Chapter 1
558 38 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Beep, beep, beep…

Damn let me sleep. My mind thinks as I press the sleep button on my alarm clock before I then abruptly slam my face back onto my pillow.

10 minutes later…

Beep, beep, beep, beep…

“Shut up!” I yell as I lift my arm out from under the covers to clumsily find and press the snooze button again. I then nestle back into bed shuffling around a bit to get comfortable before slowly drifting off to dreamland again…

Oh SHHIIIT!! Moments before sleep takes me, I abruptly remember something very important. I’ve got a job interview today! Damn me and my bad sleep schedule. I rip off his blanket and jumps out of his bed before gliding over to the bathroom slamming the door behind me. Knowing I couldn’t have a shower because I was already late, I decided that I would have to settle with just deodorant and brushing my teeth.

When I spat out the water, I looked at the clock hanging above the sink to check the time on the clock hanging above the sink. 9:55!? Fuck I’m already 35 minutes late.

Beginning to panic I rushed around my apartment trying to find everything I needed so I could try to get to the interview on time. I began by shoving a toaster waffle into the toaster and I then proceeded to filling the kettle with water before placing it onto the stovetop to boil. While I was waiting for the kettle to boil and the toaster waffles to well toast, I grabbed out a mug from one of the kitchen cabinets. After I did that, I proceeded to get a spoon and scooped a few spoonsful of instant coffee.

I then proceeded to undress before putting on the worn beige business suite I had left hanging on the table chair the night before. I struggled with the pants for nearly a minute.

Once I was dressed, I heard the sound of the toaster launching its contents into the air and shortly after the whistle of a kettle boiling. After I put my analogue wristwatch on, I grabbed the kettle and poured the scalding hot water into the mug. When I had set the kettle back down on the stove, I snatched the spoon off the bench and quickly proceeded to stir the coffee into the water. When done I chucked the spoon into the sink after which I snatched up the toaster waffle and proceeded to quickly eat it. When I had finished eating, I grabbed the mug and started drinking the coffee quickly. Not taking into account on how hot it was I burnt my mouth and spilled the rest of the coffee on my pants.

“Fuck.” Just when I thought this day couldn’t have gotten any worse.

Knowing that I couldn’t get changed because I was already losing too much time, I just grabbed a tea towel and rubbed the worst of it off of my trousers.

Once I had taken care of that problem, I then went back into my bedroom to grab my briefcase containing my portfolio. I then shoved my shoes on without undoing and redoing the shoelaces (because I lacked time to do so) before grabbing the keys to my apartment.

Seeing that I was now all set I opened the door into the lobby outside my apartment. After shutting and locking the door to my apartment I then speedily ran over to the elevators on the other side of the lobby. When I had reached the elevator, I proceeded to anxiously press the ‘Door open’ button several times. After what felt like centauries the elevator made a ding sound before the doors slid open. Rushing into the elevator I then pressed the ‘Close door button’ and the ‘G’ button. After the doors closed and what felt like hours of that weird uncomfortable sensation that one gets when using an elevator, I heard a ding and then a mechanical voice saying “Ground floor” before the doors then slid open.

When the doors were open, I rushed out of the elevator into the lobby where I nearly instantaneously slid and landed ass first on the smooth and overly polished floor. As I struggled to stand up once again slipped only this time, I crashed face first into one of the spherical lamps sat next to the lounges in the lobby. Through the intense pain I could hear the sounds of glass shattering and electricity crackling. I could also hear the panicked voices of people…

“Someone dial 000 quickly”

“Get an ambulance”

As the panicked voices and the distant sound of an ambulance siren blazing my consciousness slowly faded into blackness.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\*//////////////////////////////

After what felt like both centuries and mere moments, I find myself in a pure white space that seems to extend forever. Where the fuck on Earth am I?!? Wait a moment. As far as I can tell I have died is this heaven? I then look around the white space surrounding me and see that it is completely devoid of anything at all. Well, if this is heaven is sure is a damn lot emptier than I thought it would be.

As I have this thought I hear the sound of something similar to a door slamming. Turning around to see what had made the noise what I saw in front of me was a beautiful and ornately designed wooden lectern. It was a dark chocolatey brown colour likely oak wood and on it was an equally ornately designed book. The cover was royal red with golden accents on the borders. On the top middle of the cover were two characters that were written in a script that seemed to resemble a combination of both Gothic script and Kanji.

When I put my hands on the book the text changed to the Roman Alphabet. There was one word written on it and that was: Evangelium. I had never heard that word before.

I then opened the book to the first page and like before it was written in this unfamiliar script before changing to the Roman Alphabet. But like before all the words on there were completely unrecognisable.

“What kind of mumbo jumbo is this?” I say shaking my head when thinking about what I had just read.

“I would like you to refrain from using that kind of language in my domain,” 

This is the second series that I have begun on any site so I would like everyone to give as much feedback as possible so I can improve my writing skills and storytelling.

18