The Path to Glory – Chapter I
36 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hellad Lionscar, son of the magic swordsman Memzad Lionscar, is a merchandiser on the city of Gyeon. With 23 years, he has yet to see war, since the last war happened about 50 years ago. Still, Hellad has to live without having the opportunity to see his father. Jowita, Hellad's mother, told him that the only regret of his father was to not have died on the battlefield, since the honourable way to die, was on the battlefield.

Hellad went trough his life studying. He finished elementary school, which in Gyeon, as well as in the entire Empire, was just basic Koryan when he was just 15. On the capital of the Empire, the teaching was improved and consisted of Koryan, Maths, Geography and History. Since 15, Hellad decided to study at the University of Jilyagi, on the neighbouring country of Dejeongukian. The major he chose was the Economy.

The Emperor is considered by most of the population a fool. Awhile 10 of the 12 countries in the world have a decent schooling system, of all the 69 cities, only 8 have a school system, that ain't a good one at all. The only University on the entire Empire is only on Geumseonil, chosen since is relatively close to Wansandong, the Empire's Capital. Geumseonil has its entire economy working for the University. The University only accepts those who are from the Nobility, making it so only about 5k people study there.

Hellad is rich. But to the surprise of many, he chose to have a simple home to cut on expenses. It is not like his house is a poor one, it is a very beautiful one. He works on the city Town Hall, as the Secretary of The Region Economy, in which he controls the market of the border between the two countries. Today, as well he is currently archiving documents of trades.

So, when he would less expect, Zeonas, his messenger that worked to act as representant when making deals, rushes in.

-HELLAD, HELLAD! - It seemed like Zeonas had run a big distance - I have bad news, no, not bad ones, terrible ones.

-What happened Zeonas ?!?

-The leader of Dejeongukian, Faheh Juujpaft, declared war on us!

-What? Is that woman right on her mind? For more than 250 years we have kept our alliance - The Alliance Pact was signed on the capital of Yeochongukian, in 150 of the Soney Era - It does not make any sense.

-There ain't no time to think about it, the enemies troops are coming. Our troops are coming from Wansandong as well, but hey will surely arrive late.

Quickly, Hellad prepared his case to get out from the border region the fastest he could, because the Empire troops would take at least 4 days to arrive at Gyeon, awhile the enemies troops would take no longer than 1 and a half-day to get there.

On the other day, the entire city was engulfed in chaos and fear. Every citizen was afraid to stay for more second in the city. The city was crowed, that the gates couldn't have so many people going through at the same time.

In a glimpse, the city's gates were destroyed by a purple explosion. A mage had attacked the city, and from Hellad could notice by the direction from which the magic came, the mage was already inside Gyeon, and had now trapped every on inside it.

 

1