Co-Captain – Emery Halliwell
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Co-Captain

Emery Halliwell

 

 

It felt like I’d been here for weeks, every day was exactly the same; Peter would check I was still chained to the wall, ensure I hadn’t picked the lock, then he’d leave and come back with lunch a few hours later, then dinner.

                I had no idea what was going on in the outside world, but I knew one thing, if Stiles and Lydia didn’t hear from me soon they’d know something was up. I knew it couldn’t of been weeks, but I’d lost count after day three.

                I thought Sky would of come for me by now, I thought someone would of.

                I wanted to know why my mother had done this, not that she deserved the title, all she’d done was manipulate me. Bitch.

                KNOCK.

                KNOCK.

                Peter stood at the door, a plate in his hand that he put on the bed, eyeing the chains brandished tightly around my ankles.

                “I have a job for you,” He said. “Your winter formal is coming up—”

                “I’m not bringing you as a date.” I laughed. “And anyway, I don’t have a dress, everyone would question where the hell I’ve been and honestly, I don’t feel like lying.”

                Even though Peter had knocked me into unconsciousness, there was only so much he could do to me before he’d cause permanent damage, and with how well shackled he was keeping me, I was quite certain he was determined to keep me in good condition.

                “You’re so defiant for someone who wants to be a Guardian,” He said. “That’s all you’ve talked about.”

                “So we’re adding stalker to the list of crimes you’ve committed, fabulous.” I muttered. “Listen Peter, you’re insane and quite frankly…”

                I wasn’t able to finish my sentence however, as the shadows of the early sunset waned through the window, a sharp jolting pain shot through my body like lighting. I would of cried from sheer agony but any air was sucked from my lungs, I grabbed for the sheets, gasping for breath.

                “What did you do?” I asked, through broken breath. “Stop! Please it hurts.”

                “I’m not doing anything,” Peter said but his voice was muffled, his hands gripping my arms.

                Then, like someone had stabbed a knife through my chest, I screamed, a pain shooting through my heart and I didn’t realise it, but tears wetted my face. The pain was unimaginable, like someone was sending electricity through my body.

                “Please!” I begged.

                Then, like it was nothing, one final jolt sliced up my body and my vision was consumed with nothing but black.

                “Shit, it’s Derek,” The swallowing voice of Peter said, which only got quieter. “Emery, focus on my voice, pull yourself out of this.”

                I didn’t, a sea of blackness raged on behind my eyes and as I no longer felt Peter’s grips on my arm, I realised for the first time in months, I felt nothing but peace as I succumbed to the dark.

0