Chapter 1
1.2k 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A great throne grander than any ever seen in history was floating in space with a man whose features were almost straight out of a portrait sitting on it. His hair was black, and his mesmerizing, emerald-green eyes created a sort of magnetic aura that drew people to him, but those same eyes looked tired and unbelievably bored. The wonder and beauty of the universe were before him, but he had gotten so used to the sight that it had lost its novelty. In fact, this was the same problem that had been plaguing him for centuries.  

"Guess I'll be starting school tomorrow, huh? I wonder if this will be the cure to my boredom."

He thought out loud, but the idea was so ridiculous he almost felt like scoffing at it. Having nothing else to do at that moment, he started scouring through the universe, looking for something interesting to watch. In no time, he found what he was looking for. It was interesting but not in the way that he hoped. He clicked his tongue and said,

"Those idiots are still wasting their time praying to me like I were a god. Would they stop if I told them to or would that increase their dumb faith?" 

As he was considering his options, his thought process was interrupted by a woman's voice,

"Lord Albius."

It was the voice of a colleague, a woman he could not possibly ignore, so he rotated his throne to face her. She was a beautiful woman with long, white hair and red eyes who gave off a noble air. Her quiet, calm demeanor was in stark contrast to the raging fighting spirit that exuded from her at all times.

"Tsuruno, it's been a long time. What brings you to my humble abode?"

"We'll be having another meeting today, so I was sent to inform you."

"Another meeting? About what?"

She almost let out a sigh but controlled herself and relayed the information to him. Despite his nonchalance, she or any other Irregular could never be rude to him. After all, he was the First among Administrators, the leaders of Irregulars. Satisfied with her explanation, he gave a short nod in reply and asked,

"Will Lydia be attending?"

"Yes, she will be there."

Or rather, she was forced to. I wonder how she managed to become his favorite. It almost makes me envious.

Tsuruno thought to herself quietly as she watched his lips curl into a smile. He nodded satisfactorily and said,

"Okay, I'll come,"

Then, his face contorted slightly, and he added,

"I've never been a fan of such meetings though. I'd rather learn how to play golf than participate in meetings that go nowhere."

They'd go somewhere if you made up your goddamn mind already!

She almost screamed but dodged a bullet by biting her tongue. Whether that was good or bad luck, she couldn't tell, but fate played a trick on her. 

"Oh, you bit your tongue?"

Of all things, why did he have to notice something so embarrassing? Agh, now my reputation is ruined!

"What reputation?"

"You were reading my mind?!"

She failed. She had lost her composure immediately and exposed her true self. 

"I knew what you were going to tell me before you even spoke a word. I was just playing along to see this most interesting reaction."

He tapped her shoulder from his throne and delivered the finishing blow,

"I was not disappointed. Thank you."

He had a big, warm smile on his face but to Tsuruno, it was like the grinning of the devil. 

How could he? Ugh, my privacy, defiled...

"I'll try not to peep into your mind anymore, but I've noticed that you keep a lot of things in. Hence, your reputation as an 'Ice Queen'."

Tsuruno pouted slightly but continued listening to Albius, 

"Don't mistakenly think they're complimenting you when they call you that. You should try to express yourself more."

He teleported away after saying that, leaving his throne behind. As she stared at it, she thought,

I guess he's nicer than the rumors make him out to be, but he did read my mind without my permission, so... I don't know.  

She drew her katana with lightning-fast speed and sliced open a rift through space-time. Walking through it, she arrived at the meeting, sat down next to him, and asked,

"By the way, why are you wearing that?"

Albius looked at his clothes and asked,

"What? My School Uniform?"

"Yes."

"I'll be starting school tomorrow, so I wanted to try it out first."

What's the so-called king of Irregulars doing at a school?

"I just thought it'd be interesting."

He replied with a smile, and she glared at him.

"Sorry, sorry, I'll try not to peep anymore."

"Hm? What's this? Is this the flower of love blooming?"

A short, beautiful girl jumped down from the chandelier and landed on the long, rectangular table at the center of the room. Her short, blue hair and blue eyes left a memorable impression on anyone who saw them, and her mischievous expression earned her the moniker of 'Trickster'.

"Have you forgotten about me?"

She asked with a fake heartbroken expression, and Albius replied,

"No, I could never, even if I wanted to. How could I forget my fellow Administrator who bravely challenged me only to lose so miserably? It was a sight for sore eyes."

Her left cheek almost twitched at his stinging remark, but she was an expert at concealing her emotions. She would never be shaken so easily and sought to always take the initiative in a conversation.

"Yes, and after that honorable defeat. I was so enamored by your greatness that I wanted to marry you that instant. That's why I confessed my love to you, but you rejected me. Even now, you still reject me."

She teared up and cried,

"What happened to our marriage plans?!"

It was a stellar performance, but Albius was having none of it.

"I don't remember making any."

"Oh, you're so cold, but I like that about you, Albius."

"You never cease to amuse me, Lydia."

They both smiled affectionately at each other, but Lydia couldn't fully hide her resentment this time, not after Albius had picked at her open wounds like that. As Lydia sat down opposite Albius, Tsuruno whispered, 

"Are you sure you should be provoking her like that?"

Many people respect you, but I'm sure you're also aware that you have a lot of enemies.

I know, but knowing and caring are two different things.

He replied telepathically but just as he was about to say more, the two final participants arrived, and the meeting began. 

 

20