Chapter 7: Freak Confrontation
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emma stares blankly at the great behemoth as it rises from the shallow grave it inhabits. It lumbers with great effort to be stable.

The giant stares back at Emma with hostility unconcealed by its rotting carcass. A gaze only found to be held by the undead.

The giant starts to climb out of the grave it laid in to rot.

 

It grows increasingly agitated as Emma makes a run for it.

When he left the capital, he was not expecting to encounter something like this.

Especially not a rare encounter that knights of the capital murmured was only a thing in ages past.

 

Especially with how close this thing was to the capital.

How did the knights miss this thing? Were they high on substances again?

Emma did not have the answer, but he wished he did.

 

He might have just fought the skeletal giant out in the open if not for one thing.

Emma has no experience in battle.

Beyond basic skills to fend off assassins, he had to rarely ever defend himself.

 

By the time the next skirmish happened near his hometown.

He was long gone, sent off to the capital years before. 

Emma then is already in the capital, acting as his lord's jester. Entertaining any guest the king saw fit to keep in his court.

 

Despite the dangers, few sought to anger the king with the slaying of his jester.

He did do some work in the fields, but not nearly enough to build up muscle that lasted.

Emma does wonder if the claws would be enough, but he would need more than just his claws to stand a chance.

 

Though perhaps Emma has something, as he focuses a portion of his gaze onto the slabs within.

He could try something if only to slow it down as he runs to the closest set of trees.

Searching through his stockpile of Slabs, he finds the majority to be Grass or Life.

 

Though unsure of what he thinks will work, he can at least slow it down.

He can at least try, as he mentally grabs a large pile of Grass and Life Slabs.

Though unsure exactly why he can collect the things, he knows they weigh something at least.

 

As within each of Emma's hands, a large quantity of Slabs rests in each.

As he gets the [Slabs] out of his alternate space in mass, his perception seems to slow.

Emma notes a sensation as he looks at the giant and the slabs in hand.

 

It does not remove his free will as far he is aware. As nothing visually has changed besides its addition to his mind.

But it is almost like a muscle he had not used for a long time. One that he was not aware had existed until now.

How peculiar of a sensation, Emma wonders as he begins to move with it.

 

Slamming the two of the [Slabs] in his hands together. A [Grass Slab] and [Life Slab].

Soft green light floods the environment, lighting up the plains.

Creating something, as the [Slabs] meld together into something new.

 

Many options for what the final product could be were visible to him.

Verdant Growth, Adaptable Life, Volatile Life, Mutating Life, Sickened Life, Durable Grass, Vigorous Grass, Bush Grass, etc.

So many options pick with such little time to examine them in detail.

 

He knew which among them he would like the most for his plan to succeed.

As he is unaware of what the others can do in his situation, choosing the standard instead.

Hoping its effects are what he thinks they are. As he rather not have to try each one if the first works.

 

For from this mix, [Grass] and [Life] begets [Verdant Growth].

A new Slab was within my hand, one covered to the brim with wild and chaotic vines.

Emma can spend only a moment basking in this new creation before throwing it at the giant.

 

Unsure at first if that was correct, the action soon proves correct.

As the Slab almost immediately shines a brilliant green light.

An overwhelming abundance of vines flows from it towards the giant.

 

The vines entangle the rot giant's legs in an increasing fervor of growth, preventing movement.

Though it significantly slows the giant, it alone is not enough.

It is thankfully not the only one Emma can make.

 

As with a frantic pace, Emma creates more Slabs of the same kind.

Five additional slabs manifested through the same method and then launched at the giant.

Each of the slabs sprouts, finally restraining the giant beneath the rapidly growing vines.

 

The giant finds itself unable to snap the vines despite the vestiges of strength its body holds.

Beginning to fall, toppled by the vines that grow upon its pale body.

Though slow, its fall is imminent as the vines cover its body whole.

 

Crashing into the earth beneath it, crushing shrubs as it lays there.

Unable to move, unable to act, and unable to continue its rampage.

Emma stare's on as its sudden assault has come to an end.

 

Though the assault lasted barely more than a minute, it was far from relaxing.

Emma stares as he watches the vines continue to grow.

Sighing in relief as he tries to figure out what to do with this thing.

 

Spoiler
Slab Type: Slabs Remaining:
Bone: 1
Boundless Joy: 1
Flesh: 1
Grass: 70
Life: 55,050,090
Royal Pride: 1
Verdant Growth: 0
[collapse]

 

1