Chapter 2: the Crippled freak has an idea
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 years later…

It’s been 3 years to the day that I got reborn in this fantasy world and so far what I have discovered is, 1. I have been born into the family of Duke Wyrmblood brother to the King of Magistrae. 2. The kingdom of Magistrae is a human supremacist and magic dependent society. 3. Any non-human species except dwarves are kept as slaves in this kingdom. And finally #4. both my parents are very powerful, my father being a powerful Magic wielding Knight and general to the army of Magic users of Magistrae, and my mother is a very famous Ice mage of the Frost Giant adventurer guild which she is head of. Well anyway sorry for the info dump, whatever 4th dimensional beings that may read my thoughts and life as a source of entertainment.

As I was pondering my current predicament and the point of my existence a voice began to stir me from my sleep like meditative state.

???: Wake up Sleepy head! Time to wake up Master John!

John: mmhhheh! *mumbles incoherently* let me sleep!!

???: Now, now Master John you wouldn’t want to sleep in on your 3rd birthday now would you? Especially since today is the day you get your magical potential measured at the ceremony. Even your uncle the king will be in attendance.

John: Let me sleep, Patty!

Patty: Master John! I was given permission by your mother to threaten you with having your older sister practice her new water spell on you.

John: Fine!

As I get up I look into the cheery, preppy face of my nursemaid Patty and scowl at her. Unfortunately this has the opposite effect of my intentions.

Patty: Aww! Now don’t be like that. How about we play some cuddle bunny!

The moment that she said that a look of terror appears on my face, which she mistook for excitement. Curse my innocent childhood cuteness!!

She squeals in delight as i bolt out of bed and run as quickly as I can to the bathroom. She tries to catch me but ultimately she fails as I close the door and latch it shut.

Patty: Master John, you forget. You can’t dress yourself yet. So you’re gonna have to let me in.

I realize that the 13 year old brunette was right. Even though I remember how to, my body just doesn’t have the capability just yet.

~~~~~~~20 minutes later~~~~~~~

Now that I am dressed Patty leads me downstairs and into the dining hall. Once we enter the dining hall my mother rises out of her chair and quickly walks up to me and starts squeezing the life out of me.

Lady Rayne: awww! My little John is all excited for his magic testing ceremony today aren’t you!!!

John: m~mom…can’t breathe.

After she finally stopped squeezing me to death I was able to breathe properly again and sat down for breakfast. 

???: aww! If it isn’t my baby brother, John!

John: well if it isn’t my idiotic sister, Raven.

Raven: aww! I love you too! :)

John: how did you do that?!

Raven: do what? ;)

John: That!!

Duke Wyrmblood: settle down children. -_-

John: you’re doing it too!?

~~~~~~~~3 hours later~~~~~~~

Maybe I will become a great and powerful necromancer! Or have the ability of Anti-magic! Or maybe I will become a great summoner! As I was thinking of all the great op abilities I could possibly get, Patty interrupts.

Patty: it’s ok Master John. I’m sure with your family lineage you’ll be an amazing mage, sorcerer, wizard, summoner, or mage-knight like your father.

John: I wasn’t worried…

She then suddenly, abruptly hugged me.

Patty: It’ll be ok!!! *starts crying*

After 10 awkward minutes of listening to Patty cry, it was finally time for the ceremony to begin. Patty quickly recomposes herself and leads me into the other room.

The room is a large circular room with a domed ceiling that was painted with the constellations of the night sky. All around the room there were people wearing cloaks of all sorts of colors, black, purple, white , blue, and green. But there was only one in the center of the room. She was a short ( tall for me), imposing woman well into her twilight years. She wore a white cloak and gown accented with silver.

Priestess: welcome all to the measurement ceremony of John Wyrmblood’s magic capability! Whether he becomes proficient in Magic or Anti-Magic, he will still have a worthwhile place in this society! Now a lot of you know how this works but for those who don’t; if the crystal glows black = Anti-Magic, grey = nothing (crippled), yellow = enough to be a productive member of society, green = knight, orange = sorcerer/sorceress, red = mage-knight, dark blue = wizard/witch, light blue = mage, and purple = dark mage or summoner. Now let us begin.

She then quickly hands me a crystal. as it flashes through a rainbow of colors in my hand, I can’t help but wonder what I’m going to be. Then the crystal starts to shine until it stops and fades into a dull grey.

???: he’s a cripple. *whisper*

???: … a freak…*whisper*

???: …a meaningless burden to society…*whisper*

There are plenty of gasps and whispers and the sound of my mother crying as they all realize what this means. It takes a minute for this to sink in.

John: I’m doomed.

~~~~~~2 days later ~~~~~~

As I’m laying on my bed staring at the ceiling, thinking about how I’m doomed a thought stirs in my mind. 

Wait in my past life my father was a gunsmith and he taught me a decent bit about the history of guns and how they worked. What if I build guns?

sorry it has been so long I’ve had some writers block for some time. Hope you understand and enjoyed the story!

0