#015 Travelling and Settling in
1.1k 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick double-checked his bags to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything. It was finally the big day. A day he was both looking forwards to and dreading. Back in his old life, he had played many games and watched many shows that focused on a magical school setting, and now all of that was becoming his reality. Admittedly, it was all a bit disorienting but he knew he would get used to it eventually.

It was almost time for his ride to the Academy to arrive. One of his butlers even came knocking on his door, offering to take his bags for him, which he gladly accepted. Nick knew he didn't have much time left, so he stopped by Amelie's room for a quick chat. Knocking on the door, he was surprised when she immediately opened the door without any delay.

"Come in!" she told him as he grabbed him by the hand and pulled him inside, closing the door behind him. With no time to react, she gave him a tight hug as her lips found him, and they kissed for a few moments. Both of them were reluctant to end it, but it was Nick who eventually pulled away.

"You know I said I'd visit right?" he teased her, still holding her close, her chest pressed against his.

"I know, I know. And I'm holding you to that promise okay?" Amelie added as she kissed him one last time before letting go.

"Im expecting you to," Nick responded as he left the room, ready to start his trip.

 

He jumped onto the carriage as some of his family's maids and butlers waved him goodbye. It wasn't a particularly long trip, but it was long enough that he had to leave now in the afternoon to make it somewhat late in the evening. His first destination would be the dorms, which were only a walking distance away from the main Academy grounds.

It was a bit surprising for Nick to learn that he would be sharing a dorm room with someone. "I guess schools cut costs anywhere they can in any world." Hopefully, he would get along with his dorm mate just fine. The bigger issue was having a severe lack of knowledge about pretty much everything.

Playing dumb didn't sound like something he wanted to do, and he was already planning to pick up as much information from those around him as he could, not just the teachers.

Nick was going to be taking water elementalism and sword fighting, along with a few other classes that weren't mentioned in the letter. Hopefully, his classes didn't come with the expectation of any amount of knowledge. He knew absolutely nothing about using a sword and next to nothing about his spells. Aside from the first time he created Aqua Arrow, his game system had been doing the heavy lifting for him, allowing him to cast and use the ability with a little more than a thought. Magic probably wasn't that easy for everyone else. Still, he was probably behind in levels compared to everyone in his class, so everything should be fine.

His real worry now that he wasn't going to be living at home, was xp gain. He didn't know if places like the slime forest were common or easy to find. If he couldn't kill things, then quests would be the only way for him to gain any xp, and those were already too unreliable. Problems for when he arrived.

 

The sun had set and it wasn't much longer after that his ride had finally reached its destination. The dorms looked more like apartments from his old world than he expected, though much bigger. Nick even spotted an identical building a short walk away which he guessed was for the women's dorms. They didn't seem as fancy as the house his family-owned, but he felt more at home here. It almost reminded him of his old home in his old life. His driver handed him his room key as he started unloading the bags. 

Nick walked in, taking in the sight of the lobby. Unlike an apartment, it looked more like a hotel here. An older man even waved him down from behind the reception desk.

"Name?" the older man asked, his voice indicating he was tired and maybe couldn't be too bothered with his job.

"Nick, sir," he responded, to which the man looked up at him with a flat look, clearly not used to being called sir. The man checked his clipboard for a few moments before he continued.

"Limoli?" 

"Yes, sir."

"203." the man finished as he wrote something down on a clipboard before turning his attention back to the book he was reading.

Getting the hint that the conversation was over, Nick grabbed his bags and started heading up the stairs to the second floor. It wasn't much longer until he found his room, near the beginning of the hall. He pulled his key out and made his way inside.

Unlike a hotel, the dorm room looked more like an apartment. There was a living room and even a kitchen, albeit a small one.

"Hey, roommate! What's up?" A voice suddenly called out to him from one of the rooms as a man walked out to greet him with a wide smile.

Sam Amana (Level 15) (Age 21)
Artificer
RS: 13

"Hey, yeah that's me. Im doing good what about you?"

"Doin' fantastic man. I'm Sam, good to meet ya," Sam said as he stuck his hand out for a handshake.

"Nick, good to meet you too," came the response as both boys shook hands, the wide smile never leaving Sam's face. He was a blonde just like Nick was. Only an inch shorter if that. He had a fit frame that wasn't overly buff but one that was slim. His hair reached to his shoulders, sort of reminding Nick of what 'Thor' looked like in the movies he'd seen.

"I was gonna wait until you got here to see what room you wanted, but it was getting late so I already settled into one. Sorry about that man," Sam told him with a chuckle as he took some of the bags from Nick's hands and guided him to the other room.

"They're the same so I hope it's not an issue." He added as he opened the door to what was now Nick's room. While it was smaller than his own bedroom back at home, it was still big enough to have everything he needed. A desk, a bed, a closet, and some extra space. The room was minimally decorated and even the bed's blankets were a plain gray.

"No worries I'm not a picky guy," Nick clarified as he set his bags down and sat on his bed, tired from the journey.

"Awesome Awesome. Theres some supplies in the desk drawers and stuff like your schedule so make sure you check that out before ya head to bed. Also a few uniforms in the closet." Sam explained, his voice carrying lots of energy and excitement. He was clearly more than ready to start his day.

"Thanks, man, ill check it out," Nick responded as he saw Sam give him a cheerful nod and head back to his own room.

"What a guy." he thought to himself as he got up to check what was in his drawer. 

Some notebooks, a small leather bag, and a few letters.

 

Welcome to OSA, one of the most prestigious academies in the country. Many students fight tooth and nail year-round for the chance to attend this institution. Starting tomorrow, you will be one of the students who made it. OSA is a place where one can nurture their talents and learn many new professions to prepare them for the real world. Work hard to excel in your classes and you will find a successful future sooner rather than later.

Motivating, but more importantly, there was a schedule listed at the bottom of the page. Unlike the schools he was more familiar with back in his old world, it seemed like here entire days were allocated to just one class.

Monday: Bladework
Tuesday: Water Elementalism
Wednesday: Summoning

Thursday: Ethics in magic use
Friday: Elective

36