Chapter 66 – The Last Meeting
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marcelo and Tsuruno had received a telepathic message from Albius and were now gathered in the meeting room. 

"I've never heard him sound like that before..."

Tsuruno mumbled, and Marcelo added,

"He is usually so... easygoing, so for him to sound like he was boiling with rage is something..."

Tsuruno shot a disapproving look his way and said,

"I've still not forgiven you, you know?"

At this, Marcelo scratched his head and said,

"I was rooting for you the entire time. I even destroyed her Coliseum for you..."

"Coliseum?"

"I'll tell you about that later. He's here."

At this, both of them tensed up in anticipation of what— or rather, who was to come in through the gates, and at that moment, the golden gates opened on their own accord, revealing an absolutely furious-looking Albius. He made his way to his throne, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists all the way. Then, he collected himself as he sat down with what seemed like a frown permanently etched into his expression. Sparks of pure energy seemed to fly off of him as he opened his mouth to speak.

"Let's commence this meeting,"

He commanded authoritatively. Normally, he would let Marcelo take over the proceedings, but things were different this time, and they could feel it.

"I've come across some information that could potentially transform everything we thought we knew about ourselves. I won't be disclosing the source for personal reasons, but I will be telling you my plans regarding them."

At this, Marcelo let out a sigh of relief, but Albius noticed and addressed him, saying,

"Don't think I've forgotten about what you did! You will surely be punished for that when I come back!"

"Where are you going?"

Tsuruno asked, but Albius ignored her and said,

"Our scientists and philosophers were right to guess that we, as Irregulars, have experienced an evolution, one that changed us into what we are now. However, they never could identify the cause or, should I say, the source of the evolution..."

"You mean,"

Marcelo started, and Albius answered,

"Yes, now I know what happened, and it fills me with rage!"

He slammed his fist on the table, causing the room to start shaking, and then he took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing,

"I don't know when it happened, but some fifth-dimensional beings invaded our world and had sexual relations with women, which led to a mutation of our genome. Do you even realize what this means?"

Marcelo widened his eyes and said,

"All this time, we've been operating under false assumptions..."

"Exactly. From our observations, we concluded that all humans were Regular until they hit puberty since there were no known means to detect that mutation."

"But now we know that we were Irregulars from birth..."

Tsuruno added.

"That's right. It also means that Irregularity can be genetically transferred."

At this, the room went silent, as it was an issue that scholars from different schools of thought had hotly debated. They had reached no agreement, but the popular consensus was that Irregularity couldn't be genetically transferred.

"All the Irregulars out there, hiding their powers and starting families, are unknowingly corrupting the human species. It's quite a lot to take in, but that's none of my concern."

He turned to the two of them and said,

"That's your problem now."

"What do you mean?"

Tsuruno asked. She felt like things were moving to an undesirable destination.

"I will be leaving this dimension to confront our parents in a few days."

"What?! You can't!"

She protested, but her protests fell on deaf ears.

"As such, I'll be leaving you in charge of everything. Don't make a mess of things while I'm gone,"

He stood up from his throne and announced with a loud voice,

"I now close this meeting!"

And he warped out of the room, leaving Tsuruno and Marcelo confused.

0