RUINED – FINALE
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
That will be the last remaster till I'm done with the core.

3e912fdff745da789314fe6d87c0bd91.png

"Ngggh..." Moaning, I Shift under the covers. Blinking the crust out of my eyes, I sit up, lethargic. Stretching my arms, I stand.

"Tshh..!" Breathing heavily, I sit back down. "Why are my legs so sore..?" Massaging my legs, I stare at the splayed corpse of my companion next to me.

"Rest in peace." Successfully standing up this time, I start my morning stretches. feeling my bones shudder at the pressure, I can't help but feel sad. With practically 0 Stamina and more flesh than muscle, I doubt I could kill something if I tried my hardest.

Finishing my stretches, I stand straight, satisfied.

Picking up the pie on the small table in the centre of the room, I quickly eat the entire thing before going to open the door.

"What a good nap." Popping up beside me, she lazily floats in the air.

Staring at her, I squint. "Chara. That's called sleeping."

"Oh, who cares. They're basically the same thing!"

"I don't feel like arguing right now" Sighing, I pick up the plate and begin walking into the living room. "You must've been hungry, seeing as the pie vanished in a second." 

"Well, Being as charming as me takes a lot of energy." Staring at my deadpan face, I can tell she's struggling to figure out whether I'm being serious, or joking.

Ignoring her, I walk past Toriel who smiles at me, And place my dirtied plate in the sink. 

Slowly making my way back into the living room, I stand next to Toriel.

"Ah, Up already?" Slightly sliding over on the chair, she beckons me. 

Sitting beside her, she takes her reading glasses off before continuing.

"I just want you to know how glad I am to have someone else here with me."

Feeling my heart rate spike, I furrow my brow. "There are so many old books I wish to share. I can even show you my favourite bug-hunting spot."

"I've also prepared a curriculum for your education, believe it or not, I've always wanted to be a teacher!"

Staring at her disbelieving, she laughs.

"Ok, maybe it's not that surprising! Either way, I am glad to have you live here with me. But, seeing your face I have to ask. Do you need something?"

Going to move my lips, I choke on my own words as they catch in my throat. Pushing the feeling out of the way, I recapture my emotions and speak.

"How would I go about leaving the ruins?"

Obviously not expecting the question, I get radio silence in return.

Worry flashing over her face, she pauses before quickly trying to change the subject.

"A-ah! Would you like to listen to me read this book to you? It's titled '72 uses for snails!'"

Fighting against the random instinct to agree, I continue pushing.

"When can I go home?"

Face going stoic, She stands. "My child, there is... Something I must do." Walking away, I start to stand when she looks back at me. "Please, stay here."

"Well, Don't listen to her! Come on, GO!" Pushing me from the comfortable seat, I groan before walking after her.

 

fa2d4df3d82ccfcc063cac71b767fb73.png

(Click) (Click) (Click)

Hearing the footsteps reverberate throughout the Hallway, I resist the Urge to leave. I have much less control over my body and instincts. Very annoying.

Walking up behind Toriel, She picks up the pace.

"You wish to return home, do you not?" speed walking down the hall, Toriel speaks. "Ahead of us lies the end of the RUINS, A one-way exit to the rest of the underground." Stopping in front of a gargantuan purple door, I stare through her.

"I... I am going to destroy it. No one will ever be able to leave again." Apprehensive, I can tell she's wondering if she's truly doing the right thing.

Turning around, She stares at me. "You... You naive child. Do you not understand? If-If you leave..! They, Asgore will kill you! Take your soul! I-I am only protecting you! Now be a good child and go upstairs!" 

hearing her emotion-filled cry, I take a step back. Something is different. This isn't how I remembered this.

"You... You are just like the others. There is only one solution to this. Prove to me, Prove that you are strong enough to SURVIVE!" Kicking off the floor, I jump backwards. face paling, I watch as the tower of flames pierce the ground on which I was just standing. She's stronger.

Ducking to my left, I watch as the whip of flame cuts the rock, leaving nothing but charred brick. "This isn't good..." I whisper under my breath.

Toriel is not a physical attacker, That I know. So the chance of her getting Physical is 0 to none. But...

Ducking my head, I watch as a gargantuan fireball cuts through the air.

Feeling the intense heat, I start sweating.

Her magic Is strong. Far stronger than I remember. brandishing the toy knife, I cut through the tiny spheres of flame before dashing to the right to evade the larger one.

"I don't want to hurt you, Toriel!" Screaming, I attempt to reason with her.

"..." And all I get in return is silence. cursing my luck, I dive forward to escape the hand of flame that erupts from the floor beneath me.

"Haagh... Hahhh..." Panting heavily, I get an idea. Spending the last bit of energy I have, I put all of my focus into approaching her. Ducking and weaving out of the way of her spells, I can tell she's getting tired. Using too much MAGIC Is bound to take a lot of energy.

Casting a close-range beam-esque spell, I dash under it before Jumping for her.

"....!" Putting her hands out almost by instinct, I fall into them and give her a hug.

"M-my child..?" voice wavering, she falls to her knees as she hugs me. "I love you, Mom."

Hugging me tighter, She bursts into tears while rubbing my back.

fa2d4df3d82ccfcc063cac71b767fb73.png

"I'm sorry, my child. So very sorry. I do not understand what came over me." Calming down slightly, She lets me go before standing up. leaving her hands on my shoulders, she gives me a tired smile.

"I understand you wish to go home but..." Gripping a little tighter, I watch as she struggles.

"No... Nevermind." Collecting herself, she starts walking away slowly. "If you truly wish to leave the ruins, then I will not stop you..." Turning around, She gives me a sad smile. "Please. Do not come back."

As she walks away, I stand still.

"Frisk... Are you ok?" Feeling my face tighten, I shake my head.

"No... I-I don't think I am." Wiping a thumb over my face, I grimace. Tears. 

Pulling my burned shirt to my face, I wipe away the waterworks before breathing deeply.

"No rest for the wicked." Putting my hands up to the door, I push it open with a loud (Thump). 

"Wanna talk about it, Frisk?" 

"Maybe later. When we're safer. We still have to deal with the homicidal flower."

"That's no way to treat your BEST Friend, Now is it?"

Stopping in my tracks, I turn around. 

"I KNEW something was wrong when I saw you. You're practically dripping with determination!"

staring at the flower, I take a step back. I don't have the stamina or the mental capacity to fight right now.

"At first, I was so confused! Memories, Memories that weren't mine, but were mine at the same time!"

hearing something behind me, I turn around to see thick vines blocking the exit of the ruins. Fuck.

"Memories of death, of FEAR!" laughing, I watch as his face distorts. "And I can't save anymore!" Looking through me with his hollow eyes, he shudders. 

"But, neither can you. This world, I can feel it. It's breaking."

Hearing the vines dissipate behind me, I raise my eyebrows at the flower.

"Remember, Though..." Face distorting, he gains a metre in height as he laughs menacingly. "not even you, are above the consequences!" Disappearing into the stone, he leaves me and Chara alone in the dark hallway.

"...Well. That was something." Walking to the end of the hall, the strangely silent Chara says something.

"When I said that the timeline was fucked, I meant it. But... I didn't think it would be this bad."

"Is there anything we can do?" I say.

"Yes."  She says curtly. "Make this one you're last."

With one final push from CharaWe leave the RUINS

fa2d4df3d82ccfcc063cac71b767fb73.png

4