carriage and into the crowd, where thankfully, nobody noticed me exit the carriage with her.

I carried on with the graduation ceremony, where they introduced us to the primary teachers and where the first major event happens. A monster appears out of nowhere and where multiple people die.

Originally, Hazel was saved by Sage, but I haven't seen him yet, a bad sign.

As expected the ground began shaking furiously, and a monster appeared out of nowhere

A game notification popped up, notifying me of my stats.


[Status]

Name: Willow

Title: -----

Ability Complex ------

Mastery - Level (1)

Occupation - Dendro Academy Freshman

Magic Resevoir - 400/400\

--Strength / 100.2

--Stamina / 89.8

--Charisma / 115

--Intelligence / 150

--Mental Strength / 125

(Average Human is 100, Maximum is ■■■■■■)

/-----Talents-----\

--Luck 5/10

--Growth - 1/10

--Mana Sensitivity and Reservoir - 1/10

/---Potential---\

[Magic Growth Output] - 1/100

[Physical Growth Output] - 1/100

-----(Unlock Level 25)-----

/-----Abilities----\

 Weather Magic (F-)

Change the weather to Sunny, Cloudy, or Rainy!∼


‘Ah! &#%!'

I have terrible stats to have, how did I even make it into this school!?!

I tried to identify the monster, as the game notification appeared.

The Monster Identified is ■■■ (Identifying - Est. 2.12 Minutes)

I'll have to hold out until it identifies properly, I noticed the monster was approaching out of the ground extremely fast. The whole monster was a blur to me, likely because I haven't identified it.

The crowd was already in panic as the situation came unfolded, with the officials ordering them into the castle. The remaining students helped the teachers restrain the monster. I was one of them.

I noticed Sage, it seems he transported with an alternate character, not Hazel. Not only that, but I didn't recognize the character from the novel at all.

This was a problem because that meant Hazel would die. Hazel was saved from death by Sage the first time he encountered her. The problem with this is, even though I have read through this event multiple times. My memory of the monster was seemingly erased, so I have no advantage until it registers.

I quickly ran towards Hazel, who was one of the combatants at the front. Of course, she was skilled in magic but was too weak for any monster of that caliber at her level. 

I ran into the front, and with the chaos ensuing, it was pretty easy to do so. The monster began attacking, injuring multiple students in one blow. The clock was ticking, I saw Hazel around 100 feet away, she was preparing to use flame magic.

I ran closer and closer, my legs were killing me, but I continued.

After reaching her, I muttered a single word, "Run."

The clock reached 1 second on the panel.


Monster Effectively Identified!

Elzia the Guardian Of The Forest - (Current Difficulty - ??)

Mana Types - Ice (B), Wooden (S) Dark (S)

The weak spot on the Leg - Right above the Thigh

 

(Rewards for Identifying Monster - 1 Stat Point and Title; [Novice Analyst]


As I read the information, the monster was no longer blurred, and It resembled a demon, with wooden trees growing out of everywhere.

I grabbed her and ran, Sage would surely deal with it. 

"Hey, stop that", she replied to be grabbing her hand, and tugging back with a stronger strength.

"That monster is too strong for you, we have to run".

"Why? How do you know that?", she replied with a confused face.

"... Just trust me," I said, looking into her eyes, fidgeting.

She finally accepted that and started running with me, the problem is, the monster was following us. As we ran, a notification appears.


Congrats on analyzing a (SS) Tier Monster!

Rewards will now be applied Instantaneously!


 

'...'

And then one more panel appeared.

 


 300 Stat Points have been registered! You can trade them for anything∼


 

"... Stay here. It will only give me a second, I forgot something.", I said in a serious tone.

"Fine, I'll keep going", she said sighing at my response

I then traded the stat points for a temporary ability. 


              Gravity Magic (SS Tier) - Temporary - 1 Use Left

A Law Of Nature.

-Spells

--Gravity Manipulation (★★)

--Black Hole (★★★★★)

--Compression (★★★★)

--Repulsion (★★★)

--Attraction (★★★)

Conditions --

Cooldown - ???

Active Time - 3 Minutes


I started running to Sage, I saw him very clearly, this would be the only way to fight him.

"Hey"

Sage quickly responded, "What?"

I started my only use of Gravity Magic, 3 minutes on the clock.

"I have a plan."

ººº

Please Comment and Rate It! Feedback Is Appreciated :>

6