Chapter 7: Dot, The hoodie wearing wanderer
18 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moon shines in a place far from the city where Ymeno lives. A small town, but one currently being terrorized by a gang. They’re small now, but recruits have been steadily gaining over time.

A peculiar man wearing a hoodie walks into this barren town. A far cry from the busy nightlife that a city holds. No one is on these empty streets. 

On his hip rests a weapon. He fancied calling himself a wanderer, one who only hops from town to town, always wearing a hoodie that obscures his face. 

Standing in front of a bar where the more important figures of the gang operate, the door slams open, a person being kicked out following soon after.

Perhaps not noticing, the wanderer had a small smile plastered on his face as he stepped into the gathering place for this specific gang.

All the patrons sitting at wooden tables acted like they didn't hear anything and kept chattering. The wanderer walks towards the bartender and orders a drink, accidentally hitting another person while sitting down. The bartender happily obliges, filling the glass and sliding it towards the hooded figure. 

"Hey pal, what's with that thing on your hip?" The person next to him asks.

Said person had a tattoo on his face, and a look that quite clearly told everyone around him to get out of his way.

After drinking his glass in one go, the wanderer responded. 

"Not important."

A fist was slammed against the bar.

"Answer. Now."

Some heads turned around, looking at the two. One of the people that were looking handed over 10 dollars to another person, they all knew what was about to happen.

"You have eyes in your head, right?" He snarkily remarked as he paid the bartender.

As the tattoed man wanted to say something, the hooded figure held out his index finger, shushing him.

"Have you heard of the ones that cannot be seen, but they somehow see everything?"

The tattoed man and everyone else in the bar fell silent.

"What do you want to know?"

"Tell me everything."

This made the tattoed man laugh hard, as multiple people stood up, surrounding the hooded figure. The bartender just sighed dissapointingly.

The tattoed man pulled out a knife, pointing it towards his hooded opponent.

"Yeah, not happening. It seems you already know too much."

6 people all grabbed different weapons.

With a 'tch', the hooded man stood up and punched the tattoed man in the nose, the latter not even having a second to respond. Blood started flowing, dripping down on the ground.

"Come at me!" Echoed throughout the bar.

A man with a steel pipe came dashing, trying to bluntly hit him on the head. The wanderer dodged it easily, punching the steel pipped opponent in the jaw, knocking him out. 

The wanderer dashed towards another opponent who was wielding a metal bat. With another punch aimed at the jaw, the adversary slumped over. One of the gang members broke their beer bottle in response, thrusting at the neck of the hooded man who was making mincemeat of them.

But the hooded figure swayed under the attack,  before punching the attacker's face with the force of the sway behind it, slamming him into the ground. Only three men were left standing, one of which was visibly frightened, and another who had a broken nose.

All the wanderer did was smile. The only thing that the gang members could see were his eyes, and a katana on his hip, they didn't have the slightest clue who this was. One of the gang members assumed a boxing stance as they charged the hooded adversary.

They were the first one to actually connect a punch, hitting the wanderer right in the stomach. But he just retaliated with a fist that connected on his opponent's right cheek. The frightened member reluctantly joined his fellow companion in beating up this figure.

The wanderer had to dodge all the blows that were aimed at him. One at his face, then another at his chest, the frightened member tried to sweep him while the boxer tried to hit him with a straight, slowly cornering him towards one of the table. With quick thinking, the wanderer rolled over the table, creating space between the three.

Although, this caused his hood to fly off. Revealing that he had brown hair, and a cut on his left eyebrow. A large smile told the gang members more than enough. He bolted towards the boxer before his frightened companion could catch up, hitting him with a dropkick. A loud thud and crack was heard as the boxer crashed into the bar, slumping afterwards.

The frightened man pretended to be unconscious as his attacker walked towards him. The brown-haired man sighed in response.

"You should find a better place to be in." He muttered under his breath. 

Looking around him, 4 people were knocked out. The only one standing was the leader of this gang, who the brown-haired attacker purposefully kept conscious.

Turning around, the click of a gun was heard. The leader pointed it towards the man who knocked out the rest of his gang. The man's smile quickly disappeared.

"You don't see those a lot." 

He hovered his hand around the sheath of his katana. The gang leader cackled in response.

"You're too far away to do anything!"

But all the man did was crouch in response. Placing his hand on the sheath of his katana. Tenseness filled the room.

"I'm warning you, don't do anything. I have your life in my hands." The gang leader threatened, although he felt a bit of intimidation, as the brown haired man didn't listen.

"Pull the trigger, then. I dare you."

The gang leader's index finger slowly started to press in the trigger, but in what seemed like a fraction of a second, a deep blue glow surrounded the brown haired man as he quickly unsheathed, then sheathed his katana, the blade never being seen. 

Four loud consecutive thuds were heard, the sound of bone shattering echoed throughout the bar. The gun was never fired. Blood began spurting out of the mouth of the leader as both he and the gun dropped to the ground.

The brown haired man walked towards the leader. Slamming his foot next to the face of the wheezing opponent.

"I think I broke your hand and one of your ribs, right?” He chuckled.

“Tell. Me. Everything."

"I don't know anything! They only supplied me some weapons. They're in the shadows for a reason! I only know of a rumor, their leader has 'special eyes'. I promise, that's all I know."

"Stop terrorizing this town too, or I will come for you again. You better not tell anyone about this, either."

The leader nodded in fear.

"Sorry for messing up your pub, sir. Should I help cleaning up?" 

"Eh, no problem really. At least you've removed some pests from it, what's yer name, stranger?"

"It’s Dot!"  he said as he walked out of the pub

Buzzing was felt in his pocket as he walked outside. Someone was calling him this late? Picking up, a familiar voice was at the other end of the call.

"Oh, hey Kane."

"How's it going with my favourite bodyguard?" 

"I'm your only one, right? Nevertheless, pretty good, travelling around the country, it's a bit tiring though." 

"Good to hear! You haven't been gangbusting, right?"

"....About that." 

The man on the other side laughed.

"Just don't get into trouble, I don't want to bail you out."

"Okay, see you later."

With a beep, the call was over. The bodyguard walked into the beautiful moonlit night, wandering once more, with a katana on his hip.

0