Merrow’s Blood – part 1
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Imagine the sweetest of sounds, the most enthralling of melodies sung with a voice son vastly beautiful words fail to describe a song that if you heard it, you probably wouldn’t ever forget, even if you tried your hardest to erase, it becomes a part of your very being it attaches itself to your soul, it grips your heart and leeches away all of your attention.

Most can’t do anything but listen to it because, at first, they feel at peace; they drown in harmony, tranquility, and sometimes, for some, even nostalgia.

When they realize what’s happening, it’s almost always too late.

Because this song, this ghost wail of horror, is the sound the fishermen and sailors of the world hate and fear the most.

The people of the sea are some of the most well-respected individuals in places like Ostara and some Ashen Kingdoms, where religious fervor mixes with almost childlike admiration and curiosity... After all, for many, the line between a sailor and an adventurer is a blurry one. They both need to be strong or die.

The sea has never been friendly to anyone, and its real inhabitants are always too keen on ripping apart everything that moves on their waters, from sharks to giant squids to more "exciting" animals like Gin-Firs and the all-mighty Garganomr, sleeping at the heart of the deep blue sea.

But one of the dangers that are seldom warned about, often ignored and left only to the realm of fantasy and rumor, mostly due to their rarity is an encounter with these creatures of immense beauty.

The experienced seamen are always wary of them, often instructing the young fishermen on the dangers of disturbing the fragile equilibrium that keeps this "peaceful coexistence" with the "deep ones", the "fish people", the "songstresses of the full moon", the "augurs of death", the merrows.

For when the balance is disturbed, the merrow song will be played and is the last thing they will hear as they are dragged down beneath the waves by pale and thin pretty water tendrils… and the monsters of the depths feast upon their flesh.

0