Please Read ## Important Info / Background ##
286 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

# Read this for your own understanding. I have written almost every major element of the fic in this chapter. The rules and mechanics stated here are final and only subject to change by me.#

This fanfic is about Destiny (The game) and also the events of Destiny 2 (Sequel to the original game).

As stated in the synopsis, the main character is a player like us. However, one day he decides to make a new character and suddenly gets pulled into the game world. He appears in the destiny world as a hunter, some years before the main game releases the year 1 update. As such, he has to survive the times and make sure he reaches the future.

## How the Immortality works##

If you've never played destiny, it's important to know that every player in Destiny is in a sense immortal. It's better to phrase it as "undying". Players take the shape of "guardians", they are the travelers warriors, blessed with a power called the light, and assisted with a small droid called a "ghost". Ghost's are incredibly capable and essentially act as supercomputers. They can communicate, track and identify almost anything. (Similar to the game). A ghost also has the ability to resurrect any guardian who dies, infinitely. Hence, any "guardian" is immortal. But the game also has a unique restriction. Some areas where you cannot be resurrected, as to revive you, the ghost needs to channel the light of the traveller to you.

Hence, if you are deep in some crypt or dungeon, or likewise any area that is dominated by "darkness". You are essentially unable to be revived by your ghost, which we will refer to as (respawn). Other guardians may revive you, which is also how it works in-game if you've ever played it. Overall, most mechanics in game will carry over to this fanfic, that does include, engrams, crafting, upgrading, and tuning.

##Setting##

Fanfic is set in the main destiny universe, interstellar space, various planets and unique enemies. Overarching storyline including the Traveller(a.k.a The Great Machine) and the Darkness (Unknown enemy chasing the Traveller). The traveller protects civilizations by granting them light, in exchange they protect it using the light. The light allows one to transform into one of three classes.

*Warlock (Space Wizards)

*Hunter (Usually assassins and great duelists)

*Titan (Unbreakable walls and unbeatable defenders)

##Plot line##

The plot is fairly simple, our MC is a hunter class guardian. He gets transported into the game world, as an npc. (Similar to Legendary Mechanic). The storyline will correspond with yearly updates of destiny. As such, our first arc will stretch from year 1 till the black garden.

I will outline the arcs below for anyone unfamiliar with destiny's storyline.

1. Awakening/Black Garden ---> We start here

2. Dark Below/ Crota, Son of Oryx. ----> Year 1 major update

3. House of Wolves. ----> Queen Mara Sov campaign.

4. The Taken King/ Oryx ----> Crota's daddy ready to beat your ass.

5. Rise of Iron ---> Iron lords fighting SIVA

========================================

Destiny 2: Beginning

1. Red war ---> Red Legion attacks.

2. Warmind/ Forsaken

3. Shadow Keep.

4. Beyond Light

5. Witch Queen

========================================

##Story##

Our MC will have a system, don't read this unless you're ok with that. The system will not be so broken, it will give him similar functionality to a player, but also allow him to use the NPC side, as in issue bounties/missions and give rewards to players.

Destiny is an MMO Rpg, hence the players can redo the missions hundreds of times. However for our MC, that is not the case. He isn't a player. To him this world is very real, and in the eyes of the player, he can be considered an NPC. Therefore, the mc can only repeat large raids once. Whenever the MC has killed a boss/enemy. That boss no longer exists to the people in their world. However, the players are not a part of their world, hence they can still repeat the boss/ redo that fight again.

For example: If the MC kills Crota, then canonically, the Crota raid is finished. The players may repeat the raid countless times, however to his fellow npc's the Crota raid was very real and not a game, hence once it is done, it is completely gone.

## In conclusion, the main events of every arc, may only happen once. Strikes and the like can be repeated by our MC as well, usually it is not concerning major bosses.

As such, to speed the process of this fit, once MC finishes the main event of a story line in destiny, he will be given the option to "speed up" or "fast forward" time to when the next update hits. That is one ability of his system. Mostly, because I do not plan to loiter around, once the main arc of a story is done, we will move on to the next story. Similar to when a game update hits, and all the npc's react to the new story. But in this case, our MC can choose when to implement that update. Naturally, there are many restrictions on this clause, and he has to at least finish the story once to even qualify to skip that arc.

========================================================

#Characters#

It goes without saying, that I will be borrowing the likeness of the Destiny characters in this fanfic, for fair use. All the characters we meet in game, will be present. Ikora, Cayde 6, Zavala, Eris etc. You name it.

##Progress##

Here's the important part, similar to the game, we will start in the cosmodrome. Resurrected by our ghost, tasked by the system to find and reach the last city. Only.. this time the game isn't on our side. This is reality, and even though we are a guardian, life is hard. Our light level is 0 when we start. Our level is also 0.

The game works similar to year 1. Level goes up to 20, but our light level is essentially an average of our attack and defense attributes due to a weighted average of your equipped gear.

The max for all of Destiny 1 is a light level of 400, and a level of 40. The level experience we gain, can be used to level up our subclass, weapons and our light (only till level 20 for the light).

To increase our level beyond 20 is impossible through xp. Instead, we need to equip better gear and every 11 points of light will be considered an extra level.

Hence, at level 20, all your xp is converted to leveling your subclass and your weapons while you continue to find new weapons through doing missions or finding engrams. (Just sharing some common knowledge.)

There are three subclasses for each guardian.

1. Void

2. Solar

3. Arc

They all offer different supers (ultimate abilities). A player can easily switch between any subclass, but unfortunately if they haven't leveled it up, they will not be able to do much with it. Similarly, our MC can do the same, but he has to unlock each subclass through unique ways and then use them regularly to level them up.

Each subclass has their own benefits and I will not be going into detail here, please google destiny 1 subclasses if you want to know more.

===============================

#Rules#

1. Main Character is a Hunter class guardian. Hence, he has access to all the features that players do.

2. Unlike the players, the MC can not infinitely respawn, and needs to be revived by other guardians in places where ghost respawn is impossible (Darkness infested/ Low light influence places). Canonically, a guardian is very much alive as long as his/her ghost is alright. Yes it is possible for a ghost to be broken or to die, hence taking away the immortality from the guardian.

3. Goes without saying, but MC is not allowed to share the future with any players or fellow npc's directly. He cannot share any information regarding future events clearly, and even if he tries, the players/npc's cannot understand it.

4.  Yes a guardian can get a new ghost, only if his previous ghost has been destroyed. Similarly, a ghost can choose a new guardian, only if his previous guardian abandons it or for some reason cannot be revived. (These details are very obscure in the game and hence I will use my own interpretation of them in this fanfic.)

5. Unlike the players, the MC very much has to live in this world. Hence, it is harder for him to understand new concepts of light/ new aspects of subclass easily. Similarly, new weapons are harder to use unless he completely meets the level requirement (As in the game Destiny). MC must train his proficiency in weapons and the light.

6. Travel to any area is possible but obviously not feasible. Example: MC can travel to any planet or place using a jumpship, but it is not guaranteed he will survive it. Unlike the players, he isn't restricted by the game. (Rules like turn back and insta kill zones). Instead, he can experience the world like reality. Hence he can visit any place from Day 1, that is if he can survive it. However, the players cannot follow him, or simply do not understand what he means. I.e, Mc can travel to Europa, but the players cannot follow him/ or even know it exists until Destiny  2 campaign.

10