No Place He’d Rather Be
234 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gasp

 

Lan WangJi eyes snapped open, chest heaving in quick breaths.

 

He shuddered, looking down at the form of his heart resting his head on his chest, the weight not uncomfortable.

 

Lan WangJi lifted pale fingers, and ran them through Wei Ying's hair, calming himself.

 

  He took a deep breath, inhaling, and exhaling, squeezing his eyes closed to shut away the gruesome images of Wei Ying, covered in blood, dead - dying. 

 

He swallowed thickly, eyes stinging from tears he kept at bay. 

 

He lay there with his lover, with his heart; inhaling and exhaling.

 

Simply breathing.

 

Wei Ying was alive , and next to him. Wei Ying was no longer alone and suffering. Lan WangJi was by his side, willing to do anything or go anywhere with the man snuggled up against him and warm, in his arms where he belonged. 

 

Lan WangJi, still feeling from the terror and panic from the nightmare, though he had calmed; shifted, sliding down and gently moving Wei Ying onto his back careful not to wake him.

 

Once. Just this once, he would indulge himself in this moment, needing to know Wei Ying was here, and with him. 

 

Gently, ever so gently, Lan WangJi laid his head down, and tested it upon his sleeping husbands chest, an ear placed directly above his heart.

 

Lan Wangji breathed, closing his eyes, and listened, immersing himself in the sound of Wei Yings heartbeat, allowing it to lull him back to sleep with its constant sound.

 

It was music to his ears.

 

Lan Wangji laid there and just embraced Wei Ying, content listening to his heart, beating in rhythm with Lan WangJi's.

 

He heard Wei Ying murmur, and shift slightly, wrapping his arms around Lan WangJi, tight but comfortable, comforting.

  

  A slight smile made it's way upon Lan WangJi's lips, content and happy.

 

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

Thump...

 

Such a beautiful sound...

 

Lan WangJi felt himself slipping back into the depths of sleep, in his loves arms.

 

He let sleep drag him under, no longer afraid, listening to his husband's heart beat.

 

There was no place in the world he would rather be, than by Wei Yings side, always

 

3