Chapter 1: Incredulous Reality
39 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within a world far from the Conflicts of Eklipses...

 

The dawn sun begins its encroach upon the horizon, bathing the land in its warm and once comforting sunlight.

The sun's rays feel nice on one's chilled skin, as the peasantry might say as they get up in the morning to begin their day's work. 

From tilling their lord's lands to working the heavy and menial jobs needed to keep a city of this scope running.

 

But it was a different situation in the city today, for not a single person was seen moving amongst the streets.

If anyone was present within the city on this day.

They could feel the land changed somehow, that something was deeply wrong. 

For there was not a single insect or rat moving amongst the cities streets either.

 

The only sounds left were that of the wind rushing through the crevices of the city.

Its tendrils invading the houses through open windows and rustling abandoned cloth.

The cloth that rustles is still held in the hands of mummified carcasses.

 

Staring at all the dried husks that litter the streets, that resemble the people of the capital city.

The true horror of the situation could only be grasped when seeing the main streets of the city.

For the 0nce bustling streets are covered in dozens to hundreds of dried husk.

 

Each in the middle of actions now long abandoned to the winds of time.

Some were walking home to work after a long day, still stuck with expressions.

Others that are hanging on their stalls were in the middle of bargaining goods with a customer.

 

The city is full of scenes that will never finish playing out, as the actors have long ceased breathing.

Though the city has become a ghost city, vestiges of its once prosperous and bustling nature remain.

The nature of the city's end did not take weeks but a single day to happen.

 

For not a single husk shows the signs of struggle, grief, or acceptance of theirs deaths.

All show a single moment of life, to the next the loss of it.

Leaving them mummified and transformed into dried husks of their once-living selves.

 

In the coming decades, many will try to understand the cause of the city's collapse.

Befuddling many scholars and priests on what had happened to cause the death of the entire population in a single day.

Or how so many corpses could be mummified in such a short amount of time.

 

Though the scholars stay cautiously open to what caused the population's mass death, the priest had other ideas.

The Priest of the True Goddess and eventually their successors proposed the cause was due to one creature.

That it was a demon's work that caused the cities ruin.

 

Though the existence of demons has been confirmed among the clergy and zealous.

The exact powers and appearance of such a creature have been up to heated debate.

With claims ranging as far as the goddess's light touches the land.

 

What can be agreed upon is the apparent supernatural influence that occurred that day in the city.

Though it will be unlikely for scholars and priests to agree to what had really happened.

Only the immortal entities will know what went down there in that city.

 

Especially one, in particular, would tell you who to blame for all the death found.

The one who reduced a proud capital to a ghost town full of mummified residents.

It will declare itself to be the one to blame for all the horror.

 

The one with such a claim is Emma the Traveler.

The immortal entity that is said to oppose the True Goddess.

Stating to the stunned researcher in the forest further.

That was the day they were born.

 

0