Prologue (Samantha)
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Just a note: DragonGirlWithClaws wrote this whole Prologue.

Samantha slowly walked down the hall. Glancing over her shoulder, she headed to the school doors- and was stopped by her collision with something big. No... No, not him... She thought desperately, but she knew who it was when she turned her head. Ben. Samantha bit her lip. What did he want now? Ben stuck out his hand. "Gimme your test." He grunted. Samantha surprised herself by daring to ask, "Why?" Ben sneered, and her courage failed her. She unzipped her bag and pulled out the Greek Mythology quiz they had gotten back last period. She had gotten all the questions about the Minors, especially her favorite, Nemesis, and little-known stuff right, but hadn't had time for the other questions. And so many P and H and A names! With her dyslexia, she had spelled some of them wrong.

Ben took it, looked it over, and laughed. "B plus? I got an A." He bragged. 

Samantha narrowed her eyes. Even years later, she didn't know exactly what happened. All she knew was that her mouth opened against her will and said, "Liar.

The whole gymnasium fell silent. Fifty pairs of eyes turned in her direction. Samantha stood a little taller. She didn't know how, but she did know it was true. She didn't know it, but one boy in the crowd with fake feet and jeans covering furry hindquarters saw her glow with black energy, A broken wheel appearing briefly over her head. He gasped and turned away, fighting through the crowd to reach the Latin teacher's office.

Ben sneered. "Says who?" He taunted. Empowered by the black glow she didn't see, Samantha smirked. "Me." She lunged forward, tearing his bag off his back and destroying the strap. She didn't care. She unzipped it and grabbed the test, holding it up to display to the crowd a huge red F minus. 

A chorus of gasps and oohs followed. Samantha could practically see the steam coming out of Ben's ears as his face developed a nasty tic and turned red. "You'll pay for that, Day!" He shouted, lunging at her.

Samantha tried to dodge, but Ben was faster, fueled by his anger. He grabbed her by the neck and threw her to the floor. Dazed, she tried to get to her feet, but Ben punched her so hard she almost blacked out. But he wasn't done. He pulled a knife out of his now-destroyed bag -why does he have a knife? She thought faintly- and stabbed it into her forehead, dragging it down diagonally to the tip of her nose. As she did black out, she realized that since this was her first time fighting back, this was her first defeat.

And she hated it.

As she slipped into blackness, she swore that one day she would get him back. He would pay.

And when the chance came, she would show him no mercy.

0